Wilkinson Cameras Reviews

97% of reviewers recommend Wilkinson Cameras

About Wilkinson Cameras: Wilkinson Cameras, founded in 1986, is an independent photographic retailer with 10 high street stores across the northwest of England and offering UK-wide sales through www.wilkinson.co.uk

sales@wilkinson.co.uk

Find your nearest store at www.wilkinson.co.uk/stores

How would you rate Wilkinson Cameras?

Verified Buyer

A Leica film body ordered and a nice long wait - Leica are not producing these on a mass production platform - but so nice that Wilkinsons - Paul at I believe the Preston branch - kept me informed and in recent weeks chased Leica. So a big thankyou. I have my Leica!
A Walker
A Walker
Verified Reviewer

Have to say very helpful staff and great knowledge on your products very impressed with my new lens.
C Vere
Unverified Reviewer

Sara at Southport today solved a problem that I had with my Nikon D7200 - she explained on the telephone how to put the battery cover back after I had e mailed her photographs. She confirmed that her diagnosis was right by using shop stock to see that her solution worked. She sets a very high standard of customer care. Thanks Sara ! You sorted the problem in less than 10 minutes.

Verified Buyer

Flawless process and rapid delivery.

Good service
Mr R Caddy
Verified Buyer

I found the advice I sought was very good & the delivery service was excellent.
Mr D Fairfield
Verified Buyer

Speedy and well informed delivery process
J Lord
Verified Reviewer

I bought a camera from bury store 2 months ago and it stopped working the staff insisted that i had dropped or misused it said they would send back to sony but i was wasting my time . I will NEVER darken there door again as the staff were very unhelpful . This is the third camera i have bought from them but never again . I never dropped or misused the camera . and over the passed 10 years have spent in the region of £4000 .
(Bury) - Posted 5 days ago
Good afternoon, I have reviewed the information we have in order to investigate your complaint. You came in to the Bury store today with your Sony WX500. The lens on your camera had suffered damage which is consistent with a bang or a knock during use, which is why it appears to be at an angle. It is a most unusual fault to develop without some form of impact damage, which is why you were advised that any type of misuse or accidental damage is not covered by the Sony warranty. It is important to warn you of this upfront so you are aware of the potential outcome of any warranty investigation by Sony, particularly as there may be costs incurred where a fault is deemed to have be caused by damage or misuse, as opposed to a manufacturing fault. At this point, I have been informed that you told us you didn't wish to proceed and that we should throw the camera in the bin. You then left the shop leaving the camera, complete with memory card, in our possession. Of course, we haven't thrown this in the bin and it will be stored safely, in case you change your mind and wish to proceed with any further investigations, whether that be under warranty with Sony or a repair estimate. It may be that even if Sony declare that any repairs are not covered by the warranty that it is cost effective to repair the camera, rather than replace it. I hope my response has cleared things up for you. The team at the Bury store would love to help you find a resolution that gets you out taking pictures again with your WX500. We will keep hold of the camera until December 31st 2017 whilst we await your decision. After this date, it will be disposed of accordingly. I have also sent a copy of this reply to the email address used when purchasing the camera. Regards, Alex | Wilkinson Cameras

***Please note, I have just edited the original review to correct a spelling mistake and also the date of December 31st, which originally said 2018, but we will only keep hold of the camera until December 31st 2017 unless we hear from you.****
D Rawson
Verified Reviewer

Ordered a Manfrotto MT055XPRO 3 & Manfrotto 410 Geared Head. Great prices, especially the tripod as no one came close on line. Before buying I asked a few questions via live help, prompt response and informative. I ordered just before dinner through the free delivery option. It said 2-3 days. It arrived at 9.30 the following morning. Very well packaged, contents in perfect condition. Great price, great customer service. Very impressed, I’ll be using them again and highly recommend them.
Mr D Wilmot
Verified Buyer

Prompt,reassuring and uncomplicated process-very good
S Walker, Southport
Verified Reviewer

I have spent many thousands of pounds on cameras, drones and lenses at the Southport store. The staff are knowledgeable, helpful and friendly, and the prices are highly competitive for a high street store. I thoroughly recommend this company to anyone interested in improving their photography or who is taking up photography for the first time.
Mr S Peat

Excellent service
N Manson
Verified Buyer

Good price, quick delivery ( I also use our local shop sometimes - also good)
Mr P PALLETT
Verified Buyer

Good telephone response and timely delivery for on line order
Verified Buyer

Ordered and dispatched the same day, arrived two days later using the free postage option. Emails received keeping me up to date with proceedings. Very happy, would have no problem recommending to others.
Mr A Davies

Excellent customer service
Verified Buyer

I was relying on and paid for next day delivery, exactly what I received, many thanks.
Dr R Farrands
Verified Buyer

Prompt accurate and right priced
K Marmont
Unverified Reviewer

Top quality products at low prices.
Mr R Brookes
Verified Buyer

An excellent company, staff are helpful and knowledgeable. On line services are prompt.
J Fitzpatrick
Verified Reviewer

Warrington staff yet again sorted out my problem with my purchase very helpful and a good reason to buy at a store you can trust and not on line
many thanks
A Crockatt
Verified Buyer

I had a very helpful telephone conversation with your Liverpool Office. They recommended your website. I looked on the website and found what might be the right thing and it was.
Then I ordered it and surprise surprise it arrived within 2 days. Excellent. I shall not hestate to contact you again.
Wilkinson Cameras is rated 4.80 based on 1,146 reviews