BP pulse Reviews

Read BP pulse Reviews

+44 (0)1582 400 331

sales@bpchargemaster.com

500 Capability Green, ,

Tell us how BP pulse made you happy
Started the installation process in September and still no date for completion. We have sent over 20 photos and estimates of required cable etc etc. I am not a surveyor this is not my job. They never answer the phone and emails are signed by a different engineer every time.
Do not use this company. Extremely poor service when trying to arrange an installation. Was told to have an isolation switch installed in my fuse box. I queried it but was told to go ahead. When the engineer arrived, he said it was clear from the photos which I had submitted that the isolation switch was not needed. He removed it. I asked BP Chargemaster (now BP Pulse for a refund) which they agreed to on December 2 2020. It is now January 12 and no refund. The staff who you email and speak to seem to have no knowledge at all. Worse than this is that I was given the wrong information about claiming the EST grant of £300. I have raised it with BP Pulse and unsurprisingly, no-one will reply to emails. Phone calls are ridiculous as no one picks up your call. At present, i am £350 out of pocket. I will escalate this with an external agency as a company should not treat customers like this and, having read all of these reviews, there are many of us in similar positions.
Awful customer service. Mercedes referred me to them for a home charger - After the ridiculous amount of pictures I've had to take for them, get an electrician in to put an extra switch on the fuse box, I'm now being ask for pictures of my gas and water earthing. It seems like it's any excuse to delay sending an engineer it to fit the box. Mercedes have told me to raise it to a manager at BP - I tried and was passed around the same people for 25 minutes without actually speaking with a manager!
Charger installation went smoothly and initially charger charged the car (although timed charges never worked). On 6th December I phoned BP as the charger has stopped working. They said an engineer would come out, but they then stopped communicating with me and just ignore my emails. I now have to drive to a motorway service station to charge the car and sit and wait for it to charge.
Initial application was sorted by car dealership and was very prompt. After that BP were dreadful! I sent in all information and photos the same day as they requested, and then no feedback. Had to chase numerous times, made complaints to customer services and they were as bad. Eventually said I wanted to talk to a senior manager and then magically got a call from the engineer with a date. Electrician was very professional and bang on time. BP should stick to oil and leave electricity to the experts!
awful service - trying to get unit installed but sent me a link for information that does not work, repeatedly asking for the same information over the phone. No one knows what is going on and most of the information is never recorded on their systems so each time you call them, you have to start from scratch. I am only using them as they are the preferred supplier for Mercedes. I would not use them again
Completely fed up with our charger. We've had to get Motability involved to get any response out of BP. That, at least, got an engineer out to come and check there was nothing electrically wrong with the box and to check connectivity. Now it's been established it's a software issue, neither us, nor Motability have heard a dickybird since. We have, at least, managed to ascertain that the car will accept a charge when left asleep for a period of time (plugging the granny charger in and switching it on after half hour), so at least we know it's not the car. All I want is a basic timer to turn power on to the car at 1am, it's not much to ask, for goodness sake! Instead, it has to be reset every time we use it and the scheduler doesn't work with my MG (sometimes doing nothing, other times continually charging, then once in a blue moon recognising a schedule set and then nothing more.). The app never spots the car is connected, unless the scheduler is off. Sometimes it won't even charge hubby's Prius with it's own built in scheduler! If it weren't for the fact that Motability supplied the charger and the whole grants system, I'd be asking for my money back and trying to get another make.
