We Buy Any Car Reviews

of reviewers recommend We Buy Any Car
Telephone
Read We Buy Any Car Reviews

About We Buy Any Car:

We're the UK's largest car buying service and have helped over 2 million customers to sell their car since 2006. Our simple three step process provides our customers with a quick, easy, safe and convenient way of selling their car. Free from the hassles of private sale and the inevitable haggle of part-exchange. But believe it or not, we do more than just buy cars.

With over 700 employees and over 350 branches nationwide, we're a pretty big team and there's a lot that goes on behind the scenes.

Tell us how We Buy Any Car made you happy
Offered me $1,800 shows up offers me $230 Insulting time wasting!
Quoted x amount online including faults etc. Drove 20 miles for the quote to drop £1500!!!! because of a small stone chip! What an absolute waste of time - total con artists in my opinion.
On line valuation of £2000 mine is a VERY low mileage clean car, your assessor looked for any minor blemishes to devalue my car, he did by £500 pounds the way he scrutinized my car car was an insult to me, WASTE OF MY TIME AND EFFORT NEVER AGAIN
Absolute rip off . Worcester gave me a quote , then knocked of £800 for miniscule detail like a chip Mark on an alloy wheel.There were no dents ,scratches and immaculate inside and out d full service history on my Audi A5. Will never use them again. Waste of time ,and they don't care !!
I had a quote and expected to get somewhere near it. I had to travel 30 miles and my daughter followed me in anticipation of taking me home. Not so!
The car is immaculate just a couple of little marks on an alloy wheel ,Audi A5 cabriolet , full service history etc ,again as with other customers the offer was nearly £800 below what they quoted.
He couldn't defend it when I asked him for a rough breakdown on the cost of the wheel repair . Obviously working to a directive of some sort. Oh final comment from the guy at Worcester was if you could find a better price good luck !!
That's exactly what I will do and never use this crowd of rip off merchants again. My advice ,don't bother wasting your time ,they think your desperate !!
please avoid this
AVOID AVOID AVOID!! Absolutely thirsty salespeople yet also extremely rude! Go elsewhere!
This company has twice tried to rip me off !!! Please, please, please stay away from them. First car I took there, they offered £1250 and when we got there this came down to £250!!! I walked away and 5 days later managed to get £1500... I then went again with another vehicle , this time we were offered £1600 and then when we got there they offered me £750... Robbing unscrupulous barstewards....never never ever again... Philip Schofield, hang your head in shame for being the face of this complete shower ...
WBAC is worse than a bent Spanish Car Rental company which will go round your returned car finding the most minor faults and scratches so they can raid your credit card. The branch I went to in Canterbury with my 16-year old BMW 6-series 'found' things like a slight bubble in the car paintwork on a door, a scratch on the driver's door, a bit of damage under the front spoiler and a few other minor faults - all of which reduced their offer price by a half from £3,000 to £1,500. When the guy started this minute inspection (he ought to have had a microscope to help him) he asked me if I would like to look at the faults as he went around the car. I told him no as I said to him I realised that it was his job to knock down the value as much as possible. An accusation he firmly denied stating that if it was up to him he'd offer me a million pounds for the vehicle. Alas, this never happened. He also went online to tell me that the car had been involved in an accident a mere 13 years and a few owners ago - which was totally new to me and totally irrelevant to the estimate. Unless you're absolutely desperate, take my word and avoid this company like you'd avoid Covid 19. They are truly a bunch of crooks. And when they read this and reply something like 'sorry to hear about your experience... blah... blah... area manager' please ignore it.
I sold my car at the Hove branch what a total rip-off they are.
the Inspector was so full of himself my car is 7-years old look like new diesel only done 30.000 miles one quote gave me online was over 6000 pound 3 weeks later it was £5,000 as I needed the money I took it there he said there was a slight scratch and a SCUF on the wheel they were brand new tyres Michelin only had them on 3-weeks he devalued it buy £300 he told me it has to be in showroom condition to get the asking price they give you online
tell me one car after 7 years that has not got something wrong with it total rip-off be very careful when dealing with these people you never get the price they say online
Dishonest, deceptive, rude - stay away from these people.
I first obtained my car valuation £723 for a VW Touran 05 reg) about three of weeks ago. I was not ready to sell my car, as I was still looking to buy a new one. WBAC kept sending me emails trying to lure me by indicating that a car of this type is likely to get a higher price in October and with a FSH. I obtained a another valuation which was lower than before (£650) a couple of days ago and booked an appointment for this morning (20/10/20). In the appointment confirmation email they mentioned for the first time that there is an Admin fee (£50).
I still went ahead as I already bought a new car. When arrived at the site at the appointed time, a WBAC staff told me that £650 valuation was for a car that is in show room condition. As my car was not in show room condition, they will offer me less, but will confirm the amount after completing the inspection. I expressed my dissatisfaction that I had not been informed before that the valuation was for a show room condition car. The staff member was very rude; shouted at me “you wasted my time”.
Sharks in wolves clothing - shabby pressure tactics - "Call the manager" "Can just fit you in today only" etc

Starting price is market comparable but is a teaser - by the time you have finished you have paid for one of their ads and should you have agreed been robbed in broad daylight

Sold elsewhere for the original offer no quibbles
Very poor the price went down £700 when I went to there base told me my car needed paintwork to bring it up to there standard but that’s not true as all cars go to auction as they’re owned by BCA don’t be fooled by a script talking buyer
The guy had a script he was following. It was a complete scam
How on Gods earth has trust pilot given this pathetic outfit 5 stars is beyond me. Please please reconsider before setting off to see these con artists. Whatever price they originally give you automatically take 40% off it and you'll be were they are. They all work on commission so the cheaper they can buy your car the more commission they get.
If I could give this abysmal apology for a company a zero I would. Booked in yesterday and left after over 45 minutes waiting. Booked again today and told them where to shove it! Was offered £600 last month (they said they’d honour this offer whilst we got the docs in place) and £175 today when the car hasn’t left the driveway in-between. Robbing, incompetent thieves. Decided instead to donate the car to a a veteran in need rather than let this shower of detritus take a single penny. We’re sleeping soundly tonight 😊
Kept sitting around 70 mins after appointment in very odd setting of deserted office building on a solihull business park. No apology but a few utterings of it wouldn’t be much longer. Mention of tea/coffee which never materialised. Offhand and officious manner to us and other potential customers who were also waiting around.
Eventually we left and came home. Very discourteous treatment from this company.
yes definitely are con artist, I had my doubts, I still have them benefit of dowd..the guy took £100 off every little scratch, no test driving, I mean engine could've been failure..they just interested in bodywork .. from £2700 offered me £1800. KEEP AWAY FROM THEM. PERSONALLY THEY NEED TO GO. PUBLIC SHOULD KNOW WHAT THEY ARE ABOUT!
I want to thank Jacquie at midstream she are the best and really bend backwards to help you .Then I want to thank Jens at Silverlake he are the salesmen that make webye cars a pleasant experience and it's a pleasure byeing a car
The worst company to deal with! Rude and arrogant staff

2 months on and still waiting for £340 refund from them! No phone number to contact them on at head office!

Disgraceful company!!