BP Chargemaster Reviews

+44 (0)1582 400 331

sales@bpchargemaster.com

500 Capability Green

Tell us how BP Chargemaster made you happy
Missed appointments, Lost paperwork, they’re completely incompetent.
Posted 1 hour ago
despite very nice people involved, including the person who installed the charger, the process that we went through to get this installed was painful. it literally took months and involved countless phone calls, emails and letters and paperwork. is it purposefully difficult to avoid government benefits being used?
This is my second chargemaster installation - all ok with the first so now onto the second, installation all ok but since the install 2 weeks ago the device has had to be reset twice (power turned off and wait 20 seconds before powering on again) leaving the car not charged overnight two times ! In 2 weeks. Never had this problem with the last charger but this is a new “smart” one, so less than impressed !
We decided to take the plunge and buy an electric car. I contacted BP Chargemaster because of the good reviews of their products and services. The buying process was straightforward and the charger fitted as soon as they possibly could. The fitter was friendly, informative and his work was faultless - he even hoovered up the mess. The charger looks good and charges our EV effortlessly in the listed times.
A very straight forward process and a good installation.
Process began on 6th August. Installation of tethered point went ok but we are now at 10th November and the 'easy to use' app for keeping a check on how much electricity is used is still not up and running properly. Won't bore you with all the details but there have been a lot of emails!
The engineers where excellent. Came when planned and explained everything clearly. Did a really good, tidy job and checked everything worked before departing. My experience with the admin process was not good. The person in charge of the job was very helpful, but did not understand the technical points of the work. She went on leave in the middle of the process and no one told me she was away and no one was appointed to cover her absence. I had to contact my power provider for the information Chargemaster wanted. Chargemaster failed to send the required documentation to Western Power that they requested. When they eventually sent the form, I had to request a copy and forward it to the person at Western Power with whom I was in contact. I think the whole admin process could have been better handled from start to finish.
I can best summarise the service I received from ChargeMaster as one of contrasts. The member of staff who was my initial contact with the company went on holiday for a couple of weeks but nobody seemed able to pick things up from him until, after some emails from me, a lady took picked up the job and suddenly things started to happen and, crucially for me, happen quickly. However, there still seemed to be a problem with what I took to be an admin team's ability to ensure that all the forms necessary to claim the government (OLEV) grant for the installation of the charging station had been sent to me. It seemed that things were just muddling along leaving me with a nice new electric vehicle but no fast charge facilities. If it hadn't been for the lady who finally took control of the situation and the excellent service provided by the installation engineer I think this review may have been rather less generous. However, the installation and associated admin are now complete and the charging unit is working extremely well.
I would like to say I was very impressed with your professionalism & quick reply .thank you Abebe Gesese
A very efficient fitting of my Chargemaster.
The installation of the unit was carried out efficiently and professionally, and in a friendly manner, the backup service is also excellent
Easy process, excellent service when fitting, machine works great.
It was unfortunate that the initial contractor could not attend as he did not have a "box" in stock, so we had a weeks' delay. The next contractor was efficient, arrived on time and got the job done . It seems to work fine. He appreciated the extra photos I sent, he said only four was often no use to him. We had a number of fuse and supply boxes as the house is older.Good work thank you.
Very quick installation Over the past 2 months, I have had to reset the charge master from the mains as it would not charge the car. Would recommend
Yes it took a little while before we had the home charger fitted, but we were kept updated all the time and if we needed to supply any information. When fitting day arrived the engineer was great, talked to me about the installation and how to use the app. Great service
Couldn’t be happier, really efficient sales, customer service and then fitting. All of which was within 5 days of the initial order. Just perfect!
I enjoyed a very good service from BP Chargemaster to fit my new home charge unit. The electrician arrived on-time, had some additional work to do as it needed a direct cable from our meter box (unexpected by me) but he took this in his stride and completed the work with no fuss in a few hours. I'm very happy, thank you.
Installation good , but charger needs to be rebooted occasionally , I have emailed to check if this is normal , I was told someone will contact me . So far no one has been in touch
Impressed with my home BP Chargemaster, from initial call through to neat installation (took 4 hours) about 2 weeks later. Quick, knowledgeable & helpful. Smart functions working well.
The engineer turned up promptly, as agreed and installed the charger in around 3 hours. A fairly neat job and an explanation of how to use was given. Works well.
BP Chargemaster is rated 4.31 based on 2,748 reviews