Canada Travel Specialists Reviews

97% of reviewers recommend Canada Travel Specialists
Live Chat, Telephone, Email

How would you rate Canada Travel Specialists ?

Clare Partridge
"Amazing trip made all the more better by the efficiency of Canada Travel Specialists. Greg was our go to & no question was too daft. Everything was like clockwork and at no point did we find ourselves wondering what we should do next. It was all in our itinerary and the vouchers were all in order. Thank you Greg, thanks to you I had no worries."
Brian Calvert
"This is the first time I have used this company. I booked on-line with email communication from Gregg Penfold. Very pleased with the standard of service. All transfers worked out perfectly and there were no problems with any part of my itinerary - Dublin to Vancouver, Alaska cruise on Celebrity Infinity, Rocky Mountaineer train from Vancouver to Kamloops to Banff, and 4 nights in Calgary to visit the stampede in July. All queries I had were handled professionally by Gregg. I was informed of flight changes well in advance. The vouchers were easy to use - all transport was on time. The allocated hotels were good. The cruise was fine, especially viewing the Hubbard Glazier. But I have been on better ships than Infinity. The Rocky Mountaineer train was great, especially the fantastic scenery. But we had to wait one hour to let 3 very long goods trains pass by. The food, snacks and hosts were excellent. The day tour in Banff was my personal highlight. Awesome. Lake Louise is sparkling. Mountains fantastic. The Calgary Stampede was a great experience, especially the evening Grandstand show and fireworks display. Amazing. The “FlyOver Canada” simulated Flight Ride in Vancouver was absolutely brilliant and is to be recommended to everyone. I also hired out a bicycle for 5 hours and cycled around Stanley Park. I can thoroughly recommend this exciting holiday and this Scotland-based company (a part of Barrhead Travel)."
John Bennett
"We spent time in Banff, Jasper, on the Rocky Mountaineer for two days as well as Vancouver and Vancouver Island over a two week period. Adla had been fantastic in helping us put together an itinerary that would let us see the main sites but not feel we were moving hotels everyday... There were many highlights; seeing a wild bear on the Icefield Parkway (which conveniently came out of the woods for about 15 seconds while we were passing), the whale spotting trip from Victoria and the views and hospitality on the Rocky Moutaineer..... We may well go back to Canada as we enjoyed it so much and would certainly seek Adla's help again plus recommend the service to anyone considering a trip to Canada."
"Nothing was a bother for Sophie from Canada Travel Specialists based in Glasgow City Centre, every time we spoke to her and she always remained professional throughout. She was an absolute delight to deal with and played a major part in making sure our trip was perfect! We left it up to her to book our accommodation after telling her what we were looking for at the time of our enquiry, every hotel we stayed in was perfect for our needs and not too far from all the main spots we wanted to see. Everything was great with our transport booked with Sophie also, trains/flights were easy and travel to and from each destination was seam-less as you’d promised at the time of booking. There were no unexpected, hidden charges (which I was expecting as that’s happened to me with travel agents before) as she had prepped us that our luggage would cost extra for the flights and that was all. Considering we walked into the branch and wanted to travel from one side of Canada to the other on a budget, Sophie wasn’t phased at all and explained to us the best way to make our vision a reality. We had the most fabulous, stress-free trip so thank you to Sophie for making that possible as it was all down to Sophie's great service."
"We just wanted to let you know that we had an awesome holiday in Canada.  The itinerary and accommodation exceeded our expectations and we cannot thank Adla Toal enough for the work she did to make our holiday the most fantastic experience and left us with a lifetime of memories for hubby's 60th birthday.  We were a little anxious with so many transfers and trips that something would go wrong but it didn't .. thanks to Adla and her exemplary planning on our behalf.  Every aspect of the itinerary was exceptional and we enjoyed ourselves to the maximum. Once again a massive thank you Adla and you can rest assured that we will be booking with you again in the near future to visit Canada again."
