ANYVAN Reviews

Read ANYVAN Reviews

About ANYVAN:

AnyVan - Move Anything, Anywhere

Save up to 75% on deliveries and removals

No matter what you are moving; from a King-Sized bed to a framed picture of the Queen; a Grand Piano to a classic Ford Capri; we’ll take care of it all the way from Penzance to Peterhead and beyond.

We do this by marrying people looking to move something with our trusted team of AnyVanners. They are equipped with the knowledge and expertise to go the extra mile. And our customer team are always on hand to ensure there is a friendly person to guide you through the journey.

reviews@anyvan.com

5 -17 Hammersmith Grove The Triangle Hammersmith London

Tell us how ANYVAN made you happy
Don’t trust these guys. Completely awful. I was left completely stuck and the drivers refused to help. They told me the boxes I booked were too large and no one called to try to resolve. I lost nearly £300. The service agent was almost gleeful in his unhelpfulness.
Don't provide any detail of their atypical and strict rules in advance, seemingly just to rip you off even more.

Van show up outside the time slot you specifically pay for as many other reviewers have said. Because they're trying to cram in so many bookings to maximise money for them, they're completely unreliable. When I complained about this I was told it was obvious that I should have called them again to tell them the time of my booking - they alreafy know the time it's literally the whole point of booking. Why would I be calling them several times to tell them the time I'd already booked? Especially as they don't answer the help line.

Would recommend booking an individual instead - prices are the same but the service would actually be what you pay for. Customer service when you call complain (when you finally get through) that they didnt fulfill your booking is awful, patronising and with an uneseccary attitude.
I booked through them for a house move. As I initially wanted to be out of the property by 2pm , while I was putting my order online I contacted their customer service for advise regarding the booking slot. I was advised by a woman to book 10-12pm slot instead as If I booked 12-2pm slot, the driver can turn up at 2pm and that would be risky. I followed the advise. On the day a luton van with 2 men turned up at 10.00. I knew the van was too small for my stuff. They said I will have to pay if they I went over my 2 hours . slot. I called the customer service and they said that correct. They were very rude on the phone and did not want to take responsibility for the advise they have given me. I was left very distressed as I already paid 511 pounds for a 5 mile distance move and now they wanted to charge even more. The guy on the phone said a manager will call in 24h to discuss the misunderstanding but i have never received a call. I called after 2 days and I was told that there is no need for a manager to call as my issue was not their fault. I wanted to raise a complain so that this thing does not happen again to others and they said they don't take complaints !!!!! What a service !!! You cannot complain or talk to a manager!!! Please avoid at all cost. Rather book with a reliable service that avoids the stress on the day. Moving is already stressful but dealing with this scum company is even worse. AVOID AT ALL COST if you want a LESS STRESSFUL DAY. THEY DON'T take responsibility. When I said I am going to write my experience as a review , the guy just said, "that's fine go ahead", very rude with awful customer service.
I booked my son to move from a 2 bed flat to a 3 bed house. The van!! Was due to arrive between 10 & 12 they arrived at 2.... with a small van, the guys were very nice but I knew we weren’t going to get all my stuff in that van. They said they couldn’t take my cooker washer and dryer as it wasn’t on the inventory, I didn’t even know there was one as all that I could highlight was the rooms. We paid 252 to move 6 mile, what they said they would take would only have filled a third of said van, we had to pay another 42.50 to fill the van but still had to leave loads of stuff behind. This company is rubbish, when dealing with removals previously you book a man and 2 men and a vehicle depending on flat, house etc and full or partial move. Warning please do not use
Absolutely rubbish, she service, idiot Matt on the phones, take your money and send a fat man and his dumb kid, not professionals. Damaged my good and flat and the disappeared. Never ever use this company, they are @hit!!!!!. When you ask for money back then they show true colours, this review was from 3 days ago
We booked and paid a month in advanced. Called to confirm 2 days ago.

Yet, they ever showed up, then we called to find out they cancelled, with no notification. No attempt to help find another van. Complete rubbish and scam. Oh, and no money back yet.

Now they also don't reply on the phone.

