Bob Books Reviews

of reviewers recommend Bob Books
Live Chat, Email, Telephone
Read Bob Books Reviews

About Bob Books:

Turn your photos into top quality books.

info@bobbooks.co.uk

Paul Chapman
John Cornhill
Douglas Balch
SARAH FREEMAN
I was very dissapointed with my most recent photo book which was a Wedding Album for my daughter. Whilst I have given a Poor rating for this book I need to also give you a Very Good rating for rectifying the problem and sending another book which was perfect.
I've used Bob Books for years. Each year I do a Yearbook rather than keep endless pictures on the computer. This years book was so disappointing. The contrast control was poor and lots of the pictures were dark. I complained but Bob Books wanted the book returning so in the end we didn't bother. We like the no quibbles 'Amazon' approach. Bob Books got a lng way to go
Hello Stephen,

Apologies for your disappointment with the printing quality of your images for this years photo book. However we do ask for these books to be sent back so we can quality check the book ourselves and can see the finished product and what went wrong. This then allows us to advise on how we can re-print/re-produce the book for you so that you can get the result you want.

Please do get back in contact with us if you wish to resolve this.

Bob Books
I have been using Bob Books for years and would previously have given 5 stars. However they have changed to a courier who isn't as good and I had to drive to the next town to collect it. More importantly, when I looked at the photobooks, the paper in both books is warped and has wavy edges. I will be looking for an alternative supplier in future.
Dear Customer,

Thank you for the feedback regarding the delivery service. I will pass this feedback to the fulfilment team to attempt and prevent this from happening in the future.

Our customer service team would be happy to resolve the issues about the quality of your books in regards to the damaged to pages, if you would please get in contact with our team in more detail at: askbob@bobbooks.co.uk

Hi
My first order from Bob's Books was excellent, but the second one was very poor - there must have either been a bug in the desktop software (which changed the selected paper type) or the method of printing was poor quality, but the pictures have come out very grainy (obviously this is also related to the image resolution but I have checked this and the images shouldn't have come out so badly).

I have many more books I'd like to print! Including my wedding album and one family album every year, but I'm not satisfied with the last purchase.

Is it possible to ask for it to be re-printed in a better format, of course I would be happy to pay for the difference etc.

Regards
Dear Customer,

We are sorry to hear about the quality of your latest book being unsatisfactory.

Would you please send us your order number at askbob@bobbooks.co.uk where we will be able to check the quality for your order and advise on how we can help.

Bob Books
In this book the selected photographs came out much darker than they actually were, and than in any previous Bob Books I’ve had. It was disappointing to be honest and I may well try another company next time
Dear Emma,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I’m sorry that you were disappointed with your order.

I’ve checked with our customer care team and they have no record of you getting in touch with us regarding this problem.
They did check the files that were received and it seems like the optimisation tool was switched off for all the images in your project. The tool amends the quality of your photos and can lighten them if they are too dark.

If you’d like to get in touch regarding this problem, please do so at askbob@bobbooks.co.uk or at 02030111644
Very poor and unclear user interface on the website meant I had to call for advice on how to duplicate an online project in order to make adjustments to it. The advice given was wrong and resulted in me being sent two copies of the same book, rather than single copies of two separate books.
I found the Mac editor comprehensive with endless options - but it worked well with the photo library and I was pleased with the composition of the book.

As a default the editor enhanced the photographs and in the printed book I felt they were over enhanced.

Maybe selecting a better paper quality would have helped, but for the price paid I was surprised the print quality wasn't better.

Not sure if I would use again - shame Apple has withdrawn its print service!
Hi Andrew,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I’m sorry that you had a disappointing experience with Bob Books.

Regarding the editor, you can always turn off the Automatic Image Corrector in the software if you prefer to not have your pictures edited. Additional help on this can be found here: https://www.bobbooks.co.uk/help-and-info/article/what-is-the-automatic-image-correction-tool

I also noticed that your book was ordered using our Classic paper. That paper is the most standard one that we have and is also the most subtle one. If you were looking for a more premium paper, I would suggest trying one of our layflat options.

You can always get in touch with our customer care team at askbob@bobbooks.co.uk or call us on 0203 011 1644 if you have any questions or concerns.

Bob Books
Colours not representative of photos. Returned to Bob Books, having heard nothing for 10 days had to call to determine status, only to be advised that no action had yet been taken.
Photos will be sent to lab to see if reprinting produces different results, this is expected to happen sometime next week, more than 2 weeks after I returned the book. Not really impressed though Bob Books has time enough to redeem the situation.
Dear Danny,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I am sorry that you had a poor experience with Bob Books.

I have checked with our head of customer care and there was a lot of detail in the note that accompanied your book. They have confirmed that your book, and the problems mentioned, is currently under investigation.

Unfortunately, at this point, we cannot confirm that a reprint will solve the colour representation but we will be in touch as soon as possible.

Bob Books
Major bugs in the software that I have reported on for many years but no action has ever been taken.
Dear Roger,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I’m from the head office and I’ve sent you and email about looking into this issue further.

