BP Chargemaster Reviews

+44 (0)1582 400 331

sales@bpchargemaster.com

500 Capability Green

Tell us how BP Chargemaster made you happy
The process was somewhat drawn out and I had to chase progress on several occasions.
Fitting was good and efficient but the app and scheduling is poor and only works occasionally
Quite good convenient
App isn’t great at all
Got a home charger. Its done it's job, but it seems to require a restart every few weeks that once left me without charge before my commute.
The charging unit is satisfactory, however the amount of correspondence (email/photographs/telephone calls) to get to a stage where the charger could actually be installed seemed excessive and would probably put most people off getting a charger. I anticipated contacting Bp Chargemaster for them to give me an approximate charge, then for an electrician to turn up and do whatever they needed to do to install charger, then pay any additional costs, if any, once fitted.
Charger does not work correctly without a mobile phone connection. At least 5 times since installation(less than 3 months) I have found my car uncharged in the morning. The solution is to trip the fuse and reboot. This is not in a convenient place and is a real pain. I do not want or need a mobile connection/app data I just want my car charged when I need it.
Installer on the day was obliging and did a tidy job. Coordination from the office before the installation was not so helpful with poor communication between departments and staff and administrative oversights and errors.
The engineers where excellent. Came when planned and explained everything clearly. Did a really good, tidy job and checked everything worked before departing. My experience with the admin process was not good. The person in charge of the job was very helpful, but did not understand the technical points of the work. She went on leave in the middle of the process and no one told me she was away and no one was appointed to cover her absence. I had to contact my power provider for the information Chargemaster wanted. Chargemaster failed to send the required documentation to Western Power that they requested. When they eventually sent the form, I had to request a copy and forward it to the person at Western Power with whom I was in contact. I think the whole admin process could have been better handled from start to finish.
Installation good , but charger needs to be rebooted occasionally , I have emailed to check if this is normal , I was told someone will contact me . So far no one has been in touch
Information is poor on who is responsible for the installation.ie the meter upgrade the fuse upgrade, I had to deal with my energy company, power UK ,my own electrician and yourselves.
I was asked several times to supply the same information, photos etc that had already been sent. I was not informed of the need to earth the charger which made a big difference to where it could be installed. The installer who intended not have suitable equipment with him to bury the earth deep enough.
Service to fit the charger excellent. Back office to claim from Government very poor. They rang and emailed asking for VRN which was given. Then 4 weeks later rang to ask for it again. What ever happened to the original paper work with the VRN on it?
Good points: It was installed quickly and all personal costs have been refunded. Negative points: It took a very long time to get the installation scheduled. The app doesn't work and it doesn't seem to charge any faster.
Difficult to organise. Fiddly to use.
Happy with the neatness of the installation of the charger point, however, recently observed that the rails in the consumer unit were left excessively long allowing them to become partially trapped. (This has been rectified). I also am experiencing the charger “locking up” and not charging my vehicle till I perform a reset by powering the charge point down and back on again. This is not know till I get in to drive the car to find it hasn’t charged! The app for monitoring and controlling the charge point will not connect despite following the emailed instructions to the letter. To date I have not been able to resolve this with chargemaster.
The Smartcharge app is very unreliable when it comes to scheduling a charge
It’s ok, does the job. Others out there that are better. But wasn’t given a choice.
Ordering and having the Chargemaster fitted was easy and convenient. The charging station does what is says on the tin...except for the fact that it seems to hate the rain and needs re-booting whenever we have a torrential downpour, which can be a pain if you don't spot the fact it's having a hissy fit until you come to drive the car next!
The charger works, but the App is not recording usage and despite raising a ticket 322078 I have had no response in weeks from your team.
BP Chargemaster is rated 4.30 based on 2,825 reviews