ANYVAN Reviews

Read ANYVAN Reviews

About ANYVAN:

AnyVan - Move Anything, Anywhere

Save up to 75% on deliveries and removals

No matter what you are moving; from a King-Sized bed to a framed picture of the Queen; a Grand Piano to a classic Ford Capri; we’ll take care of it all the way from Penzance to Peterhead and beyond.

We do this by marrying people looking to move something with our trusted team of AnyVanners. They are equipped with the knowledge and expertise to go the extra mile. And our customer team are always on hand to ensure there is a friendly person to guide you through the journey.

reviews@anyvan.com

5 -17 Hammersmith Grove The Triangle Hammersmith London

Tell us how ANYVAN made you happy
Drivers were rude. Ripped me off and added an extra £200 claiming I’m not on 2nd floor. I am most definitely on the 2nd floor. They said each landing inbetween the floors counts as another floor!! It’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. Also said its due to the walk from my flat, there is no walk. It’s down a corridor and the van was bang outside my entrance. Customer service were just as bad therefore pending legal action. Taken videos and pics. They haven’t got a leg to stand on. They also broke my TV. AVOID AT ALL COSTS. they are cheap for a reason. The first thing thing the driver did when he arrived was say ooo they look heavy and started moaning. It’s a bed and a sofa. DOH! They made my move 1000 times worse and the only comfort was the nice pad I moved into at the end. What’s worse is I used this company to move into the flat I just moved out of and they didn’t charge me for the apparent walk from my flat to the lifts (takes 10 seconds btw) but this time they do! They also didn’t turn up to that move and we had to rebook for the day after. Yes I’m stupid for using them again but was trying to save money. And it’s backfired.
The driver assigned to me was called Lethal, you only find out the name when they are on the way to you and you have already paid for the service.
I spotted 'Lethal' dealing drugs whilst on the job. I would have liked to take a photograph in order to prove this but he had all my possessions in his van and I was on my own feeling very vulnerable.
Complained to AnyVan and heard nothing back. Unethical, rude, dismissive company that don't care about putting their customers in a vulnerable situation.
Should you have fallen foul to Decembers data breach then please contact; https://www.irvingslaw.com/

The ICO have been informed and Irvings Law are currently taking claims.
BASICALLY JUST PRETENDED TO COME SO THEY CAN TAKE MY MONEY AS THEY DONT DO REDUNDS AND LEFT.

READ OTHER REVIEWS ITS THEY REGULAR PRACTICE TO STEAL MONEY AND NOT DO THE JOB.

PHONE RECEPTIONISTS WHERE RUDE AND NOT HELPFULL AT ALL. KEPT GOING ROUND AND ROUND HOW ITS MY FAULT.
Horrible service - AVOID! PAID 94£ FOR REMOVAL. THEY DIDNT CALL ME OR BOTHERED TO PRESS THE BUZZER AND LEFT. DO NOT USE
If you feel into the trap of using this bunch of cowboys, and used a credit card to pay, complain to your credit card company who will suspend payment. They will investigate and if they think you're right,, Anyvan don't get the money.
Data and privacy policy is poor and obstructive. Have to jump through hoops to delete account, which involves emailing the privacy team and initiating unnecessary communications with the company. Especially poor after they have recently had a data breach. Account deletion should be a simple process anyway for the safety and satisfaction of customers, yet in order to delete, they require more data from you in the form of emails. After a conversation with management, they claim this for security reasons, yet compare this to other companies such as Facebook who retain more data than anyone and I see no reason other than obstruction for not offering a simple 'Delete Account' button in the account settings. Not great.
Like many before me, this company should be avoided at all costs - their online process is designed to mislead - yes information is there if you look closely, but be very careful if you do insist on using this outfit (AKA Bodge it and Scarper). I am sure Angus Elphinstone the founder who is probably far removed from the day-to-day activities would not be very impressed with the customer services and the poor responses to complaints that lack any kind of empathy. This complaint is not about the actual day of removal, its about the process that is geared to extract as much money from you through misleading processes and web site wording - AVOID like the plague.
My family booked Anyvan to move all of our belongings from our home in London to Norfolk at a cost of over £1000.

We booked weeks in advance. We were completing on the sale of our home on the day of the removal and had to be out by midday.

7.30pm the night before the scheduled removal we get a voicemail from Anyvan - "the driver is experiencing problems with his vehicle, sorry, we cant move your things any more."

I had to stay up all night desperately trying to find alternative arrangements. I somehow managed to book somebody last minute but it cost me an additional £500 because it was so last minute.

The new firm couldn't get there early enough for us to be gone by midday. We managed to eventually get out by 5pm with our purchasers looking on as we desperately tried to clean the place with our 6 month old baby crying.

All in all, this was the most despicable service I have ever received. If you're moving a single piece of furniture then anyvan might be worth the risk. If you're moving house, then please please choose another company.
Used company for many years and used to be flexible for all issues. Very money grabbing and rigid in their way of thinking.
I bought and paid for job. I put sizes in box, but apparently not the correct box? It should not matter as all of the form is read by all parties. All boxes get read and I did not need to put in sizes as had never done previously. Covering their own backs so they did not need to refund for incomplete job.
Small amount of stuff that would fit in small room has cost me astronomically for short distance transfer.
Good job I will not have to be using in the near future.
Drivers arrived and only collected a third of my stuff. Anyvan refused to help. I had to book another collection. The two collections totalled more than when I arrived from Kent to the North West? I also had more than double the load then, and more than triple the weight?
I paid for two men to carry out the delivery of my items and only one showed up. I am being told I cannot get a refund because two guys did show up and completed the job. Apparently my eyes are deceiving me!

