ANYVAN Reviews

Read ANYVAN Reviews

About ANYVAN:

AnyVan - Move Anything, Anywhere

Save up to 75% on deliveries and removals

No matter what you are moving; from a King-Sized bed to a framed picture of the Queen; a Grand Piano to a classic Ford Capri; we’ll take care of it all the way from Penzance to Peterhead and beyond.

We do this by marrying people looking to move something with our trusted team of AnyVanners. They are equipped with the knowledge and expertise to go the extra mile. And our customer team are always on hand to ensure there is a friendly person to guide you through the journey.

reviews@anyvan.com

5 -17 Hammersmith Grove The Triangle Hammersmith London

Tell us how ANYVAN made you happy
They sent a pitifully small van, necessitating two journeys between locations
Upon arrival,
at the new house, the men immediately complained, saying there were more boxes than stated, I had notified the company of the number, but they denied this, and charged an extra £70; they complained about the amount of walking, and notified the company of an exaggerated distance by 30%, and charged £170 extra.There was nothing on the booking form to notify them of distance, nor in their terms and conditions.
They left two items behind, clothes, and a large painting.
They told me that they would reimburse me for the cost of moving by another company, but later denied saying this, because there was no record of the conversation, and then said they would have done the additional move for me.
The additional move by another company amounted to £48 (1 hour ,£40 =VAT)
They refused to reimburse me the full cost, and after five calls, they decided to reimburse me £35, as a goodwill gesture!
In the end, it cost me far more than a regular moving company,
the service was vey poor, the extra charges extortionate, about which I shall contact the Citizens Advice Bureau.
SO DON'T EVER USE THEM!
If I could give less than one star... I would.

I booked my AnyVan driver 3 weeks in advance. Received a call 2 days before to confirm my itinerary. Followed my driver live on the tracking link (in which it notified me he would be late for pick up).

Then 30 mins AFTER the allotted collection slot, I received a call saying that my driver could not complete the booking (no rationale given).

I asked for a replacement - they said they could try to find one but couldn't confirm a timeline. When I asked if I could also keep trying to find my own replacement, they said they wouldn't be able to refund me if I found a replacement and they didn't... so I was left at their mercy. Gave them another 3 hours to fix the problem and guess what? They didn't come through.

By some miracle (and lots of frantic calling of friends) I found a replacement service with another (EXCELLENT) company - check them out at manplusvan dot co dot uk.

But would I trust AnyVan now or in the future? No. Never again.

As a result of their incompetence, I was liable for another month's rent, penalties for late check out and in breach of my housing contract. They left me on the side of the street with all my stuff, in the rain, on the eve of a national lockdown. Absolutely appalling.

I'd discourage anyone from using their services.
Beware no removal men the lowest drivers you can imagine even my neighbours saw. They smoked POT on the job and wrecked my walls at the collection and delivery and broke furniture and soiled it in a dirty van. The company got out of it and took their low life staffs side. My own fault for booking such a disgusting company. My neighbours said you were lucky to get your furniture back as they looked like they would have nicked it. Damage caused to everytjing and ignored by anyvan until I got fedup of waiting weeks for a respectful response to £449 and £250 pieces of furniture they didn,t care one bit!!!!!! If you want to put your furniture on a bonfire after these have handled it book them to scrap it. And my home and my daughters home were both damaged and both immaculate newbuild or newly decorated homes which these type shpuld not have stepped thru the door of.
I wouldn't even rate it one star if I had the option!!

We were quoted £180 for a small chest of drawers n a small single (according to them a double) wardrobe to be taken to one address down the road. And then from that same address a futon Matress back to the original address along with the frame picked up along the way.

They come to mine... Decided the wardrobe won't get out... Despite my telling them it came in together.. So will go out together... Nope. Can't do it. So I call the company for a refund on the wardrobe only to be told no. No refund. So I've paid £180 for a small three draw chest of drawers, a futon Matress and small futon frame... To be moved down the road . No refund on the wardrobe. Shocking!!!!

