Chiltern Oak Furniture Reviews

Own Driver, Courier
Read Chiltern Oak Furniture Reviews

sales@chilternoakfurniture.co.uk

Tell us how Chiltern Oak Furniture made you happy
Order arrived damaged on the 29th and I'm still waiting to receive my money back. Shocking service.
I have ordered a bench 2 wks ago.Still not arrived .Any reasons.
Hello there. This sounds like a strange one. If we had received an order from you and there was a delay with it you would have heard from us long before now. As your review has been left anonymously I'm unable to look in to this further, please contact us on sales@chilternoakfurniture.co.uk and we'll be happy to look in to it for you.
So me and the missus ordered the Hampshire Tv stand and it came with no issues or faults. So the following week we ordered the Hampshire Nest of Tables. After waiting a few days and not receiving the unit I decided to ring customer service. Two days to get through to someone who could actually help and answer my question where my purchased item is. They accidentally didn’t put my order through even though it had been paid for. So I waited a full week to revive the item and unpacked it only for it being damaged. They haven’t bothered to even assemble it correctly. So one week I waited to receive a damaged unit and again what a surprise no answer when you call customer service. See photos attached
Hi Kevin,

I'm really sorry to hear that there have been some difficulties with your follow-up order. From the images you've proved this looks like a clear case of transit damage, and something we can sort out for you promptly. I'm sorry that you've been unable to get through on the phone, the phone lines are incredibly busy at the moment, but if you're able to follow this up with an email too that would be very helpful.

Kind regards,

Chiltern Oak Furniture.
Don’t bother buying from this company. Completely incompetent to deal with, they give dates for delivery which they know they can’t fulfil. Avoid.
Don't use this company. I ordered a dining set from them. Two of the items were missing and table was damaged. Day after day calling them and all you get is apologies and excuses. They give you dates when you're furniture should arrive but no-one turns up. You call them and all they say is they forgot to raise it whatever that means. Con merchants 😡🤬😠
i have called several times today, ordered 2 beds and one delivered! no one is answering calls or emails. !!!!
Ordered the rutland 4’6” oak bed all ok. We were given a date and time for delivery, only to receive an e-mail 15 minutes before time slot to end 17.15pm that the bed was not been delivered due to no stock, availability due about approximately 6 weeks later how on earth this order was not picked up on the morning is disgusting we would not recommend this company to anyone
Shocking and bad communication
Hi Daryl. I'm very sorry to see that you've left us the lowest possible feedback. I can see that you've placed an order with us but can't see any correspondence from the email address you've used. Would it be possible to forward on details of the issues you've encountered to sales@chilternoakfurniture.co.uk so that I can have a look in to this and see what went wrong on this occasion? Many thanks, Chiltern Oak Furniture.
Received my chest of drawers which was significantly damaged and then had great difficulty speaking to anyone in customer services, I telephoned and left a message, I emailed, I contacted them via Messenger which incidentally they have now blocked me from and then telephoned again before actually speaking to anyone. Finally when I did speak to someone I was told it would be up to 10 days before the item would be collected and even longer to receive a refund. I advised that I would be posting my experience on social media which I did on their Facebook page visitor posts but my post miraculously disappeared and now I have been blocked for leaving factual details of my experience. I also emailed the CEO of Chiltern Oak but as you’d expect with this level of service my email has been ignored. Chiltern Oak say they do not have ‘reviews’ on their Facebook page but there were comments from people who were happy with their purchase so clearly just the comments about poor quality/service that are not allowed. There are many good reviews for the company but just to be aware if you do have a problem the customer service is poor as quite a number of customers have found looking at recent reviews on TrustPilot. It is now almost a week since I spoke with Chiltern Oak and I am still waiting for confirmation of a date when the item will be collected
Hi Tracy.

I'm sorry to see that again you have left another negative review for us. I appreciate that the 10-day wait for collection is frustrating, however this is in-line with our delivery lead-time and collections/replacements are effectively the same service. As you already know from our reply to your other negative reviews, your issue was dealt with less than 2 hours from the first point of contact, which seems very reasonable to me. I think the main issue here is that the item arrived damaged which seems to be the basis for your reviews. This is regrettable, but isn't something that we do deliberately and happens from time-to-time. I don't believe the service you have received thereafter has been below our usual standards, and I'm not sure what negative reviews you're referring to on Trustpilot as 96% of over 700 Trustpilot reviews are positive.

To reiterate again; we don't have reviews on our social media pages. Customer comments are permitted but there are no reviews. We don't have a CEO, so I'm unsure who you have emailed.

