hampers.com Reviews

of reviewers recommend hampers.com
Read hampers.com Reviews

About hampers.com:

Hampers.com is the online website for Clearwater Hampers LTD, one of the largest gift hamper companies in the UK, supplying food, wine & gifts, all year round.

Established in 1979 and based in Abingdon, Oxfordshire. Hampers.com brings you the finest quality food & drink hampers to send as gifts to the UK and Worldwide.

With Free UK Delivery and great customer service, you need to look no further for luxury hampers to send at Christmas and all year round!

help@hampers.com

36 Innovation Drive
Milton Park
Abingdon
Oxfordshire, ,

I have to say, I’m a little disappointed this year (and I’ve been ordering these hampers for years). I preordered my Christmas hampers some time ago and asked for delivery the week before Xmas. I received notification that they had been delivered last week - way too early and not what was promised! Not sure I’ll be using you guys again next year.
No basket provided so a very expensive present,
Didn't feel what was there was worth what was paid.
Present was for my sister, but she didn’t know who it was from as it was delivered without the happy birthday note. She thought it was from an ex boyfriend so wasn’t very happy when she received it. Not ideal
Started charging for delivery on a specific date. Not good. So as a result the hamper got delivered when I wasn't in.
They gave me a delivery date and it was a day late (glad it wasn't for a birthday present) It turnt up at 8.10pm! I should of checked the contents before buying the hamper as I don't think it was worth the money I paid for it. That was my own fault though. The presentation was good.
The hamper was not delivered on the day specified, when I sent an email asking for tracking, I was told that my hamper had been dispatched (a day late) and it would be delivered within 48hrs..... It was for a 70th birthday and needed to arrive on the date I was given. I am not sure how this could have been resolved as I had already emailed office@hamper.com so this is the reason for the negative review.
received an email to say the hamper had been delivered but hadn't been received. rang to query it and was informed that it had been returned to sender but unsure why. I was advised they would look into it and come back to me but am still waiting to hear. If response not received by end of day will consider cancelling and going elsewhere.
There was nothing wrong with the hamper it was actually a lovely hamper. It was the delivery, they left it in my green bin which was in the middle of the street, I find this unacceptable and not very hygienic considering the hamper contained food. However when I complained I was given 300 points which is the equivalent of £3 which I find very insulting.
Dear Ruth, We're sorry to hear that the delivery was so disappointing for you, we can confirm that we have a leave safe policy with our couriers and it is down to the drivers discretion as to whether they leave the parcel or not, it is surprising to hear that this hamper was left in such a way but we can only refund any delivery charges that may have occurred and despite you choosing free delivery we refunded the £3 anyway. We're sorry for any disappointment and inconvenience caused. Kind regards, Clearwater hampers
Unable to change addresses .And change payment method,took me thirty minutes or more.
Dear Keith , We're sorry to hear that you found it difficult to change the addresses, and that you had other issues with the process. We hope that this doesn't discourage you from ordering from us in the future. Kind regards, Clearwater hampers
Hamper should have been delivered on the Saturday and was not delivered until the following Wednesday. It was a special occasion and the website at the time of booking promised delivery on the Saturday. Not acceptable!
The Hamper itself was lovely, unfortunately the delivery was not! I had put a note for the delivery driver to leave the hamper at the back door where I had provided a box for the hamper to be placed into as it was raining. I was informed that the hamper was left outside the front door on a busy estate in the pouring rain, and had ruined the box it was presented in. Not really very happy atall as the hamper was expensive.
Dear Stephanie, We are very sorry to hear the hamper was left out in the rain & not as you requested. We will look into this further with our couriers & contact you by e-mail. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience & disappointment caused. Kind regards, Hamper.com
The hamper was for my sisters birthday. I received an message to say it had been left in a "safe place". My sister returned home to be stopped by the neighbour- the package had been left on the doorstep in full view. He saw it and decided to take it home with him until she returned. Had he not been so thoughtful who knows what would have happened to her gift. Needless to say this has left me reluctant to use this company again.
The hamper arrived a day late. Some of the grapes were squashed (exploded) causing a mess. The message wasn't affixed to the packaging and feel to the bottom. Given the price, very underwhelming.
I have used your service many times and have been more than happy. But this time it was delayed, due to be delivered on Friday. I was then told it would happen on Saturday, but no finally was delivered on Monday. I have tried to find out why, but have had no response. They were going to send some extra chocolates. I am not even sure that happened. Perhaps someone could answer these questions for me??
The hamper I ordered for my father was not delivered on the correct day. It was meant to arrive on the Saturday before Fathers Day. It didn't. Then on Monday I received an email informing me that it had been delivered, but that it was damaged. When I spoke to my parents that night I asked how they liked the wine hamper (and hopefully the damage was minimal)? They said nothing had been delivered. So, the surprise element of the gift was also ruined. When I contacted Hampers.com for an explanation they said due to it being Fathers Day volume had been large and they hadn't been able to deliver things on time. They said it would be sent out again with some chocolates as an apology. I am so disappointed in this company. They have a great website, and say all the right things, but can't deliver on their promises. I won't be using them again. How can you be a gift company, offering Fathers Day hampers, and then be caught out by large volumes of gifts for Fathers Day? Didn't they ever hear of planning and forecasting? Plus the offer of some chocolates was pretty poor compensation for the catalog of errors that occurred.
Hamper was to be delivered on Friday however did not arrive until Monday despite me receiving a notification that it had been shipped Friday.
Dear Linda, We are sorry the hamper was not delivered on the preferred date you requested. We can confirm this was attempted to be delivered on the Friday, however there was no-one at home. Deliveries are then re-scheduled for the next working day, which was the Monday, & successful. We hope your Mum still enjoyed Mother's day & the hamper once it arrived. Kind regards, Hamper.com
The hamper did not arrive in time for my son's birthday and we are still trying to find out where it was delivered to. I received and e-mail to confirm delivery but we have not received this hamper. I had used your firm before to deliver a hamper for my daughter in-law at the same address and it arrived no problem so I can not understand what has happened this time
The picture was quite misleading, I didn't realise it was a half bottle of wine and there weren't enough oatcakes to eat the cheese with. The basket was also poor quality, so when I went to my friends after it had arrived for her I was disappointed, but she seemed to like it and it arrived on time.
Dear Tom, Thank you for your review. We are very sorry to hear you are disappointed with the contents of the hamper. The sizes are clearly stated on the website & the description of the hamper specifies this comes with a half bottle of wine & the image also shows this. Therefore, we are sorry if you overlooked these details, but pleased to hear the recipient was happy with the hamper you chose for them. We hope to hear from you again in the future. kind regards, Hamper.com
The Luxury Scottish hamper was delivered on time but I was appalled to discover, quite by chance, that the two main items, smoked salmon and venison, were missing. When I notified the firm they appeared sorry and did then send them, but the small box of truffle chocolates offered as apology did not mitigate the disappointment which I felt . The recipients told me that even with the rectification, the hamper was not worth the £56 which I had paid I am now wondering whether previous hampers which I had purchased were exactly as described, as I had always taken them on trust, and the recipients would not know what to expect! Silly me.
hampers.com is rated 4.80 based on 19,300 reviews