BP pulse Reviews

Read BP pulse Reviews

+44 (0)1582 400 331

sales@bpchargemaster.com

500 Capability Green, ,

Tell us how BP pulse made you happy
It’s a bit of a guessing game knowing what’s happening with the administrative process. There is no feedback when things have been completed. I had to chase up for everything to get over the line. Then a random request for payment with no explanation It was a secure website link but generated a request to subcontractor (Tomlinsons) that was the best part of the process Communication needs to be much better (2 stars for BP and 5 for Tomlinsons)
Customer service was OK, I wouldn't say brilliant communication. My charger is now fitted but I have to say it feels a little wobbly when I unplug my charging cable. I feel that I have to hold onto the charger, whilst removing the cable!
The car dealer from whom I ordered the car was very helpful and processed the BP order promptly. I provided all the necessary information and photos to BP within 24 hours, but BP unnecessarily involved SSEN DNO with my application and failed to progress SSEN with their (unnecessary) review. SSEN were extremely slow and needed continued chasing to come out and review my installation to confirm my 100A fuse was 100A. The SSEN told me that my meter tails needed to be 25mm; they were and the engineer was wrong, but otherwise he was polite. BP then lost the authorisation to proceed with the install, so I had to progress it for them. BP then unnecessarily tried to block my install as I insisted on a Type B RCD - they said none was necessary. I think they were trying to sell me an unnecessary isolating switch! I demanded they provide evidence that a Type B should not be used, and they eventually backed down after providing no evidence. I was threatened with no warranty if I changed their 6mm cable. The BP engineer performed the install in 90 mins, was polite and proficient; we debated the merits or otherwise of 6mm/10mm cable and his opinion was different to my electrician - even now I am unsure who is correct. The engineer install was the best and most professional aspect of the BP job. The charger construction is not particularly rigid, and far weaker than the Tesla charger I have. I have received NO certificates from BP.
The actual installation was done very professionally, neat and tidy job and good handover from the installer. However, the actual application process via the app on my phone was truly excruciating. 6-7 times I tried, getting to 60-70% complete only for the app to freeze and be sent back to the start again. Sent in several emails and phone calls about how best to proceed, nada. So had to transfer everything to my laptop to complete the application. Seems to be working fine now.
It took to long to install but the technican was brilliant I bought the car in early December it was all done in April too long
The Installation went well but I need a letter showing it was installed by somebody qualified for my landlord or they will get me to remove it
Sabbir Mohammed getting involved seemed the only way to get things sorted, prior to his involvement and when he was not working BP Chargemaster was a black hole
Very Nice Installation,but the unit kept tripping out,it took a couple of months to diagnose the problem.First a new unit was fitted,which didn't cure it,then they had to come out again to fit a new trip switch which has cured it.The app for scheldule charging is rubbish does not work on my mg ev.
Installed quickly once car was delivered are delay by covid. But since then, I have not been able to get follow up help. I work I. The Nhs and cannot sit in long ph queues
Is ok and does what it says
Chargemaster offered little help in determining possible siting of unit. Your electrician who came to fit it after I had spent heavily on another electrician wondered why he hadn't been asked to visit and survey the property, which would have saved me significant expense.
The charger unit itself works great. However, I would say that the process of arranging it all, including the government grant process was a frustrating. The team at BP Chargemaster are quite poor at keeping you up to date with the progress of the application. They need to work on their customer journey and experience.
Too fussy in the pre work preparation by a mile. I would have changed supplier if they hadn’t been paid for by my car supplier
Installation was delayed due to confusion over requirements for OLEV Grant form. Fitter did an excellent job, but still awaiting Part P Certificate. Unit sometimes has difficulty communicating with Server so strange things can happen with schedules. This was part of deal when buying new Renault Zoe.
Thanks for your feedback. I will ensure that the advisor you worked with contact you to supply whatever you need. Thanks, Andrew S
Fitter was efficient, polite and work to connect and position the charging unit was done with care. However booking process was a shambles and despite confirmation of arrival time in afternoon he was on my doorstep at 8am. My application included photos and a plan of the proposed route of the cabling and it was very clear that this was NOT just going to be run along the wall of the house - I ended up lifting block paving and digging a trench myself in order to have the cabling positioned where I wanted it (and to be clear I am a 50 year old woman and this is not how I was planning on spending my morning). I would hesitate to recommend you over a local firm.
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. I am sorry to read your description. I will ensure we look into the details of your application and get one of the team to call you . Thanks, Andrew S
I think they need to update their IT systems so that the information they hold on you is clearer to whoever is dealing with your case.
Very thorough survey of our house electric installation. Bit strange that, having insisted we fit a whole new consumer unit so that we could provide a circuit not protected by an RCD, Chargemaster then fitted their own RCD to the circuit for the charging socket. So there's a question why we needed to spend over £400 in addition to the £599 Chargemaster charged us.
Was told I needed to have a 32amp breaker put in before the engineers came.I did at a cost of £200. On arrival the first thing the engineer did was remove the new 32 amp breaker, because he had instructions to fit one, and replace it with an identical one! Which was included in the fitting charge. What a waste of £200 and a waste of my time- having to stay in to have the breaker put in to start with!!
The device is fine but the process of getting it fitted was difficult as we have a large house and needed a completely new supply to the garage The person who booked in the engineer had no technical knowledge so we were not aware of what was required until an engineer came to fit it. He couldn’t do it the first visit. It all ended up being much more expensive and time consuming than we expected
items work satisfactorily. Booking process had multiple changes to schedule. On site review led to much revised installation plan
BP pulse is rated 4.13 based on 3,672 reviews