Chisholm Hunter Reviews

of reviewers recommend Chisholm Hunter
Live Chat, Email, Telephone
Read Chisholm Hunter Reviews

Tell us how Chisholm Hunter made you happy
Bought a diamond necklace - it was reasonably priced and loved by the receiver. It's really beautiful.

They have a "buy within X hours and receive in X days!" thing on their website. I wouldn't trust this if you're in a hurry. It's not accurate. Paying extra for delivery won't speed up the process either - just use the free service.

The necklace arrived 2 days late and tangled in the box. Took me so long to untangle it, I almost returned it. The way it was tangled made me question if it would even be possible for this to happen during transit.

I also received a lot of "you still have X still in your basket, can I help?" emails, even after I ordered the item.

I would use them again but probably not as a first choice.

I would have given them 3 stars but they filter out reviews under 4 stars on their website.
I was a little bit disappointed with the pendant.
The white gold chain was very, very thin and the pendant smaller than the picture.
The website listed it as costing £299 and a special offer for £199 was shown.
I did not think it was such a good deal!
I had my eye on a tag heuer.
I was talked into placing a deposit of 10% they originally wanted 20%.
I was told it would be sent to a store near me maybe by Xmas Eve.
After doing all the chasing up and being told by Marcos especially that everything is ok I’ll phone my colleges now etc. I found out they never had the watch in the first place.
They can’t seem to find my details of my deposit and keep being told it’s all in hand.
I still haven’t received my refund I placed on the 22nd dec and now it’s the 7th January.
My anxiety is up and my headspace is full.
An official complaint and ombudsman maybe if it’s not in my PayPal account tomorrow.
A firm that gets your money then passes you from one person to the next. Who knows what their aftersales would be like if something went wrong with a purchase.
Stay clear is my advice
Although the watch I ordered eventually arrived, I had to chase twice to remind them that they had to send the watch which they had already taken the money for. I understand we are in difficult times but it's not acceptable to have to chase them twice. I honestly do not believe I would have received my watch without me chasing them.
Absolutely shocking. Ordered a Watch that was supposedly on sale only to have a phone call 3 days later to say they will not honour the price as it was a ‘pricing error’ No apology whatsoever. They have done the same with lots of people. I will never order from this company again. Be wary about ordering any items which are in the sale.
I actually purchased my ring on line, I loved a particular ring but it looked like it had black enamel a point’s around the cluster...I got to live chat to your rep and they advised it was just an illusion so I made my purchase😀
I cannot fault the customer service I received from Chisholm Hunter and particularly from Megan. She was extremely helpful and my queries were quickly dealt with. I would definitely buy from them again.
I bought a Gucci watch from these people and sent it back a month ago as it became discoloured just a short while after purchase. And now it is nowhere to be seen. After many calls and emails chasing for an update. The responsibility has been put on to Gucci apparently. I've been told that it could take another 8 weeks for me to even contemplate seeing my watch again. Disgraceful.
On receipt of my watch in January I have not been able to wear it as the strap is too short by about 3 links I find this I expectable as my wrist is average size male and gents watch wouldn’t fasten on my wife’s wrist. Then to be told I would have to pay for more links and wait until a local store was open to have them fitted.
NOT SATISFIED REALLY
The watch I can recommend, however Chisholm Hunter I cannot. The watch was ordered as an 18th birthday present for my son, before placing the order I called Chisholm Hunter to make sure the watch was in stock and to make sure it could be delivered before Friday (my son’s birthday) the lady on the phone said yesterday they had stock and all orders were being sent out via a 24 hour service. Imagine my surprise when on Thursday the watch hadn’t updated as being sent. Upon speaking to someone in customer service (who really didn’t care and suggested I cancelled the order) I became frustrated and asked to speak to a manager. The man I spoke to seemed genuinely sympathetic and assured me that it would be with me on Friday (not great as my son would wake up to no gift) he was part way asking me what he could do to appease me when he said he had to go into a meeting and asked if he could call me back and asked his secretary to take my details and number, I of course I agreed. That was the last I heard from Chisholm Hunter until today when they asked me for a review, so here it is... my honest review.
Had to wait almost three weeks for my watch, that was after me phoning up 3 times
Shocking customer service. Said my items were dispatched and 2 weeks later I find out that they never had them in stock in the first place. I was pushed from pillar to post and ended up receiving the items over a month after the guaranteed delivery date, which was a day before my wife's birthday. Over a month later I receive the items with no apology or compensation
I returned a pair of slippers to you on 20th January & to date have not received my refund. I tried to phone & discovered that you are not accepting calls,which I find very inconvenient. I would at the very least have expected an acknowledgement to say that you had received my return. I am very disappointed with the service & would be obliged if you could advise me of the position regarding my refund.
Ordered pair of ear rings for friends 50th birthday. They then messaged a number of days later to say they didn’t have the item in stock. They offered refund or buy something else which I did and paid little extra. Told them it was for 50th gift but never arrived. When I called to chase was told it was being despatched. Still nothing. 3 times we were told the same. Further call advised that they would have to check stock! It was being despatched the day before that. Staff sound nice but they are telling lies to customers. Can’t believe how bad they have been and I still don’t have a gift for my friend. I have asked for refund but only received my initial payment so far. The extra I paid for the new item needs to be approved by a manager so still waiting. I would never use them again and I am now about to lodge an official complaint. They should not be advertising items for sale, taking peoples money when they don’t even have the items. I would rate 0 out of 5!!! Very angry.
Purchased the product and then recieved it 2 months later. NOT GOOD!! We only recieved this product because we chased various people within the shop itself and eventually Customer service. The watch purchased was in stock at the time and then 2 weeks later after still not recieving it they asked us if we would swap to the one we didn't order because the one we wanted was not in stock anymore. We were not happy with this considering when it was ordered it was in stock 2 weeks previous.