"Friendly and very helpful service from Adla. Nothing was too much for her and my holiday went very smoothly. Even though the package to Churchill, Manitoba was with Just You, I wanted to stay on in Toronto longer than the time stated and also not to stay in a hotel (my son and his family live there) Adla arranged all the details for me including a direct flight back to Glasgow instead of via Heathrow as it should have been. I had a wonderful time both in Churchill (I did see several polar bears) and in Toronto with my family. My previous dealings with Barrhead Travel (Ayr) in 2014 were not satisfactory so I was delighted that Adla was so pleasant and helpful."
"Everything was organised as promised we had a wonderful holiday."
"Brilliant, personal service. We booked a self drive tour of the Rockies and Vancouver Island for our honeymoon and had the most fantastic time. All the hotels exceeded expectations and the activities they suggested were all great additions which we might not otherwise have done. Would definitely book with them again."
"Just returned from a holiday in Banff, Vancouver and Vancouver Island. This was just the best ever and I can't sing the praises of your company highly enough. We took the Rocky Mountaineer Gold Leaf from Banff to Vancouver and then a few days self-drive on Vancouver Island (Victoria to Ucluelet). It would be difficult to pick out the highlights of this tour - the Rocky Mountaineer is a unique experience, as is the Lakes and Waterfalls tour in Banff. Grouse Mountain in Vancouver is also terrific, especially the ski-lift to the top! Seaplane ride in Victoria is also great. So many things to do! When we first approached Adla to give us some advice on our holiday in British Columbia we really didn't have a clue where to start! I feel that we were really lucky that it was Adla who put our holiday together: she was incredibly enthusiastic and pro-active in her suggestions of where to stay and what to do, arranging some very good hotels and great excursions. This made our first experience of Canada so positive that we really feel we need to get back there soon! We hit on your company quite by accident via Google, but feel that we've found a travel company that is really superb and which we will come back to. We would have no hesitation in recommending you. Well done, especially Adla!"
"Worked with us to pull together the schedule we wanted - a wonderful trip to Canada, the Rockies and an Alaska cruise (rather than an organised trip - although they do very nice ones of those too). Very helpful and responsive during the planning stages. All the arrangements worked smoothly when we were out there. Will use them again for other holidays. Thoroughly recommend them and Canada/Alaska."
"usually used a local travel company in Essex but price quoted was a lot more than what we wanted to pay, so we shopped around and spoke to Gregory at Barrhead travel Glasgow. told him what we wanted, business class on plane, Calgary stampede, rocky mountaineer gold leaf from Jasper to Vancouver and more excursions, his price came back a lot cheaper than our local T/A, plus he added a Alaskan cruise at the end with a drinks package and $300.00 to spend on the ship. and still it was cheaper than our T/A and also included 7 more days with the added excursions. i must admit i was a bit skeptical about the price and the amount he was quoting. I did pester him with lots of phone calls, he always answered my calls and questions with no problems. he is a very knowledgeable man and nothing was to much trouble. everything we did was first class and finished with a stretch limo to the airport {just me and the wife in the car}. Greg did us proud would definitely use Barrhead again but ask for Gregory"
"The trip was well but together by Greg Penfold for us it all went well without a hitch. The journey through the Rockies was lovely,and the Stampede at Calgary was very good but may not be for the disabled lots of walking in the show ground.But found after you could hire out a buggy something the company could look at.? But fantastic great value for the money."
"We planned the trip of a lifetime with Barrhead and it certainly was that. The trip was brilliant and the company magnificent, no stone was left unturned. Our contact was Hannah who was brilliant, she arranged everything for us and took away any worries we might have had. She and Barrhead were wonderful. And no I do not have links to the company or know anyone that works there, we live in the south of England. I recommend using this company if you want to travel to Canada or anywhere else. Thank you Hannah."
"They came up with everything we asked for and more."
