Canada Travel Specialists Reviews

97% of reviewers recommend Canada Travel Specialists

Tell us how Canada Travel Specialists made you happy

Live Chat, Telephone, Email
Clare Partridge
"Amazing trip made all the more better by the efficiency of Canada Travel Specialists. Greg was our go to & no question was too daft. Everything was like clockwork and at no point did we find ourselves wondering what we should do next. It was all in our itinerary and the vouchers were all in order. Thank you Greg, thanks to you I had no worries."
Brian Calvert
"This is the first time I have used this company. I booked on-line with email communication from Gregg Penfold. Very pleased with the standard of service. All transfers worked out perfectly and there were no problems with any part of my itinerary - Dublin to Vancouver, Alaska cruise on Celebrity Infinity, Rocky Mountaineer train from Vancouver to Kamloops to Banff, and 4 nights in Calgary to visit the stampede in July. All queries I had were handled professionally by Gregg. I was informed of flight changes well in advance. The vouchers were easy to use - all transport was on time. The allocated hotels were good. The cruise was fine, especially viewing the Hubbard Glazier. But I have been on better ships than Infinity. The Rocky Mountaineer train was great, especially the fantastic scenery. But we had to wait one hour to let 3 very long goods trains pass by. The food, snacks and hosts were excellent. The day tour in Banff was my personal highlight. Awesome. Lake Louise is sparkling. Mountains fantastic. The Calgary Stampede was a great experience, especially the evening Grandstand show and fireworks display. Amazing. The “FlyOver Canada” simulated Flight Ride in Vancouver was absolutely brilliant and is to be recommended to everyone. I also hired out a bicycle for 5 hours and cycled around Stanley Park. I can thoroughly recommend this exciting holiday and this Scotland-based company (a part of Barrhead Travel)."
John Bennett
"We spent time in Banff, Jasper, on the Rocky Mountaineer for two days as well as Vancouver and Vancouver Island over a two week period. Adla had been fantastic in helping us put together an itinerary that would let us see the main sites but not feel we were moving hotels everyday... There were many highlights; seeing a wild bear on the Icefield Parkway (which conveniently came out of the woods for about 15 seconds while we were passing), the whale spotting trip from Victoria and the views and hospitality on the Rocky Moutaineer..... We may well go back to Canada as we enjoyed it so much and would certainly seek Adla's help again plus recommend the service to anyone considering a trip to Canada."
"Nothing was a bother for Sophie from Canada Travel Specialists based in Glasgow City Centre, every time we spoke to her and she always remained professional throughout. She was an absolute delight to deal with and played a major part in making sure our trip was perfect! We left it up to her to book our accommodation after telling her what we were looking for at the time of our enquiry, every hotel we stayed in was perfect for our needs and not too far from all the main spots we wanted to see. Everything was great with our transport booked with Sophie also, trains/flights were easy and travel to and from each destination was seam-less as you’d promised at the time of booking. There were no unexpected, hidden charges (which I was expecting as that’s happened to me with travel agents before) as she had prepped us that our luggage would cost extra for the flights and that was all. Considering we walked into the branch and wanted to travel from one side of Canada to the other on a budget, Sophie wasn’t phased at all and explained to us the best way to make our vision a reality. We had the most fabulous, stress-free trip so thank you to Sophie for making that possible as it was all down to Sophie's great service."
"I have asked for an itinerary to be put together for a visit in 2019 and so far Sophie has been very helpful and taken on board my requests. We have booked our trip and with a few alterations we expect to have a wonderful time."
"Really helpful whilst booking giving plenty of options. Michelle also offered very good advice because of her expert knowledge. Allowed us to plan what we wanted and then fit the holiday around us."
"I was pleased when I contacted Barrhead when I was thinking of travelling to Canada. To my surprise Ann Marie was just not there to sell me a holiday, but to give me some good advise.I think my experience was enhanced by taking on board the advise."
"Dedicated contact name for all our queries"
"Grand Mediterranean Cruise with Italian Lakes . Through Titan Travel."
"Overall the trip was good but some points to note -Both flights with Air Transat were awful. Seats so narrow that I could hardly sit down, the extra leg room that I paid for was a joke, and the 'food' was unacceptable. The cabin staff are clearly embarrassed by the service offered because they hide away during the flight. -The Wall Centre Hotel looks magnificent and the views from windows superb but it took 90 minutes to check in and we were even given the keys to a room that someone was already occupying. They gave us a $75 credit to apologise and then on checkout tried to charge me for not only for the food I used the credit to have, but also added a gratuity that I expressly said I was not giving because the staff did not give a good service. -The Banff International Hotel was not brilliant either very dark room and couldn't serve breakfast because their computer was down! The Ptarmigan next door was much better and their breakfast is included in room rates. -Brewsters may need to look to their servicing of their fleet as we were left stranded on two consecutive days due to vehicle breakdown. This meant we had no time to look around Jasper centre and even worse we lost over 2 hours precious time at the Fairmont Chateau. I have emailed Brewsters regarding this loss and am disappointed that so far they have not even replied other than confirm my email address -Finally the lunch at Columbia Icefield was horrendous we had only 30 minutes before having to get on the Icefield bus and the buffet was a disorganised mess of very badly cooked dishes resembling the worst school meal I can remember Overall the trip was good but could have been superb if the above points had not arisen."
