Calido Logs and Stoves Reviews

of reviewers recommend Calido Logs and Stoves
Courier, Own Driver
Read Calido Logs and Stoves Reviews

About Calido Logs and Stoves:

Supplier of premium quality kiln dried firewood, coal, peat, briquettes, Verdos & Stoves based at Bandeath Industrial Estate, Stirling. Delivering locally & nationally.

sales@calidologs.com

Unit 3a Bandeath Industrial Estate
Throsk

Tell us how Calido Logs and Stoves made you happy
I can only provide four stars - and they may merit Five...but we have purchased a ton of briquettes and some extra other things to throw on the fire.
[Peat-inspired night briquettes and 'Hotties' - do have a look at these.]Still untouched.
One pack of briquettes has been used so far and they have a lengthy burn time with a tiny amount of residue generated - remarkable!
The firm appear on the ball and the delivery was good
I haven't used the briquettes yet as not cold enough
Unfortunately some of my packs of logs were missing? Nothing to do with Calidologs more likely to do with delivery company. But the staff at calido logs sorted out replacements. Great product and service.
I ordered logs from Calido having found their briquettes to be very good. Unfortunately John Farrell (Calido owner) uses a third party delivery company, Palletline, who don’t have a good reputation. My delivery never turned up on said delivery day, nor did it turn up on the following day as agreed and to top it all communication does not exist. So your left in the dark. On the third attempt it was agreed that the delivery window would be between 2pm and 5pm which is achievable. Again no delivery until 7pm when I had a call to say driver is in my area. I am going out at that time and so reject the order.

My customer journey has not been good so far.

I contacted Calido to express my concerns, to be fair the problem was outside of their control. John Farrell was apologetic and did arrange for a special delivery through another Palletline depot and at a time that suited me. Job done we got there in the end and reputation restored.
I will still buy from Calido as their product is good but it is a reminder that a business does its best to provide a good customer service and an external service provider can potentially damage it.

Thanks again.
Dear Russ,

Thank you for your honest feedback, its a shame it took so long to get your order right and we are taking measures to ensure a better performance next time.

Kind Regards,

John Farrell
Calido Logs and Stoves
Easy to use web site, tracked delivery ( driver phoned me 30 mins before delivery) and well dried wood that burns well. Not as cheap as some but worth it, and you can buy mixed wood crates.
Customer services were excellent. Delivery, okay. Motorised pallet truck was useless. I know expense is involved but if a fork lift was used alot more people including the elderly and the vulnerable could take advantage of your excellent deals. I knew that the delivery couldn't be right upto the shed whatever the mode of transport, but I was not impressed that the delivery couldn't be brought a hell of alot closer. I am not a fit 64 year old, so shifting a 1000 kilos of briquettes over the amount of gravel I had to while the weather held with a sack truck wasn't an experience that I intend to repeat. Being told by the driver that splitting the load into half pallets, I felt wouldn't have made any difference. A week later and I still have knackered arms and back, but I did it.
I have ordered both bark and compost from Calido. They were were delivered really quick and the products were great quality.
Good website easy to use. Fast delivery good product
Ordered compost mid day Sunday delivered buy 5pm monday evening to the end of my drive, great service
Calido were very efficient, the glass cleaning pad was delivered promptly.
Nice logs at a decent price *****
The logs are excellent as always but I went for larger pallet this time and its just a bit too big for my space. I was hoping it would be taller rather than wider.
Easy to order, delivered on time exactly where wanted. All good
I struggled a little with the web site but got there, and enjoying my fuel.
Bought a trial pack to see how good these are compared with seasoned hardwood. Very impressed with the product but I probably need to find a way of halving them for use in my stove. The temperature very quickly rose on the gauge to 450C, too hot for an optimum balance between burn time and heat. Any advice on how to easily split the briquettes would be greatly appreciated.
I have had this type of briquette before and was hoping these would be similar which they are Service and delivery very good will definitely be buying again
1. The order process was easy. We ordered 3 packs of hotties which arrived when you said they would.

2. However and no fault of Calido, the delivery driver complained strongly about the weight of the package. He demanded twice to know what was in the package. We declined due to a matter of privacy.

3. The driver stated quite emphatically that if he had known how heavy the package was then '' it wouldn't have left the depot''. It was delivered by a local company from Redruth. The driver carried it from his vehicle to our garage which was a distance of about 20 metres.

4. The method of delivery is between Calido and their delivery partners. Our opinion is that Calido need to ensure that whoever they hire is happy with delivering your products.
Hi, thank you for your order and your review.

It is fortuitous that your parcel was one of the last 30kg parcels we shipped as we decided to reduce the maximum packs due to the weight of them. From Wednesday 18th December we reduced sample packs to single or twin packs on our website.

Nevertheless, I’m disappointed to read about the attitude displayed by the DHL driver mentioned in your feedback. The weight of the parcel the you received is the maximum allowed by DHL so the driver should have got on with his job and delivered the parcel without complaining to you. I will raise this with DHL immediately as this is not the type of unprofessional attitude we expect from any of the delivery companies we use.

Kind Regards,

John Farrell
Owner
Calido Logs and Stoves
Delivery on time. Quality of logs good. My only gripe is that min delivery is 24 nets. it’s a real pain trying to fit them into our shed. Appreciate your a small business but I do think Deliveries of less quantities (even if a delivery charge was added) would be good for your business.
The Verdo type Calido logs are as good as the original Verdo. We had a few packs of Verdo and we've been using them alongside the Calido and could see no difference.

Unfortunately for us the only delivery option is an 18 ton lorry and the driver was unwilling to come down our lane. Smaller delivery truck would make Calido top supplier for us.
This log company is brilliant however the courier they use are not very good I had a palette of briquettes delivered a month ago it was pouring with rain and all the delivery driver had to remove them from lorry was a hand pump palette truck obviously it wouldn’t take the weight so he dumped it at end of my drive after a lot of moaning at me Make sure the drivers have electric palette trucks I had to hand move 100 briquette packets into my garage alone !!! Not Happy
Calido Logs and Stoves is rated 4.94 based on 1,344 reviews