BP Chargemaster Reviews

Tell us how BP Chargemaster made you happy

Own Driver, Courier
customer service
Alan
"Friendly engineer did a perfect installation with no disruption or mess and in double quick time. We even got an earlier installation than expected."
Norman
"All very helpful with no problems."
"Just a simple online request followed by a couple of phone calls and an electrician was installing the charger in my garage. Neatly installed with all the correct paperwork; just need the car to arrive and it would be perfect."
"The process was very frustrating. The member of staff I dealt with made me take a lot of photos. He sat on them for a week until I called up, then he struggled to find them. When he did he told me I needed an isolator switch, so my fitting date was cancelled until I had achieved this. Particularly annoying as I had ordered a new car and the car was possibly now going to arrive before the charger. Next up I was luckier and spoke to the team lead who got my original timeslot back. She also then told me what the first person should have i.e. that I needed my meter tails, wires, and fuse upgraded to 100amp by the power co. and the energy provider! I think the whole process could be improved with a proper summary of all the things you may need for a charger rather than the photo debacle and drip feed of information. The fitter arrived and had never fitted a BMW charger before. He did a super job with the wiring/installation but we were then left with a charger that may or may nor work. With a friends car, and some changes to the software config of the charger we finally discovered had a working charger. I think without having installed a BMW charger the installer was unaware that it needed about 5-10mins to startup ( his boss thought a few minutes ) Largely a bad experience. The team lead was good as was the electrician but overall it felt like better process/information/training is required at chargemaster."
"Pleased with charger. Process took forever though. Still unsure about if and when I get any rebate back from govt."
"Well installed. Stylish. Functions well. Comms showing consumption very useful. Excellent value with the government discount."
"This may be a generous rating. Overall, installation took over 10 weeks from first contact until the unit was installed at home (from 21st Jan until 3rd Apr) - so we had a car manufactured in France, delivered to the dealer and driven here over 3 weeks before the installation of a charger. The emails received were of a standard template, asking for the same range of information each time, irrespective of whether it had already been sent or not. The Annex D document had to be completed twice since the first one expired before the installation took place. Little notice appeared to be taken of the emails I sent - e.g. I requested a tethered rather than socketed unit, by email and then by phone and was told that this would be changed on the instructions. On the day of the installation the instructions were still for the wrong unit and several phone calls were necessary before the installation could proceed. I did not get much confidence from those I spoke to at the Luton office. By contrast, the person who did the survey and a different person who did the installation were brilliant."
"Engineer arrived when promised, was friendly, helpful and did a good job. Nice neat result which works fine."
"Very neatly installed by a very professional fitter. I’m happy with the charge point."
"Chagemaster were very helpful when I first contacted them however they became fairly offhand and it took four months after I had paid for the equipment required to have it delivered to me. They blamed the fact that they had to deal with a subcontractor, however that is not the only problem because I kept in touch with the subcontractor and often they too were waiting on Chargemaster."
"Very satisfied, customer service seemed a bit muddled. Fitter superb, ‘can do’ person! Very knowledgeable. Thank you."
"Very helpful and friendly. No hassle to complete the installation."
"I am still waiting on an email so that I can use the Charge Vision, even though I have asked a number of times"
"The only issue I had was there was a wait of more than 40 days. Rest everything was fine"
"The admin for this was diabolical - the paperwork was requested, filled in, but then sat on at Chargemaster’s end for ages despite us chasing. As a result, we did not get our installation until 3 months after the car was delivered. The surveyor and installer (same person) was great, but the whole process was let down by poor customer service at the initial stages."
"My experience is of Chargemaster fitting a charging point my home.This was done very efficiently on the date agreed . ~Arrangement made by e-mail also very satisfactory, with helpful staff. No experience yet of charging facilities outside my home."
"Not enough 50 kw chargers to expensive polo chargers are better value"
"The charger has been fitted and is working perfectly."
"Installation was very efficient and provides the charging point"
"Excellent service"
"Generally good, though the first person I dealt with did seem to lack in common sense somewhat, so I had to send him things multiple times, to be sure that everything was going to happen as proposed. For example, I made it clear right up front that my "fuse box" was full, but had to remind him of that twice to be sure that an additional one was added to the order. I liked the fact that they appeared to have made note of when I was having an Isolation switch fitted, which allowed them to contact me later and offer an earlier slot due to a cancellation."
"Very neat and tidy installation by our engineer who was very dilligent and thorough whilst working at our home."
"The chargepoint is really good and the engineer who installed it was great. The engineer who did the on site survey that I had to have was also really helpful. However, the telephone team could have been better - the original contact left the company and no-one took over my order. Eventually I had to resubmit my OLEV form because the time limit on it had expired (6weeks). I had to ring several times to get the process going again. Eventually Jamie took over and it went quite smoothly from then on. The process is not as straightforward as it appears from your video. I had to have extra electric work done in order to have my chargepoint fitted. I think you should do site surveys as standard then people would know right from the beginning what they would need to do to have the chargepoint fitted. Now it’s in and working it’s super."
BP Chargemaster is rated 4.54 based on 1,822 reviews