BP pulse Reviews

Read BP pulse Reviews

+44 (0)1582 400 331

sales@bpchargemaster.com

500 Capability Green, ,

Tell us how BP pulse made you happy
It took 3 attempts to get fitted if the first person that came looked for all things that needed doing then it would of been done 2nd time round
A simple clear process for non-electricians would greatly improve the service. Sent multiple photos of fuse boxes, earth wires, electricity meter etc. Who knows what an MPAN number is? Being told it is on your electricity bill is not helpful - who gets bills these days (you can get number from UK Power networks if needed, as I found after half an hour online). Kept being asked for duplicate photos, additional info but nobody actually specified detail of what was needed or why. Subcontractor who fitted charger was great. Suggest survey of premises is included as part of process, then BP knows everything ok and customer does not spend hours trying to sort out. Helpline (phone and email) are not very responsive. I expected better from BP.
Initial application was sorted by car dealership and was very prompt. After that BP were dreadful! I sent in all information and photos the same day as they requested, and then no feedback. Had to chase numerous times, made complaints to customer services and they were as bad. Eventually said I wanted to talk to a senior manager and then magically got a call from the engineer with a date. Electrician was very professional and bang on time. BP should stick to oil and leave electricity to the experts!
Multiple phone calls asking same questions
I have been trying to get a charger fitted for the last 6 weeks. This is a company who don’t answer the phone and don’t answer emails. I have supplied them with all the information they have required and now can’t get any response in order to get the work done.
The only really positive is the guy that installed this. Website is awful, uploading photos then they disappear so you aren't sure if they have uploaded, no contact for weeks after the request. No clear guidance on who or when it will be fitted. A need to then resend all of it again as the name changed and platform. App is shocking and really not user friendly in the anyway. Mixed identity as this review is chargemaster but everything else is pulse.
Installers who were sub-contracted by BP pulse were professional and provided good workmanship. The 2 month process to get the installation booked (which could really have taken 2 weeks, if it were not for slow responses and repeated requests for information I had already provided) was fragmented and frustrating. They are clearly struggling to meet demand - either through high demand or improper resourcing.
I am a veteran EV / PHEV owner and whilst had no issues with BP Chargmaster in ordering, having it installed or getting the app up & running. I was upgrading my old faithful Podpoint 7KW non tethered charger that had given up the ghost connecting to the App. The New Chargemaster unit However came free with my new Mercedes GLE350DE (had to pay £350 as you can't claim more than one grant) and I wanted tethered because it handily came with a 32amp cable which is crucial to achieve a full 7kw charge. So far so good and as a passive charger it works perfectly that would get it a full 5 star rating. Where it all goes horribly wrong is when you want to control the timer using the Smartcharge App to a) take advantage of off peak electricity or b) charge only to 80-90% to protect the battery if the car is not being driven the next day. As my friend Nik Hamilton discovered its near as useless resulting in either no charge or a full charge when yo don't want it. The issue appears to originate in the way the charger communicates with the app. It has a built in sim which communicates with BP rather than simply using a WiFi connection which would placecthe app & charger on the same network. The app communicates with BP and back to the charger via the sim & vice versatile. Despite my vast experience its not resulted in success in over 6 months the app says the car is connected when it's not & vice versa ot advises that is charging when it's not & vice versa. The BP help line do try their best but you can tell they are completely brow beaten & as frustrated as I am. This is a terrible shame as the charger without the app works 100% everytime with a full 7kw charge given using the 32amp cable
Communication poor. I had to make all the enquiries re progress of application. Since being fitted no correspondence received re bp pulse card. No registration accepted for Smartcharge App
Although you installed promptly, the unit became unusable before I’d even picked up my ev, the over/ under voltage module started switching off/on repeatedly through the night making the contactor go off/on waking everyone up. I contacted your service dept that day(Saturday)with promises of a return call Monday morning,didn’t happen,a further call to service dept late Monday and another promised call backback the following morning,still no returned call,an email was sent of the your service dept that night but as of time of writing this review no contact from BP has been forthcoming😤. So,now I have my ev but I’m unable to charge it via the charge point you installed.
