Chiltern Oak Furniture Reviews

Own Driver, Courier
Read Chiltern Oak Furniture Reviews

sales@chilternoakfurniture.co.uk

Tell us how Chiltern Oak Furniture made you happy
Only recently opened the delivery of sideboard, due to redecorating. We found one of the doors wouldn't close properly. The shelves were tough to touch. It wasn't a solid oak top.It was an engineered top. We were very disappointed with it as thought it was poorly finished and not worth the money.
Daylight robbery. Advertised a grey (light grey) cabinet. Delivered a green grey darker cabinet. When we suggested we didn’t want it, they want it to be in its original packaging. Amazingly to open a huge piece of furniture you have to uncover the packaging. Absolute trap to mis-sell their furniture then claim it’s not in it original packaging. Appalling and I won’t let them get away with it. FHIO has been contacted.
Hello there. I'm sorry to hear that you haven't had a positive experience with us. We do our best to ensure the images representing our products are as accurate as possible, but they are shot with ideal lighting and colours may appear different when placed in certain areas of the room. Whilst I understand your frustrations regarding the packaging, this is a part of our returns policy which is referenced on both the individual product pages and the Returns Policy section of the website, and in our opinion it is possible to open this item without destroying the outer packaging. We are able to accept returns without packaging, but it must be suitably packaged by you in a way that ensures it doesn't get damaged in transit on its return to us. This is a standard returns procedure for online businesses, following legal guidelines. Kind regards, Chiltern Oak Furniture.
Dressing Table not fit for purpose. Paint has started coming of the dressing table. I showed customer service a photo of my perfume on my dressing table as a example of what is on my dressing table. Customer service have said I should not put toiletries or perfume on the dressing table which is ridiculous. Trading standards have said Under the Consumer Right Act 2015 goods should be of satisfactory quality which the dressing table is not. Customer service just keep saying the perfume has taken the paint off. As a family we have spent £2000 in the last year with Chiltern Oak Furniture and there customer service is disgraceful. Please do not buy anything from this company.
Hi Lisa. I'm sorry to hear that you haven't had a positive experience shopping with us. As has been discussed, we have refused this return because the item has been damaged by you, as you have acknowledged. Under these circumstances as a business we are not duty bound to collect and replace the item, and doing so would set a dangerous precedent should other items on your order be damaged in the future whilst they are in your possession. The issue present on your dressing table wouldn't have been caused by simply resting a perfume bottle on the surface. It will have been caused by perfume dripping on to the surface and being allowed to seep in to the wood for a period of time, possibly with something pressing down on it like the lid or the bottle. It looks like the lid in this instance. Given the acidic nature of perfume, I would expect the same reaction on oak, pine, leather, fabric or any painted wood. In our opinion this is not an issue of the item not being fit for purpose, rather not being treated with care. With that being said, we will not be collecting this item and I apologise for any disappointment this will undoubtedly cause. Kind regards, Chiltern Oak Furniture.
I will NEVER use this 'family friendly' supplier again. I paid for a Banbury chest of drawers which arrived very badly damaged with a shattered top left hand corner with splinters sticking out. I complained and this was replaced today but I was told it would be delivered at 6.20 am and that I had absolutely no choice about it even though I explained I'm 74, in poor health and that time in the morning is terrible for me (or probably for most people). The staff were obdurate and inflexible though superficially polite. When I said I would never have bought from them had I known that it would be delivered at 6.20 am, the girl said 'you should have asked'!!! It never entered my head that anyone would think it was ok to deliver a paid for item at that time and not offer the customer any choice whatsoever, so of course I didn't ask. One thinks of 'unknown unknowns'.... I was told I could wait for the following week but it could be the same time anyway and there was no way the courier could alter anything so as to deliver to me at the end of the route (9.00 am) rather than the start. I was told they would put it back to 7.00 am and lo and behold this morning they arrived at 6.20 am. This is unheard of customer treatment to me and I am still shocked that I had absolutely no choice. Everyone I told (young and old has reacted with 'whaaaat'! 6.20 am. It's very inconsiderate treatment and since Chiltern Oak choose their courier, I consider the responsibility lies with them.
