BP Chargemaster Reviews

+44 (0)1582 400 331

sales@bpchargemaster.com

500 Capability Green

Tell us how BP Chargemaster made you happy
When I first contacted BP Chargemaster I was asked to send details of my car which I did. In fact I sent a copy of my purchase contract which had all the details on there including the registration number. I was then contacted by them by phone and when I asked how much it was going to be I was told that I wouldn't have to pay anything for it which I was delighted with and very surprised. I then spent the next 2 months going back and forth with various pieces of information and being told each time I send one piece of information that I now needed something else. This became very frustrating and it would have saved a lot of time and stress if the different departments spoke to each other. Finally all documents were sent and a date was agreed. I was then asked how I was going to pay for it!!!!! Explained that I was told that I didn't need to pay anything but was then told it's a 2nd hand car which they would have noted from the very beginning so I had to pay. Not happy but despite complaining nothing was done about it. So train your call handlers or at least monitor those that don't know their stuff.
I have found the customer service to be very poor. Slow to respond to issues and always seems to throw obstacles in the way before finding a solution. For example, my current issue I have to wait at least 3 days before someone from the Home Charge team phones me back.
Installation went well but developed a fault trying to get on touch with customer service is a nightmare.i will review again after fault is rectified.
Buearocratic process and different contacts led to lots of confusion and delay.
despite very nice people involved, including the person who installed the charger, the process that we went through to get this installed was painful. it literally took months and involved countless phone calls, emails and letters and paperwork. is it purposefully difficult to avoid government benefits being used?
This is my second chargemaster installation - all ok with the first so now onto the second, installation all ok but since the install 2 weeks ago the device has had to be reset twice (power turned off and wait 20 seconds before powering on again) leaving the car not charged overnight two times ! In 2 weeks. Never had this problem with the last charger but this is a new “smart” one, so less than impressed !
Process began on 6th August. Installation of tethered point went ok but we are now at 10th November and the 'easy to use' app for keeping a check on how much electricity is used is still not up and running properly. Won't bore you with all the details but there have been a lot of emails!
I can best summarise the service I received from ChargeMaster as one of contrasts. The member of staff who was my initial contact with the company went on holiday for a couple of weeks but nobody seemed able to pick things up from him until, after some emails from me, a lady took picked up the job and suddenly things started to happen and, crucially for me, happen quickly. However, there still seemed to be a problem with what I took to be an admin team's ability to ensure that all the forms necessary to claim the government (OLEV) grant for the installation of the charging station had been sent to me. It seemed that things were just muddling along leaving me with a nice new electric vehicle but no fast charge facilities. If it hadn't been for the lady who finally took control of the situation and the excellent service provided by the installation engineer I think this review may have been rather less generous. However, the installation and associated admin are now complete and the charging unit is working extremely well.
The charge master worked intermittently at first and I had to switch in and off a few time’s on instructions. Your operative revisited. It still didn’t work. A second operative cane and told me the fuse was wrong and incorrectly wired After he finished it works properly
The unit has to be reset 3-5 times a week for it to connect to the car. Sometimes it connects automatically other times have to reset at the trip switch bu turning power on and off
The whole process was officious, inflexible and tedious. Trying to provide the amount of electrical information & photos became a joke. If only the person dealing with our case had mentioned that you were able to send an engineer for a prior survey would have solved the problem. Instead we were asked to get our own electrician to report on the information required. Please make your process user friendly-after all you are simply providing a electrical charging facility not some nuclear installation!
The ordering process too complicated. Had to re submit paperwork after six weeks. Charging unit unreliable. Often have to re set at mains to make it work. App not fit for purpose.
Since the home charger was installed the car has failed to charge 3 times now and I have to reset the unit every time. I called your helpline yesterday and was advised a technician would call me the same day. Still waiting for a call from the technician.
Have to reboot it most times to get it to work. Still awaiting engineer response to get it fixed.
The Chargemaster itself works well (Very Good), however the associated App is appalling and simply doesn't work. Full of bugs and prevents you controlling the Chargemaster device. It also doubles up on the charges and costs in 'History' and makes charges up? Finally, the App requires you to put the password in every time rather that face recognition or saved passwords. Come on BP, please sort this out!
Very slow and complicated process, lots of going back and forth. Had provided documents but these were not acknowledged straight away, delaying the process which was blamed on me when in fact it was because the member of staff hadn't kept up with their emails.
Since the unit has been installed and it’s never worked properly, very poor response from the chargemaster team. I wish i would’ve gone with another supplier.
Have to reboot after a 2 or 3 weeks use. App shows that I am plugged in when am not. After a charge it shows me still charging for 12 or more hours when I had it plugged in for only 2 hrs. Same story from customer support - Known issue trying to work on it. Not recommended.
Took ages sorting out fitting date. Now fitted, but unit is faulty. Your help line is useless ( keeps crashing). Have emailed three times now and still getting nowhere. Not even sure if it safe as I have to reset every night! Warning light still on!
Terrible service all round. No initiative shown by anyone, resulting in a rejection of my OLEV grant application.
BP Chargemaster is rated 4.30 based on 2,825 reviews