Wilkinson Cameras Reviews

97% of reviewers recommend Wilkinson Cameras

About Wilkinson Cameras: Wilkinson Cameras, founded in 1986, is an independent photographic retailer with 10 high street stores across the northwest of England and offering UK-wide sales through www.wilkinson.co.uk

sales@wilkinson.co.uk

Find your nearest store at www.wilkinson.co.uk/stores

How would you rate Wilkinson Cameras?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

Verified Buyer
"Very straight forward purchase staff very helpful one of the items was not in stock they called me and let me know and still sent out the other item. Call the staff with different qestions and they have all helped me.😄😄"
Mr J Dodd
"had the item in stock, Profoto A1 only dealer in the UK that had stock, next day delivery spot on"
Mr J McKeown
Mr J McKeown
Verified Buyer
"A Leica film body ordered and a nice long wait - Leica are not producing these on a mass production platform - but so nice that Wilkinsons - Paul at I believe the Preston branch - kept me informed and in recent weeks chased Leica. So a big thankyou. I have my Leica!"
Dr M Ripley
Verified Buyer
"rapid delivery of good products"
Mr A Stammers
Verified Buyer
"Very good price on a manfrotto tripod, excellent service when I called to add a carry bag to the order - all dispatched and delivered very swiftly."
"Purchased a new Nikon D3400 DSLR. The camera arrived quickly, and works perfectly. Very pleased with the price, which for a new camera, was equivalent to prices quoted for the same model (used) on other websites."
Mr N Harris
Verified Buyer
"Good product. Delivered promptly. Very good price."
"Excellent service from them & quick delivery. Tripod box was a little stoved in at both ends but contents were fine. First-time customer & would certainly use again, thank you."
"28/1/18 Liverpool store. Wanted to purchase a Canon EOS77D body only at £699. Was quoted part exchange over phone of £100 for Canon EOS100D. When I arrived at shop, lady called Lesley checked camera and informed me that eye cup was missing and said they could not accept the camera. She suggested that I go online, buy one and she would accept it. On asking if they sold the eye cup, she said they did and that they were £10, which she would deduct from the trade-in. I asked her if she would waiver the £10 in light of the fact I was spending £600? She replied that it was not company policy. I have purchased my camera elsewhere, and will not be shopping at Wilkinsons in the future."
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We have fully investigated your in-store experience that day, including reviewing the CCTV and speaking with any staff members involved.

We are sorry if you feel that you didn’t have the best experience in the store and we always analyse any feedback given to us, looking for ways to improve and rectify any problems. Below is the result of our findings and explanations to any concerns you have raised.

When you called the store and asked for a valuation over the phone, you were offered £100 based on the condition described over the phone and subject to inspection.

When seeing the camera in-store, Liz noticed there was no eye cup and warned you that this would affect the value, reducing it to £90. She suggested that if you wished to order an eye cup online and come back, that the full value of £100 could be given, alternatively we would need to add one - we sell this item for £10. Liz was going against company policy by advising you obtain an eyecup elsewhere in order to try to get you the best deal possible.

You allowed Liz to continue inspecting the camera, but then you became quite irate and aggressive in your demeanor - this behavior included raising your voice and pointing your finger at Liz to the extent that your own daughter requested that you stopped. Your behavior was such, that after you left two customers present in the store expressed their shock over how you had treated our staff member.

Despite this, Liz continued to try to serve you in a calm and professional manner until you chose to leave the store.

Part-ex valuations are given based on the value of the goods as a part exchange, not a cash buy-in and do not take into account the value of the new item you are buying; only the value of your equipment with a bonus for part-exchanging. So, whether you are buying something for £500 or £5000, we will offer you a fair price for your part-exchange equipment. We feel this is the fairest way.
Therefore, the fact that you were buying something else had already been included in the valuation and in fact, Liz had offered slightly more than the guideline price for an item with no box and a missing eyecup.

We hope the above offers some insight into your visit to the store and clarifies your concerns raised over the part-ex value given for your camera.

Regards,
Wilkinson Cameras
"I can not fault the service from Wilkinson Cameras. The lens was exactly as described in fact much better. Communication was also prompt in answering my question regarding the lens. The lens was posted on an overnight delivery! very few companies go to this length. I have no problem purchasing from them in the future."
Mr I Davis
Verified Buyer
"Fast delivery, product and a great price."
Mr P Tillsley
Verified Buyer
"Camera received the next day after ordering and it was exactly as described."
Miss M Pasztorova
Verified Buyer
"Excellent service,unbeatable prices and quick delivery. Will use them again."
"Prompt delivery online with product in good condition"
"Great service, great communication, would use again"
"Easy to purchase on line. Delivered promptly on time."
"LOVELY STAFF. VERY HELPFUL."
(Southport) - Posted 1 month ago
Mr G Stanley
Verified Buyer
"Shopped on line, really good price & very prompt delivery."
"cheap price"
"Patient, knowledgeable, nothing too much trouble. Approachable and always available to deal with enquiries and let you try cameras. Extremely polite."
(Carlisle) - Posted 1 month ago
"The staff are extremely patient and helpful. They also gave us, what we considered, to be a fair price for trade in. We called in a few times to ask questions on the use of ounasonic Camera. We have used this store for over ten years for many photographic purchases."
"The lens I ordered came promptly and well packaged. The price for the lens at that time was the cheapest. I would have no reason to not purchase from Wilkinson Cameras again. A satisfied customer."
(Burnley) - Posted 1 month ago
Mr P Meredith
Verified Buyer
"Took a long time to fathom the disc printing. OK now. The printer is excellant"
(Burnley) - Posted 1 month ago