Chiltern Oak Furniture Reviews

Chiltern Oak Furniture 5 star review on 4th September 2021
Suzanne F
Chiltern Oak Furniture 5 star review on 29th August 2021
Madeleine M
So me and the missus ordered the Hampshire Tv stand and it came with no issues or faults. So the following week we ordered the Hampshire Nest of Tables. After waiting a few days and not receiving the unit I decided to ring customer service. Two days to get through to someone who could actually help and answer my question where my purchased item is. They accidentally didn’t put my order through even though it had been paid for. So I waited a full week to revive the item and unpacked it only for it being damaged. They haven’t bothered to even assemble it correctly. So one week I waited to receive a damaged unit and again what a surprise no answer when you call customer service. See photos attached
Hi Kevin, I'm really sorry to hear that there have been some difficulties with your follow-up order. From the images you've proved this looks like a clear case of transit damage, and something we can sort out for you promptly. I'm sorry that you've been unable to get through on the phone, the phone lines are incredibly busy at the moment, but if you're able to follow this up with an email too that would be very helpful. Kind regards, Chiltern Oak Furniture.
Purchased a bed from these people on 21st December - it had a 5 day delivery timeframe. They contacted me to say the bed would be delivered on 14th January. They called on 13th January to say that the bed has been discontinued and they have none in stock. They have offered a refund however this is unacceptable and I have now been without a bed for 3 weeks. Do not use them.
Terrrible service ordered online they took my payment for the bed. Called arranged a delivery date. Then on that date called me and said the delivery driver has not put my order on the lorry and I will have to wait another week. Explained my house is upside down as I have emptied the bedroom ready for the new bed I need it ASAP next week is not good enough. Lady who spoke to on the phone said I will call u back and let u know. Had no call back that day left them two voicemails. Next day mid day I had to call them back myself for them to tell me they dnt even have the bed in stock and I would have to wait even longer till next stock arrived !!! So beware they may say they have the item in stock take your money to later tell u they dnt have it in stock and you could be waiting weeks if not months !! Never using these again.
Hello there. I'm really sorry to hear that you've had a disappointing experience with us. It's certainly not up to our usual standards and we'll be making some internal changes to ensure better communication between departments so that this sort of issue doesn't happen again. Unfortunately this was a Clearance item and we didn't have the stock in the Warehouse that our systems suggested we did. This wasn't communicated properly to the relevant people and as a result delivery was still attempted, for this I must apologise as this was a waste of your time. I cannot account for the subsequent unfulfilled promises regarding phone calls, other than to say that it's been an extremely busy period for us as a result of our Black Friday Sale and I can only assume that some human error has occurred. I'm sure we could have arranged for a similar alternative to be delivered to you swiftly however I can see that the order has been cancelled and refunded. I'm very sorry for any inconvenience caused. Kind regards, Chiltern Oak Furniture.
Hi We are expecting a delivery on Wednesday,would your drivers be able to put our heavy items down in our home if I stand outside and have no contact with them please
I ordered a 5drawer chest on 8thJanuary which was delivered on the 12th.On opening the chest was the wrong colour. On checking the packaging it was clearly marked cream and not grey as ordered. Pickup was arranged (two different vans arrived) and a replacement sent. The replacement was sent but in a disgraceful condition. It had obviously been dropped as the joints were all showing. In addition some of the packaging was missing and much of the rest just thrown in the box. I believe this was probably a previous returned item. Although the staff at Chiltern were polite i believe someone in authority should have had the decency to contact me. I am still waiting for the second item to be collected and for my full refund.
Don’t bother buying from this company. Completely incompetent to deal with, they give dates for delivery which they know they can’t fulfil. Avoid.
Ordered the rutland 4’6” oak bed all ok. We were given a date and time for delivery, only to receive an e-mail 15 minutes before time slot to end 17.15pm that the bed was not been delivered due to no stock, availability due about approximately 6 weeks later how on earth this order was not picked up on the morning is disgusting we would not recommend this company to anyone
It looks nice, but the quality isn't great. The catches on the inside weren't lined up (therefore looked wonky) and were so tight you had to tug to open the doors which caused the whole sideboard to move (I have unscrewed and removed these and will eventually replace with magnets. Lastly, one of the doors hasn't been fitted properly so sits at an angle leaving a slanted gap at the top. I have no idea how to correct this.
Not what I was expecting with this company. My wife ordered 3 items and 2 have issues, ranging from damage to different coloured draws. Quality control is clearly an issue. Why include a telephone number should you have issues that isn't monitored?? Terrible.
