Canada Travel Specialists Reviews

Canada Travel Specialists 5 star review on 10th July 2018
David S
Canada Travel Specialists 5 star review on 2nd July 2018
Trevor & Wendy Healy
Sophie King was absolutely brilliant in assisting booking our Canadian Adventure, however it was not to be. Scott helped in refunding all of our money which has duly been returned.. It took a little longer than usual however we understood that.
We are hoping to re book when possible and will have no hesitation in using Barrhead Travel.. Very professional
Whilst our recent planned Canada holiday was unfortunately cancelled, I was kept up to date with the situation by Scott McMillan at Barrhead and as a result had no hesitation in simply rebooking for 2021. Scott was great to deal with and we added extra dates with no hassle. In these difficult times the communication was excellent. We will be contacting Scott again as restrictions are lifted.
Two weeks ago, I left a one-star review. Since then, Canada Travel Speialists have been superb in dealing with our refund. We have always understood their plight, with income slashed, staff on furlough, and masses of refunds and money to process, and have sympathised. But having heard nothing for several months, I didn't know what else to do and was losing faith. After a lengthy phone call, I am now convinced they are trying their absolute hardest and have the best intentions in a seriously difficult situation. I regret the one-star review (I will delete it as soon as Reviews.io respond and allow me to) because I now feel this company is seeing its reputation suffer when it is working so hard to stay afloat. We hope one day to be able to make our long and complicated Canada trip and would make Canada Travel Specialists our first choice of agent.
They booked the original holiday efficiently and then dealt with the one year postponement due to the virus equally so. We had heard so much negative publicity regarding travel firms in the press, but I cannot fault how this firm dealt with our booking
Given the peculiar circumstances endured this year, we are very pleased with the way our booking has been handled and transferred until next year. Adla in particular has been extremely helpful, not just in the original booking but also with the rescheduling.
We had the holiday of a lifetime booked for September this year but due to Covid19 with he help of Adla Toal we have now been able to re-book for the same time next year with some added upgrades which has helped with the disappointment Adla has gone out of her way phoning and emailing to keep us informed of how we can now look forward to the holiday we have missed out on this year. We were not able to get anyone to answer fro Barrhead for the last three months so the call from Adla was very welcome and we have now thanks to Adla have our trip next year to look forward to at the same price of our original booking.
Tony & Norma Ungi
Have re booked our holiday today as we were going out in September, but because of Covid we did not think we could enjoy holiday because of restriction. Going on Rocky Mountaineer for birthday celebration.
So would like to thank Vickie Miah for help to sort it out for us.
Booked holiday to Canada with Rocky Mountain train a year a ago. Due to travel in June this year. Obviously couldn't go due to Covid.
Our rep with Canada Travel Specialists was Adla Toal. She went the extra mile to ensure that we were given options to re book or get our refund (including personal phone calls at home. Received our refund today which is 20 days after our scheduled travel date.
I know that they needed to deal rescheduling or re booking with up to 40,000 holidays, so to receive our refund so soon was exceptional. Thank you Adla for a your exceptional customer service.
Adla has been more than helpful on finding us our original Trip to Canada and also the re booking of our trip next year. Always bubbly and polite she has been a great contact for us to have with all the issues the country has had this year. Nowadays you are waiting for an e-mail for a long time, but Adla is on the ball giving updates and precise pricing and does her best to try and add on different trips and make your holiday bespoke to the individual.
we booked for a canadian trip inc toronto// vancouver// rocky mountaineer//and an alaskan cruise .But due to covid 19 we had to rebook .Canada travel and ADLA TOAL in particular sorted our trip and rebooked the same holiday for same date 2021 no problem whatsoever and same price super service we were kept informed all the time thanks again Adla
Dave and Shirley goater 5 Stars all way
We have found Adla to be extremely helpful in re-booking our trip for next year. The prices for 2020 have been upheld, so no extra cost for booking our trip again next year. We made some changes to our itinerary that Adla has done efficiently for us. We are still waiting for our refund from the holiday we couldn't take this year but understand that this is a huge undertaking for the company. We would certainly recommend Canada Travel Specialists for their service and efficiency.
Despite the disappointment of not being able to go to the Calgary Stampede and take the Rocky Mountain trip we had planned in 2020, Sophie King has rearranged it all for 2021 for the same price, even managed to get us some upgraded rooms. Thanks Sophie for responding promptly.
We had a holiday booked for this September 20, but with all that is going on, we felt it best to postpone until next year, with Michelle Holt getting back to work, she has this all sorted for us, with a few added extras which we appreciate and is in constant contact with me, which is really appreciated, and now looking forward to our holiday next year, Thank you Michelle.
Our holiday was originally booked for May 2020 for a party of four. We had spent a considerable amount of time talking to Canada Travel Specialists before finalising details. It was very frustrating when early this year the Coronavirus problem became apparent and we became fearful of having to miss our trip. Once the cancellation was confirmed Anne Marie has been extremely helpful with organising the same itinerary for 2021, even adding a few treats not booked before. Given the difficulties organisations must be experiencing with the new ways of remote working I feel Canada Travel stepped up to the plate in an admirable fashion.
I have nothing but praise for this company.Adla has been marvellous in organising our holiday for next year due to the current situation.Thank you.
Adla was very supportive during this current crisis and as soon as she was able she rebooked everything for me. No fuss, no problem and positive reassurance. She got me a great holiday plan first time round and I am so pleased to be looking forward to the experience albeit a year later.
After delaying our golden wedding trip last year Adla helped us with Planing a holiday to Canada, Rocky Mountaineer train and a Cruise to Alaska this May, then the news that Travel for us of all would be cancelled until further notice. Adla has be helpful and professional and always available, within a few days she has been able to arrange the same trip next May with a few extras, she even gave me contact details of the airline who I’d book seats direct with, which was not available on the internet. I would certainly use Adla again and I would have no hesitation recommending Adle and her Company to my family and friends.
We had booked a holiday for 2020 and were delighted with all the help that we received from Adla Toal. She guided us through the process, helped us with changes that we made to the standard package and kept us informed all the way through. Adla is friendly, efficient and knowledgeable.
However, we were just finalising our payments when lockdown came and the holiday was then cancelled. We knew we still wanted to make this memorable trip and Adla has ensured that we have been able to secure the same trip for next year so we have re-booked.
We have a number of tradesmen that we know we can fully trust for plumbing, tiling, electrics and we feel the same way with Adla with regard to travel.
The scoring above is purely based on the professional, and knowledgeable, advice given by Adla Toal on the options available to us. It is a holiday we were very much looking forward too, before the Coronavirus struck everyone's lives, and in effect closed the World down. We have agreed to go next April, and hope we are then clear of the dreadful crisis.
We were so disappointed to miss out this year with a 60th birthday trip to Canada and the Rocky Mountaineer with my old school friends with the pandemic that swept in. But thanks to Adla who managed to sort all again for next year, even with a wee upgrade at one hotel and with no extra costs. She has been extremely helpful and calmed us all down. Would highly recommend and to top it all I am a year younger with missing out :)
Canada Travel Specialists is rated 4.70 based on 357 reviews