Canada Travel Specialists Reviews

97% of reviewers recommend Canada Travel Specialists
02AM
2AM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact Canada Travel Specialists?

85 Oswald Street

Tell us how Canada Travel Specialists made you happy

Live Chat, Telephone, Email
Clare Partridge
"Amazing trip made all the more better by the efficiency of Canada Travel Specialists. Greg was our go to & no question was too daft. Everything was like clockwork and at no point did we find ourselves wondering what we should do next. It was all in our itinerary and the vouchers were all in order. Thank you Greg, thanks to you I had no worries."
Brian Calvert
"This is the first time I have used this company. I booked on-line with email communication from Gregg Penfold. Very pleased with the standard of service. All transfers worked out perfectly and there were no problems with any part of my itinerary - Dublin to Vancouver, Alaska cruise on Celebrity Infinity, Rocky Mountaineer train from Vancouver to Kamloops to Banff, and 4 nights in Calgary to visit the stampede in July. All queries I had were handled professionally by Gregg. I was informed of flight changes well in advance. The vouchers were easy to use - all transport was on time. The allocated hotels were good. The cruise was fine, especially viewing the Hubbard Glazier. But I have been on better ships than Infinity. The Rocky Mountaineer train was great, especially the fantastic scenery. But we had to wait one hour to let 3 very long goods trains pass by. The food, snacks and hosts were excellent. The day tour in Banff was my personal highlight. Awesome. Lake Louise is sparkling. Mountains fantastic. The Calgary Stampede was a great experience, especially the evening Grandstand show and fireworks display. Amazing. The “FlyOver Canada” simulated Flight Ride in Vancouver was absolutely brilliant and is to be recommended to everyone. I also hired out a bicycle for 5 hours and cycled around Stanley Park. I can thoroughly recommend this exciting holiday and this Scotland-based company (a part of Barrhead Travel)."
John Bennett
"We spent time in Banff, Jasper, on the Rocky Mountaineer for two days as well as Vancouver and Vancouver Island over a two week period. Adla had been fantastic in helping us put together an itinerary that would let us see the main sites but not feel we were moving hotels everyday... There were many highlights; seeing a wild bear on the Icefield Parkway (which conveniently came out of the woods for about 15 seconds while we were passing), the whale spotting trip from Victoria and the views and hospitality on the Rocky Moutaineer..... We may well go back to Canada as we enjoyed it so much and would certainly seek Adla's help again plus recommend the service to anyone considering a trip to Canada."
"Hannah put together an excellent itinerary for our visit to Nova Scotia, taking account of the time available and things we wanted to see as well as making good suggestions on how to get the best out of our trip. She was available during the trip when we needed some help e.g. the car rental company saying we needed to pay the full amount when we had already paid them a deposit. Everything was sorted out quickly and efficiently"
Are you Canada Travel Specialists? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"This was the second long haul holiday that Michelle at Barrhead Travel organised for us. Our previous trip to Canada was amazing, so we entrusted Michelle with our complete family holiday to Japan. What a good decision ! The whole trip far exceeded our expectations. Hotels were fantastic, guided trips were superb ... the travel all worked like clockwork. We saw more than we could have imagined and the value was outstanding. How can we top that ... easy ... just give Michelle another call and let her weave her holiday magic again for us. Thank you Michelle and all the Barrhead team. Amid the clamour and noise of the travel industry we have found the real professionals."
"good service delivered as promised - flights only"
"Adla has provided a very professional and friendly service. Although I wasnt sure what itinerary would suit our needs she was able to provide various options and suggestions to meet all our requirements particularly the Calgary stampede and the Rocky Mountaineer. The arrangements she secured were second to none and we cannot recommend her service highly enough."
"Fab company! Gregory was a huge help, listening to what we were looking to do then helping to put an itinerary together which allowed us to cram in so much. We would definitely recommend Canada Travel Specialists 👌🏻🇨🇦"
"I have just booked a holiday with Canada Travel and I must say I was most impressed by Adla. I know it’s her job but she helped me so much. She was never phased or objected to all the phone calls and alterations I made. I would recommend this travel agent to anyone."
"Thanks to the endlessly patient and helpful Scott at Barrhead Travel we had exactly the holiday we'd hoped for at a much lower price than we'd expected! Flights, car hire and above all the wonderful trip on the Rocky Mountaineer which was perfection."
"Adla has been just perfect. The holiday we have booked is a very special one in memory of my parents. Adla walked me through all the options with so much knowledge ,kindness and patience. I couldn’t have asked for better. Thankyou so much."
"Well, what can I say, apart from thank you so much for arranging such a fantastic holiday for me and my friend. We had an unbelievably wonderful holiday. Everything organised and taken care of. The Rocky Mountaineer was a trip of a lifetime and being upgraded at each hotel was the icing on the cake. We saw quite a lot of wildlife, elk, a cow moose with calf, a black bear, beavers, bighorn sheep and bald eagles. Sophie arranged everything to our satisfaction, including the 2 day stopover in Victoria on Vancouver Island. The Laurel Point hotel was ideally situated and our room overlooked part of the inner harbour. As I said, the trip of a lifetime. Thank you so much Sophie for organising our wonderful holiday."
"Everything went very smoothly, including the flights. I enjoyed the Cruise to Alaska very much. The Volendam was very nice as were the staff and food. The Rosedale Suites in Vancouver were very nice although the Restaurant was average. Some of the restaurants round about were take-away and I had to walk quite a bit to find a decent one but otherwise a good holiday which I would recommend to anyone."