Simply AWFUL - DO NOT sign up with BP Pulse, other chargers are available. I really regret going with them. Their customer service is appalling (apart from one guy, Florentin, who I feel sorry for, as he's constantly getting my queries when his colleagues fail to respond). Others have slated the installation process - that's a major challenge in itself ... they also conveniently 'forget' to mention that you can pay £75 (which is then deducted from the £499 installation fee if you choose to proceed) for one of their sub-contract installers to come out and do a pre-installation survey - why wouldn't you do this? It's a no-brainer and then avoids any potential issues on the installation day. I only found out after complaining about all of the endless technical questions they were asking me (I AM NOT AN ELECTRICIAN!) I decided yesterday evening to try out the scheduling on the Smartcharge App (as I’d like to be able to set the car to charge between 12:30 and 04:30 (when we have off-peak electricity charges of 5p kwH). There is next to no information on how to do this (and the App gets a slating on all of the online reviews about not working / not having been updated / not being user friendly) so I wasn’t entirely confident at the outset … Issues: • The app keeps telling me that the car isn’t plugged in when it is; • It tells me it is charging when it isn’t; • It tells me it is plugged in when it isn’t; • I did a test schedule charge and immediately when I plugged the car in it started to charge (ignoring the scheduled time, which was later); • I rang the helpline and spoke to 'Connor' (who on the face of it seemed like he wanted to help) – he told me to switch off the unit for 15 minutes; switch it back on and then leave for 5 minutes and then set a new scheduled time - he told me that if this didn’t work, that I was to email him and he would send me his contact details – which he did (‘interesting non-existent phone number’ of 01234 567890 in his email signature) – and because he was working until 930pm last night (and not the weekend) he would be there to try and resolve the issue. He would assign a reference number to my case … I’m still waiting for him to call back … • After switching off and switching the unit back on (as instructed by Connor), I created a new test schedule of 1730 to 1830. I plugged the car in at 1725 – it immediately started charging(!) and then after a minute or 2 stopped and completely ignored the scheduled charge supposedly starting at 1730 … • I tried to phone Connor twice (on the correct number that appears on the website) – pressing the correct option numbers it then simply cut off twice, so I gave up; • I did another scheduled charge for 1230 to 0430 – the car didn’t charge (I get a notification on my phone from my Mercedes Me App when charging starts / ends); • Given that I was awake at 3am, I went out to the garage and put the car on charge manually. It started charging at 3am and finished at 508am - looking at the ‘History’ in the App it claims that the car was charging from 1827 for c. 14 hours(!) – the history section is completely wrong and random; • The App claimed that at 825 this morning that the car was charging at full speed. It wasn’t – as my Mercedes Me App clearly indicates … • HOW are you supposed to get the App and wall box to work together? As soon as you plug the car in (regardless of any scheduling in the App) it starts to charge – the only way to stop it charging is to lock / unlock the car or press the ‘end charge’ button by the charging flap on the car. It then seems ignore the scheduling set for later on … How can it be so difficult? I really cannot believe that Mercedes-Benz recommend this company. They are a complete joke! BP (a supposedly world renowned company) should know better. AVOID!!
I ordered my Mercedes on 23rd Oct 2020 with a BP Chargemaster included in the deal. I was contacted by BP within a few days, signed their application immediately and sent the information requested promptly. During the next 3 months I received approx 18 e-mails and sent 8 replies sending more and more information. I have spent well over 6 hours on the phone a lot of which was waiting for an agent to answer the call, when they did answer I just more and more queries. Late in January I raised a formal complaint and finally as soon as I was able to speak to the Homecharge Team Leader via her direct line the order moved along although it still needed constant prompting. On 27th Jan 2021 I was given an installation date of 5th Feb, just over 3 months after our first contact. I was contacted the day before by Peter from South Shields to confirm arrival time and the installation was completed in just over 3 hours entirely to my satisfaction. Well done Peter. I’m sure that the administration of the Chargemaster installations could do with a complete overhaul, you need to employ agents who are more qualified and request all the information up front and keep in touch with your customers on a regular basis. I just hope the unit and software is reliable.
Struggling to get an install date after a month of me sending photos to them. When I call I barely get a sentence out and they keep putting the phone down! Looking at the other reviews this isn't uncommon with this company and I doubt I'll actually get a EV charger installed.
Terrible company to deal with! Impossible to contact. The installation of the home charger was part of the deal when we purchased our Renault Zoe but three months on they still haven’t installed the charging point. We are forced to charge through Street charging units (source) which are more expensive than conventional petrol fuel.