"Just finished an alaska cruise, rocky mountaineer journey and calgary stampede trip with CTS. The trip was excellent and everything worked like clockwork, with all transfers working without hitch. Gregory Penfold of CTS was very helpful, and arranged that our stampede tickets to be varied so that we could a visit the drumheller dinosaur museum, which is probably the best in world, but is about 50mi from Calgary. We would recommend CTS to anyone"
"We have just returned from a brilliant holiday in Canada, starting in Vancouver, then the Rocky Mountaineer to Jasper. Onwards to Banff and ending up in Calgary for the Stampede! From a very rough outline, our Travel Specialist May Malcom organised an amazing itinerary for us and everything that May recommend, from flight deals, hotels, excursions etc were first class. Nothing was too much trouble and May was even able to sort out a room and tickets for the Calgary Stampede for our daughter who had made her own way to Canada. CTS are an excellent company and I have already recommended them to friends and I cannot speak too highly of May, a wonderful travel specialist, who really cares and listens to the customers requests"
"This is my direct email to Scott McMillan at CTS following our recent ten day trip (Vancouver, then seven nights in an RV across to Jasper/Banff National Parks and back to Vancouver). A rather over-ambitious driving itinerary on my part, but everything booked by CTS - accommodation, transfers, RV hire, flights etc - was spot-on and we'll definitely be going back.. "Hi Scott..Great trip, thank you.. The only downside was the driving itinerary I’d come up with..! Seven days was really not enough time to cover the 2500-odd kms from Vancouver up to Whistler, across to Jasper, down to Banff and back to Vancouver. It didn’t allow anywhere near enough time to get out, enjoy the outdoors and spend time getting to know places. But that was down to us – we did at least see a lot (from the RV!) and know where to go/what to see properly when we go back. But everything else – flights, accommodation, the Canadream RV etc were really great. All went really smoothly – no nasty surprises when booking in/organising transfers etc, so thanks for all that. Specifically, Canadream were really great to deal with – pickup and drop-off was really easy, efficient and the standard/presentation of the RV was spot-on. And we were really pleasantly surprised by Air Transat. The planes felt brand-new, remarkably comfortable and the crew were great. Having done a long-haul red-eye on Delta back from LA a year or two ago, which was pretty disappointing, I was prepared for it to feel a bit “budget”, but it really didn’t. The Sandman Hotel in Vancouver turned out well too – although the first room we had (initial two nights of the trip) was a bit tired / in need of updating compared to the room we had on the last night (there are two separate ‘towers’ in the hotel and we were in the newer on the final night).. But staff were great, bar/restaurant were fine and it’s a really good location for downtown/Gastown/Canada Place etc etc. So all good – thanks for your efforts in getting everything booked so efficiently. We’ll definitely be back, but will split future trips into less hours on the road..""
"We really had an excellent holiday in Canada. The itinerary that was put together by Adla really fitted very well. Our Rocky Mountaineer trip was definitely the highlight of the journey. The scenery you pass through is fabulous and the service on the train is outstanding. Our two excursions in Banff which were suggested by Adla were really good and well organised(even experienced a snow storm on top of Sulphur Mountain). Would have also liked to visit the glacier but just did not have enough time. The Air Canada flights all went well and were on time although the Air Canada check in process seemed a bit chaotic at times but this is not a fault of CTS! Altogether we had a most enjoyable and if we were to undertake a similar trip in the future would certainly try the services of CTS again Thank you!"
"Nothing was too much trouble. The entire service was 1st class from start to finish"
"CTS made the planning of our entire holiday very easy. From the minute Adla responded to my email request for info ! Adla listened to our ideas and wishes and came back with an itinerary that we went through and tweaked together. Not easy on a conference call between 5people! Every aspect of our trip was planned and booked through...all we had to do was turn up in the right spot at the right time! I would recommend holidaying in Canada and Alaska as we did to anyone. I would also recommend CTS to anyone as they certainly knew their topic and obviously have the contacts. We had a wonderful holiday."
Canada Travel Specialists is rated 4.85 based on 255 reviews