BP Chargemaster Reviews

+44 (0)1582 400 331

sales@bpchargemaster.com

500 Capability Green

Tell us how BP Chargemaster made you happy
My unit was fitted a month ago and it's not working. Spoken to Customer Service FOUR times and am still no further forward in resolving the problem and am charging the car using a household 3 pin socket.
This, on top of an installation date being agreed and no one turned up.
Thin before you purchase from them.I'm sorry I ever bothered with BP Chargemaster.
I rarely write bad reviews, especially when the people are so nice but I have to make an exception here due to the totally ineffective technical support and Customer Service management. If you want a charger that can schedule out of hours charging, look elsewhere.
Had a home charge unit installed on 29/01/20 for my new Mini. After 3 different installation dates it was finally installed. That went well. Setting up the system using the app was another thing. It did not go well. Now after 11 months numerous emails/phones calls. New app installed still things are not any better. All I get told is to switch off the electricity and ebook the system and wait up to 45 mins. Customer services are useless in dealing with the issue. Phoned tonight after another failure to get my car charging setup. So await yet another phone call. Don’t think so. Would not recommend then to anyone
Dismal customer experience throughout the whole process of installing:

1. Very poor at replying to any phone or email message
2. Took 3.5 months to get it installed and had to escalate a complaint to get them to get on and do it
3. Cancelled my installation date 3 times (and only bothered to tell me about one of the cancellations)
4. Took 10 days to register us to use the website/app and the communication around this was ...yes also very poor
5. Blamed Covid for everything rather than their own incompetence

On the plus side - the installation engineer was thorough and professional.

You would have thought a company like BP who make huge profits could pay more attention to their customers - apparently not...
We only had it since July.
It only works intermittently.
We cannot contact chargemaster to get them to fix it.
They ignore messages via the website and dont answer the phone.
Very disappointing.
Installed a Homecharge unit in August but unreliable from the start. Swapped for another one in September - still unreliable. After threatening to sue them for Breach of Contract they eventually sorted the installation in October but it's now November and they still can't tell me how to log into it so that it uses off-peak electricity and shows me how much electricity has been used. Terrible customer service that just answers the phone (eventually!) but has no way of speaking to anyone who can actually getting anything done. Will be suing for my money back and starting again with a company who knows what they're doing
Let me start quickly with: contacting BP by email or phone is almost impossible!

We ordered new EV from dealership and they passed our details to BP chargemaster and said they will be in touch.

BP contacted us 2 days later and asked lots of questions and said they will send me application form shortly.

Quickly off topic: We could have installed unit at home, but we would have to pay for digging up the road which would costs us £ thousands and also be inconvenience to all neighbours, so we asked if we can install it at parents house. BP response was not a problem.

I received email 2 days later with OLEV claim and application form to fill in with all numbers and pictures.

I filled in OLEV claim and sent off all pictures in application.

I received email 2 days later saying that there is problem with OLEV grant, because it's different address and unless we provide proof of address that we live there we can't claim OLEV...
But we were told it's not a problem...
Waiting on response.

1h after I filled in application, I received email saying, that they can see I filled in application but only uploaded 1 picture instead of 6...even though I uploaded more than 6...
I replied straight away and sent ALL required pictures.
1h later I received email saying , that they can't open pictures I sent and to send them in multiple emails.
I replied straight away with multiple emails with pictures.
1h later I received email saying application is almost complete just waiting on confirmation from OLEV.
I replied I would like to pay £350 because looks like we can't claim OLEV.
5 minutes later I received email with link to make payment.
Made payment right away and asked when I am going to receive phone call to book installation of unit. This was on Friday and response was, I will get phone call by latest Monday!

This was LAST email from BP. I mentioned how often I received response because after I made payment I received no response to any further emails from BP!

It's now Tuesday and I didn't get phone call by Monday so trying to call BP early. 45 minutes on hold with no answer. Trying again later, 15 minutes and someone answered...Someone will call me within couple of days, excuses because of coronavirus...
Can't make 2 minutes phone call because of coronavirus...Yeah sure
It's now Friday morning, of course no one called.
Someone answered after 7 minutes waiting, promising and assuring me 100000% that someone will call me today! Yeah...
Now Friday 9pm I sent email to BP where is my promised phone call...

Saturday 12pm still no reply...
Calling to get refund, waiting 15 minutes for someone to answer, apologising that they are soooo BUSY they can't reply to emails or phone calls and all excuses about coronavirus.

