ANYVAN Reviews

Read ANYVAN Reviews

About ANYVAN:

AnyVan - Move Anything, Anywhere

Save up to 75% on deliveries and removals

No matter what you are moving; from a King-Sized bed to a framed picture of the Queen; a Grand Piano to a classic Ford Capri; we’ll take care of it all the way from Penzance to Peterhead and beyond.

We do this by marrying people looking to move something with our trusted team of AnyVanners. They are equipped with the knowledge and expertise to go the extra mile. And our customer team are always on hand to ensure there is a friendly person to guide you through the journey.

reviews@anyvan.com

5 -17 Hammersmith Grove The Triangle Hammersmith London

Tell us how ANYVAN made you happy
You will end up paying for moving your own items
I arranged my items to be moved to 10th floor by lift, and their mover refused to move them anywhere above the ground floor.

When I complained about it, they didn't even offer me the price difference I paid. I received a warning from council and risk my tenancy agreement because of their failure in service.

I only get a little increased amount of refund offer after I contacted their CEO and I was already exhausted dealing with such a small issue so I accepted it but it felt nowhere near justifying the damage and distress they caused.

I have been using their service since 2014 but that's it! Never again! You just end up moving your own stuff when you work with them.

They also have 0 respect for their customers.
The worst experience I have ever had- I move a lot due to my work, and I have severe health problems. I paid over £300 and was assured the guys would move the heavy stuff down. They refused to move things that weren't in tiny boxes they supplied which meant my larger items were left for me. Anything i pack before they came was not moved. I have paid leave local “man with a van” many times and they couldn't do enough for me- this was a shock. I realise now any time you pay BEFORE the job you are likely to get less enthusiastic staff. I won't do that again. Waste of time and money and really left me in the lurch - not even an apology from company- they just deactivated my ability to use the chat function (despite me being perfectly nice to those I conversed with - after all it wasn't that persons fault). That says a lot about this company, big companies often lack customer service, this is no exception. The movers that attended didn’t speak any english ( im not being nasty saying this, its just i couldnt explain to them that i needed the help with the heavier items). Anyway, DONT USE THEM, get a local guy with a van, much more likely to be decent, fair and helpful
On pr about the 14th January 2021 we made a provisional booking with AnyVan with a possible removal date of 25th January 2021.
At that time AnyVan required that we give them a DEBIT card number just to secure the provisional booking.
A few days later on 21 January 2021 we advised AnyVan that the date of 25th January 2021 would not be possible as one of the people in the chain had problems preventing the chain to complete.
AnyVan asked when we expected to be able to move and we told them that we had absolutly no idea. AnyVan then said that they would FREEZE our account and when we were ready to move to let them know, which was fine.
We heard nothing more from AnyVan until we advised them on Wednesday 24th February that the chain had collapsed and we would not now be moving and we wished to cancel the booking altogether.
The very next morning we received an email from AnyVan advising us of a "Successful Settlement" and that they had taken the sum of £885.00 from our Debit Card.
I immediately called AnyVan and asked why they had taken £885.00 from our debit card without advising us they intended doing so or asking our permission to take the money. This after advising them just the day before that the move was cancelled. A coincidence ?
That seemed like a little more than a coincidence given that we hadn't heard a word from AnyVan since the 21st January 2021 until the day after we advise them that the move was cancelled that being on the 24th February 2021.
After a long discussion with AnyVan they agreed to return the £885.00 in
"A FEW DAYS". I retorted that a Few Days was not good enough and again pointed out that they had taken the £885.00 without asking or advising us that they intended doing that. I also told them that as the money was taken without our knowledge or consent we wanted the money back immediately and did not want to wait for it to be returned at their convenience is a FEW DAYS.
This of course fell on deaf ears.
I then immediately sent an email to the CEO of AnyVan (Angus Elphinstone) reiterating the whole sordid story. About two hours later I received a call from, not Mr Elphinstone, but a young girl, apologising for their error but was unable to expedite a refund of the £885.00.

In conclusion, AnyVan seem cannot be trusted and is extremely uncooperative. My advice is to AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE.
BLS.
Everything was very good from initial booking till the day anyvan took payment
Then on the day of removal they sent out a crew that was very inexperienced and had no clue what to take first and no care was taken then they just upended and left as they said that they have taken what’s on there list £400 plus later I complained to customer service and they where very unsympathetic and will not accept any responsibility
Avoid these people. You have been warned
Be careful before choosing AnyVan - their cheap quotes may end up costing you more than you think!

