Chiltern Oak Furniture Reviews

Own Driver, Courier
Read Chiltern Oak Furniture Reviews

sales@chilternoakfurniture.co.uk

Tell us how Chiltern Oak Furniture made you happy
I received an email 8 days ago saying that my order would arrive some time this week and that i would receive a text 48 hours before delivery and instructions of what I MUST do on receiving it. So far - so good. This morning just as I am at the local shops I get a phone call telling me that they are outside my house!!! No text, no email, no phone call. Compare this to the company that delivered a mattress to me last week who text me several times to keep me updated and I would say that your delivery service is abismal. I phoned to complain this morning but so far no apology except from the lady I spoke on the phone who sounded as though this was not the first time this had happened. Fortunately, i had left the porch door unlocked so they we're able to deliver and although not fully unpacked from what I can see the table and chairs are of high quality and beautiful. Please over haul your delivery service which is very very poor and letting your company down.
Communication on delivery poor. Tracking not available for my order. Delivery outside of the time slot advised. Display cabinet good quality but had a small problem. The magnet to hold the bottom left hand cabinet door closed was not put on square and so was failing to do its job. A pity as without the above I would have rated it at 5 stars.
Disappointed with the quality and craftsmanship. The two top drawers do not fit well and there is a mark on one of the other drawers. I can add photo. The internal drawer measurements are smaller than expected. The colour is good though!
Hampshire small white TV unit. Quickest delivery, but this isn’t quite the quality I was expecting. The shelves are thin - possibly mdf - front by a wooden batten; the cupboard door is framed in wood but has the thinnest central panel; the end panels ditto. Front right hand leg was split because the lamination had failed when the plastic foot was inserted. The paint quality is OK at the front, but the side panels are in some plastic shiny white finish that is really cheap looking. This is not the quality that is advertised.
I bought a green painted bedside cabinet. I liked the appearance and the wooden top is well made. Less attractive are the plastic runners for the drawers and the apparent inability to take the out completely. I also found that I couldn't close the drawers easily, and rang the company to ask whether there was an adjustment that could be made. The girl who answered did not know and promised to get to get back to me after finding out. She never did which is both poor customer service and could mean there is no adjustment. Perhaps they will become easier in time as the problem is not so great as to warrant a return. However, it does not encourage me to buy from them again.
We felt the units were overpriced and th leg on one was split. The appearance is good and the oak tops are lovely but the finish leaves a lot to be desired.
Got the large TV unit delivered, nice looking peice for the price but there was a few scratches in the paint and the doors are quite badly fitted.
Delivery very fast,doesn’t hold as many books as we had hoped.
Product was fine but packaging was questionable - notably the plastic covering was screwed down, so that I was unable to tear off the plastic covering. The advice I received from the sales team was to loosen the screws. Great if you have the tools and the suitable strength to do so.
I saw the dimensions but the more I looked at it the smaller it got. It said large bedside table but it's very small. It looks OK but I was disappointed when I saw it came from Vietnam and not Britain. I like to buy British especially at this moment in time. I wouldn't purchase again for that reason.
Very good quality, finish AND VALUE FOR MONEY of the 5 products we ordered, prompt service & delivery and also on exchange we requested as we'd measured incorrectly. Would recommend highly.
Drawer fitting poor no runners
Good product, however company promise next day delivery and it actually took 2 weeks as they only do certain post codes on certain days!
Hello there. I've just had a look at your order and the item you ordered is not eligible for, or advertised as having next day delivery. We do have products that qualify for this service and these would be sent out on the next day service, however the item you ordered is too big to be sent with a next day courier. Kind regards, Chiltern Oak Furniture.
Having been very badly let down previously by another company (now in receivership.....not surprised) we were so happy to find Chiltern, who could supply a very similar product to the one we had originally been waiting for. Our delivery arrived as promised to our home, near to Bridgend, South Wales on Tuesday 4th February. We are very pleased with the quality of the product and polite and efficient service....that particularly goes to both the young men, one with Czech nationality and the other Rumanian, who brought the furniture into the house, helped us unpack, check and dispose of the packaging. They could not have been more helpful. I would like you to pass on our thanks to them.
Good delivery but the finish of the unit isn't as good as expected, not sure it's built to last.
Unfortunately the mirror I ordered was meant to be an Ivory colour but the one that I received was a greyish colour
I bought the Chester White corner tv table and I cannot fault the service, delivery or quality of the product. I am however having to send it back as on the website the pictures show this collection to be a brilliant/bright white which is what I needed to match the other furniture I have in the room. When it arrived it was a creamy white so is very much at odds with the rest of the room. I am gutted as I really like the look of the collection but the pictures do not represent the real colour of the white.
Reasonable price and quality but after sales contact and delivery period let you down
5 stars for the product, which is great quality, but I dropped my rating due to the completely bizarre delivery setup. They offer free delivery - fantastic - however, you do not select a delivery date when ordering, you have to wait for an email to come through that gives you a possible 3 dates of delivery. However, you don’t get a choice of these delivery dates, they call you up on the Friday before the Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday potential delivery to tell you when they’ll deliver. I was told delivery would be between 3 and 5 on the Wednesday and was this ok. When I asked if delivery could be made on the Tuesday I was told that everything had been finalised (so why ask if this slot is ok?!) and if I wasn’t able to be there they could leave my cabinet with a neighbour or in a ‘safe place’ - both completely ridiculous suggestions for a piece of furniture. As a teacher, I cannot take days off work or work from home when deliveries are going to be made so had this not been in the summer holidays I would have been completely stuffed. So, in conclusion, I’m really happy with the product but the delivery set up needs adjusting!
Chiltern Oak Furniture is rated 4.73 based on 2,563 reviews