"Sophie King was very understanding on our specific requirements and changes were made on several occasions to accommodate us, nothing was to much trouble and was dealt with very effectively, these people know what they are doing when it comes to touring Canada."
"Nothing was a bother for Sophie from Canada Travel Specialists based in Glasgow City Centre, every time we spoke to her and she always remained professional throughout. She was an absolute delight to deal with and played a major part in making sure our trip was perfect! We left it up to her to book our accommodation after telling her what we were looking for at the time of our enquiry, every hotel we stayed in was perfect for our needs and not too far from all the main spots we wanted to see. Everything was great with our transport booked with Sophie also, trains/flights were easy and travel to and from each destination was seam-less as you’d promised at the time of booking. There were no unexpected, hidden charges (which I was expecting as that’s happened to me with travel agents before) as she had prepped us that our luggage would cost extra for the flights and that was all. Considering we walked into the branch and wanted to travel from one side of Canada to the other on a budget, Sophie wasn’t phased at all and explained to us the best way to make our vision a reality. We had the most fabulous, stress-free trip so thank you to Sophie for making that possible as it was all down to Sophie's great service."
"We just wanted to let you know that we had an awesome holiday in Canada.  The itinerary and accommodation exceeded our expectations and we cannot thank Adla Toal enough for the work she did to make our holiday the most fantastic experience and left us with a lifetime of memories for hubby's 60th birthday.  We were a little anxious with so many transfers and trips that something would go wrong but it didn't .. thanks to Adla and her exemplary planning on our behalf.  Every aspect of the itinerary was exceptional and we enjoyed ourselves to the maximum. Once again a massive thank you Adla and you can rest assured that we will be booking with you again in the near future to visit Canada again."
"Friendly and very helpful service from Adla. Nothing was too much for her and my holiday went very smoothly. Even though the package to Churchill, Manitoba was with Just You, I wanted to stay on in Toronto longer than the time stated and also not to stay in a hotel (my son and his family live there) Adla arranged all the details for me including a direct flight back to Glasgow instead of via Heathrow as it should have been. I had a wonderful time both in Churchill (I did see several polar bears) and in Toronto with my family. My previous dealings with Barrhead Travel (Ayr) in 2014 were not satisfactory so I was delighted that Adla was so pleasant and helpful."
"Everything was organised as promised we had a wonderful holiday."
"Brilliant, personal service. We booked a self drive tour of the Rockies and Vancouver Island for our honeymoon and had the most fantastic time. All the hotels exceeded expectations and the activities they suggested were all great additions which we might not otherwise have done. Would definitely book with them again."
"Just returned from a holiday in Banff, Vancouver and Vancouver Island. This was just the best ever and I can't sing the praises of your company highly enough. We took the Rocky Mountaineer Gold Leaf from Banff to Vancouver and then a few days self-drive on Vancouver Island (Victoria to Ucluelet). It would be difficult to pick out the highlights of this tour - the Rocky Mountaineer is a unique experience, as is the Lakes and Waterfalls tour in Banff. Grouse Mountain in Vancouver is also terrific, especially the ski-lift to the top! Seaplane ride in Victoria is also great. So many things to do! When we first approached Adla to give us some advice on our holiday in British Columbia we really didn't have a clue where to start! I feel that we were really lucky that it was Adla who put our holiday together: she was incredibly enthusiastic and pro-active in her suggestions of where to stay and what to do, arranging some very good hotels and great excursions. This made our first experience of Canada so positive that we really feel we need to get back there soon! We hit on your company quite by accident via Google, but feel that we've found a travel company that is really superb and which we will come back to. We would have no hesitation in recommending you. Well done, especially Adla!"
"Worked with us to pull together the schedule we wanted - a wonderful trip to Canada, the Rockies and an Alaska cruise (rather than an organised trip - although they do very nice ones of those too). Very helpful and responsive during the planning stages. All the arrangements worked smoothly when we were out there. Will use them again for other holidays. Thoroughly recommend them and Canada/Alaska."
"usually used a local travel company in Essex but price quoted was a lot more than what we wanted to pay, so we shopped around and spoke to Gregory at Barrhead travel Glasgow. told him what we wanted, business class on plane, Calgary stampede, rocky mountaineer gold leaf from Jasper to Vancouver and more excursions, his price came back a lot cheaper than our local T/A, plus he added a Alaskan cruise at the end with a drinks package and $300.00 to spend on the ship. and still it was cheaper than our T/A and also included 7 more days with the added excursions. i must admit i was a bit skeptical about the price and the amount he was quoting. I did pester him with lots of phone calls, he always answered my calls and questions with no problems. he is a very knowledgeable man and nothing was to much trouble. everything we did was first class and finished with a stretch limo to the airport {just me and the wife in the car}. Greg did us proud would definitely use Barrhead again but ask for Gregory"
"The trip was well but together by Greg Penfold for us it all went well without a hitch. The journey through the Rockies was lovely,and the Stampede at Calgary was very good but may not be for the disabled lots of walking in the show ground.But found after you could hire out a buggy something the company could look at.? But fantastic great value for the money."
Canada Travel Specialists is rated 4.85 based on 266 reviews