"Adla put together a trip to celebrate my wife,s big birthday I could never have. Calgary stampede, the tour of the Rockies, a night at Fairmont lake louise, the stay in Vancouver with her sister were all memorable and she loved standing on Athabasca Glacier, marvelled at the views in the Rockies and was scared to death at Flyover Canada. Even the rain at the Stampede just made for greater fun."
"The most fabulous holiday ever. We travelled from Calgary to Vancouver on a Rocky Mountaineer standard package trip which incorporated two and a half days on th RM (Gold leaf). The organisation for this trip by RM was second to none. I was in awe not only of the spectacular views and scenery but also of all the co-ordination and attention to detail afforded to us all. Everything was superb from the meals on the train to the accommodation on route - it could not have been any better. Well done to all the RM staff for their excellent service. Michelle from Barrhead travel booked this holiday for us adding little extras that made the trip even more special. Our thanks to her for her enthusiasm with regard to where we were going as she had first hand experience of our trip and the professional way it was handled from start to finish. Unfortunately our only disappointment was with Air Transit. How it can call itself a long haul airliner is beyond me. No legroom - appalling food - deplorable service. On our return journey the soft drinks trolley was brought around twice but with no offer of any hot drinks. When finally people requested tea or coffee on the second run they provided it individually from the back of the aircraft. What sort of service is that? I only mention this so that operators and agents are aware of how substandard this airline is. Nine hours is a long haul flight and needs a bit more attention than the short haul ones. This holiday was the best ever - would recommend Michelle and Barrhead travel to anyone travelling to Canada whatever your requirements."
"My daughter and myself had a great holiday in Canada , visiting Toronto, Quebec and Montreal . Craig was most helpful with suggestions and with the organising of the trip .Apart from the hotel in Quebec ,which was a bit of a let down compared to the others we stayed in on our travels ,everything went to plan . I would definitely use Barrhead again and have recommended them already to friends ."
"everything was booked via email going back and forth for quotes etc. i advised what i was looking for and i was giving holidays and a price i booked and never looked back. so much so im looking at booking my next holiday with Barrhead"
"The logistics of the holiday were superbly put together, and everything went according to the busy itinerary we had. With the exception of The Chelsea Hotel in Toronto - which was a change to the original plan, and which we found to be very impersonal, staff not particularly helpful or friendly, and the rooms were 'very tired' - the hotels were all very good. We would definitely use Barrhead Travel for future holidays."
"Excellent organisation and competent service. Our visit to Vancouver returning from Calgary was very good, a few downsides though: Deer Lodge at Lake Louise....Don't expect much and you won't be disappointed! We had a room upgrade as they were running late, if that was an upgrade I wouldn't want a standard room there! All other hotels were superb! Other grumble was Avis rent a car:We suffered a tyre blowout in the middle of nowhere, made it to a phone & called their emergency number.....told to return car to whistler (200 miles away), when I pointed out we were nearer to Kamloops they said to find a Canada tyre depot in Kamloops and get it sorted and Avis would refund. This we did and we are still awaiting our refund! Maybe other hire operators offer better back up? Hannah was brilliant in the organisation and keeping us updated prior to our holiday."
"Well organised, competent service."
"I was very pleased and impressed with the personal assistance I received when trying to book a non standard holiday. The price seems very reasonable and the speed of confirmation and the detail of the daily schedule was efficiently sent. Some of the detail of the holiday still needs to be sorted out and I hope I shall be as pleased with this element as I was with the initial work."
"Make such vouchers are delivered at the start of the holiday."
"Polite cheerful informative"
"Canada Travel Specialists always came back to me with answers to my questions and we were able to tailor our itinerary to suit our needs and our budget. The only gripe I would have is that they charge £1 fee to pay for the holiday! Is that really necessary? It's not the amount but the principal of being charged a fee to pay for something which I object to."
Canada Travel Specialists is rated 4.85 based on 260 reviews