Avoid at all costs.
A joke of a company, the day before I was called to confirm the booking (items and location) and charged me more of the initial quote to adjust, when the day of the moves comes, the driver puts the item in the van, goes to the delivery location and states it's unsafe to unload as described in the quotation, and I should be happy he does not leave the items in the middle of the street.
Call to the customer service was a completely waste of time.
Do a favor to yourselves and avid this company.
AVOID!!!!
Lying drivers, poor customer services, do what they can to wiggle out and not take responsibility for furniture damage claims. DON'T USE, DON'T TAKE THE RISK. THEY DON'T USE THEIR OWN DRIVERS AND USE 3RD PARTY Inividuals/companies. This company is NOT registered on any of the Ombudsman schemes there you DO NOT HAVE THE SAME PROTECTION. FIND A COMPANY THAT IS A 'REALLY MOVING' OR PART OF 'R. I.O.S' AND DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE WE DID.
First off, we had our house move booked for between 2-4pm. The drivers didn't arrive until 5:20pm!! I watched as they rushed to take my furniture out of my house, knocking and bashing it against almost every wall on their way. At one point they turned my £1,100 sofa bed on its side causing the mechanism to fall out onto the pavement outside breaking one of the feet and gauging the frame. I even had to go and help them to put it back in as they struggled to keep hold of the whole thing but at this time I didn't notice the extent of the damage. They then took my furniture to our new house where my partner was waiting. At this point they scraped the arm to the same sofa a cross a wall causing staining to the arm. By the end of it all, we had a damaged wardrobe which was inside the door to the frame (God knows how they managed it), they cracked and broke my sons cotbed and also the sofa-bed as mentioned above.
Extremely unhappy, I emailed the company and filled in the relavent details on their claim form. After not much time at all, they came back to me and told me they had reviewed the case in full and in similar words, "the drivers don't recall any damage, the vehicle was more than big enough to fit all of your furniture whilst being strapped safely inside. And unfortunately as you don't have pictures of the areas of furniture that are damaged PRIOR to the damage, your claim is unsuccessful".... Now I'm not sure who takes photos of underneath their sofas, under their children's cot beds or the inside of their wardrobe frames but surely you cannot expect people to do this? I have emailed several times now and all I get it basically, "sorry we are just the mediators/middle men". The fact that witnessed as they recklessly knocked and banged my furniture against the walls both inside and outside my house and at one point, was even forced to help as I watched them drop the sofa bed mechanism out of my sofa, causing damage to arou d £1,500 worth of furniture, and then to be told sorry, there is no evidence and the drivers said "it didn't happen" makes me very annoyed. Like I said, gamble at your own risk but if I was you, I'd pay a little more and get a proper service with a company that is regulated. Oh yea, they didn't wear masks or gloves either.
My goods were stolen
During transit . The drivers took a detour to
Sheffield and 2 boxes of valuables went missing. ANY VAN
Have refused liability. ANY VAN contract local people to
Do the work so you
Just take pot luck
That all of your goods will arrive at the destination.
Very poor service. Asked to collect later when booking, specifically indicated this on booking. After payment, customer service is now saying that indicated on booking form is not enough and I have to call them to get this confirmed. Will be charged extra if I am not able to collect on time.
(WARNING) you are not insured for damage to property when using this company,
i received this after my floor got damaged from dragging furniture and put in a complaint,

Unfortunately, as per the following terms and conditions, AnyVan has no liability for any loss or damage to any of your goods or premises:

clause 8.1 AnyVan shall have no liability to you for any loss or damage to any of your goods or premises or any other loss suffered by you arising out of the Contract subject to 8.6.

with this in mind you might want to think twice about having your items moved using anyvan unless you would be ok about paying for any damage that occurs.
One box of Brand new DVD s Still in wrapping went missing in transiit approx 100 Dvds Worth over a thousand pounds it was a very expensive move indeed do not use
FUMING IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT

Rushed around, without care and attention.

Damaged my landlords house smashing a hole in the wall when moving a bed.

Lost two trays out of my sons stoarge unit

damaged my BRAND NEW desk, full of chips and scratches by squeezing everything in , then forgetting the fridge so , you can imagine , things were sqeezed and squashed because this company were not wanting to come back for a second load

damaged bed , heard it crunch on the way down. Chips everywhere . 2 MONTH OLD BED

NEVER WILL I USE AGAIN. USE WITH CAUTION

Complained. DENIED LIABILITY.

You know straight away when you get a list of evidence of damage you have not got a chance as they want before and after pictures dated, reciepts . Who takes a picture of a wall. And if you happen to capture it before hand , if its too old the picture they wont accept. The bed is broken inside. How do i capture. I sent reciepts for storage unit and a picture before , denied liability. Desk , as i didt have a recent picture now of the side of the desk , no claim

Wall, want three quotes . What they dont understand is if your landlord claims on zero depoist scheme that goes against you also when moving into private housing again

