Bob Books Reviews

of reviewers recommend Bob Books
Live Chat, Email, Telephone
Read Bob Books Reviews

About Bob Books:

Turn your photos into top quality books.

info@bobbooks.co.uk

Paul Chapman
John Cornhill
Douglas Balch
SARAH FREEMAN
I have had many books from Bob Books and most of them have been excellent.
However my recent book, 'Eating on the Equator' has caused a big problem which I ave raised with you already.
I asked to have the book published and you then displayed it in your bookshop. Fine so far, but the display shows the book cover without the title, which is useless. Who is going to buy a book without a title?
Please contact me about this and find a solution.
Hello David,

thank you for your review. If you would please email us over at askbob@bobbooks.co.uk so we can further investigate this issue for you.

Bob Books
I've had 12 or so books and a number of calendars printed by Bob Books and have been pleased with the results up until the last two books which were disappointing.
Quite a few pictures were too dark. My monitor and set up is unchanged so appears to me to be a change on the Bob books side.
I will continue to use Bob for now if I can correct by uploading re-edited images but it has put me off buying the more expensive finishes in case I have to reprint again.
Hello Paul,

Thank you very much for your review. If you would like to contact us and send us over some photographs of the past two photo books you are unhappy with, we will see what we can do for you.

Please give us an email on askbob@bobbooks.co.uk

Bob Books
Quality of book and delivery excellent. However the app itself crashed several times. Once I had to start again, wasted whole day.
Hello Alan,

Thank you for your review, we are glad that you are satisfied with your photo book.

Our app has recently undergone some updates and developments to resolve our current issues that have arisen. I hope you will be able to try again in the future and see the modifications for yourself.

Stay safe and well.

Bob Books
The editing software is really good and easy to use, it helped me get the book exactly how I wanted it. Also, when I had a query for customer services, they got back to me pretty quickly. However, I found the printing a bit dull, especially given the price of the product. I might try gloss next time and see how we get on with that.
Hello John,

Thank you for your feedback, if you would like some advice on print specifications or what to do to enhance your photographs to avoid this issue again in future. Our customer service team on askbob@bobbooks.co.uk is more than happy to give you advice and answer any paper type related questions you may have.

Please do get in touch so we can get your next photo book the way you want it.

Bob Books
I made this book in the USA to send to the UK I've heard the quality is very good, which is a relief as I hadn't seen it
I was very disappointed with the first books received. However l found the customers service excellent and this was correctly immediately and l was satisfied with the second copy. I never received a reply to my final email.
Hello Sue,

I apologies for your troubles with your first photo book, however I am glad you have sorted this out and were able to get a corrected copy of your book. As for not getting back to your email, I believe this was not intentional and was an issue with our account. We do apologies again for the delaying in getting back to you and hope all your queries have no been answered.

Thank you again for your custom and review.

Bob Books
I have recommended, and will continue to recommend Bob's Books to friends and family - but I was disappointed with the quality of my latest calendar, compared to the beautiful photo books I have ordered in the past. Possibly some of the photos had already had filters applied to them, but many of them have come out with very red faces - which is really disappointing, as I'd hoped to display it.
Hello Christine,

Thank you so much for passing your recommendation on to your friends and family. We are sorry to hear about your latest calendar, however if you could contact us on askbob@bobbooks.co.uk with more information about your most recent calendar order we will do our best to advise you on how we can resolve this issue for you.

Bob Books
Maybe it's me, but I found the process a bit fiddly and time consuming. However, the delight on my Mum's face was worth every minute and penny I spent.
Hello,

We are sorry to hear about your overall creation experience being unsatisfactory. However we do have a customer care team always on hand to help with any issues you may have whilst creating.

We are very glad your mother loved her gift and hope you will choose to create with us again in the future.

If you would like to get in contact with us about any issues or guidance please contact askbob@bobbooks.co.uk

Bob Books
When you're paying with a giftcard you don't get any of the discounts that everyone else gets! The manner in which you pay absolutely should not affect the price!! I'm sure that's illegal!

However, the quality of the product was good. Overpriced, but good.
Dear Melanie,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I’m sorry that you were not please with our gift vouchers.

It is stated in all of our Terms and Conditions that voucher codes cannot be used in conjunction with any offer or discount that we offer. As this condition is listed in our T&Cs at the time of the purchase of the gift voucher, we are within the lines of the Office Trading Rights and therefore it is not illegal to state that the discounts are not compatible.

Of course, we always try to provide the best customer care that we can to our customers so please do get in touch with us at info@bobbooks.co.uk if you would like to discuss this further.

Bob Books
Hi, books are beautiful and I will definitely be ordering more. Great value too! However I’m really disappointed with the gold embossed text I paid extra for on the front cover. It’s rubbing off. The books I got are just samples for me to keep but I would like to know how to avoid this happening?... I think if it was for a bride and groom I might get a complaint! Can send a photo if necessary.
Thanks Suzanne
Dear Suzanne,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we’re so pleased that you like our books.

I’m very sorry that the gold highlight on your cover is rubbing off, that is certainly not what it’s meant to do. I have checked with our customer care team and unfortunately they have not receive any communication from you regarding this problem.

