Chiltern Oak Furniture Reviews

Own Driver, Courier
Read Chiltern Oak Furniture Reviews

sales@chilternoakfurniture.co.uk

Tell us how Chiltern Oak Furniture made you happy
I ordered a 5drawer chest on 8thJanuary which was delivered on the 12th.On opening the chest was the wrong colour. On checking the packaging it was clearly marked cream and not grey as ordered. Pickup was arranged (two different vans arrived) and a replacement sent. The replacement was sent but in a disgraceful condition. It had obviously been dropped as the joints were all showing. In addition some of the packaging was missing and much of the rest just thrown in the box. I believe this was probably a previous returned item.
Although the staff at Chiltern were polite i believe someone in authority should have had the decency to contact me.
I am still waiting for the second item to be collected and for my full refund.
I was advised 1 day before delivery was due that the external courier did not load our order of a dining table and 6 chairs onto the delivery vehicle and delivery cannot be guaranteed before Christmas. This is absolutely unacceptable. The website promises delivery before Christmas if an order is placed before December 15th, yet we will not be getting ours, despite placing the order 3 weeks ago. A measly £30 credit voucher on an order of nearly £1000 is hardly what I would consider a good will gesture when faced with the prospect of eating Christmas dinner on the floor!
Hello there. I'm very sorry to see that you have left us the lowest possible feedback. I completely understand your frustrations with regards to the initial failed delivery, however there seems to be some confusion regarding the delivery date. The order will be delivered before Christmas (no later than 23rd Dec). I believe this has been relayed to you but possibly there is some wires crossed somewhere. Apologies again for the initial delivery issues. Kind regards, Chiltern Oak Furniture.
Very disappointed. Ordered a coffee table. Got confirmation of order, then next day emailed to say they do NOT deliver to the Isle of Wight. Most other companies deliver here. We are part of England. I was trying to give a British company business, but obviously they don't need.
Shall not recommend.
Hi Jenny. Whilst I can understand your frustrations, we try to avoid this disappointment by mentioning this in our Delivery Information section, with the Isle of Wight specifically mentioned as an undeliverable area. The problem is not necessarily getting the item to you, which can be done at some expense to us, it's the logistical issues and expense that may occur should the item arrive damaged that's the main issue, and the reason we unfortunately had to stop making deliveries to these locations a few years ago. With the additional transportation and handling required to reach you, this increases the likelihood of damage. Kind regards, Chiltern Oak Furniture.
Terrible customer service and incompetent delivery. Dining table delivered without legs despite my prompting the drivers for an additional item. Spend your money with a different retailer.
Damaged items. Problems with items being collected. Would not recommend.
This is third order the first two no problems had damaged chairs which were replaced straight away.Idecided to order something else Which was offered as next day I changed date to yesterday as earliest day off I could have off work waited all day no message emailed twice 4 phone calls no reply voicemail no call backs rang this morning still no reply is the company no longer trading will report to various complaint sites if no answer today
Hi Sharon. Apologies that you haven't been able to get hold of us. We're experiencing an extremely high volume of calls and emails at the moment, which coupled with some staff absences has put us behind somewhat. I'll give the guys in Customer Services a nudge and ask them to get back to you ASAP. Kind regards, Chiltern Oak Furniture.
Hi Sharon. Just looking in to this further and it looks like we got back to you last night. Please let us know if you haven't received the email. Your collection and delivery will take place tomorrow. Kind regards, Chiltern Oak Furniture.
We received faulty good on the 23 September and despite various phone calls and emails have not received a pick up date. We were informed we would not receive a refund until the item was received back in the warehouse. Your item was advertised as oak but, when unpacking from the bottom, the base was damaged and not oak. The wooden fixings were also nailed in and split. We did not unpack further and sealed it up. We have contacted you by both email and phone to no avail.
Faulty furniture
Refusal to replace in timely manner.
Rude and unhelpful staff who do not know what’s written in their own returns policy. They lie when they say they check everything before it is sent out.
Hello there. I'm very sorry to see that your furniture arrived damaged. We never intentionally send out damaged furniture but these things can happen from time to time, particularly in transit. I believe a collection and replacement was arranged on our next day delivery service whilst you were on the phone to a member of our customer services team - unfortunately we can't offer a quicker service than that. Kind regards, Chiltern Oak Furniture.
Order arrived damaged on the 29th and I'm still waiting to receive my money back. Shocking service.
I have ordered a bench 2 wks ago.Still not arrived .Any reasons.
Hello there. This sounds like a strange one. If we had received an order from you and there was a delay with it you would have heard from us long before now. As your review has been left anonymously I'm unable to look in to this further, please contact us on sales@chilternoakfurniture.co.uk and we'll be happy to look in to it for you.
So me and the missus ordered the Hampshire Tv stand and it came with no issues or faults. So the following week we ordered the Hampshire Nest of Tables. After waiting a few days and not receiving the unit I decided to ring customer service. Two days to get through to someone who could actually help and answer my question where my purchased item is. They accidentally didn’t put my order through even though it had been paid for. So I waited a full week to revive the item and unpacked it only for it being damaged. They haven’t bothered to even assemble it correctly. So one week I waited to receive a damaged unit and again what a surprise no answer when you call customer service. See photos attached
Hi Kevin,

I'm really sorry to hear that there have been some difficulties with your follow-up order. From the images you've proved this looks like a clear case of transit damage, and something we can sort out for you promptly. I'm sorry that you've been unable to get through on the phone, the phone lines are incredibly busy at the moment, but if you're able to follow this up with an email too that would be very helpful.

