Chiltern Oak Furniture Reviews

Chiltern Oak Furniture 5 star review on 10th July 2020
Chiltern Oak Furniture 5 star review on 2nd July 2020
Abi W
More Photos & Videos
So me and the missus ordered the Hampshire Tv stand and it came with no issues or faults. So the following week we ordered the Hampshire Nest of Tables. After waiting a few days and not receiving the unit I decided to ring customer service. Two days to get through to someone who could actually help and answer my question where my purchased item is. They accidentally didn’t put my order through even though it had been paid for. So I waited a full week to revive the item and unpacked it only for it being damaged. They haven’t bothered to even assemble it correctly. So one week I waited to receive a damaged unit and again what a surprise no answer when you call customer service. See photos attached
Hi Kevin,

I'm really sorry to hear that there have been some difficulties with your follow-up order. From the images you've proved this looks like a clear case of transit damage, and something we can sort out for you promptly. I'm sorry that you've been unable to get through on the phone, the phone lines are incredibly busy at the moment, but if you're able to follow this up with an email too that would be very helpful.

Kind regards,

Chiltern Oak Furniture.
Purchased a bed from these people on 21st December - it had a 5 day delivery timeframe. They contacted me to say the bed would be delivered on 14th January.
They called on 13th January to say that the bed has been discontinued and they have none in stock. They have offered a refund however this is unacceptable and I have now been without a bed for 3 weeks. Do not use them.
Terrrible service ordered online they took my payment for the bed. Called arranged a delivery date. Then on that date called me and said the delivery driver has not put my order on the lorry and I will have to wait another week. Explained my house is upside down as I have emptied the bedroom ready for the new bed I need it ASAP next week is not good enough. Lady who spoke to on the phone said I will call u back and let u know. Had no call back that day left them two voicemails. Next day mid day I had to call them back myself for them to tell me they dnt even have the bed in stock and I would have to wait even longer till next stock arrived !!! So beware they may say they have the item in stock take your money to later tell u they dnt have it in stock and you could be waiting weeks if not months !! Never using these again.
Hello there. I'm really sorry to hear that you've had a disappointing experience with us. It's certainly not up to our usual standards and we'll be making some internal changes to ensure better communication between departments so that this sort of issue doesn't happen again. Unfortunately this was a Clearance item and we didn't have the stock in the Warehouse that our systems suggested we did. This wasn't communicated properly to the relevant people and as a result delivery was still attempted, for this I must apologise as this was a waste of your time. I cannot account for the subsequent unfulfilled promises regarding phone calls, other than to say that it's been an extremely busy period for us as a result of our Black Friday Sale and I can only assume that some human error has occurred. I'm sure we could have arranged for a similar alternative to be delivered to you swiftly however I can see that the order has been cancelled and refunded. I'm very sorry for any inconvenience caused. Kind regards, Chiltern Oak Furniture.
Ordered the rutland 4’6” oak bed all ok. We were given a date and time for delivery, only to receive an e-mail 15 minutes before time slot to end 17.15pm that the bed was not been delivered due to no stock, availability due about approximately 6 weeks later how on earth this order was not picked up on the morning is disgusting we would not recommend this company to anyone
Not what I was expecting with this company. My wife ordered 3 items and 2 have issues, ranging from damage to different coloured draws. Quality control is clearly an issue. Why include a telephone number should you have issues that isn't monitored?? Terrible.
My grey wine cabinet is fab and arrived really well packed and delivery was good and on time next day delivery. Really pleased with this piece of furniture and would not hesitate to order again.
Chiltern Oak Furniture 5 star review on 2nd May 2018
Thank you for the fantastic review! We hope you decide to shop with us again! :)
Sideboard purchased was damaged had to be returned that same day. Now out of stock delivery not until 29th Dec. Very very disappointed
Hello there. I'm sorry to see that you've left us the lowest possible feedback. It's never our intention to send damaged goods to a customer - occasionally issues can occur in transit and we'll always do our best to rectify them as quickly as possible. If the item is subsequently out-of-stock when a re-order is raised unfortunately there's not a great deal we can do other than to offer you a full refund or deliver the item as quickly as possible thereafter. I sincerely hope you're happy with the unit when it does arrive. Kind regards, Chiltern Oak Furniture.
Very nice furniture but utterly chaotic customer service. How on earth can a delivery van be sent out without our furniture twice? If you were about to drive half way across the country wouldn't you check if the van was empty, especially having not had the sideboard on the van first time? Huge waste of time and everyone blaming each other. If there had been a 0 stars option I would have selected it.
Hello there, I'm sorry to see that you've left us negative feedback and had a disappointing experience with us. I can advise that the missing item on your order was in fact due to arrive to us from our Supplier before your agreed delivery date, unfortunately there was a delay on the arrival time of your item and our supplier had not informed us of this, I apologise that we were unable to notify you of this delay.