I used AnyVan for a home removal and was enticed by the low rates, however it ended up costing more than I expected and was a terrible experience. Here are points you should consider before using AnyVan:

- Unknown quality of service provided:
They are connecting you with service providers that already exist and are not providing the service directly. What this means is you have no idea on the quality or professionalism of whoever turns up on the day. If these providers are vetted (unlikely) it is not a rigorous vetting process. The providers that showed up on the day for me were NOT professional and one of the removal men said he had been doing this for 2 weeks. The team they sent me were rude and smoked in my flat when I had stepped outside for a few minutes.

- Basically a call centre and cannot help you with issues:
AnyVan hide behind their website policies and are NOT able to help you out on the day if there are any issues. In my case the removal men had not brought enough packaging products and there was nothing AnyVan was able or willing to do on the day to help. You will end up get connected to the AnyVan call-centre if you have any issues. The team you speak to on the call-centre range from being aggressive and rude to incapable and apathetic. If there is a problem on the day, you are pretty much on your own and there is no accountability from AnyVan. If you are moving home, it needs to be done on the day and if there is a problem you will be in big trouble.

- Hidden costs:
The itemisation process for home removals means you have to accurately itemise every single item, including the exact number of boxes needed to move. Like most normal people, I don't know the exact square footage of van space all my belongings will fit into, or the exact number of boxes to fit my plates, clothes, electronics and small items into. Well guess what that means? It means the van drive won't touch anything else unless you pay extra on the day, essentially holding you hostage. Even if you have the best intentions and simply get this wrong, tough luck. You can pretty much guarantee that you will end up paying more than you expected.

-Bad practices
I was told on the day that I had to sign waivers for certain items, such as my television, because I did not have the original box to transport it in. Who keeps the original box!? Despite providing an insurance policy to cover this, they put pressure on you on the spot to sign this waiver for damage without explaining this before you use their services. When I asked AnyVan to explain what this was, they said some movers require this. I think that it is completely unfair and inappropriate to demand someone sign a waiver for damage to their belongings, on the day whilst in the middle of the move, threatening not to move an item unless you sign a waiver.

After the terrible and overpriced moving experience I would never go near AnyVan again, even if it was free. When I spoke to AnyVan afterwards to explain the issues I faced and for them to explain why the removal company they provided were so poor they simply closed my case and told me to go away.

Listen to the reviews out there - there's a reason why there are so many bad ones.
Used their service to move house. Couldn't be there to load up the van because of covid and the driver kindly left a bunch of my belongings behind. So having spent £200 on this service, I now need to drive a total of 8 hours there and back to go and get the rest of my things. It also looks like some of my equipment was dropped and damaged. WASTE OF MONEY & TIME. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.
Driver arrived an hour early which was the only positive on the day.

Drivers wore masks but did not maintain social distancing with one coming right up to me to show me a list of items being collected.

I told the driver that I would be following and that I am not the best driver so would appreciate them allowing me to follow. No speed limits were adhered to and I lost the driver as soon as we set off. I managed to catch up with the van at the Birkenhead tunnel where the van was pulled over by the police who were behind them and not the standard Covid checking. I waited for 30 minutes before calling driver and sending text messages with no reply (bearing in mind there were two people in the van so one could have at least text me to update). I finally spoke with the driver who said he was still with police and there was a problem with his insurance.

As I was waiting on a further call from the driver, I text my sister and requested she call Any Van. She was told they will call her back with an update, Any Van did not call or provide any updates to either myself or my sister. After another hour with no contact from the driver or Any Van I called them to be advised that another van was on it’s way to the destination. After a delay of 1 hour 30 minutes, I needed to return home and contacted my sister to meet the drivers at the other end, disrupting her plans.

The driver arrived at the pick up point and when asked about the first driver made reference to him having a heart problem. My sister called me and said the younger one of the 2 males smelt of cannabis. I rang Any Van and made them aware of this. The call handler asked how I know he smells of cannabis? I informed him that my sister was currently with him and due to the nature of her profession she would be more than qualified to know the distinct smell of cannabis. The caller than advised me that he would not know what cannabis smells like? Not sure what relevance that information had, other than him being patronising. I was told I could contact the police or cancel the job at the full cost to myself. Any van did not accept any responsibility to ensure the safety of the staff or customers and their belongings. As I hade paid just short of £350 and cannot afford to pay again the job had to go ahead. The younger male was not the driver.

Items were loaded but when moving a triple wardrobe, they got it through the doorway of the room it was in and chipped and scratched it. My sister pointed the damage out to them and the driver refused to move the wardrobe any further stating they could not get it out. My sister informed them that it came in, in one piece so will go out the same. They were offered the use of the back door but blatantly refused to even try to move the wardrobe any further and put it back in the room it came out of.

