Bob Books Reviews

of reviewers recommend Bob Books
Live Chat, Email, Telephone
Read Bob Books Reviews

About Bob Books:

Turn your photos into top quality books.

info@bobbooks.co.uk

Paul Chapman
John Cornhill
Douglas Balch
SARAH FREEMAN
Have used Bob Books for year and always find them fast and reliable with a good quality product. Only slight criticism is that pictures can be printed a bit on the dark side , but overall very good.
This is our second book produced by Bob Books and we can genuinely say the quality is excellent. Image reproduction is of a high professional standard and if one uses the option of photographic paper the results really do justice to one's original work (our first book was just using the classic paper choice but still successful nevertheless).

The actual construction of the product in terms of binding, sturdyness and durability, plus the cover finish all lend the book the appearance of a publication that one could easily have thought was bought from a commercial store.

Our decision to have our work reproduced via Bob Books was twofold: first it is an economic way to see a number of physical prints grouped as a collection; also it can act as a handy portfolio to display what we do. Having a website is all well and good but ultimately a photograph needs to be fully appreciated as an object rather than just something ethereal on a screen.
Simple to use design program with a high quality professional finish.

Better and a lot less expensive than sticking your photographs in an album.
Created two books for my partners birthday and he loved them! He takes lots of lovely photos in the fabulous places he travels with work and almost never edits them or looks at them again. Now they're pride of place on the coffee table!
Excellent book quality with a reasonable turn around time.

Software is excellent although for some reason in layouts you cannot the "Bob Books" layouts.

The other aspect that could do with being improved is to allow automatic replacement of a photo in a book layout after you have edited the photograph in an external photo editor. That is, you need a menu item that says "re-save" all of the selected photographers into the cache used by the software to store copies of the photos placed in the book layout.

This is particularly relevant when two people are working on a book. Where one person can begin by selecting photographs and organising the book layout whilst the second person can be editing the photographs in for example Lightroom. If the edited could then be simply copies over the originals used by the first person and then simply "replaced" within the software. This would be a huge productivity gain!
Delighted with the quality and the speed of my order, thank you.
I have been using Bob Books for more than 5 years now, and wouldn't use anyone else. The tools for creating a photobook are easy to use, the quality of the printing is superb, and then there is really good care and attention to how the book is packed, posted and delivered. What more could you want? I personally always go for the lustre photographic hardback book because with the flat 'gutter' in the middle, the pages lie flat and any photographs going across the double page spread are shown off to best advantage. Keep going Bob Books!
I can’t review my book because it hasn’t arrived in the post yet :((
Hello Ulla,

We are sorry to hear you book hasn't arrived yet. This is probably due to the overwhelming amount of deliveries the couriers, such as Royal Mail are trying to delivery safely at the moment.

If you would email us your order number at askbob@bobbooks.co.uk we could be happy to try and help you find your order.

Stay safe and well.

Kind Regards,
Bob Books
Very impressed with Bob-Books. Print quality is outstanding and delivered before estimated delivery. Will use again!
Has anyone printed a professional phonebook with Bob Book ? A photographer among the reviewers ?

I had received a great book in terms of "look", but the quality of the pictures is impressively bad. It was for a black and white photography portfolio (so an important selection of my work!) and they have turned up looking like very dark photocopies. So frustrating and disappointing.

I ask because if this company is used to print family pictures and so, probably the result is appropriate but not for professionals. Any feedback would be highly appreciate before I make the mistake to reprint with them expecting better imagery quality.

If professionals used BBooks and are reading this review, please do let me know if they use a full range of midtones when printing in black and white.

I chose them because they are great for everything else, but at the end for me, what is most important is the pictures themselves.

Thank you !

A desperate almost non-graduate as no good portfolio to submit
Hello,

I am writing from the Bob Books Head Office. I received your feedback and I am so sorry to hear you were disappointed with the image quality of your photobook.
I understand that you initially wrote to enquire about calibration prints. This is not something we offer, however we do have information about how to calibrate your screen so you get a better idea of the colour re-production. I have contacted our Customer care Manger and can see you were not informed of this and for that I apologies. I realise that this has affected your portfolio which you need to hand in and understand how frustrating this must be for you. I have seen that you have been informed about our 100% money back guarantee. You are welcome to return you book and receive a refund or a free re-print. If you decide to re-print your photobook with us, we will be happy to work with you to re-print this to your satisfaction. However as your images are black and white, it will be difficult to print true blacks as there is just not enough band width to support this in digital printing.

Again I apologise for the frustration caused. Please let me know how you would like to proceed. I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,