BP Chargemaster Reviews

+44 (0)1582 400 331

sales@bpchargemaster.com

500 Capability Green

Tell us how BP Chargemaster made you happy
Your representative Magdalena was very helpful and efficient in resolving my on going issue. Thank you
Posted 34 minutes ago
Struggling to get an install date after a month of me sending photos to them. When I call I barely get a sentence out and they keep putting the phone down! Looking at the other reviews this isn't uncommon with this company and I doubt I'll actually get a EV charger installed.
Started the installation process in September and still no date for completion. We have sent over 20 photos and estimates of required cable etc etc. I am not a surveyor this is not my job.
They never answer the phone and emails are signed by a different engineer every time.
Terrible company to deal with! Impossible to contact. The installation of the home charger was part of the deal when we purchased our Renault Zoe but three months on they still haven’t installed the charging point. We are forced to charge through Street charging units (source) which are more expensive than conventional petrol fuel.
I have contacted you and I'm still waiting
Do not use this company.

Extremely poor service when trying to arrange an installation. Was told to have an isolation switch installed in my fuse box. I queried it but was told to go ahead. When the engineer arrived, he said it was clear from the photos which I had submitted that the isolation switch was not needed. He removed it. I asked BP Chargemaster (now BP Pulse for a refund) which they agreed to on December 2 2020. It is now January 12 and no refund. The staff who you email and speak to seem to have no knowledge at all.

Worse than this is that I was given the wrong information about claiming the EST grant of £300. I have raised it with BP Pulse and unsurprisingly, no-one will reply to emails. Phone calls are ridiculous as no one picks up your call. At present, i am £350 out of pocket. I will escalate this with an external agency as a company should not treat customers like this and, having read all of these reviews, there are many of us in similar positions.
Awful customer service. Mercedes referred me to them for a home charger - After the ridiculous amount of pictures I've had to take for them, get an electrician in to put an extra switch on the fuse box, I'm now being ask for pictures of my gas and water earthing. It seems like it's any excuse to delay sending an engineer it to fit the box. Mercedes have told me to raise it to a manager at BP - I tried and was passed around the same people for 25 minutes without actually speaking with a manager!
My initial home installation would not work with my new car so I tried through their website to get an upgrade (Nov 2020). This took weeks of back and forth by email. This cost me £500 to upgrade something only 3 years old and the installation date given was the 4/1/2021 between 12 and 3 pm. They didn't turn up, I then got an email cancelling the visit. No consultation!! I was then given a new date over three weeks away 22/1/2021. Again I was not consulted if I could even be available that day.
Charger installation went smoothly and initially charger charged the car (although timed charges never worked). On 6th December I phoned BP as the charger has stopped working. They said an engineer would come out, but they then stopped communicating with me and just ignore my emails. I now have to drive to a motorway service station to charge the car and sit and wait for it to charge.
Very basic app every time ask for user name & password. What a wast of time this app. Extremely unreliable when I set the schedule not charged over night. Most of the time override option not there.
I wish I’d seen the reviews before signing agreement with BP. This app design by school kids??? Come on BP now we are in 2020.
BP Chargemaster are a complete load of c**p, avoid them like the plague, I KNOW because I have been fighting with them since JULY 2019 to get them to get their sh*t together with the following issues:
3 MONTHS (Yes you did read that right!!) to get them to fit a charging unit at my home. then having had it fitted, noted that there was no communication between the APP and my phone and the car.
I was then told that it was an issue with no O2 signal in my area, as it uses an embedded sim card for communications to/from the APP. It even continued to tell me it was charging when the car wasn't even plugged in. The app does not tell you the rate of charge or how much electricity it's used, nor does it even tell you the cost of your charge so far. In short BP Chargemaster, and the app are a bag of b******s, and i would not trust it or them as far as I can throw them.
As an update I now have a new BP Chargemaster unit allegedly with an embedded Vodafone sim card in it, but my problems have not gone away and it STILL does not work, and is as it was before the unit was swapped over.

Now lets get to the bit thats really P****g me off big time.