This company don't seem great on conversing with the customers or conversing with each other. Eventually after finally getting confirmation from customer services that it was going to be delivered the next day, we had one turn up that they didn't even know about due to them not communicating with each other. Lucky we were honest people and admitted that we had recieved it otherwise we would have had 2 for 1.

This company needs to change the way they do web orders as this is where it all went wrong. Some sort of response system would be better served that would let people know what is going on with there order.

They need to update there website to actually give clear contact details for each department so if someone has a problem they don't have to ring all the numbers for the company before getting through to the right people. We ended up contact the Edinburgh shop who started off with helping with this and then once communication stopped with this we went to customer services but had to try and get a phone number first before we could do this.

All in all we finally recieved the Item around 2 months later.

Until this is improved I would not feel confident at all about recommending this company to anyone for web orders in the future.
Having had good experiences buying in store from CH in the past, I bought a new Omega watch online which was delivered with a damaged box and missing additional straps and accessories.
Although everything was eventually replaced after a few weeks, i had to continually phone and chase customer services (who to their credit were very pleasant) to get any updates, and to advise what should have been in the box.
There was no offer of any kind of compensation for the trouble, even though I had to return the box at my own expense. I was then told that if I didn’t want to send my bank details to them via email, I would have to go in store (once they open again) if I wanted to get the £20 postage costs refunded.
All in all, very disappointed with the whole experience.
Avoid CH!
I bought a brand new very nice ORIS Calibre 113 (mechanical hand wound watch) from Chisholm Hunter (CH), at the beginning of the lockdown (May 2020). It was delivered late. When received, it had a tiny scratch on the side of the case but as it was a really good deal I decided to save myself the hassle of sending it back in lockdown and keep it. I kept the watch in original packaging for a while just in case there was a risk of COVID-19 virus contraction. Then after a while I decided to test it. One of the watch complications (week of the year) was faulty. I tested it for a while. After going into a lot of trouble I finally got hold of someone in CH in the middle of lockdown and was advised to wait till everything is back to normal, they are open and then send it back. I did. They kept it for over a month and then called and insisted that it was nothing wrong with it and that they were going to send it back in post. I explained and said I was afraid I was not going to accept it and sign for it even if they did send it back. The lady on the phone accepted very reluctantly to sent it back to ORIS Switzerland for a factory check (as for that model any check should be carried out only by ORIS centrally in Switzerland). They did (or they said they did) send it to ORIS and got it back after a long while and sent it back to me with no explanation as to what the problem was. This took nearly 4 months if not more as you can imagine. To cut the long story short, the faulty complication of watch seems to be working but then day and date functions get stuck half way through from time to time. More recently the watch with over 3 days of power reserve stopped working altogether. It starts working when moved but stops again. The watch for which I have paid over £3700 (original price £4700) is faulty and this is a watch I have not even worn for an hour! CH should be ashamed of themselves and take full responsibility for selling a faulty watch. They should refund it in full. I am totally gobsmacked and furious. DO NOT TOUCH THEM WITH A BARGE POLE!
The watch was lovely when we finally got it. I had to chase up confirmation after ordering not good customer care.
I returned an item and three weeks later I am still waiting on a refund. Contacted customer service and they said that the shop had not processed my return and that they would get back in contact with me. Three days later, I still had not heard anything so I called back and the gentleman on the phone was very understanding and said he would get it sorted for me, although I am still waiting on my refund.
Numerous purchase issues starting with incorrect info given on exchange, threatening with a regulatory complaint due to unreasonable delay cancelling finance, then purchased another ring, which was out of stock so another one offered, and was sent the completely wrong one. Was given the alternative eventually (after threatening to cancel the whole thing if not received by the date promised). Have shopped with CH for years and usually the service is great but the experience this time was poor. I did receive a discount off a more expensive ring that was given as an alternative, which I accepted although the diamond colour is not as good (yellow diamond). Would probably go elsewhere next time.
Chisholm Hunter is rated 4.39 based on 1,441 reviews