I have been wanting to order 4 pieces of furniture and was told 2 pieces were not coming in till July, i have just rang and the lady assistant who wasn't very helpful finally said that they would probably be in in about 10 to 12 weeks. I would appreciate it if someone who knows what is available could ring me otherwise i will have to purchase them elsewhere as i cannot wait another 12 weeks. Thank you.
I had booked to have the White Glove Service to put up my 2 wardrobes as I am disabled and have severe mobility problems. When the Wardrobes arrived the men were only delivery and could not erect them. On checking my account I noticed that the £50 White glove fee had been repaid but I had not been informed of this. Extremely disappointing that there was no communication in any way as I would have delayed the delivery until the service was available. I have no idea when I can get the wardrobes put up and the inconvenience is really not acceptable. Very poor communication from the company. Could do better! Can anyone help? Do you have people who can put wardrobes up?
Hi Jon. I'm really sorry about this. As explained on the phone to you just now, it's a mix-up our end. The White Glove telephone payment was mistaken for an overpayment and automatically refunded to you. We will arrange a service call for you at the soonest possible opportunity and ensure the Wardrobes are unboxed and built for you. Someone will be in touch with you about this once we have a confirmed date for this to take place. Kind regards, Chiltern Oak Furniture.
Previous 2 items bought were excellent, this latest is no where as good, very disappointing.
Shocking service. Waited for weeks for delivery of several items of furniture to be told this afternoon that they could not 'locate' some items and would I mind waiting until July! Refund requested.
I received my Valentino Industrial Oak TV unit this morning only to find that half of the bits were missing. I received 3 bolts, 3 washers and 3 lock washers, however I was meant to receive 12 of each as per instruction sheet. I then discovered that 3 of the 4 feet for the TV unit were cracked and in no state to support the furniture. I called customer service who said it would take at least a week for the missing parts to come and if I wanted a full refund I would have to send pictures to their email to evidence the damage- yet to hear back despite being told they would look into it straight away. In addition to this, the two delivery men walked straight into my house (without uttering a word) with no face masks or any PPE whatsoever which is highly unprofessional and irresponsible given the coronavirus pandemic. Really disappointed. I would have expected high quality furniture and service given how their prices compare to other retailers. I would advise anyone to shop elsewhere.
Extremely disappointed in this company. I ordered a dressing table chair and mirror in November, money was taken out of my bank and it did not arrive within the specified time. Upon getting in contact with the company, I was repeatedly told there was delay and it would arrive the next month then the next month and so forth. It is now the end of March and I am still without a dressing table chair and mirror. I cannot go elsewhere as I have the dressing table and require the items to match.
The service from start to finish was really poor. The item was sent to the wrong address, so there was a delay in receiving the item. When it was eventually delivered it was broken, after speaking to Chiltern they sent a replacement and arranged collection of the damaged item. We were left waiting in twice for collection and DPD failed to collect!!! I sent numerous emails! Needless to say we will not be ordering from them again!!
cancelled order over 2 weeks ago as they only make a 'door step' delivery, too heavy for us to move indoors. still waiting for my refund, when I ordered they took full payment immediately!
Hello there. I'm sorry to see that you have left us the lowest possible feedback. I can see that the order was cancelled on 10th March (7 days ago). The refund was processed the next day on 11th March. You've paid via SagePay and funds can take 3-5 working days to reach your account, something we're not in control of. Today is the 5th working day, so I would hope that the funds will be with you today at the latest. If they're not, please do let us know. Kind regards, Chiltern Oak Furniture.
Most of the furniture arrived damage,I phoned and was told to email . . I sent an email to you but nearly 24hours later no reply. Also I did inform the delivery people to knock the door before unloading . .yes he knock the door with a box already . .we needed to direct the delivery person to the rear of the property. As we ordered a extra large tv stand you would have thought there would have been 2 people delivering the goods, lucky my husband was home as all the delivery guy could say was I can’t carry it myself . .what would have happened if he was not at home?..?
my Second order with this firm. (Display cabinets then larder uniti) Both orders when they arrived the furniture was damaged in the box! Boxes had obvious holes in them. They clearly have very poor delivery service people who pay no regard to the contents (or your home) . Or they send out damaged furniture. On the second delivery they also damaged my outside light which is a security light. they just shrugged their shoulders in response!