Please do not waste your money here, there service was terrible, the communication and the punctuality was awful. On top of that to be politely called a liar is very insulting!

I never write a review, have purposely written this review to warn anyone looking to use this service, to consider looking elsewhere.

I will continue to ensure this message is heard, so that no one else makes the same mistake that I did. The money I lost will be a sacrifice that I take to ensure that no one else makes the same mistake.

Disappointing especially during this time when we are all going through so much and having major challenges. I am asking for a refund of a service that was not carried out and that is well within my rights as a consumer. Breaking the law does not look good for your company and dismissing the consumer, the people who keep you in business is a very dangerous move and will falter in the long run.
The two men turned up in a transit van for a house move I had booked a while before. They have two other deliveries they had to do along with ours and the van ended up looking like Tetris. I was initially okay with their response, they got most of the stuff in the van even though they couldn't move the treadmill or my bike as it would take too much room.
Then the next day I found out that they hadn't unloaded everything. We are missing a cover for the sofa which I can't quite figure out how they missed. I put a complaint into Anyvan who claim that because there is no evidence it went in the van they don't believe it had even been moved
We will NOT recommend AnyVan.

1. Our 2 year old brand-new washing machine got scuff marks. Both beds got chipped. Our armchair has massive stains now. Our wallpapers got ripped off.

2. They didn't wear face masks and didn't put floor protection sheets at the entrance even though it was pouring down with rain.

3. Our booking was between 12-2 but only showed up at approx 3:45pm. The van broke down on the way to our new house even though it was only 15mins away. They eventually arrived at our new house at approx 7:00pm when it was already pitch black.

4. There was a new fourth person when unloading and we're still yet to have confirmation whether this person was insured or qualified.

After all of this we've only been offered £38 as a settlement which can't rectify any of the damages.

We trusted all the good reviews but we were let down with irrrepairable damages and disappointing customer service.
We will NOT recommend AnyVan.

Booking Reference No.: [6631285]
Terrible service for late 2 hours and forced customer to sign legal documents
When the driver turned up on the day, he was really apologetic and explained to me that they had a problem with the bookings and there might not be enough space for all my stuff, we agreed to see how it will go.
when he looked at the stuff he spotted (2X L shaped 4 seater Sofas) and told me that I booked (2 X 4 seater sofas) I told him I booked 4 seats sofa and the L-shaped is 4 seats as well plus they don't have L-shaped on the list that you pick from on the website.
started moving the stuff and midway he said not everything will fit, I looked at the van and suggested they fit everything even if it's not very safe for the stuff to do so, he agreed but asked me to sign a weaver for responsibility if anything happened to the stuff and I agreed and signed thinking they will take everything now, specially that I helped as well as I had a seven seater car as well, so I put all the sofas back cushions and all the loose cushions plus I emptied 2 large bags and a large box that I paid for to manage and fit them in my car to help them take the rest of the stuff.
In the end they did not and they lift behind the followings:
- 4 dining chairs
- 2 large glass coffee tables (booked 4 took the small ones)
- 2 Large bags
- 1 Large Box
- 40" TV
I called the office and after checking they said it's your fault and you didn't book an L shaped sofas (explained that this option is not on the pick list and that the L shaped are very small and even smaller than a normal 4 seats sofa but had no luck)
I had to book another company to pick up the rest of the stuff and paid £120 for them to do it.
I rang again the next day and explained what happened and I was offered £30 in return what I refused to take.
they have no manager to talk to or make a complaint.
Anyvan is Not reachable , refered my job to Thomas, Edwin the driver turned up, informing us that it is overloaded, asking us to pay £700 for overweight otherwise he wouldnt come, threatening us to go to police and tell them about the overload, From anyvan, Thomas and the driver Edwin, all unprofessional. I do not recommend them at all. Later on when I read their review I found out that there are so many other complain about tricking customer and asking more money by telling them that the van was overloaded. When they were unloading my stuff, the driver tried to drive away with my stuff. Therefore, they are bunch of unprofessional people.
Terrible service late 2 hours and received force me to legal documents on their incompleted dismantled bunt bed from Anyvan previous removal service,moreover poor delivery service to my son's home without place mattress into their room and left!!
Not value for money when compare with other removal company
Poor service,late and unhelpful manners
Just having to give 1 star seems too generous. Awful company to deal with. Apparently, anyone who has a van can work for these guys even if they have no idea about removals. The delivery guys had no clue what they were doing and couldn’t even speak English. They damaged my Fridge Freezer so bad it looked like it had fallen out of the van. A treasured ornament completely smashed. My brand new leather Bed scratches all over. Glass Tv shelf smashed. They even stole my Chrome Dumbell weights. They offered me £100 compensation which was insulting and won’t even cover the cost to repair my ornament.
Please check all the real reviews before using this company and you can see all the people who have had things stolen and damaged. Avoid at all costs !!!
ANYVAN is rated 3.15 based on 1,046 reviews