Hate them , awful company

I have a bad back , my dads old and has a bad back and because of wat they did in the old house,, we had to move everything our self in the new house so they just dumped it and went. No way were they coming in my new house.
Poor servis. Do not pay before delivery!!! They will wait to last minute and then cancel order or advise you to pay extra 50% fee. Also they dont want give refund. Mark If i will own this company you will be kicked out straight away!!!! You are waste of time!!!! Conversation was recorded on phone as I told you. You cancel my order and when I want talk with manager you didnt want me talk with him. Get your self sorted mate!!!!!
They are thieves they will trick you worh a cheaper booking only to ask for more money when drivers turn up they wont treat you properties with care guys please am not a bitter person but during this pandemic i know how hard it is to get money so take this teview carefully gumtree offers genuine services with drivers charging moderate prices to 20 to 30 pounds anyvan only cares about money not customers guys my disabled boyfriend suffered at their hands with no mercy.
TAKING THE COMPANY TO COURT FOR DAMAGE, 2 delivery men from this company left rips in my kitchen vinyl whilst moving appliances, this now has to be replaced and after rightfully putting in a claim for the damage the delivery men in question have lied about the floor saying it is a completely different colour to what it is, i have no other option but to take this company to court for compensation, the cap on my washing machine was also lost in transit so had to purchase another, the move has gone badly and has been stressful with this company, i won't ever be using again i will go elsewhere and be happy to pay more for a stress free move.
Just awful, bot happy at all. AnyVan are ruse, unhelpful and actually rather offensive. The drivers are great but the people on the phone, terrible, I don't think they know what customer service means...we arent customers to them, we are money, nothing more. Shocking!
DO NOT PAY A DEPOSIT UNTIL YOU HAVE NO OTHER OPTIONS. I think the true merit of a company is reflected in its response when things go wrong. I have read through the other reviews here and I have to agree with the fact that money is more important to them than providing a fair service. I asked for quotes for a move planned for 3 weeks in the future. I got two quotes and got in contact with a driver to confirm a few details. The driver sent me a few messages saying that I had to put in the deposit quickly so that he could book my job in. I paid the deposit on the Friday evening and it left my account the next Monday. I happened to hear back from another company which was able to cut the cost of moving by £319! I immediately contacted the driver to let him know so as not to cause lost earnings by having booked a place. He was courteous and appreciated the early warning and asked me to contact AnyVan for a refund, which I did. I had to speak to 3 different customer service people before I could get my case properly looked into because ‘as stated in our terms and conditions...’ seemed to be the only script they had been taught to parrot. I finally spoke to a reasonable person who tried to look into it for me, I forgot his name but he was lovely. I was told that my refund would be arranged only to get an email saying they could only credit my AnyVan account with the deposit for future moves rather than a refund. They told me the contract stated XYZ yet this was not flagged up when I was making the payment ( there are different contracts on the website). The customer service ladies were so passive aggressive, quoting the terms and conditions even when I asked why it wasn’t flagged up at the point of payment. This move is one of the highlights of my year and thanks to AnyVan, I’m £150 out of pocket. They didn’t want to give me the refund it was clear from the moment I mentioned it. I’ve worked in retail before, sometimes human decency is more important than terms and conditions. At least alert people when they are making a payment!
I would have given zero if I could and I am afraid that I was a victim, like many others. I am deeply traumatised by the whole experience of using them.

When I initially made a booking, I made clear that I was moving my flat and I wasn't sure how many...but I mentioned around 40 boxes (a very big mistake and please don't ever give them any sort of estimate and they will screw you over it!). I thought that like many other removal companies, it was just a rough estimate and nothing more. At no point, they warned me that if you didn't have a correct estimate, you will get screwed basically - oh, they claim that it's on your terms and conditions. This sort of things should be highlighted when you booked through chatting with an agent! Only of the agent highlighted this, I would have said that as I wasn't sure how many boxes, I wasn't comfortable.

So, apparently two guys came in to help move my stuff. At no point they mentioned that they couldn't move all my stuff until the last minute. I was in a panic, trying to pack up everything etc. And then only like nearly an hour later, they told me that they won't be able to upload everything - I was in such a shock! Why didn't they say it upfront and sort out the issue first rather than making me stuck and giving me no choice?

And then they asked me to pay for £100 to re-reliever (which they delivered like 3 hours late!) - to be honest, if I knew from the beginning, I won't have let them have uploaded my stuff at all because there was no point and it caused so much more issue! Because I found an alternative provider immediately.

And yet, rather than being apologetic, they keep blaming me that I didn't provide a correct inventory. Head of customer service called me and even said "see you at the court!".

I mean the whole thing is just unbelievable and unthinkable - I moved many times in my life and never happened before! I mean what kind of people would do such a thing! Moving is very stressful as it is.

It's very disappointed that they only care about the money (even after the whole thing, they only care about if I was going to pay £100 and otherwise, threatened me that my stuff would be moved at the storage and charge me) - again, why the hell they uploaded my stuff at the first place if they weren't able to manage the whole thing.

I am very shaken by the whole experience and very traumatised by the whole experience.

I also want to highlight that they're not regulated at all and they don't even seem to be with the removal ombudsmen service.
Firstly if you don't read the rest, AVOID this company at all costs. I had a tight budget and used them, the European removal guys were ignorant and didn't wear facemasks in Covid and refused to do so even though I am a vulnerable individual and told them so. They damaged the majority of my items - scratched etc; told me I'd be charged 2hrs extra which would mean they had travelled from Glasgow to the Midlands in under 3.5hrs on a weekday; went to the wrong address and argued this person had the same postcode and road name and number; split the skirtingboard, swore at me and my partner arguing we were keeping them from their families etc. I complained and put in a claim which despite photos being taken the night of the delivering and the following day has been refused. Oh and the drivers also forged my signature on the completion form. Despite Anyvan professing to give a professional service, they don't give a damn, and it is owned by some youngster who doesn't even know what customer service is. I'm taking them to court and I hope others mistreated will do the same.
ANYVAN is rated 3.14 based on 812 reviews