Chiltern Oak Furniture Reviews

Chiltern Oak Furniture 5 star review on 4th September 2021
Suzanne F
Chiltern Oak Furniture 5 star review on 29th August 2021
Madeleine M
They have lovely furniture and we are happy with our order. However, at the first delivery, unfortunately, one of the chairs was damaged. We were able to arrange a prompt exchange, although they could only swap out two chairs at the time so I repacked the damaged one and an undamaged one. The new chairs arrived on time, however, upon unpacking I spotted very small faults on both. We will settle with what we have now, but perhaps with the amount of money paid, very close attention should be paid to quality assurance.
Hello. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Whilst I'm pleased to hear that, overall, you are happy with your order, I'm disappointed that your replacement chairs arrived with slight faults. I do apologise that they arrived in this way. As you have left your review anonymously, I am unable to check on our system if you have contacted our customer service team in relation to this. If you would like to get in touch with us please do contact us on sales@chilternoakfurniture.co.uk. One of our team will be happy to help. Kind regards, Chiltern Oak Furniture.
Everything excellent accept customer service after delivery! Problems with one product and trying to get a response is hard work still not had an outcome despite several emails
Hi Anthony. I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with our customer service. We have responded as quickly as we can, an initial response was given 3 hours after the first point of contact offering a resolution, and following your acceptance of that resolution we've responded again in 8 working hours. Ideally we'd be able to respond to everybody immediately but call and email volumes dictate this can't always be the case. Hopefully this hasn't put you off shopping with us again in the future. Kind regards, Chiltern Oak Furniture.
Lovely product, and friendly staff, but it was very difficult to get advance delivery information and the unit has arrived without door handles, which I have been informed will take approximately a week to be sent out in the post.
Already have the M&S Padstow range and the NEXT Malvern range. Chiltern Oak Salisbury range which I bought for the conservatory is very light and flimsy. Although cheaper than M&S and NEXT (not by much) the quality and build are VASTLY inferior. Did not bother returning the units (who does that!) because they won't be used often and M&S was out of stock anyway.
Drawers a poor fit and a different colour but I wanted a compact bedside cabinet and as it’s not on show I decided to keep it. Cheaper, better quality similar products on sale in local shopping centres I’ve realised. Colour overall as shown.
Package lovely, looks lovely, but very cheaply made would not buy again.
Quite disappointed on the size of furniture, looks good but not really worth what I paid for them.
Communication poor. Bottom cupboard door not closing properly due to magnet skewed. Otherwise okay.
Unimpressed overall. Display cabinets , tv cabinet and nestle of tables for over a £1000. Was made in Vietnam. Not seen this on the website and there was a presumption it was made in the UK. However this doesn’t matter as much as the fact the quality of the product is ok at best. On some of the shelves in the cabinet the nail to fix them to the backboard is coming out. Nestle of tables - the small one is wobbly and uneven. Delivery also was not done with masks although I appreciate it is tricky with carrying heavy objects.
I received an email 8 days ago saying that my order would arrive some time this week and that i would receive a text 48 hours before delivery and instructions of what I MUST do on receiving it. So far - so good. This morning just as I am at the local shops I get a phone call telling me that they are outside my house!!! No text, no email, no phone call. Compare this to the company that delivered a mattress to me last week who text me several times to keep me updated and I would say that your delivery service is abismal. I phoned to complain this morning but so far no apology except from the lady I spoke on the phone who sounded as though this was not the first time this had happened. Fortunately, i had left the porch door unlocked so they we're able to deliver and although not fully unpacked from what I can see the table and chairs are of high quality and beautiful. Please over haul your delivery service which is very very poor and letting your company down.
Communication on delivery poor. Tracking not available for my order. Delivery outside of the time slot advised. Display cabinet good quality but had a small problem. The magnet to hold the bottom left hand cabinet door closed was not put on square and so was failing to do its job. A pity as without the above I would have rated it at 5 stars.
Disappointed with the quality and craftsmanship. The two top drawers do not fit well and there is a mark on one of the other drawers. I can add photo. The internal drawer measurements are smaller than expected. The colour is good though!
Hampshire small white TV unit. Quickest delivery, but this isn’t quite the quality I was expecting. The shelves are thin - possibly mdf - front by a wooden batten; the cupboard door is framed in wood but has the thinnest central panel; the end panels ditto. Front right hand leg was split because the lamination had failed when the plastic foot was inserted. The paint quality is OK at the front, but the side panels are in some plastic shiny white finish that is really cheap looking. This is not the quality that is advertised.
I bought a green painted bedside cabinet. I liked the appearance and the wooden top is well made. Less attractive are the plastic runners for the drawers and the apparent inability to take the out completely. I also found that I couldn't close the drawers easily, and rang the company to ask whether there was an adjustment that could be made. The girl who answered did not know and promised to get to get back to me after finding out. She never did which is both poor customer service and could mean there is no adjustment. Perhaps they will become easier in time as the problem is not so great as to warrant a return. However, it does not encourage me to buy from them again.
We felt the units were overpriced and th leg on one was split. The appearance is good and the oak tops are lovely but the finish leaves a lot to be desired.
Got the large TV unit delivered, nice looking peice for the price but there was a few scratches in the paint and the doors are quite badly fitted.
Delivery very fast,doesn’t hold as many books as we had hoped.
Product was fine but packaging was questionable - notably the plastic covering was screwed down, so that I was unable to tear off the plastic covering. The advice I received from the sales team was to loosen the screws. Great if you have the tools and the suitable strength to do so.
I saw the dimensions but the more I looked at it the smaller it got. It said large bedside table but it's very small. It looks OK but I was disappointed when I saw it came from Vietnam and not Britain. I like to buy British especially at this moment in time. I wouldn't purchase again for that reason.
Chiltern Oak Furniture is rated 4.71 based on 2,739 reviews