Wigley DIY Reviews

of reviewers recommend Wigley DIY
customer service
Read Wigley DIY Reviews

Tell us how Wigley DIY made you happy
The product was very good, but not impressed by the delivery people who left my parcel on the doorstep when I told them to leave it behind the side gate!The card that was posted through my door said, "left as instructed". Not happy with this at all, and sadly,it puts me off using them again.
Hi Muriel,

Thanks for your feedback. I have checked and the instructions were added to your delivery information as requested. I'm not sure why the delivery driver didn't follow them, but I do apologise and I will pass your complaint onto APC.

I am glad that the order arrived on time and you are happy with the product.

Director
Usually would review as very good; I have had no issues with any of my previous orders. However the all the lids of the spray paint I ordered were crushed which means the sprays have been open and started rusting, and I can't stack them up for storage like I usually do.
Hi Fhionna,

I am really sorry to hear that the spray paint you ordered was damaged in transit. I have e-mailed you privately and will arrange replacements to be sent out.

We will always sort out any issues will damaged deliveries if you let us know about them straight away.

Director
Expensive delivery option this cost more than the item and there was only one delivery option
Hi Ben,

Thanks for your order and your feedback.

Our delivery charges are made clear on the 'Delivery and Returns' page, which is linked to from a number of different places on our website. We would therefore hope that you were aware of the charge and happy to pay it before you placed your order.

We endeavor to keep our product prices as low as possible and we feel that the delivery charge is very fair for the service we offer, we make no money on this charge.

Director
Good product and service, but price when I added postage was quite expensive.
Thanks for your review, we are always keen to hear feedback whether that is positive or negative.

I am glad you were happy with the product and service. I note that your parcel was delivered next day as promised. This is why we are sometimes slightly more expensive than other suppliers, but we believe to be very good value for the service we offer.

We make our delivery policy available in a number of places so it is clear from the outset what you will be charged before you order.

I have just checked and our delivered price is £2.76 cheaper than the national competitor selling the same item, and that will take them 4 working days to deliver.

Director
In my opinion the item I purchased was not as described and of poor quality. I was given a full refund including initial p&p but was advised to return with proof of purchase which cost more than the original postal cost.
The item was well packed and dispatched quickly. However I felt let down by not being given a delivery slot, which meant I had to wait in without any clue as to what time the item might arrive. As it was I missed the courier by 5 minutes, so I then had the unwelcome choices of repeating the whole performance the following day or making a 10 mile round trip to collect it myself (which I did). Most other retailers will make some sort of arrangement to tell the customer what time the item is likely to arrive and I felt that your performance in this respect was lacking.
Hi Geoffrey,

I am sorry that you feel our service was lacking on this occasion. We understand that waiting for a delivery can be frustrating and are looking at having the delivery slot feature that you mentioned in the near future. We do have the option on our site for your delivery to be left in a safe place or with a neighbour, this can be found on the checkout page, this is however bypassed if you choose PayPal Express checkout.

Director
i am a pensioner in my 70"s and when I bought the Hozelock coiled hose from you, I hadn't realised the impossibility of fitting the two fixings onto the hose. i warmed the hose end in hot water but still unable to push them on, so I had a hose which i was not able to use. i phoned the customer help line, explained about my age , some arthritis in my hands and my frustration at having bought something from you which I am unable to use. I asked if I could have a pre-paid label to enable me to return it to you without the expense of another six pound postage. The person I spoke to said that it was not your policy to provide the pre-paid label and directed me to contact Hozelock for help ! So I am not impressed with the service I received from you From.. Mrs G. House AL3 4BJ
I am sorry to hear that you found the service you received to be below our usual high standards. I have spoken to the member of staff involved who explained what happened.

It is correct that we do not provide pre-paid postage labels for ALL returns, however we do arrange for free collection of any faulty products. I think what the member of staff was trying to establish was whether the item was faulty or you were simply unhappy with it.

We have found that Hozelock's customer service team are excellent at diagnosing any issues and sending out replacement parts immediately if any problems are found. They would have been able to tell you straight away if the issues you were experiencing were normal, or whether there was an issue which then would have been resolved by us, or them.

We like to make sure our customers are happy, so I am disappointed that we have let you down on this occasion. I am going to be in contact shortly to sort this out for you.

Wigley DIY is rated 4.92 based on 2,010 reviews