Canada Travel Specialists Reviews

Live Chat, Telephone, Email
Read Canada Travel Specialists Reviews

85 Oswald Street

Tell us how Canada Travel Specialists made you happy
We had a fabulous four weeks in Canada. Three nights in Calgary to visit the sights, three weeks in an RV and three nights back in Calgary to experience the Stampede, which was absolutely fantastic. The only drawback for us was having our base in Calgary centre. Had we known that Canadream do a free, or cheap shuttle, to and from the airport and airport hotels we would have opted for an airport hotel. As do the airport hotels but neither Canadream or The Sandman City Centre operated a shuttle service either into or out of the city. The C-Train runs by them all and for only $7 or so you can ride anywhere on the train or buses all day if you wished. Our journeys to and from Calgary centre would have cost us $28 altogether. Because we had to get taxis - airport to Sandman City Centre, Sandman City Centre to Canadream, Canadream to Sandman City Centre then Sandman City Centre to Airport on our last day. That's four taxi journeys at $50 each makes a total of $200 as opposed to $28 if we'd known about the C-Train which our 'Canada Travel Specialists should have known about. There were some hidden extras when we picked up our RV which again should have been pointed out beforehand. Also, it wasn't abundantly clear that we needed to book up the major campsites months in advance of travelling. We travelled in June and should have been booking up campsites certainly before the end of March. As it happened we were lucky and in many cases managed to acquire the very last site. Everything Barrhead Travel booked for us from the flights to the RV and accommodations were all spot on but I do think a little more advice about a) public transport b) booking up campsites and c) the hidden extras at Canadream we could expect, would have been much appreciated. However, we can thoroughly recommend a motorhome (RV) holiday in Canada. We did get to see quite a lot of wildlife at close quarters. Please Barrhead Travel just give your customers some vital information which can help them have a more fulfilled holiday. Afterall you are the 'CANADA SPACIALISTS'! Cheers
good service delivered as promised - flights only
Nothing was a bother for Sophie from Canada Travel Specialists based in Glasgow City Centre, every time we spoke to her and she always remained professional throughout. She was an absolute delight to deal with and played a major part in making sure our trip was perfect! We left it up to her to book our accommodation after telling her what we were looking for at the time of our enquiry, every hotel we stayed in was perfect for our needs and not too far from all the main spots we wanted to see. Everything was great with our transport booked with Sophie also, trains/flights were easy and travel to and from each destination was seam-less as you’d promised at the time of booking. There were no unexpected, hidden charges (which I was expecting as that’s happened to me with travel agents before) as she had prepped us that our luggage would cost extra for the flights and that was all. Considering we walked into the branch and wanted to travel from one side of Canada to the other on a budget, Sophie wasn’t phased at all and explained to us the best way to make our vision a reality. We had the most fabulous, stress-free trip so thank you to Sophie for making that possible as it was all down to Sophie's great service.
I have asked for an itinerary to be put together for a visit in 2019 and so far Sophie has been very helpful and taken on board my requests. We have booked our trip and with a few alterations we expect to have a wonderful time.
Really helpful whilst booking giving plenty of options. Michelle also offered very good advice because of her expert knowledge. Allowed us to plan what we wanted and then fit the holiday around us.
I was pleased when I contacted Barrhead when I was thinking of travelling to Canada. To my surprise Ann Marie was just not there to sell me a holiday, but to give me some good advise.I think my experience was enhanced by taking on board the advise.
Dedicated contact name for all our queries
Grand Mediterranean Cruise with Italian Lakes . Through Titan Travel.
Overall the trip was good but some points to note -Both flights with Air Transat were awful. Seats so narrow that I could hardly sit down, the extra leg room that I paid for was a joke, and the 'food' was unacceptable. The cabin staff are clearly embarrassed by the service offered because they hide away during the flight. -The Wall Centre Hotel looks magnificent and the views from windows superb but it took 90 minutes to check in and we were even given the keys to a room that someone was already occupying. They gave us a $75 credit to apologise and then on checkout tried to charge me for not only for the food I used the credit to have, but also added a gratuity that I expressly said I was not giving because the staff did not give a good service. -The Banff International Hotel was not brilliant either very dark room and couldn't serve breakfast because their computer was down! The Ptarmigan next door was much better and their breakfast is included in room rates. -Brewsters may need to look to their servicing of their fleet as we were left stranded on two consecutive days due to vehicle breakdown. This meant we had no time to look around Jasper centre and even worse we lost over 2 hours precious time at the Fairmont Chateau. I have emailed Brewsters regarding this loss and am disappointed that so far they have not even replied other than confirm my email address -Finally the lunch at Columbia Icefield was horrendous we had only 30 minutes before having to get on the Icefield bus and the buffet was a disorganised mess of very badly cooked dishes resembling the worst school meal I can remember Overall the trip was good but could have been superb if the above points had not arisen.