Kindest regards,

Chiltern Oak Furniture
Not happy . Little pot holes over white top. Only bought 3 months ago
Poor communication, noone returns calls.
I had a damaged piece of furniture turn up, not one but twice.
I would not recommend this company to any one.
The drive turned up 40 minutes early no phone call I was in the shower.
Had to wait a week for them to pick up the first damaged item
The only plus the delivery people were very friendly and helpful.
To be honest I like the furniture but having had a few items the quality control is poor at best. I received a nest of tables that was so badly damaged the leg was secured to the table with tape. Obviously this was a mistake at the warehouse and the Chiltern team quickly ordered a replacement.

I have to say the delivery teams I have had are really good and hard working.

I then ordered two wardrobes almost £1,000 and there were marks at the back and internally. There were some light scuffs at the front. Chiltern solution was to send me a small pot about 1/5 full of touch up paint. The paint sorted the front and as you can't see the back or internally it was less of an issue. But these are, for me, expensive items and I expected better.

Most recently I ordered a small sideboard. The damage on it is terrible there are massive cracks and and a dent on the oak top. Event the handles are missing!

I had raised this issue by email and voicemail and got nothing for 3 days. Then I got an email saying they would try to source a replacement. I replied with a compliant and detailed all the issues and I have heard nothing since. So I am stuck with broken sideboard and a massive cardboard box which I need to keep should I ever get a response.

The items I have are really nice and we are happy with them but quality control and after customer service is poor to say the least.
Not what I was expecting with this company. My wife ordered 3 items and 2 have issues, ranging from damage to different coloured draws. Quality control is clearly an issue. Why include a telephone number should you have issues that isn't monitored?? Terrible.
I would never shop with this company ever!!!!! Everyone should avoid at all costs!!!
I placed an order and the day came for delivery and luckily the delivery men were running an hour early. When I started unpacking the product I found masses of damage I rung the company to ask for the delivery men to come back and collect it, which fortunately they did begrudgingly. I was then told a replacement will be sent out the following week, I had to chase to found a rough tome to then find out a replacement hasn’t been ordered. 30mins later i receive a call to say they can do it. I asked for it to be checked over properly before it got here. I have again received a call day before delivery to be told the table isn’t in good enough condition I asked for it to be swapped and they have resold the damaged one. I now have to wait up to 5days for a refund.
They don’t care about the stress they’ve caused, they don’t respond to emails. The table I ordered had 5lots I’d damage on it with chuncks of wood out of it. How they can resell that I have no idea. I would avoid at all costs.
Hi Emma. I'm very sorry to see that you've left us the lowest possible feedback, although I do of course understand the reasons why. Unfortunately when quality checking the second delivery the item was found to have much the same issues as the first and wasn't something you'd have been prepared to accept or we'd have expected you to accept. Your refund was processed instantaneously on 21st but unfortunately refunds for credit and debit card payments can take 3-5 working days to reach your account. This isn't a time-frame that we're in control of. I should also just clarify that damaged items are not sold on to paying customer, we have a relationship with a local clearance furniture outlet that accepts our damaged furniture and this will have been what my colleague was referring to. Kind regards, Alex, Chiltern Oak Furniture.
Purchased a bed from these people on 21st December - it had a 5 day delivery timeframe. They contacted me to say the bed would be delivered on 14th January.
They called on 13th January to say that the bed has been discontinued and they have none in stock. They have offered a refund however this is unacceptable and I have now been without a bed for 3 weeks. Do not use them.
I am very please with the items I purchased Display Cabinet, Coffee Table, Nest of Tables and TV corner Unit I then ordered the Lamp Table the draws are very handy to keep everything tidy
Ordered a wardrobe which stated it was in stock on the website. Ordered over the phone and paid for it. Got an email two days later saying it was out of stock and would be between six and ten weeks before delivery. So not only was the website wrong, the person that took the order and payment didn’t know it was out of stock. This was really annoying and the two day wait to be informed was ridiculous. Aside from offering apologies and a date, no other offers to compensate me for the inconvenience or replacement was made. I’ve ordered from this company before and was impressed with the product and delivery so thought they would be a safe bet, I was wrong and will avoid using them in the future. Still waiting on a refund.
I'm presuming most of these 5 star reviews are fake as we have received 1 star service! What we have not received is our furniture.
Several delays, each time with a different excuse although more often than not us having to chase them. Yet to receive an apology, resolution, compensation or even a hint that any of their staff care at all!
Delivered to wrong place , rang them said if I wanted it delivering to my home i would have to wait another 2 days or i could collect it myself no offer of compensation wasn't really bothered wasn't impressed with the customer service
I recently received a replacement mirror for the one I purchased previously which was faulty. Happily the new mirror works perfectly and looks very nice on my dressing table.
Hi Sherise. I'm very sorry to hear that there may be an issue with the item you've received. We have however had no correspondance from you to let us know that the item is damaged. We wouldn't expect you to keep a damaged / substandard product and are more than happy to collect and replace the item, so I'll arrange for a member of our team to contact you shortly to discuss the next steps. Kind regards, Chiltern Oak Furniture.
Chiltern Oak Furniture is rated 4.76 based on 2,242 reviews