BP Chargemaster Reviews

+44 (0)1582 400 331

sales@bpchargemaster.com

500 Capability Green

Tell us how BP Chargemaster made you happy
New app doesn't work, just a white screen. i phone 5, iOS 10.3.3. Can I have my money back? Andrew
Update. A complete removal and reinstall fixed it. This is not an "upgrade" to the existing app but a completely new one.
Terrible experience, 8 weeks wait, unreturned phone calls, unanswered emails, even the app set up is a horror story. Really wish I had used someone else
The unit itself is over-priced and badly designed. The cable does not easily or securely wrap around the body for storage and the power plug does not have a holster to hold it – despite there being a plug like indentation in the middle. It has a secondary box whose sole purpose is to hold a 16A/32A selector switch. Why wasn’t this part of the main box design? We also had to have a BCD fuse box installed inline. Why wasn’t that in the main unit? Other domestic charge points have a fuse as part of the unit. The design is a bit of a lash up quite honestly! There are much better ones at lower price on the market. The installer was due to arrive in the morning. He thought he was coming in the afternoon. His morning job was cancelled and so he did actually turn up at our place in the morning anyway. He didn’t have the required fuse box, so disappeared saying he would be back first thing in next morning. He didn’t. We range the office and asked where he is. They said they would get back to me – they didn’t. It wasn’t until the middle of the following week that the installer turned up again. He blamed ‘the office’, the office didn’t know what he was doing and neither thought they should tell me what they were doing. A bit of a joke really! I have a second power point to have installed in another property. I will not be using chargemaster.
Not enough 50 kw chargers to expensive polo chargers are better value
Not much point having an app that won’t allow anyone to register .....
Hi, sorry to hear this, please can you let me know what error you are receiving?
I have been trying to use a chargemaster point in Loughborough for 5 weeks now and every time the app does not work and because I don't have a rfid card they cant help me wow I have £24 on my account and cant spend it or get it refunded so I cant even apply for the card on a monthly account
Hi Adrian, sorry to hear about this.

Please could you let me know the exact location of the charging point in Loughborough and I will see if anything is wrong with the unit?

In terms of your Polar app, you can apply for a Polar Plus account (the monthly RFID card membership), and you will be able to transfer your credit from Polar Instant to this account. If you haven't had the subscription before, you will also be entitled to the first three months of membership free.
Tried to use on Wednesday evening and didn't work at all- now I have downloaded the update and it isn't recognising my login details - have triple checked on the website and I'm using the correct info.
Hi sorry to hear this. Please could you privately send us your log in email address, or contact our 24/7 customer service desk who will help you with this.
Updating the app has lost the login details from my phone. Now I can’t access the £20 you unnecessarily charged me when I registered.
Sorry to hear this, please could you privately message us your log in email address and we can investigate this for you. Alternatively please ring our 24/7 Customer Service desk and they help you directly.
Tried to use polar instant several machines won't activate with the app have put £20 on the app and as of yet failed to use any of it EV solutions works every time you need to fix this
Hi Leslie,

Is this with the new updated version of the app? The new update should resolve these issues. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
My gripe with Polar Instant is that we don't have access to Rapidcharge points. Or used not to. I don't often need to charge on the go, and when I found myself unable to use a Rapidcharge I was connected for free, so no gripe there. But I hope this has been sorted and I'll be able to Rapidcharge whatever account I'm on.
Drilled through the wrong wall into my hallway My electrician tells me he would not certificate the work I think you need to come back
Would give 0 stars but its not an option. This company is quick to call you in the first instance but that is all it is quick at. Began the process to have a charge point installed on 3rd November. Its is now the 6th December and I have only just (after numerous calls and emails) got an installation date on the 10th of January!!!!! (2 and a bit months to basically get a plug socket fitted!!!!!!) The customer service of this company is just awful. After all this wasted time I am now left with a electric car that I cant charge!! Stay well clear of chargemaster.
Electrician on site was good. Communication with main office was poor, emails not acknowledged, slow response and information asked for which had been previously supplied.
Taking three weeks to even arrange an appointment Many people emailing many things and no one emailing ALL of the documents required and answering ALL of the questions not answering emails for many days I would not recommend your company, I would go with your competitors for sure.
I always use chargemaster/Polar 'Ultrchargers' as my rapid chargers of choice as they are reliable with good speeds. Have also recently completed one of their 'EV Experience' weeks which I bid for using points, I got a BMW i3 (usualy drive an Ioniq Electric) which was great. Only criticism I would have is a lack of flexability of what days you can pick the cars up and drop thekm off.
BP Chargemaster is rated 4.30 based on 2,825 reviews