I contacted Any van and gave them this information. Any van spoke with the driver who said they are unable to get a turning angle on the wardrobe to get it out. This is fabricated information as they didn’t move the wardrobe any further once they realised they had damaged it. Despite me telling Any Van that my sister was stood with them, I was advised that the driver had informed him he had tried, thus suggesting I was telling lies.

I asked how I get the wardrobe if they are refusing to move it? The call handler said I could book another delivery and they would cover HALF the cost. I asked why would I go to the expense of paying for another van when his drivers have informed him they cannot get an angle on the wardrobe to get it out. Whilst on the phone, my sister text and told me the drivers had left. I was left with no wardrobe and do not have the financial means to pay for another delivery company to collect the wardrobe.

The drivers arrived at my property and unloaded. Before leaving I asked about the first driver, to be told he had a heart problem and was going to hospital. Strange as he was fine when I last saw him and spoke with him on the phone when he told me there was a problem with his insurance. When I raised this with Any van they said the van broke down.

Any van have failed to acknowledge any of the concerns I have raised.
If things go wrong, AnyVan only act as an intermeditary between you and the driver, taking no personal responsibility. The drivers they send can widly range from ethusaist and competent, to aggressive and lazy. The prices they now charge also reflect a more professional company, but under the hood, they are just the same as significantly cheaper rivals.
AVOID AVOID EFFING AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

i’m 19 and had to move suddenly in september 2020 due to personal reasons so booked anyvan, first of all completely over priced, they don’t change off of the journey length, they charge off of how much stuff you have to move in the van!!! second of all when they arrived i told them as i wasn’t at the home that all my belongings were at when i booked it, i didn’t know the exact amount of items, and there were a few more, and they got really rude and nasty and told me i am stupid, and then finally after my sisters partner had a go at them they said they can move them. when they were loading the things into the van, and out of the van at the destination, they were not careful, they banged the items on the walls of the corridor and they got grease stains ALL OVER my £2000 bed (which was a gift from my grandparents for my 18th birthday) and they got grease over my sisters clothing, my £1000 mattress, my sisters partners £300 shoes, and much more. we told them there and then we will be claiming for the damage, and this man accepted full responsibility and signed a piece of paper, of which we took a photo of him actually signing it for proof, and took photos of all damage, then we complained. it is now mid february 2021, so nearly 6 months later, tons of emails back and forth of them trying to deny it, wriggle their way out of it, asking for proof, and asking for proof that cleaners can’t get the grease out (which we provided the proof) and they went and offered us £370. we then said no and we need them to talk to their insurance company and funnily enough, the insurance company happened to offer us £370 as well, as they apparently ‘deemed this an acceptable price’. what? £370 for damaging a £2000 bed, a £1000 mattress, £300 pair of shoes, £50 worth of clothes, and some of my bags. about £3500 worth of stuff damaged and they don’t even want to give us 10% of what was damaged?! we even sent proof of how much all the items cost from their official websites including receipts, yet this was still not sufficient proof for anyvan. we’re currently waiting for a reply by money and we’ve threatened that if we do not get a reply with the amount we are asking for, we will take it to a small claims court. DO NOT USE ANY VAN!
Driver turned up with his mate, who appeared drunk but he claimed had had a stroke (so why would you bring him to move a piano?) The mate then came out with sexualised verbal abuse so bad its now in the hands of the police. Then remarkably their van broke down in a residential street not on the route to delivery location. After being unable to speak to anyone other than the minimum wage call centre guy, was told piano could not be collected and delivered on, had to wait for van to be repaired, and a manager would speak to me in 24-48 hours, and then getting arsy, manager rang, piano now being delivered after 24 hour delay. The manager is going to raise with himself that the process for dealing with this is very poor as the process is the process, there is no intention of looking at it, and I got a £40 refund- wow! Hire a local man with van, you surely could not do worse. Took 24 hours to reach a poor resolution, 20 hours to speak to anyone in a position to do anything
AVIOD!AVIOD!AVIOD! Plenty of other services out there don't choose this! Hidden charges, bad customer service. They are quite nice until they get your money service goes out the window and its pay up or no refund! My booking went up 40% after paying to collection. Company exploits its drives if they don't complete work in non-workable time restrictions.
Please AVOID at all cost unless wants to know to what extended you could be put into trouble and check your stress management. , had horrible experience. Booked for the left over items in house move, clearly told the person over the phone many times about my bespoke items, not be noted correctly. When the driver turned up he looked at the items and said not in the list and he can take it. He left without picking up the items and me and my family with kids left with items on the wet day. Do not expect humanity or curtesy from their driver or from customer service person. The drivers are subcontracted and been paid peanuts to what we pay for the service. I was put under lot of stress some how I ended up finding someone local in 3 hours time we waited in the car all the time and with kids and new born. Though I paid bit more the move was hassle less, when I ask for my money back as they didn't provide the service they were so rude and ask to do whatever I want they won't return the money. To make it worst got a text message saying my items were delivered and could see the photos the driver took and the picking point saying he is going to send them to the customer service person to confirm, He added that to delivered picture, how sneaky and cheating, they just want a free money. Basically want to give NEGATIVE STAR the experience was that worst.
they are stealing money from the drivers.abusive operators,nonfrendly with the drivers.especially with foreign drivers.
Had a removal booked and six items were damaged. Because the removal guys only admitted to one i was offered 50% of the value of that one item and the rest were refused because i didn't have photographs of the items BEFORE i moved house. Being military i've moved a lot over the last 10 years and never had to make a claim. Well over £1000 worth of damage done and offered £50. Disgusted and will never use again
Just the WORST ... late rude driver, no communication, tracking didn't work, belligerent chat staff, driver refused to do job despite having exact details of what it was (a couple of large heavy items they didn't fancy carrying), extra charges.