Kind regards,

Chiltern Oak Furniture.
Don’t bother buying from this company. Completely incompetent to deal with, they give dates for delivery which they know they can’t fulfil. Avoid.
Don't use this company. I ordered a dining set from them. Two of the items were missing and table was damaged. Day after day calling them and all you get is apologies and excuses. They give you dates when you're furniture should arrive but no-one turns up. You call them and all they say is they forgot to raise it whatever that means. Con merchants 😡🤬😠
i have called several times today, ordered 2 beds and one delivered! no one is answering calls or emails. !!!!
Ordered the rutland 4’6” oak bed all ok. We were given a date and time for delivery, only to receive an e-mail 15 minutes before time slot to end 17.15pm that the bed was not been delivered due to no stock, availability due about approximately 6 weeks later how on earth this order was not picked up on the morning is disgusting we would not recommend this company to anyone
Shocking and bad communication
Hi Daryl. I'm very sorry to see that you've left us the lowest possible feedback. I can see that you've placed an order with us but can't see any correspondence from the email address you've used. Would it be possible to forward on details of the issues you've encountered to sales@chilternoakfurniture.co.uk so that I can have a look in to this and see what went wrong on this occasion? Many thanks, Chiltern Oak Furniture.
Received my chest of drawers which was significantly damaged and then had great difficulty speaking to anyone in customer services, I telephoned and left a message, I emailed, I contacted them via Messenger which incidentally they have now blocked me from and then telephoned again before actually speaking to anyone. Finally when I did speak to someone I was told it would be up to 10 days before the item would be collected and even longer to receive a refund. I advised that I would be posting my experience on social media which I did on their Facebook page visitor posts but my post miraculously disappeared and now I have been blocked for leaving factual details of my experience. I also emailed the CEO of Chiltern Oak but as you’d expect with this level of service my email has been ignored. Chiltern Oak say they do not have ‘reviews’ on their Facebook page but there were comments from people who were happy with their purchase so clearly just the comments about poor quality/service that are not allowed. There are many good reviews for the company but just to be aware if you do have a problem the customer service is poor as quite a number of customers have found looking at recent reviews on TrustPilot. It is now almost a week since I spoke with Chiltern Oak and I am still waiting for confirmation of a date when the item will be collected
Hi Tracy.

I'm sorry to see that again you have left another negative review for us. I appreciate that the 10-day wait for collection is frustrating, however this is in-line with our delivery lead-time and collections/replacements are effectively the same service. As you already know from our reply to your other negative reviews, your issue was dealt with less than 2 hours from the first point of contact, which seems very reasonable to me. I think the main issue here is that the item arrived damaged which seems to be the basis for your reviews. This is regrettable, but isn't something that we do deliberately and happens from time-to-time. I don't believe the service you have received thereafter has been below our usual standards, and I'm not sure what negative reviews you're referring to on Trustpilot as 96% of over 700 Trustpilot reviews are positive.

To reiterate again; we don't have reviews on our social media pages. Customer comments are permitted but there are no reviews. We don't have a CEO, so I'm unsure who you have emailed.

Kindest regards,

Chiltern Oak Furniture
Not happy . Little pot holes over white top. Only bought 3 months ago
Poor communication, noone returns calls.
I had a damaged piece of furniture turn up, not one but twice.
I would not recommend this company to any one.
The drive turned up 40 minutes early no phone call I was in the shower.
Had to wait a week for them to pick up the first damaged item
The only plus the delivery people were very friendly and helpful.
To be honest I like the furniture but having had a few items the quality control is poor at best. I received a nest of tables that was so badly damaged the leg was secured to the table with tape. Obviously this was a mistake at the warehouse and the Chiltern team quickly ordered a replacement.

I have to say the delivery teams I have had are really good and hard working.

I then ordered two wardrobes almost £1,000 and there were marks at the back and internally. There were some light scuffs at the front. Chiltern solution was to send me a small pot about 1/5 full of touch up paint. The paint sorted the front and as you can't see the back or internally it was less of an issue. But these are, for me, expensive items and I expected better.

Most recently I ordered a small sideboard. The damage on it is terrible there are massive cracks and and a dent on the oak top. Event the handles are missing!

I had raised this issue by email and voicemail and got nothing for 3 days. Then I got an email saying they would try to source a replacement. I replied with a compliant and detailed all the issues and I have heard nothing since. So I am stuck with broken sideboard and a massive cardboard box which I need to keep should I ever get a response.

The items I have are really nice and we are happy with them but quality control and after customer service is poor to say the least.
Chiltern Oak Furniture is rated 4.76 based on 2,373 reviews