Chiltern Oak Furniture Reviews

Own Driver, Courier
Read Chiltern Oak Furniture Reviews

sales@chilternoakfurniture.co.uk

Tell us how Chiltern Oak Furniture made you happy
Dissappointed to find made in Far East and quite flimsy parts, not as solid as pics suggested
When I bought the Hampshire oak hanging wardrobe, I looked at the amount of assembly. It stated ‘requires some assembly’ which is totally untrue, as it required total assembly. Though not terrible to put together, I would never have bought it having known this. As far as I’m concerned this would not suit many customers who like me didn’t want to have to find someone to assemble it for me.
I was incredibly disappointed as I ordered from you as the item I wanted said no assembly needed yet when it arrived I had to put it together. I could have got a cheaper table from another retailer if I wanted to put it together.
TV unit we ordered is lovely but the delivery service is abysmal
Product had deep scratch on surface. Have contacted complaints but still no response.
Hello there. I'm sorry to hear that your item has arrived damaged. We would never expect you to keep a defective item, however I can't see any correspondence from your email address in our Customer Services inbox. If you'd like to make contact with us via this method we will get back to you as soon as we can. Kind regards, Chiltern Oak Furniture.
Chest of drawers was badly made with bad fitting draws - had to cut open the packaging to unpack chest so do not have the packaging anymore and cant return. Due to this fact I have consigned the chest of drawers to the spare bedroom for storage so drawers arnt used too much as they are difficult to open and have a habit of not shutting correctly, ie do not line up with the draws above without a lot of mucking about. Have not complained about this just put it down to experience and will not order again. In my opinion Chilterns website comes across that the furniture is good quality UK made furniture, in fact it is cheaply made furniture from Vietnam - suggest you pay a bit extra elsewhere and hopefully you will get better quality
Was very pleased with the delivery of 2 over 3 chest of drawers My daughter and granddaughters arrived on the 23rd of December for a long stay which was the reason for the purchase Imagine my disappointment when on the second day of use after Christmas the handle of the bottom draw broke off while opening The second handle on same draw snapped off the following 2nd day Even though the draw was left partly open because of the now first broken handle I know that I haven't been in contact with you prior to this Due to a hectic time with two young grandchildren look after
We are very disappointed with our Valentino Sideboard. Unfortunately, due to delays in the completion of our house build, we were unable to open the shipment of this unit until outside the 14 Day returns period. When we did open it on 23 December we found that, despite the best efforts of a skilled kitche fitter, some doors are misaligned and will not close properly. The bottom drawer will not close fully. I have attached photos.
Hi Richard. I'm sorry to hear that there are some issues with the product you've received. Although I can see your order on our system, I am unable to see any correspondence with Customer Services regarding this matter. Given the circumstances regarding the opening of the product, if the packaging has been retained I would be happy to discuss collection and either replacement or refund depending on your preference. Kind regards, Chiltern Oak Furniture.
Bought malvern sideboard, and nest of tables, delivery excellent and all made up. However, I find it difficult to open drawers as sideboard so light it comes awAy from wall when door sticks. Not the best quality but looks good.
The first blanket box was delivered quickly but the hinge mechanism had damaged the lid. It was replaced quickly, but within two days and opening the box twice, the lid was damaged by the mechanism... or maybe the mechanism is too heavy for the box. However, no response to emails or a phone call.
Hello there. Apologies for the delayed response, we're currently experiencing a high volume of calls and emails. I'll give the guys in Customer Services the heads up and ask them to get back to you. Kind regards, Chiltern Oak Furniture.
I have just bought a chest of drawers and two bedside tables from Chiltern, the furniture is excellent and the service and delivery first class, no complaints. My bad review is because of the packaging, I finished with two large refuse-bin sized bags packed with plastic waste all of which will have to go into landfill, hardly anything other than the outer cardboard box could be re-cycled. The same week I received furniture I had ordered from Ikea, it was beautifully and safely packed and every scrap of packaging was card and could be re-cycled so it can easily be done, it just needs companies to wake up and realise the part they are playing filling land fill sites with plastic, and adding to the pollution which is slowly destroying our planet.
Hi Janice. Really pleased to see that you're happy with the furniture, but obviously disappointed that you're unhappy with the packaging. We take our environmental responsibilities very seriously. Our packaging is 98% recyclable, including the expanded polystyrene used to protect the product and all of the external packaging which you have alluded to. The only part of the packaging which isn't recyclable is a very thin film wrapped around the item, and the sellotape used on the box. Kind regards, Chiltern Oak Furniture.
It looks nice, but the quality isn't great. The catches on the inside weren't lined up (therefore looked wonky) and were so tight you had to tug to open the doors which caused the whole sideboard to move (I have unscrewed and removed these and will eventually replace with magnets. Lastly, one of the doors hasn't been fitted properly so sits at an angle leaving a slanted gap at the top. I have no idea how to correct this.
"Chiltern Oak furniture" was hoping for something made in the UK, but to receive my bed then read it was made in Korea / or was it Vietnam ? ? ? , I've already advised a few friends to not buy from you for this reason, its as limp as a Dyson.
The cabinets look nice. However, the internal measurements are very tight, and standard files only drop down with difficulty. Also there is no mechanism to assist opening and closing, so the drawers are very stiff to move.
For the money paid was disappointed with the paintwork finish, looks fine from far away but when you get up close it’s very bobbly and quite marked- would expect better for the price.
The web site said that the items I wanted were in stock, and my order was taken and a delivery day given on that basis, the items were actually out of stock. I was promised an email giving me a one hour delivery slot, the email never arrived. Otherwise, ok.
Efficient service but table was wobbly so we had to put some felt on one of the legs
Hi Steven. I'm sorry to hear that the item arrived with some quality issues. If you'd have mentioned it to us I'm sure we could have collected and replaced it without issue. Hopefully you've been able to address the situation to your satisfaction and you can enjoy the product. Kind regards, Chiltern Oak Furniture.
The item I bought was described as fully assembled, however, this was not the case. The two delivery drivers were very quick to dump to the two heavy boxes and leave. This left myself, heavily pregnant, to move the boxes, and assemble the unit. Not happy at all. No consideration for my wellbeing.
The wine rack only holds 50% of the wine, most are too big to fit through the holes so we had to remove the back off the rack so we could get them in from the back. Not ideal.
Spent a lot of money on my bedroom furniture and was looking forward to enjoying today. One of the wardrobes was broken on delivery and I emailed when to expect a replacement, had no reply. Disappointing.
Hi Maria. I'm sorry to see that an item has arrived damaged. I can see that you reported the issue at 4:40pm today, 20 minutes before our office closed for the day which would explain why you haven't had a reply yet. I'm sure this is something that we can resolve for you promptly and efficiently and somebody will be in touch in the morning. Kind regards, Chiltern Oak Furniture.
Chiltern Oak Furniture is rated 4.73 based on 2,614 reviews