A horrible experience. I spent 4 hours trying to get it resolved. It should have been so simple. Astonishing really how it could just be so wrong throughout, its almost like a sitcom. Avoid for your own sanity...
Absolute liars..
Absolute liars... they asked if they could deliver my Mercedes on an overnight service, as opposed to the same day. I agreed when they confirmed it would be kept in a secure compound. It was kept in a back street car park.... absolute lies... they turned the tracker off so I couldn’t track it, and I was twice promised I would receive a call from the transport team, in order that they could explain why they had lied.

Don’t trust them with anything valuable. I will be suing them for my money back.
The experience was pathetic to say the least. I booked for a removal from Hither Green to Dartford. Initially I booked for around 7.8 cubic m and paid for it. However, later I changed it to 7.2cu,m. However, there was no refund for the excess charge. I booked for slot 10-12. However, the driver did not turned up before 3 p.m. To add to it Customer services had no clue why there was a delay and there was no apology either from the driver or Anyvan. This was not the end. The driver arrived was rude. I booked for 23 boxes and the driver claimed that each box should be considered as two boxes and I need to pay more or he will not collect. In addition to that he offered no explanation for delay and started wasting more time by taking frequent smoke breaks.
After a lot of persuation he agreed but I had to actually get the extra boxes down for him when I have paid for all of them. It was specifically told in the job request that a bed needs to be disassembled and assembled and the driver need to come with required tools. They turned up with inadequate tools and refused to assemble the bed (even if it was paid for). When I refused to sign the job completion sheet, they somehow managed to assemble, but it was not done properly as the hinges came out the very next day. Really unhappy with the service and will not recommend Anyvan.
They broke mine and my husbands mattress and are refusing to cover cost of their damage. Saying it wasn’t broken when their drivers left. We have been sleeping on the couch for a week now as we can’t afford a new one. They were quite rude in their emails and offered us £50 for ‘goodwill’ claiming that they were doing that to be nice. They haven’t taken responsibility for breaking our belongings. When you pay for insurance in the move and something gets broke you expect it to be replaced. We also provided proof and rang up as soon as we saw the damage. Will absolutely not be using them again or recommending them to anyone. £350 gone and will now need to spend more on a new mattress
Drivers were rude. Ripped me off and added an extra £200 claiming I’m not on 2nd floor. I am most definitely on the 2nd floor. They said each landing inbetween the floors counts as another floor!! It’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. Also said its due to the walk from my flat, there is no walk. It’s down a corridor and the van was bang outside my entrance. Customer service were just as bad therefore pending legal action. Taken videos and pics. They haven’t got a leg to stand on. They also broke my TV. AVOID AT ALL COSTS. they are cheap for a reason. The first thing thing the driver did when he arrived was say ooo they look heavy and started moaning. It’s a bed and a sofa. DOH! They made my move 1000 times worse and the only comfort was the nice pad I moved into at the end. What’s worse is I used this company to move into the flat I just moved out of and they didn’t charge me for the apparent walk from my flat to the lifts (takes 10 seconds btw) but this time they do! They also didn’t turn up to that move and we had to rebook for the day after. Yes I’m stupid for using them again but was trying to save money. And it’s backfired.
The driver assigned to me was called Lethal, you only find out the name when they are on the way to you and you have already paid for the service.
I spotted 'Lethal' dealing drugs whilst on the job. I would have liked to take a photograph in order to prove this but he had all my possessions in his van and I was on my own feeling very vulnerable.
Complained to AnyVan and heard nothing back. Unethical, rude, dismissive company that don't care about putting their customers in a vulnerable situation.
ANYVAN is rated 3.15 based on 1,040 reviews