My grey wine cabinet is fab and arrived really well packed and delivery was good and on time next day delivery. Really pleased with this piece of furniture and would not hesitate to order again.
Chiltern Oak Furniture 5 star review on 2nd May 2018
Thank you for the fantastic review! We hope you decide to shop with us again! :)
Sideboard purchased was damaged had to be returned that same day. Now out of stock delivery not until 29th Dec. Very very disappointed
Hello there. I'm sorry to see that you've left us the lowest possible feedback. It's never our intention to send damaged goods to a customer - occasionally issues can occur in transit and we'll always do our best to rectify them as quickly as possible. If the item is subsequently out-of-stock when a re-order is raised unfortunately there's not a great deal we can do other than to offer you a full refund or deliver the item as quickly as possible thereafter. I sincerely hope you're happy with the unit when it does arrive. Kind regards, Chiltern Oak Furniture.
Very nice furniture but utterly chaotic customer service. How on earth can a delivery van be sent out without our furniture twice? If you were about to drive half way across the country wouldn't you check if the van was empty, especially having not had the sideboard on the van first time? Huge waste of time and everyone blaming each other. If there had been a 0 stars option I would have selected it.
Hello there, I'm sorry to see that you've left us negative feedback and had a disappointing experience with us. I can advise that the missing item on your order was in fact due to arrive to us from our Supplier before your agreed delivery date, unfortunately there was a delay on the arrival time of your item and our supplier had not informed us of this, I apologise that we were unable to notify you of this delay. However, I can advise your item is due to arrive with us this week and we will be looking to deliver your item this Friday for you - our customer services department will contact you this week to schedule a delivery timeslot. I apologise for the inconvenience caused on your order, I sincerely hope that this has not put you off ordering from us in the future. Kind regards, Chiltern Oak Furniture
QUALITY OF WOOD AND NESTED TABLES SUCK AND CUSTOMER SERVICES IS USELESS TABLES FALL TO BITS AND REVEAL MDF! VENEERS POOR POOR POOR QUALITY! CUSTOMER SERVICES DONT CARE IF FALLING TO BITS AND WILL NOT OFFER REFUND OR REPAIR!
Hampshire small white TV unit. Quickest delivery, but this isn’t quite the quality I was expecting. The shelves are thin - possibly mdf - front by a wooden batten; the cupboard door is framed in wood but has the thinnest central panel; the end panels ditto. Front right hand leg was split because the lamination had failed when the plastic foot was inserted. The paint quality is OK at the front, but the side panels are in some plastic shiny white finish that is really cheap looking. This is not the quality that is advertised.
I was incredibly disappointed as I ordered from you as the item I wanted said no assembly needed yet when it arrived I had to put it together. I could have got a cheaper table from another retailer if I wanted to put it together.
Excellent service from online ordering to delivery! Ordered Chester Stone Grey Dresser and Bedside Drawers! Arrived when said, polite driver! Good quality furniture for price paid, many thanks!
Chiltern Oak Furniture 5 star review on 26th February 2021
Most of the furniture arrived damage,I phoned and was told to email . . I sent an email to you but nearly 24hours later no reply. Also I did inform the delivery people to knock the door before unloading . .yes he knock the door with a box already . .we needed to direct the delivery person to the rear of the property. As we ordered a extra large tv stand you would have thought there would have been 2 people delivering the goods, lucky my husband was home as all the delivery guy could say was I can’t carry it myself . .what would have happened if he was not at home?..?
Chest of drawers was badly made with bad fitting draws - had to cut open the packaging to unpack chest so do not have the packaging anymore and cant return. Due to this fact I have consigned the chest of drawers to the spare bedroom for storage so drawers arnt used too much as they are difficult to open and have a habit of not shutting correctly, ie do not line up with the draws above without a lot of mucking about. Have not complained about this just put it down to experience and will not order again. In my opinion Chilterns website comes across that the furniture is good quality UK made furniture, in fact it is cheaply made furniture from Vietnam - suggest you pay a bit extra elsewhere and hopefully you will get better quality
I saw the dimensions but the more I looked at it the smaller it got. It said large bedside table but it's very small. It looks OK but I was disappointed when I saw it came from Vietnam and not Britain. I like to buy British especially at this moment in time. I wouldn't purchase again for that reason.
Don't even bother looking elsewhere!!! As for quality, customer service and the promised delivery before Christmas, Chiltern Oak Furniture has made my wife very happy indeed. Olivia and Emily Poppy went above and beyond at customer service. Keep up the good work and thanks again.
Chiltern Oak Furniture is rated 4.71 based on 2,745 reviews