However, I can advise your item is due to arrive with us this week and we will be looking to deliver your item this Friday for you - our customer services department will contact you this week to schedule a delivery timeslot. I apologise for the inconvenience caused on your order, I sincerely hope that this has not put you off ordering from us in the future.

Kind regards,
Chiltern Oak Furniture
Don’t bother buying from this company. Completely incompetent to deal with, they give dates for delivery which they know they can’t fulfil. Avoid.
It looks nice, but the quality isn't great. The catches on the inside weren't lined up (therefore looked wonky) and were so tight you had to tug to open the doors which caused the whole sideboard to move (I have unscrewed and removed these and will eventually replace with magnets. Lastly, one of the doors hasn't been fitted properly so sits at an angle leaving a slanted gap at the top. I have no idea how to correct this.
I would never shop with this company ever!!!!! Everyone should avoid at all costs!!!
I placed an order and the day came for delivery and luckily the delivery men were running an hour early. When I started unpacking the product I found masses of damage I rung the company to ask for the delivery men to come back and collect it, which fortunately they did begrudgingly. I was then told a replacement will be sent out the following week, I had to chase to found a rough tome to then find out a replacement hasn’t been ordered. 30mins later i receive a call to say they can do it. I asked for it to be checked over properly before it got here. I have again received a call day before delivery to be told the table isn’t in good enough condition I asked for it to be swapped and they have resold the damaged one. I now have to wait up to 5days for a refund.
They don’t care about the stress they’ve caused, they don’t respond to emails. The table I ordered had 5lots I’d damage on it with chuncks of wood out of it. How they can resell that I have no idea. I would avoid at all costs.
Hi Emma. I'm very sorry to see that you've left us the lowest possible feedback, although I do of course understand the reasons why. Unfortunately when quality checking the second delivery the item was found to have much the same issues as the first and wasn't something you'd have been prepared to accept or we'd have expected you to accept. Your refund was processed instantaneously on 21st but unfortunately refunds for credit and debit card payments can take 3-5 working days to reach your account. This isn't a time-frame that we're in control of. I should also just clarify that damaged items are not sold on to paying customer, we have a relationship with a local clearance furniture outlet that accepts our damaged furniture and this will have been what my colleague was referring to. Kind regards, Alex, Chiltern Oak Furniture.
Ordered a wardrobe which stated it was in stock on the website. Ordered over the phone and paid for it. Got an email two days later saying it was out of stock and would be between six and ten weeks before delivery. So not only was the website wrong, the person that took the order and payment didn’t know it was out of stock. This was really annoying and the two day wait to be informed was ridiculous. Aside from offering apologies and a date, no other offers to compensate me for the inconvenience or replacement was made. I’ve ordered from this company before and was impressed with the product and delivery so thought they would be a safe bet, I was wrong and will avoid using them in the future. Still waiting on a refund.
Reasonable price and quality but after sales contact and delivery period let you down
Love my living room furniture! Cannot wait to get the nest of tables too. Brilliant service and delivery and product !
Chiltern Oak Furniture 5 star review on 22nd December 2016
Looks great Abby! Thanks for the kind words, we look forward to hearing from you soon. :)
Really pleased with the small Rutland table. It looks great in my hallway. The quality is really good and you couldn’t fault their customer service. Ordered in the morning arrived the following afternoon.
I've purchased several items of furniture from Chiltern Oak over the last few years and have always been delighted with the service and the quality of their products. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.
Ordered the XL Hampshire Blue TV stand. Delivered perfectly packaged to door. Looks wonderful and is the perfect base for a new 65ins LCD TV.
Highly recommended and very good quality.
Had Malvern Shaker Oak tv unit and matching nest of tables delivered yesterday. Really pleased with them. Both well packed. Easy to order, delivered on time and great price.
Chiltern Oak Furniture 5 star review on 10th July 2020 Chiltern Oak Furniture 5 star review on 10th July 2020
I ordered the Bergen Oak Small Cupboard which was delivered on my chosen date. The cupboard is a lovely little thing and fitted well where I needed it to go, unfortunately the wood was split on top so would be visible. I contract the customer service desk by email, I was expecting a 48 hrs response due to the current situation but no the same day, they provided their solutions which I have opted for an exchange. The service was brilliant and fast I cannot fault them at all. Due to the quality of the cupboard and the service, I have now ordered the matching TV cabinet. keep up the good work guys
We bought a corner TV stand. It was lovely, nice wood and the finish was done well
great size and colour!
The only reason it has not been give 5 stars is because the box was heavily damaged on arrival and secondly there is 1 pull out draw on the stand which is really hard to open and close. It's made it very difficult to use the draw.
Chiltern Oak Furniture is rated 4.77 based on 2,253 reviews