The wardrobe went in like that... Why can't it go out like that... They didn't even attempt it because then I won't be entitled to refund... Which apparently I'm not entitled to anyway! no refund.
Im a single mum, that works nights and I literally saved every spare penny for three months to get this done.

So im £180 down. Wardrobe still in property. No refund for items not taken.

Luckily...i have two guys coming this evening to take the wardrobe to where its meant to go... . And i will be recording it to prove it can be done!!!! No doubt it'l make no difference to them and they'll still refuse the refund. But I will make it known that they're scam artists and rip off merchants!!
Absolutely fuming!!!!!
Cannot believe it.
terrible service while waiting to get my removal,then came at 7.oclock at night with to guys who hardly spoke english,had no protectors for your floor or there feet were rough with my furniture,do not use this setupas you do not know who is coming to do your flit
I sold a rowing machine on eBay. The buyer arranged for Anyvan to collect the item. The delivery driver did not have the eBay collection code which the buyer confirmed with me that Anyvan would have. I didn’t let them take the item since they didn’t have the code. I needed the code as proof of collection. Within 30mins the drivers returned with the collection code. But the were not in a very friendly mood to say the least at being delayed. It wasn’t a very comfortable situation to be in since the drivers were in a bad mood. I closed the door when they started to carry the rowing machine away and I heard one of the drivers say to the other “go to the other side and I’ll pass it over the wall”. Closing the door and not watching the drivers while the completed the loading process was my mistake. About 10 minutes later when I look out the front window and they had left. I noticed that a coping stone had been knocked of the top of my wall which had resulted in knocking some render of my wall.
I never arranged the collection so first up Anyvan informed me that I wasn’t there customer so there was nothing they could do. I got the booking reference off the person I sold the rowing machine to and they gave me permission to pursue a claim with Anyvan for the damaged they caused.
I provided photos of the damage wall to Anyvay. They responded by saying that they have carried out a full investigation and since I had no photos of the wall before the delivery showing that it wasn’t damage, they could accept any responsibility.
They also told me that I should have contacted the “transport provider who carried out the collection” I actually could not believe they told me that. Since I have no idea who the “transport provider” is since I never booked them, Anyvan did. They sent them to my house. I have no details of the persons Anyvan sent to my house. I’ve requested details of the “transport provider” from Anyvan but they refuse to give them to me and they have stopped responding to my emails and attempts to contact them.
I found their whole response quite unsatisfactory. If you are to take your chances and use this company, I recommend that you take photos of your property before they arrive. Because if they damaged your home their main concern is not making the situation good again. Their only concern is washing their hands of the whole situation.
When I now sell on Ebay, I will never let the buyer use Anyvan to book the collection and I myself will never use Anyvan’s services again. They were one of the worst, if not the worst company I have ever used.
Taken full payment ,told job will be done all booked , So I booked days off arranged everything, then told they can’t do the job don’t have transport to do the job , so then told will have to wait 3-5 days for my £340 back , DO NOT USE, cowboy company,
Was advised by their complaints department to take in-depth photos and videos of any item prior to the move. Then to film the delivery. Otherwise they will dismiss any of your complaints.

Would never recommend.
Paid for Art Deco wardrobes to be collected from a private seller and placed in my daughters bedroom.

Drivers wearing no PPE at all, rather rude and short tempered. Touched our personal belongings in the house. Which he had no right to. Refused to Wash hands or use hand sanitiser. Wanted to rush the job and go.

Drivers wore really rough with the wardrobes. There was a trail of wood going from front door up the stairs and throughout the house.

They bumped the wardrobe upstairs.

Second wardrobe refused to take upstairs

We asked them to place the wardrobe in the dining room and explained that we would have to move boxes out the way. The driver stated to pick the boxes up and throw them out the way. One of the boxes hit my sewing machine. Luckily this was not damaged. And the boxes wore going to charity.

