bp pulse Reviews

of reviewers recommend bp pulse
Own Driver, Courier
Read bp pulse Reviews

heretohelp@bp.com

bp pulse, Breckland, Linford Wood

Tell us how bp pulse made you happy
Customer service is non existent. Waiting more than 1 year for a domestic charger installation. Excuse after excuse to cover for incompetence. Their average 4 star review is highly suspicious.
Took forever. No opportunity to discuss / verify the install other than emails. Extremely slow to respond. Would be helpful to have a live video survey or similar. Can't review what you answered in the questionnaire. Resulted in weeks of waiting and a 3hr delay before work started on the actual day of install.
Unfortunately, it was a complete nightmare trying to organise the install of the charger. It is important to point out, that you are requesting feedback on the installation, which was not performed by BP Pulse. All the dealing I have actually had with BP Pulse have been shambolic and stressful. To begin with the, the questionnaire sent out to be filled in prior to install was not straight forward, and required knowledge and understanding. It was also not a short task to complete, had been promised by the member of staff I spoke to. My charging point was "guaranteed" to be fitted prior to the delivery of my car. My car was delivered in May. The charging point fitted mid July. Once the process began, it then took MONTHS for the install to be arranged. This was due to BP Pulse not acknowledging the reply from Western Power in APRIL. I had to chase and chase, and if I had not I believe I would still be waiting. Numerous painful telephone calls and emails. The promise of call backs with updates, which never materialised. In the end I contacted Western Power, and then passed on the details to BP Pulse, and as if by magic the installation process booking was started. However, if I could rate the 2 chaps that came out to actually perform the fitting (NOT BP Pulse employees!), I would give them separately a 5+ star rating. They were helpful, professional and tidied up impeccably. The resulting work was perfect :)
The fitter of my BP Pulse I would give 5 starts too very polite and did an excellent job of fitting.
Professional installation engineer very polite and helpful a credit to your company the charger looks great on the wall … keep up the good work .
Communication was very poor with emails going unanswered for weeks and long waits for the phone to be answered. Very scant information was provided about the functionality of the charge point and I was not given the choice of tethered or untethered. The installers will not dig trenches or lift floorboards so you either have to find another contractor to do it and coordinate timings - virtually impossible - or you have to do it yourself. Finally the app is incredibly basic given the BP name. There's no biometric login, every time you use it you have to key in your password as it does not keep you logged in and it shows information that is contradictory. Only used them because Mini recommended but would not recommend to anyone else.
had the home charger fitted on the 5th of July 2020 as I already had my mg zs ev . since day 1 this unit has hardly worked. I have had 2 nearly full charges out of it and that's all. the thing keeps making a loud pop then switches its self off. spoke to the clowns at bp to be told on several occasions that I will get a response within 4 days and ive not even had 1 call back, this is the worst company I have ever dealt with in my whole life. looks to me like they take your good well earned money an then disappear into the night with it. they are not even worth 1 star never mind 5 . i hope people read this an get their home chargers from a different supplier and their subscription is a rip off to. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE
The customer service team, the installation gentleman, everyone was very helpful and friendly. The quality of the installation is fab, it looks lovey on the side of my house.
excellent service
Top installation engineer, very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable.
We have been waiting since December 2020 for our port. This company is either seriously incompetent or they discriminate against motability customers. 7 months and still waiting. When you call BP they either hang up on you or just tell you lies. I ideally would give zero star review!!
The service received was appalling and would not be prepared to recommend BP Pulse. My application was started at the beginning of March 2021 and I finally had my BP Pulse installed on 15th July 2021. My BMW was delivered in May 2021 and I phoned customer services weekly to chase the installation to a point that, despite paying in advance, nearly gave up and was looking at alternatives. In seems, everything is subcontracted, the actual installation and the isolator switch connection. Once you have had a telephone conversation with the Customer Service team, they then send an email to a subcontractor and they then believe they have done their job. No follow up or monitoring. The only reason I used BP Pulse was due to the recommendation of BMW. I would personally not recommend due the the hassle and time spent chasing and basically being ignored.
The work was done by an expert. He did a good job and involved me in planning where to put it. Lloyd, the engineer considered my height and that of my partner.
The 2 engineers who came to fit first the isolation switch and then the actual charger were both excellent. Which is more than can be said for BP Pulse customer service. Having read other one star reviews, it's the same old story - email after email, response promised within 10 days, emails ignored and then when the engineer finally arrived to fit the charger some 5 weeks after we bought the car, we had no idea he was coming and it was sheer luck than we were in. Deplorable service from a global brand, complete contempt for the customer. I am only glad I did not have to pay for this - it came FOC as part of my purchase deal. I hope my charger works longer than some of the others mentioned. BP Pulse - what are you going to do about your service? I am surprised that Mini still want their brand linked with yours!
No back up. Charger overheating. Can't access the app to control charge rate. Phoned 4 times to get it sorted. Nothing has been done to resolve the issues. Was cut off on last time because I was upset about the issues above and Nothing was being done about it. Wasn't happy and also was not shouting. Was told as it was a third party that installed charger I had to get in touch with them, I stated it was BP who should be doing that as they subbed it out to them. Where's Ester Ranson when you need her... Nothing has been resolved, still can't access the App, charger is still overheating. And BP couldn't give a damn, the got the money from the government and its your on your own now. This is going further. Being upset not shouting doesn't justify being cut off. If I could get the box removed I would and look for a professional quality company who doesn't sub stuff out to others when receiving government grant money to actually do the job and be accountable for the quality of work. The government give the work to the lowest bidder and then corners are cut. BP you have let yourself down in all areas big time..
Honestly, BP charge point reliability is woeful. Yet again a charge point, installed only a few months ago just refused to start a charge when using the BP Pulse app. Maybe instead of stupid messages like “assembling electric”, they could just make it work!
Steve Ascent Energy Services have been very professional, customer-friendly and communicative via emails. The engineer,I think Paul was his name, arrived early. Very pleasant, explained clearly what was to be done and got on with it. His work was undertaken with care and he left the area, as it was before. Would highly recommend Ascent Energy Services!
The engineer who fitted the charger was great, but it took two appointments to fit as half the equipment was missing from the box. Also being a Motability car we were told that the charger and fitting was completely free. This was not the case. We have to buy our own charging cable @£150, even though when we went through the application process we requested a home charger with a retractable charging cable. The 3 stars are purely for the engineer as he was fantastic.
Great to have home charge available for ease of home charging. Installation was straightforward enough and clean. The app to access is very basic and there is not option to lock unit in App but only key lock.
Well, I now have my home charger fitted, but it took four months from application and five weeks after my all electric car was delivered! Not great service and I’m sorry to say not great customer service either. Called numerous times for updates but stock answer was installers would contact me within 10 days, don’t hold your breath. When I finally received an email, from the installation team, they had the wrong address and as it turned out the wrong time as well, but at least the they got the right day! Did email about the wrong information, no reply, phoned, response, everything should be ok!! Did not inspire any confidence at all, fitter did arrive at the right address but 4 hours early, it was pure luck I was in. Good part is the charger works so no more trips to public chargers to stay on the road. With more and more EV vehicles taking to the road, you do need to get your act together very soon. On the positive side the fitter was excellent and the installation is very neat.
bp pulse is rated 4.02 based on 3,951 reviews