Chisholm Hunter Reviews

of reviewers recommend Chisholm Hunter
Live Chat, Email, Telephone
Read Chisholm Hunter Reviews

Tell us how Chisholm Hunter made you happy
Item was faulty/damaged and customer service were unhelpful when I tried to return it.
A shocking customer experience.

An incorrect watch was sent due to an error at their end. They then had me send the watch back at my expense first class next day signed for (£11.15). This was under the pretence that they would send the correct watch straight out to me in time for my father’s 50th birthday.

It was posted on the Saturday, back with them by Monday, birthday on the Tuesday.

The correct watch (of significant value and importance as it was a big occasion), didn’t arrive until over a week later.

I called them multiple times to be fobbed off by 3 employees on 3 separate days. I requested 2 call backs which never arrived.

The chap helping me had apparently gone on annual leave and had left this for a colleague who didn’t deal with it.

It took several attempts to get back in touch with him and to get him to finally send the correct watch out to me.

No efforts were made to rectify the situation other than an exasperated apology from the man who helped in the first instance.

It arrived in a tatty, dirty box, however I was done communicating with this company.

Oh and the £11.15 that I was to be refunded for postage arrived over a month later.

In short - a company that sell lovely products at great prices. But you’d better hope that everything goes right with your order - otherwise they’re terrible.
I ordered a pendant for my daughters 40th birthday.As I wanted a longer chain I requested this from Rhonda on live chat.She said she would pass this request on.When it arrived the chain was the shorter one and very thin.I emailed twice and got no response.I then called and was told somebody would call me back about my complaint but nobody did.I then called again and was informed that I should never have been told originally that I could have a different chain as they only did one size.The customer service for this company is zero and it seems once they have taken your money they are not interested in any problems. As it is my daughters birthday shortly I have no time to dispute this but have to now go and buy a more suitable chain. I would never use this company again
Ordered a watch and paid express delivery for my mums birthday. Watch did not come in time and when it did it was the complete wrong watch. We are now in February and I still have not received my refund for the delivery or for sending the wrong watch back! The actual watch has not long come and just being referred to the finance department... means nothing to me when you are not refunding me!!
Scam

I was very disappointed by the service offered by Chisholm Hunter. I purchased a birthday present from the website. It was my partner's 30th birthday, and I bought her a diamond bracelet for £1,750.

On the website, there was a timer which said that delivery would be by a certain time. It read "For delivery on [insert date], order this item in the next [insert hours/minutes". Given that this was a birthday present, and the listed time of delivery was two days before my partner's birthday, I proceeded with the purchase safe in the knowledge that it would arrive in good time.

The timer was a misrepresentation. The delivery came four days late. I couldn't give my partner her present on her birthday. I suggest that you take this dishonest timer off your website, which entices people to use your service with its misleading and erroneous representations.

Staff were attentive by email, but were restricted in what they could do.

The delivery times expressed on the website are a scam.

I note that they are still there.
Would be nice if the watch that I ordered on 22nd of January and paid £2000 for would get delivered.
Fed up phoning and getting no where. Being lied to by employees and not having my calls returned. Have been in touch with citizens advice.
Will be in touch shortly for my deposit back and cancelling my order. Total joke of a company. Never expected this. Certainly won't be using this company again!!!!!
The watch I can recommend, however Chisholm Hunter I cannot. The watch was ordered as an 18th birthday present for my son, before placing the order I called Chisholm Hunter to make sure the watch was in stock and to make sure it could be delivered before Friday (my son’s birthday) the lady on the phone said yesterday they had stock and all orders were being sent out via a 24 hour service. Imagine my surprise when on Thursday the watch hadn’t updated as being sent. Upon speaking to someone in customer service (who really didn’t care and suggested I cancelled the order) I became frustrated and asked to speak to a manager. The man I spoke to seemed genuinely sympathetic and assured me that it would be with me on Friday (not great as my son would wake up to no gift) he was part way asking me what he could do to appease me when he said he had to go into a meeting and asked if he could call me back and asked his secretary to take my details and number, I of course I agreed. That was the last I heard from Chisholm Hunter until today when they asked me for a review, so here it is... my honest review.
Shocking customer service. Said my items were dispatched and 2 weeks later I find out that they never had them in stock in the first place. I was pushed from pillar to post and ended up receiving the items over a month after the guaranteed delivery date, which was a day before my wife's birthday. Over a month later I receive the items with no apology or compensation
I returned a pair of slippers to you on 20th January & to date have not received my refund. I tried to phone & discovered that you are not accepting calls,which I find very inconvenient. I would at the very least have expected an acknowledgement to say that you had received my return. I am very disappointed with the service & would be obliged if you could advise me of the position regarding my refund.
Ordered pair of ear rings for friends 50th birthday. They then messaged a number of days later to say they didn’t have the item in stock. They offered refund or buy something else which I did and paid little extra. Told them it was for 50th gift but never arrived. When I called to chase was told it was being despatched. Still nothing. 3 times we were told the same. Further call advised that they would have to check stock! It was being despatched the day before that. Staff sound nice but they are telling lies to customers. Can’t believe how bad they have been and I still don’t have a gift for my friend. I have asked for refund but only received my initial payment so far. The extra I paid for the new item needs to be approved by a manager so still waiting. I would never use them again and I am now about to lodge an official complaint. They should not be advertising items for sale, taking peoples money when they don’t even have the items. I would rate 0 out of 5!!! Very angry.
Not a good experience unfortunately. I ordered an Ex-Display Bremont from their website to be told that they didn't actually have the watch and the stock was incorrect. I was offered a reselect or refund. The only other watch of interest was another ex display model MBII-BK/OR and was slightly dearer. Upon asking they kindly agreed to do this one for the same price. Then no contact for several days, until I chased it up to be told that this watch (which has a hardened steel case by the way) was scratched and didn't pass QC, so I opted for a refund. Lets see how that goes. It must have been thrown about a bit to have damaged it considering what its made of!! I have since noticed it is still for sale on the site as well. They must have decided they didn't want to sell it to me after all, sadly.
Ruined my 20th year anniversary
Information I received from your staff at every level was incorrect. The very expensive pen I bought was not check and getting it to work was time consuming and painful. Your staff promised thing and then did not deliver. My recommendation is don’t use this company.
Ordered a watch and it was delivered in a huge box!