The wardrobe was bashed around so much that it is unusable. When I opened the door the middle panel flow out and the wardrobe fell forward. This is now leaning against the wall and has been wedged in to ensure it doesn’t fall towards. Panels completely out of line.

Phoned up and complained immediately. Guy over the phone dealt with the issue professionally. Referring to complaint department.

Complaint department state we are not entitled at all to a refund of the delivery as they wore delivered. It doesn’t mater the condition of the delivery. Just that they wore DROPED off at the house.

They are not willing to pay for to pay for the expenses that we will have to pay to get the council to collect and throw away the wardrobe.

No care, no customer services, no empathy at all from the complaints team.

I was told that I should have gotten 360o photos and videos of the wardrobes to prove that I didn’t buy and pay for transportation of a broken unusable wardrobe. Also that I should have videoed the drivers from arrival to departure to prove they wore the ones damaging the furniture.

If you want your furniture demolished, to waste your time complaining to mangers that don’t care about your views or custom, and employee employees that do not following public health guidelines during a world wide health pandemic. These are your guys. Just remember to get your camera at the ready... as verbally advised by their complaints manager.
Following my booking with AnyVan, I wanted to say that the people that came to my house were very friendly and helpful and did what they could. However, I am very disappointed that it was not possible to get my treadmill downstairs, and yet I had to pay full price. It needed to be dismantled to get it down the stairs (there is a narrow doorway) and around the corner to the basement - I was unsure if this was the case but for £86, I thought this would be included in the price (£86 is expensive to move 1 item). I want to make it clear that there was a miscommunication in what needed doing, as I thought the removal service would be equipped to do this. But even if not included in the price, I can understand that I would still have to pay a call-out fee, but I don't think paying full price is acceptable.
I want to stress that the people that came were as helpful as they could be but that I was then put in a position where I was told by someone on the phone that I would either have to risk my treadmill being damaged on the way down, as it couldn't be dismantled, or cancel without a refund. There was no option to rearrange the visit with a team that could help dismantle it and get it downstairs (which is what I thought I had arranged and pay for in the first place). I don't think this is acceptable and would like a refund for some of the money. I used the LiveChat service to explain this and the person I spoke to was polite but confirmed that I would not be able to receive a part refund. I am very disappointed with the AnyVan service, which is a shame as the people that came were very friendly.
I will be seeking legal advice.
I will be seeking legal advice and would advise anyone using AnyVan to be overly clear as I think miscommunication can be easily done with this company.
Pooooor company just use the driver and van this company don't have any van and take the money and don't give a 40/ to driver
Absolutely awful experience.

They arrived 3 hours late, when I asked the driver why he responded "sorry that's how business is". The moving men was one short angry bloke and a kid who can barely carry himself let alone a table.

After arriving late they refused to take furniture from upstairs as they have ground floor only collection even though it clearly states upstairs and downstairs on the order receipt, so we had to pay an additional 20.00

They started carrying our goods and scratched our wall and damaged our radiator barging the table through instead of trying different methods. When moving the furniture to our new house they proceeded to shove our furniture against the door frame damaging it in the process, we advised they can carry the furniture through the back of the house but they didn't want to do the extra work so damaging my house was a better idea I suppose.

Most the day the short angry one spent his time swearing and belittling the kid that was with him saying he's useless and can't carry anything, to top the day off the imbecile reversed and knocked into my neighbours tree.

Do not use this scam company, god knows how they got positive reviews.
Absolutely awful experience.