BP Chargemaster have basically not enough staff, and the staff that are there generally do not know what they are talking about, a case in point being the problem I am having with some idiot deciding its funny to unplug my car, as you CANNOT LOCK the cable to the unit. I was told by more than one person I managed to get through to that I would be getting a new style unit that allows you to lock the cable to the unit. This is complete and utter rubbish and totally untrue.
I also do not find it particularly funny to be on hold for at least 2-4 hours before someone picks up the phone to speak to me about the issues I have with BP Chargemaster, and even after spending a fair amount of time explaining the issue, then being transferred and having to explain all over again, I'm still no nearer to having a working APP or proper information regarding my charge.

If you were thinking of getting an electric car charging point, I would advise in the strongest possible terms to go somewhere other than BP Chargemaster.

I'm not normally one to try and seek compensation, but after a whole shedload of issues since July 2019 you would have thought they would recognise their own P*** Poor service and offer me some compensation, but not a bit of it, they don't care, and probably never will.

As an aside I hear that they are taking on a new board of directors/top management types. Let's hope they start to give a damn about customer service!!.

Please note..... I am only giving them 1 star because I am not allowed to give them a MASSIVE ZERO.
Absolutely awful customer service. We have paid 3 months ago to gave the home charging station and we are still waiting for installation. The first appointment was changed without notice and the second appointment, despite us calling them to confirm on the morning if the appointment, was a no show. We called to be told that the engineer came but didn’t ring the doorbell. The customer service person was rude and blamed us for not hearing the door bell which is outrageous! Other delivery persons managed to deliver goods this morning without issues. I would NOT recommend this service! Expensive and exceedingly unprofessional and unhelpful customer service!
I have the BP Chargemaster App I have put £10 on it over a week ago but it still doesn't show on my account. The charger that are local to me have been broken for 10 days. When I call it takes 15 minutes for you to answer the phone. I want my money back and to close my account. Do not take any money from my account for a monthly fee.
Pathetic, I have just cancelled the install. I needed second point. They first told me I wasn't eligible for the grant as I had one already. I had to refer them to the government website to prove to them I was. Then I have a Zoe, I was told that I would need a dual pole isolator as the zoe would not charge without one. Then I had to get my mains upgraded by the local carrier. I asked if there was anything else, they said no. Got this done which meant have to deal with my supplier for the dual pole switch and my carrier to upgrade my supply outside. Got all this sorted. The now decided I need pictures of the earth strapping to my gas pipes and my water. One is under the ceiling at the back and the other is under bath I have just fitted. At this point I have reached the end of my teether. I am not willing to disassemble my house to send them pictures. All I can say is I am just going to use my Podpoint this work with the Zoe and is no trouble. Absolute joke of a company
device installed ok but stopped being programmable after a while its replacement cant be programmed as well . Tried since November to get help. Nada they dont answer phones , e mail and management dont give a damm . My only recourse is the courts
Impossible to contact. Hours on phone because our"call is important "to them. Ha ,bloody ha! Then given a "Case"number. Is this for when it actually goes to court?
Terrible service, never answer emails, 45 minutes waiting for calls to be answered. Had to email them to get paperwork completed and push to even pay! No waiting for an installation date with weeks gone so far. Customer service is terrible....avoid like the plague!
I paid in full for my wall box to be installed 7 weeks ago, still no contact from bookings team (with a 3 week installation wait time). Very frustrated about lack of contact, despite having to chase numerous times. Feeling very fobbed off and customer care very, very poor. Wish I had gone elsewhere.
Given one star as you could not do a review with none! Abysmal service. Our unit has been out of action for 5 weeks and despite numerous calls and emails, nothing has happened. We are now looking to replace it with a more reliable unit from elsewhere. Buyer beware!
The pre installation process was chaotic and unprofessional.The Engineer did a reasonable job but was unable to set up the wireless connection.The after sales service ( the unit has become faulty in less than three months ) is to date non existent.
BP Chargemaster is rated 4.21 based on 3,508 reviews