Got my money back, didn't get charger, but if you decide you want home charger I would strongly advise against BP Chargemaster!
Charge point in but no App details or contact from company!
Still as poor service as before. Had a call on Saturday at 10.00 and was told that I would be contacted WITHIN 48 hours. Needless to say no such call has been received. As regards email contact, had an automated reply and since then absolutely nothing. Still not answering the phone so can't speak to anyone to demand a refund.
This has to be the worst customer 'service' ever
After only 4 charges my device had malfunctioned and the response from customer service is very slow. I’ve been waiting for about 3 weeks and had to spend £200 on a different cable to tide me over.
I signed up online for the 3 months free and got charged 15 pound??
Chargemaster took my money last week and since then nothing. Won't answer the phone and won't respond to emails. Don't touch with a barge pole. I can't think when I have had such appalling customer 'service'
Thanks for your message and sorry if you have not managed to talk to the team. I will ensure you are called immediately. Andrew S
The installation was fine no complaints there, it’s when you come out in the morning expecting a fully charged vehicle and find the app/charger have not done what they were meant to do ie charge. This has happened twice now on approximately 15 charges. On checking the reviews going back months if not longer this issue and others have been there for a long time. Come on BP get your act together
Thank you for your message. Sorry to hear you are having problems. I will ensure we get this rectified for you. We will contact you now to arrange a visit. Andrew S
Unfortunately I can't endorse the company BP Chargemaster at all. When I booked my installation, I was contacted by BP Chargemaster asking if I was able to accept a delivery their engineer while he was at my property - I agreed to this and during the time he was here, about 10 to 15 boxes were delivered which the installer put in his van and took away with him. Subsequently, one of those boxes with my name / address on was dumped in Westminster (60 miles from where I live) rather than being properly disposed of by the engineer. Westminster Council have issues a £200 fixed penalty notice against me for fly tipping because my name and address was on the box and refused to accept my official representation that I was not at fault. I have contacted BP Chargemaster on multiple occasions, emailing their customer services manager, contacting through LinkedIn and phoning them directly and despite their assurances that this would be investigated, nothing has been done and they do not respond to me. I am now being threatened with a court summons for something which is not my fault. Don't touch them with a bargepole.
On the phone at present, 30 mins and counting. They keep asking for information for the installation ..photos, MPan no etc. Keep sending them the info then they give you an installation date...then they cancel the installation and ask for the same info again !!!!! Madness.
This company are seriously incompetent...AVOID
I require a PDF version of my receipt to progress a grant towards the final cost. Emails go unanswered. Did speak to my 'agent' on the phone, after hanging on for about 40 minutes (this is a regular event). Was promised a PDF. All to no avail. Surely to goodness a simple thing to progress?
i have worked here for a year. management are unprofessional. one says one thing, the other says another. they even told me i cant leave the building during lunch. they cant tell me what to do during my lunch. also, their chargers cost 2-3 quid to manufacture, but they sell it for 1000's. thats why they have so many recalls. they dont work properly. i would go to pod point or Anderson. there one looks better too tbh. trust me. i know how this all works.
Complete lack of customer service despite numerous emails and phone calls (spending c. 30 mins on hold each time) - nobody replies, even the lady that was ‘assigned’ to my case. So I have no idea what’s going on after all the documentation I submitted. Have sent an email this morning saying I am going with someone else now for installation - unbelievable a for a large company such as BP. I am now going to be left with a brand new EV and no way to charge it - not happy !
Disappointing service from start to finish. See attached photo re finished result. Still not had email with code to attach charge unit to phone.
BP Chargemaster 1 star review on 2nd October 2020
I wrote a review last week and in a response from BP Chargemaster Andrew S apologised and said someone would contact me with an update that day.

Surprise surprise, no one did and not only that I've just received an email from the company looking to start the initial process all over again, which is where I was 2 weeks ago and provided then all the signed docs and photos they're again asking for!
Communication is clearly an issue for this lot.

I now have an electric vehicle with no home charging unit and no information when one will be fitted.

I'm going to take this up with Renault because they obviously assume this company will provide a decent service to their customers and nothing could be further from the truth.

I also find it very interesting that the Trust Pilot review score for BP Chargemaster puts them in the AWFUL category.
Dear Kevin, thanks for your note and I am really sorry you have not heard from one of our advisors. I will investigate the lack of contact. I will also contact you directly now to update you and explain the reason for the duplication. Andrew S
BP Chargemaster is rated 4.23 based on 3,476 reviews