yeah not bad. I am glad I didn't pay for any of it - The delays were long but when things finally happened they did fairly quickly. Had insolation switch installed a week early and then the charger a few days later. The tradesman were great and the workmanship is top notch. But now I am waiting for my login details for the portal - Told 3-6 days well it's been over that so I have no idea what they are doing but it's annoying me now.
It has taken 3 months to get a date for the installation, I had sent through all of the required photos and information and had chased repeatedly. Eventually Mohammed contacted me (after I had gone back to the dealer to ask for a complaint escalation). I re-sent exactly the same photos and he was able to arrange everything within 48 hours! He left it that the Bookings team would be in contact with me within days, I contacted him 10 days later as I hadn't heard anything, he confirmed that they had booked to do the work tomorrow and so I have had to take emergency leave to be at home when they arrive. Mohammed has been excellent but overall a very poor service,
Terrible procedures in place. First of all no progress on my order until I started phoning and chasing. When I did get to speak to someone about the install, in fairness they were excellent and moved things along. This did however take a number of calls at each stage of the process. Painful but got there in the end. The fitting of charger box by third party company was initially a disaster as they scheduled in the fitting for a Friday morning and then never showed up on the day. I phoned a couple of hours after they were due to arrive and they said there had been an admin mix up and in fairness they suggested to come out on the Sunday to install. I have to say this was an good resolution and then the electrician did an excellent installation. After the installation I was given a pack of information about how to use the wall box including some basic and inadequate instructions on the Smartcharge app. There were no details on how to register, and the app didn't have a register option either. I spent hours trying to resolve this and made several calls to BP, resetting my BP passwords, reinstalling the app etc. To no avail. their customer service was useless as they didn't have any idea how to help and merely said they would pass on my case to someone else. I still have not heard anything back. However, 3 days after the install I receive a welcome email, which enables me to login and access the app. Everything now works but why on earth could they not tell me that I needed to wait for an email and I would have saved myself hours of chasing and frustration. Think very hard before using BP! This is an amateur operation from what should be a top tier company.
Great when you are lucky enough to get it fitted Laborious process Did half the job myself !!!! Trying to download the app too difficult Not sure yet if the App actually works !!
Inefficient service, especially after approval for charge point granted- had to contact you several times to get installation date. Instructions were unclear and a mystery to 2 qualified e!electricians. Your non ReD requirement is illegal in N. Ireland. One star would have sufficed. However, the subcontracted who finally installed the charge point was excellent, hence 2 stars.
unfortunately so far not very happy. After first installation the charger burned as well as cable. Took some weeks to reinstall, yet had to wait further 2 weeks for cable only to discover it does not work, now waiting another three weeks, customer service people try to help, but seemingly they miss people / are understaffed. Hard to ever get through in less than 20 min and sometimes not even getting a response to email.
The pre-installation and installation of the unit was excellent but I am very underwhelmed with the after service. I have had to phone on a few occasions to chase up a maintenance defect with the unit. There was an error with my first call which resulted in no app ref generated. I then had to chase a week later at which point this issue was sorted. I then had to chase for a date for the repairs. I then received a date which was 3 weeks after the initial issue. This is unacceptable when you rely on the unit to power your car. When I sent an email back to the lady querying the date I had no reply or confirmation and now I am left in limbo. Disappointed
Poor website Very slow to install I have no idea about how I might charge elsewhere No written info left after installation Installed a cable that was too short for my situation so he’d to spend a further £250 to get an extension No indication of what the costs in use might be
my charge master didn't work its been 1 week no body phone to fix it no good company void at all cost .
This is my second review following on from my first few weeks ago. I have had no issues with customer service, can’t fault them but the charger has not worked, makes a clanking noise in the voltage detection box, was told it was my new Mercedes until I tested my car at my next door neighbours and tested his Golf at mine with same issue. Now im waiting for to get this outdated inferior charger fixed. Also the app is a total joke, if you check the reviews on appstore and google there is not one single review stating the app works, nothing works on the app, it almost like Bp Chargemaster came up with this app just to make their chargers smart enabled in order to be eligible for the Olev grant! i will be writing to them to test this app out and read the reviews and reconsider if they are eligible!
BP pulse is rated 4.13 based on 3,667 reviews