We’d be happy to provide you with a reprint for your book if you would please get in touch with us at askbob@bobbooks.co.uk with all the details.

Bob Books
Pictures produced in the calendar were not a true representation of the images I uploaded, to many colour casts & I do have my screen profiled. Seems to me that the printers are not profiled often enough?
Hello Chris,

We are sorry to hear that the quality of your calendar was not how you would've like to receive.

I did get in touch with our customer care team about your calendar and it seems that you didn't contact us. If you would like to speak to us further about your order and what we can do for you please use askbob@bobbooks.co.uk

Bob Books
Quality of the paper and binding are very good. But the print quality of the photos leaves to be desired with a slight purplish tinge in all the photos
Hello,

Thank you for leaving us feedback on your book order.

I have looked into your order with our customer care team and unfortunately it looks like you didn't get in touch with us about the print quality, if you would like to contact us on askbob@bobbooks.co.uk to speak about what we can do for you regarding your order.

Bob Books
Over all the process was straight forward and managed to get my book printed in good quality. Although I would like to have seen a PDF proof before my book was printed as on the back page my image didn't quite fit and was left with a yellow/ red edge. A little disappointing but overall please with the result.
Hello Claire,

We are pleased that you are satisfied with the overall quality of your book. I have checked with our customer care team and unfortunately they have confirmed the yellow/red edge on your cover was present on the design of your book and wasn't a printing error. Unfortunately they said that you have not been in touch with us about this issue, if you have any further questions please do email askbob@bobbooks.co.uk.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Bob Books
The software is easy to use but it gives you warnings about photo quality that are sometimes unwarranted- which I only found out having printed some of the images. They put a barcode on the back, which is unsightly and you have to pay extra for software that won’t include it. I generally like the quality of the books but I think I can get similar quality with less niggles elsewhere.
Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a customer review. We are very sorry that you were not fully satisfied with the Bob Books experience.

We have the warnings about photos in the software so our customers are aware of the quality of their photos and how they will be printed in the book. You can turn that feature off if you would prefer not to have these notifications appear.

Unfortunately, all of our books will be printed with the barcode on the back. That is because we print the cover and the content of the books separately and we use the barcode to match up the correct cover to its content.

Please note there is no additional charge with any of our softwares and regardless of which method you use to create your book, it will be printed with a barcode.

Please do let us know where you think you were charged extra and we’d be happy to look into it. You can contact us at askbob@bobbooks.co.uk

Bob Books
Difficult to use program when rearranging pages. Helpful prompt customer support. Currently waiting feedback on a mark found in the book. Happy with overall quality
Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.
You should be able to move pages around in the software quite simply but if you require additional support, please do refer to our Help section (where we also have help videos) or do get in touch with our customer care team.

We have received your query about the mark on the book. Our team is looking into it and should get back to you soon.

Bob Books
The new software is fairly good. I missed some of the auroalligning features of the online version.
The Software is not the easiest to use but once you get the hang of things it becomes a little easier. I was impressed with the quality of the materials, the standard of ptinting is excellent. I will definitely be using Bob's Books again.
Dave Biggs
Freelance Photographer
www.biggsphotography.co.uk
The silver/gold highlighting was poorly executed on the back cover. I will avoid this option in future. Otherwise the books are of good quality and I've made over 30 of them.
Dear Christine,

I’m sorry that the highlights came out poorly. We were unable to find any highlights on your latest photobook order, so if you could please send us the order number that was affected at askbob@bobobooks.co.uk we’d be happy to look into this for you.

Bob Books
The quality of the books we buy are superb and would score 5* on their own. The price is horrendous (over £200 for the last book) and would score 1* as a category on its own. We’ve always bought the top of the range, lay flat books and you expect them to cost more, but they’ve almost doubled in price over the last 4 years.

Photo albums have always been important to us so we pay the money, but I doubt many of my friends would be willing to spend as much.

Obviously, this is a review of the product we purchase, other more cost effective products are available but I can’t provide a review of them.
Dear George,

I’m very sorry that you find our products expensive.
Unlike our competitors, we have not increased our product’s prices in six years, although yes, our products are quite pricey.
We did look at our records and the latest book that you ordered had about 3x the amount of pages than your previous order and our extra pages are an additional cost to your book. In addition, you book was ordered with our gloss photographic paper, which is our priciest premium paper.

I am really sorry that you find our products expensive but please do sign up to our newsletter for occasional offers that be used on future orders.

If there is anything else, please do get in touch with us at askbob@bobooks.co.uk.

Bob Books
Good product. Quality binding. Fast delivery. But I am a bit disappointed with the picture rendering, which I feel not sufficiently true to the original.
Dear Arnaud,

I’m sorry that you were disappointed with the rendering of the picture.

We have checked the records and it seems like the Automatic Image Correction was turned on while you were making your book. This could mean that some of the colour in your images were altered and this could perhaps have caused the rendering to change.

You can turn that feature off in the software should you like to try another book.

If you have any other questions, please get in touch with us at askbob@bobbooks.co.uk.

Bob Books is rated 4.81 based on 8,012 reviews