BP Chargemaster Reviews

+44 (0)1582 400 331

sales@bpchargemaster.com

500 Capability Green, ,

Tell us how BP Chargemaster made you happy
Multiple phone calls asking same questions
Great service from engineer Matt. Only reason for 4 stars was the Apps and getting the right app to work off peak hours. Its a minefield for charging but early days.
Customer service was OK, I wouldn't say brilliant communication. My charger is now fitted but I have to say it feels a little wobbly when I unplug my charging cable. I feel that I have to hold onto the charger, whilst removing the cable!
The car dealer from whom I ordered the car was very helpful and processed the BP order promptly. I provided all the necessary information and photos to BP within 24 hours, but BP unnecessarily involved SSEN DNO with my application and failed to progress SSEN with their (unnecessary) review. SSEN were extremely slow and needed continued chasing to come out and review my installation to confirm my 100A fuse was 100A. The SSEN told me that my meter tails needed to be 25mm; they were and the engineer was wrong, but otherwise he was polite. BP then lost the authorisation to proceed with the install, so I had to progress it for them. BP then unnecessarily tried to block my install as I insisted on a Type B RCD - they said none was necessary. I think they were trying to sell me an unnecessary isolating switch! I demanded they provide evidence that a Type B should not be used, and they eventually backed down after providing no evidence. I was threatened with no warranty if I changed their 6mm cable. The BP engineer performed the install in 90 mins, was polite and proficient; we debated the merits or otherwise of 6mm/10mm cable and his opinion was different to my electrician - even now I am unsure who is correct. The engineer install was the best and most professional aspect of the BP job. The charger construction is not particularly rigid, and far weaker than the Tesla charger I have. I have received NO certificates from BP.
They telephoned to book an appointment within the week. The engineer turned up as planned very nice man very polite he worke quickly, efficiently and tidy could not fault the installation process
Took long Time to fix, Worst charger never works, Very Basic App
after a satisfactory installation I had to request an invoice and an electrical installation certificate as this was not provided. I have over the period of a month called 10 times to ask for these documents and am still waiting for the electrical installation certificate (which I need to claim an EST grant). On these calls, I have waited 5-30 minutes on hold and some calls have been cut off mid-call. I have raised "cases" twice. On no occasion has anyone called me back or emailed me explaining the delay in providing a certificate despite promising to do so. The three teams involved (homecharge, customer service, and compliance) seem to pass the request amongst themselves but never action it.
I have been trying to get a charger fitted for the last 6 weeks. This is a company who don’t answer the phone and don’t answer emails. I have supplied them with all the information they have required and now can’t get any response in order to get the work done.
Charging my EV with BP chargemaster is an exercise in frustration. Can only use their plastic card which takes weeks to arrive in the mail. Then the charger I’m trying to use repeatedly says “invalid card” even after the call centre says they’ve fixed the issue. Need to wait 10min to speak to someone every time I need a charge. And now I’m being told they mailed me an expired card! BP chargemaster does this worst of all the EV chargers across London. Will be avoiding these in future! Ordering the £20 card was a waste of money.
Absolutely terrible!!! They just keep asking for the same information time after time after time!!! So far there have been 3 different order numbers and 3 different people dealing with it. They keep asking for the land registry which, as it is a rented property and part of a large country estate, don't exist as it is only listed on the whole estate registry!! I even have a letter from the estate giving me permission to have a charge point fitted but it seems to have been ignored!! Today I am going to see if I can get a different provider and get rid of this micky mouse of a company.
Very professionally installed no complaints at all.
Great experience despite some delays due to COVID and some challenges getting my electricity meter and an isolation switch fitted by my electricity provider. Mohammed did a great job making sure all the required information met their needs to make a problem free install. The fitter arrived as planned and after a few quick checks to validate the necessary safety checks he talked me through the installation process and we discussed the best location and cable route. Really pleased with the installation and the convenience of being able to charge on my driveway using overnight off peak electricity.
Only comment is there needs to be a be a check list of all the information/pictures you will need to complete the application process. The engineer who installed my charge point was excellent, a real credit to the company, hence the five star review.
Very very slow and laborious process with constant reminders needed to keep it all going. Very frustrating.
It took nearly 6 months to get them to install the charger. I had to spend £1500 to run a power supply to my parking space for them to attach the charger direct to my cable not to my consumer unit. It was a good job the car was also on a 6 months delivery. Installer said my experience was not unusual.
I am very pleased with my charger. The engineer was very friendly and efficient, helpful too! It was courtesy of Mercedes Benz, so even better
Covid certainly didn't help in ensuring a smooth process in the installation of our charger and at times I felt BP were too dependent on the customer to provide information concerning our power supply, when in normal times an electrical surveyor would have visited the property. However, the electrical installers were first class, along with Western Power. The administrator at BP was also very helpful and endeavoured to communicate reasons for why the installation took longer than planned.
The only really positive is the guy that installed this. Website is awful, uploading photos then they disappear so you aren't sure if they have uploaded, no contact for weeks after the request. No clear guidance on who or when it will be fitted. A need to then resend all of it again as the name changed and platform. App is shocking and really not user friendly in the anyway. Mixed identity as this review is chargemaster but everything else is pulse.
The home unit was installed quickly and the technician kept me informed about each part of the install. We even chatted about future enhancements in the bp network including the upgrades to the old motorway charge points.
It was great to have my home charger installed, fantastic. Thank you Mohammed for making this possible for reassuring l am happy about everything l can now charge my car at home. Thank you again Mohammed.
BP Chargemaster is rated 4.14 based on 3,641 reviews