Bob Books
There are water marks over the photos so waiting to hear how we resolve.
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I have checked with our customer care team and they have confirmed that they responded to your query this morning. They are awaiting for some images of the damaged pages so they can better understand the issue.

Bob Books
I love Bob Books but this time I was completely disappointed. I ordered my books to Switzerland. The print was made in Germany so instead to send directly to Switzerland first was sent to London and then to the final destination. This took to much time and still one book hasn't arrived! No tracking number so we could not check where are the parcels.
Dear Krzysztof,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am sorry that you have not receive one of your orders please contact customer care with the details as they haven’t been informed of this so we can arrange a reprint if needed.

You can get in touch with our customer care at askbob@bobbooks.co.uk or call them directly at 0203 011 1644.

Our international orders are charged at the same rate of shipping as our domestic orders, however, as you can understand our costs are actually much higher. To ship with a tracked service internationally rates are significantly higher, possibly costing more to ship than the price of the book itself.
arrived one week after christmas, no ETA or delivery updates given at any point was very disappointing experience
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. As your package was being delivered to Austria, the package was shipped via Royal Mail which then would have handed over to the Austrian national postal service. This service doesn't offer any tracking information.

As stated on our website, for international orders, we suggested that orders are placed at least 10 days before the Last Royal Mail recommended shipping date (for Austria this was 17th Dec). Unfortunately, your order was placed only 5 days before the last recommended shipping date. While we did produce the order and ship it out to you just a few days later, I am afraid the delivery time on international packages is beyond our control, and especially at Christmas delays are likely. Higher volumes, snowfall and temp workings in the postal service mean things are less likely to arrive on time. This is why we always recommend allowing more time for international packages.

I do hope that you were happy with your book upon receipt.

Bob Books
Pro: ability to create and save templates
Cons: although pages inside acceptable, didn't like the sticky-back plastic-looking cover
technical problems: many of the photos in my file disappeared when making book
technical problems: book very slow to download and incorrect file appeared
inability of Bob Books team to solve above problems - so frustrating
Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry to hear that you ran into some problems.

I have checked with our head of customer care regarding your order. Unfortunately, we haven't found a record of you contacting us with regards to the issues you encountered, and I don't think I fully understand the issue based on what you've written in your review.

If you would like some assistance with your order, please do feel free to contact us by email on askbob@bobbooks.co.uk or phone on 0203 011 1644.

Bob Books
No tracking information, no information from purchases on account, haven’t received items yet and it’s been 15 days. Item purchase before reading preview- has spelling mistakes
Hi Madison,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Unfortunately, tracking is not available for international packages.

I can see that your order was posted 3 days after it was ordered, so I would expect that you will most likely receive it this week. As it is the busiest time of the year for deliveries, there could be delays in the postal systems or when the package is passing through customs. Unfortunately, this is all outside of our control.

If you haven't received the order by the end of the week, please feel free to contact our customer care team on askbob@bobbooks.co.uk

Bob Books
I am really disappointed this time. My books have arrived with the covers crushed at the top, and I now don't have time to replace them before I give them to friends who are visiting from abroad. Poor show. These books are expensive, so this really shouldn't be happening!
Hi Dale,

I am very sorry to hear that your books have arrived damaged.

If you could please send through the photos of the damage to askbob@bobbooks.co.uk, we'd be happy to help you with this.

Bob Books
1. No way to put the name of the book on the edge of it.
2. No way to add a text box in the position you want - even onto a whole page photo.
I think the fact that you offer 20% off to every man and his dog for doing anything is unnacceptable when that all you're offering me for a £1000 order with another to place now.
Used I pad as photos stored there. As moving photos into my album I kept getting closed down which was very frustrating. Ended up just moving 2-3 at a time. Very time consuming. Found the text box so difficult to manoeuvre, size and adjust that gave up in the end
Hi,

I am sorry to hear that you had problems when creating your book.

It appears that you were using the Online Book Creator, rather than the iOS app to create your book - is this correct?

While you can access the Online Book Creator from a mobile or tablet, we really only recommend using it via a laptop or desktop.

The Bob Books iOS app has been designed for iPhones and iPads and is available to download in the app store. I think you will find it much easier to use the app, if you decide to make another book on your iPad.

Please feel free to get in touch with us any time in the future if you run into problems while making a book. Our customer care team is available every day from 9am to 10pm by phone and live chat.

Dee-Anna
Bob Books
Having ordered the latest lay flat gloss finish storybook album book because the standard one is no longer available, I was very disappointed with the wave that the pages seem to have in them. (Guessing it part of the print process rollers etc) I did send in feed back and the album was reprinted free of charge without any issues. Sadly the reprint is just the same even after I was assured this would not happen again.
I wont be able to supply my clients with these new books with this defect in them.
The book I received was not what I thought I ordered. I went on the chat service and they asked me to send it back and would give me a voucher to reorder it. I sent the item back by recorded delivery and have not heard anything since. I went back on the chat service and was told someone would be in contact. I have still not ears anything two weeks later.
Bob Books is rated 4.81 based on 8,012 reviews