Pathetic, I have just cancelled the install. I needed second point. They first told me I wasn't eligible for the grant as I had one already. I had to refer them to the government website to prove to them I was. Then I have a Zoe, I was told that I would need a dual pole isolator as the zoe would not charge without one. Then I had to get my mains upgraded by the local carrier. I asked if there was anything else, they said no. Got this done which meant have to deal with my supplier for the dual pole switch and my carrier to upgrade my supply outside. Got all this sorted. The now decided I need pictures of the earth strapping to my gas pipes and my water. One is under the ceiling at the back and the other is under bath I have just fitted. At this point I have reached the end of my teether. I am not willing to disassemble my house to send them pictures. All I can say is I am just going to use my Podpoint this work with the Zoe and is no trouble. Absolute joke of a company
Avoid. I contacted in advance of receiving my electric car. Everything seemed normal and they said they can excelerate as the car was due soon. Spoke to a guy, signed papers, sent photos. Nothing. Spoke to a guy, emailed some more, signed more papers, nothing. Told they cannot process without payment. Paid. Nothing. Asked to be contacted by manager. Nothing. I now have an electric car that I cannot charge at home, everything I speak to BPchargemaster, I am told I will be contacted, but I am yet to hear from them. Disgusting service. Stay away please. They will only increase your blood pressure
DO NOT TOUCH..... Had to chase the installer to get a date then after a 1 month wait and on the day of the install I get a cancellation email 35 minutes after the installer should have been here. No phone call and wish I’d never bothered with this shower. Then you sit on hold for nearly an hour when trying to call the number they give you. One very shoddy company and would not recommend to anyone. This is no way to run a business and blaming the volume of work is purely a mismanaged business. The customer service advisor was polite and patient but just blamed the bookings team who then wouldn’t answer when he forwarded my call.... You’ve been warned.......
unfortunately so far not very happy. After first installation the charger burned as well as cable. Took some weeks to reinstall, yet had to wait further 2 weeks for cable only to discover it does not work, now waiting another three weeks, customer service people try to help, but seemingly they miss people / are understaffed. Hard to ever get through in less than 20 min and sometimes not even getting a response to email.
Bought my Renault Zoe in September it’s 3 rd December and still no joy. Customer service none existent. Nobody answers the phone don’t respond to emails. Completely useless company. Avoid like the Plague.
My unit was fitted a month ago and it's not working. Spoken to Customer Service FOUR times and am still no further forward in resolving the problem and am charging the car using a household 3 pin socket. This, on top of an installation date being agreed and no one turned up. Thin before you purchase from them.I'm sorry I ever bothered with BP Chargemaster.
My experience with BP Chargemaster has been very poor throughout: - Significant delays in getting a response to my initial application. Though it was submitted in early March, as no installation date was set before lockdown, I did not qualify for the £500 OLEV grant, only the lower rate of £350 - No communication whatsoever as to whether or when the unit might be installed between late March and late May. - Multiple different installation dates issued, with no communication as why these had changed. - Engineer arrived unexpectedly the day before our scheduled installation date. - Following installation, it has become clear that the installed 7kw unit charges my Jaguar I-Pace at less than half the advertised rate. I've logged a complaint and am waiting to hear back from BP Chargemaster on how to resolve this, but so far am extremely disappointed with the quality of service I have received. Unless the currently issues are swiftly resolved I will be advising all my friends and contacts to avoid your service.
We've been waiting since February for the system to be installed - many, many phone calls and emails; last one received two days ago at 7.47AM confirming that someone was definitely coming to install it, yet by 5PM no-one had tuned up. I called and was told that no-one was ever going to come as all installations were on hold and they didn't know when I could expect itl! Promised that they would get back to me by cop yesterday. Guess what. Nothing. Appalling customer service.
New app doesn't work, just a white screen. i phone 5, iOS 10.3.3. Can I have my money back? Andrew
BP pulse is rated 4.13 based on 3,676 reviews