Do not use this scam company, god knows how they got positive reviews.
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! I am honestly in shock at the "customer service" from AnyVan. It was a disaster from start to finish. They damaged multiple items in my move and refused to offer compensation even with clear photographic evidence of items before and after. Essentially if their drivers (who are actually all third party drivers with no connection to them) claim there was no damage they take their word over yours (even with clear photographic evidence). Of course the driver is going to claim they didn't damage anything!? So much for the customer is always right. On top of this - their drivers also made me pay cash on the day for extra "services" that were not discussed ahead of time - and AnyVan claimed they knew nothing about this (nice pocket money for the drivers I guess). The drivers also did not follow any Covid protocols - no masks, hand washing or social distancing. Completely unprofessional. AVOID AT ALL COSTS - not worth saving a few extra ££ for the damage caused and horrific customer service.
The transport team were a group of casual people, 4, paid £70 each cash by the driver. The vans were hired, the drivers unidentified. No packing materials, and although an inventory provided ignored. Household goods were simply heaped into the vans, multiple trips were made, wouldn't disclose the name or location of the storage facility. These were the household possessions of a single mother. The men involved slept over night in one van among the furniture. Arrived next day smelling of marijuana. Eventually storage facility located and photos taken with witnesses. Goods delivered from storage by reputable company. All unpacked goods photographed. Considerable damage photographed by this second company incurred during Anyvan operation to protect their liability. Initially offered £50 credit by Anyvan. Damage alone is estimated as in excess of £2,500 plus additional costs of over £2,500. The client is a single mother, now under high stress.
Most of the claims made by Anyvan in their literature are suspect. They are merely a handling office.
Do not use them.
Minus a star would be more accurate. Full house removal booked from Stone, Staffs to Sheffield. An hour late arriving with what I consider a half size van despite the full list of contents for a three bedroom + 4 other roomed house. Obviously subcontracted which we weren’t told. Two men seemed to be inexperienced at loading, were more concerned about any extra bags, boxes as if they were the cause of what would be an extra journey. We’d been told that extra last minute boxes were always expected and they were only small. My partner did nearly as much loading as they in an effort to move things on. Communication with AnyVan about the problem was a waste of time as they didn’t keep to what they promised to sort things out. Had paid £653 already and not prepared to pay double for another trip.
We left after the van and arrived at 3pm. They rang after 4 to say they’d had a puncture and hadn’t got the necessary nut key. After several calls with AnyVan the men called to say they’d be with us in 20 minutes. They arrived after 5:30 and stood there. When they did eventually empty the van, they put it all in the downstairs rooms. My partner and his friend had to take things upstairs.
The next day we hired a van for another £150 and do the second journey ourselves, wishing we’d done that in the first place. Complaints to AnyVan are a waste of time. I was told they don’t pay any compensation, then suddenly after more communication £40 landed in my account! We wrote a full complaint to the suggested Ombudsman but were told that they were not a member of the Removal Industry Ombudsman Scheme. Surprise! Surprise!!
Booked and paid, however they called the morning before to say they could not fit my garage door in their vans. I've had things delivered with them before and it would definitely have fit inside their vans. I just don't think they wanted to do the job at the price as I had credit on my account already due to a previous error on their part. Went to a competitor in the end, paid more at short notice but well worth it. Won't be using again. It's been 6 days and still not processed the refund.
As a driver work with Anyvan it is the worst company you work with even if you have a serious issue no one cares if you call them. They are paying pennies to drivers.
My furniture was all damaged. 15 emails later offered £50 by their claims manager . My sofas that were torn were £3k. They act as a third party and are stating I have to take it up with the transport provider that they sold the job too, have given me hardly any details to track the men down and turns out the company doesn’t exist
Terrible customer service. Despite numerous emails and pictures of damaged furniture still not accepting liability. If you value your belongings do not use. Drivers turn up (third party) no care whatsoever put a dent in my wall and my sofas and chairs covered in abrasion marks. This was reported at the time to the drivers and acknowledged and we were told it had to go through Anyvan! Which it did but now told it’s not there problem as the drivers are not admitting to damaging the stuff so no proof! They say they only cover fire and theft unless you’ve taken out separate damage insurance! £200 out of pocket and damage to sofas to repair.
ANYVAN is rated 3.14 based on 878 reviews