I have Received my order which is damaged and incomplete, I have tried calling and emailing for the past few days and you simply cannot get any answer or reply from emails sent What a absolute joke to be trading in this way I will be reporting this company to trading standards as I’ve payed for goods and have not received them
Hi Brendan. I'm really sorry for the delay in responding to your emails, we're really snowed under in Customer Services at the moment and addressing issues in a chronological order. We don't ignore issues intentionally and I believe your issue is in the process of being dealt with now. Hopefully this hasn't put you off ordering from us in the future. Kind regards, Chiltern Oak Furniture.
Very disappointed, havent recieved delivery of items as advised (incidentally the date was later than expected based on the website info), tracking with courier states not recieved parcel. Called the company who said they would get back to me. At the very least I expect the courtesy of a call back with a delivery date update. No they're closed now. Ordered two bedside cabinets with the intention of ordering full furniture for two bedrooms.......I dont think so after my experience so far.
Hi Carolyn, I'm sorry to hear that there was some communication issues regarding delivery. I can see that the item was due for delivery today between 10:05 - 11:05am. Hopefully you have now received them and are happy with the furniture you've received. I sincerely hope this experience hasn't put you off ordering from us in the future. Kind regards, Chiltern Oak Furniture.
The two chests of drawers were listed as being wood and mdf, the back and side panels are mdf, the back is unfinished and full of staple holes on both units. The paintwork on both units was chipped in numerous areas and one unit had a fist-sized chunk that had been knocked out somehow and badly glued back into place. It looked like someone had tried to disguise the damage. Offering a refund or replacement is not good enough. I don’t want to carry these things up the stairs and unpackage them, only to find that I have to send them back. You can get the same or better from a flat pack wholesaler, you dont need to pay the premium prices that Chiltern charge.
Hi. I'm very sorry to see that you have left us the lowest possible feedback. although understand the reasons why. It is never our intention to send out damaged goods as we wouldn't intend to something that would need to be returned, at cost to us. Furthermore, and most importantly, we wouldn't want our customers to receive damaged goods. Unfortunately sometimes this is inevitable and at that stage, we don't really have any other options other than to collect/replace, collect/refund, or offer a percentage discount to keep the existing item in its current condition. I do maintain that I don't believe this product is comparable to any flatpack furniture, but that's of course down to personal choice. Kind regards, Chiltern Oak Furniture.
Ordered 3 weeks ago. Still not arrived despite claiming to deliver within 5-10 working days. External courier text a delivery date. If this is not convenient you then have to wait another 7 days for the courier to text another delivery date. Ridiculous system. Customer service unhelpful. Will not be coming back!! Avoid at all costs!!
I ordered a 5drawer chest on 8thJanuary which was delivered on the 12th.On opening the chest was the wrong colour. On checking the packaging it was clearly marked cream and not grey as ordered. Pickup was arranged (two different vans arrived) and a replacement sent. The replacement was sent but in a disgraceful condition. It had obviously been dropped as the joints were all showing. In addition some of the packaging was missing and much of the rest just thrown in the box. I believe this was probably a previous returned item. Although the staff at Chiltern were polite i believe someone in authority should have had the decency to contact me. I am still waiting for the second item to be collected and for my full refund.
I was advised 1 day before delivery was due that the external courier did not load our order of a dining table and 6 chairs onto the delivery vehicle and delivery cannot be guaranteed before Christmas. This is absolutely unacceptable. The website promises delivery before Christmas if an order is placed before December 15th, yet we will not be getting ours, despite placing the order 3 weeks ago. A measly £30 credit voucher on an order of nearly £1000 is hardly what I would consider a good will gesture when faced with the prospect of eating Christmas dinner on the floor!
Hello there. I'm very sorry to see that you have left us the lowest possible feedback. I completely understand your frustrations with regards to the initial failed delivery, however there seems to be some confusion regarding the delivery date. The order will be delivered before Christmas (no later than 23rd Dec). I believe this has been relayed to you but possibly there is some wires crossed somewhere. Apologies again for the initial delivery issues. Kind regards, Chiltern Oak Furniture.
Chiltern Oak Furniture is rated 4.72 based on 2,621 reviews