Adla put together a trip to celebrate my wife,s big birthday I could never have. Calgary stampede, the tour of the Rockies, a night at Fairmont lake louise, the stay in Vancouver with her sister were all memorable and she loved standing on Athabasca Glacier, marvelled at the views in the Rockies and was scared to death at Flyover Canada. Even the rain at the Stampede just made for greater fun.
The most fabulous holiday ever. We travelled from Calgary to Vancouver on a Rocky Mountaineer standard package trip which incorporated two and a half days on th RM (Gold leaf). The organisation for this trip by RM was second to none. I was in awe not only of the spectacular views and scenery but also of all the co-ordination and attention to detail afforded to us all. Everything was superb from the meals on the train to the accommodation on route - it could not have been any better. Well done to all the RM staff for their excellent service. Michelle from Barrhead travel booked this holiday for us adding little extras that made the trip even more special. Our thanks to her for her enthusiasm with regard to where we were going as she had first hand experience of our trip and the professional way it was handled from start to finish. Unfortunately our only disappointment was with Air Transit. How it can call itself a long haul airliner is beyond me. No legroom - appalling food - deplorable service. On our return journey the soft drinks trolley was brought around twice but with no offer of any hot drinks. When finally people requested tea or coffee on the second run they provided it individually from the back of the aircraft. What sort of service is that? I only mention this so that operators and agents are aware of how substandard this airline is. Nine hours is a long haul flight and needs a bit more attention than the short haul ones. This holiday was the best ever - would recommend Michelle and Barrhead travel to anyone travelling to Canada whatever your requirements.
My daughter and myself had a great holiday in Canada , visiting Toronto, Quebec and Montreal . Craig was most helpful with suggestions and with the organising of the trip .Apart from the hotel in Quebec ,which was a bit of a let down compared to the others we stayed in on our travels ,everything went to plan . I would definitely use Barrhead again and have recommended them already to friends .
everything was booked via email going back and forth for quotes etc. i advised what i was looking for and i was giving holidays and a price i booked and never looked back. so much so im looking at booking my next holiday with Barrhead
The logistics of the holiday were superbly put together, and everything went according to the busy itinerary we had. With the exception of The Chelsea Hotel in Toronto - which was a change to the original plan, and which we found to be very impersonal, staff not particularly helpful or friendly, and the rooms were 'very tired' - the hotels were all very good. We would definitely use Barrhead Travel for future holidays.
Excellent organisation and competent service. Our visit to Vancouver returning from Calgary was very good, a few downsides though: Deer Lodge at Lake Louise....Don't expect much and you won't be disappointed! We had a room upgrade as they were running late, if that was an upgrade I wouldn't want a standard room there! All other hotels were superb! Other grumble was Avis rent a car:We suffered a tyre blowout in the middle of nowhere, made it to a phone & called their emergency number.....told to return car to whistler (200 miles away), when I pointed out we were nearer to Kamloops they said to find a Canada tyre depot in Kamloops and get it sorted and Avis would refund. This we did and we are still awaiting our refund! Maybe other hire operators offer better back up? Hannah was brilliant in the organisation and keeping us updated prior to our holiday.
Well organised, competent service.
I was very pleased and impressed with the personal assistance I received when trying to book a non standard holiday. The price seems very reasonable and the speed of confirmation and the detail of the daily schedule was efficiently sent. Some of the detail of the holiday still needs to be sorted out and I hope I shall be as pleased with this element as I was with the initial work.
Make such vouchers are delivered at the start of the holiday.
Polite cheerful informative
Canada Travel Specialists always came back to me with answers to my questions and we were able to tailor our itinerary to suit our needs and our budget. The only gripe I would have is that they charge £1 fee to pay for the holiday! Is that really necessary? It's not the amount but the principal of being charged a fee to pay for something which I object to.
Canada Travel Specialists is rated 4.84 based on 308 reviews