So when returning I have to pay £30 delivery.
After paying so much money to purchase the item, as a courtesy the return charge should be free. I have to pay £7.50 for returning fee. Specially in this pandemic situation the return charge should be free.
Purchased the product and then recieved it 2 months later. NOT GOOD!! We only recieved this product because we chased various people within the shop itself and eventually Customer service. The watch purchased was in stock at the time and then 2 weeks later after still not recieving it they asked us if we would swap to the one we didn't order because the one we wanted was not in stock anymore. We were not happy with this considering when it was ordered it was in stock 2 weeks previous.

This company don't seem great on conversing with the customers or conversing with each other. Eventually after finally getting confirmation from customer services that it was going to be delivered the next day, we had one turn up that they didn't even know about due to them not communicating with each other. Lucky we were honest people and admitted that we had recieved it otherwise we would have had 2 for 1.

This company needs to change the way they do web orders as this is where it all went wrong. Some sort of response system would be better served that would let people know what is going on with there order.

They need to update there website to actually give clear contact details for each department so if someone has a problem they don't have to ring all the numbers for the company before getting through to the right people. We ended up contact the Edinburgh shop who started off with helping with this and then once communication stopped with this we went to customer services but had to try and get a phone number first before we could do this.

All in all we finally recieved the Item around 2 months later.

Until this is improved I would not feel confident at all about recommending this company to anyone for web orders in the future.
I payed 1000£ for a watch a month ago and I am still waiting for it.
Avoid CH!
I bought a brand new very nice ORIS Calibre 113 (mechanical hand wound watch) from Chisholm Hunter (CH), at the beginning of the lockdown (May 2020). It was delivered late. When received, it had a tiny scratch on the side of the case but as it was a really good deal I decided to save myself the hassle of sending it back in lockdown and keep it. I kept the watch in original packaging for a while just in case there was a risk of COVID-19 virus contraction. Then after a while I decided to test it. One of the watch complications (week of the year) was faulty. I tested it for a while. After going into a lot of trouble I finally got hold of someone in CH in the middle of lockdown and was advised to wait till everything is back to normal, they are open and then send it back. I did. They kept it for over a month and then called and insisted that it was nothing wrong with it and that they were going to send it back in post. I explained and said I was afraid I was not going to accept it and sign for it even if they did send it back. The lady on the phone accepted very reluctantly to sent it back to ORIS Switzerland for a factory check (as for that model any check should be carried out only by ORIS centrally in Switzerland). They did (or they said they did) send it to ORIS and got it back after a long while and sent it back to me with no explanation as to what the problem was. This took nearly 4 months if not more as you can imagine. To cut the long story short, the faulty complication of watch seems to be working but then day and date functions get stuck half way through from time to time. More recently the watch with over 3 days of power reserve stopped working altogether. It starts working when moved but stops again. The watch for which I have paid over £3700 (original price £4700) is faulty and this is a watch I have not even worn for an hour! CH should be ashamed of themselves and take full responsibility for selling a faulty watch. They should refund it in full. I am totally gobsmacked and furious. DO NOT TOUCH THEM WITH A BARGE POLE!
The watch was lovely when we finally got it. I had to chase up confirmation after ordering not good customer care.
I returned an item and three weeks later I am still waiting on a refund. Contacted customer service and they said that the shop had not processed my return and that they would get back in contact with me. Three days later, I still had not heard anything so I called back and the gentleman on the phone was very understanding and said he would get it sorted for me, although I am still waiting on my refund.
Chisholm Hunter is rated 4.39 based on 1,422 reviews