Waggel Reviews

of reviewers recommend Waggel
Live Chat, Email
Read Waggel Reviews

About Waggel:

We hate nasty surprises as much as anybody, whether it’s on the carpet when we get home or hidden away in a pet insurance policy. Waggel’s all-inclusive, lifetime pet insurance has been designed to give you everything we think you’ll need and more!

* One comprehensive, lifetime pet insurance policy (we even include dental).
* Designed by pet owners and vets.
* Save thousands over your dog’s lifetime.
* No more hassle, no more hold music, no more hating your insurance company.
* Backed by over 15 years of insurance experience.

hello@waggel.co.uk

Waggel Limited, WeWork, 131 Finsbury Pavement

Tell us how Waggel made you happy
It was cancelled the night before and despite me contacting him it has not been rearranged
Hi Mandy, I can confirm that your policy is still active and is due to renew on 7th of July. I am unsure as to where the confusion has occurred, as we have no record of you contacting us. To discuss this further can you please email me at complaints@waggel.co.uk. Kind regards, Mareia
No, I'm new customer
amazing, thank you. I was looking for a better deal on my cat health insurance. 8 years of paying too much so I changed to Waggel. The very same day my cat started limping and she has been diagnosed with an end of life condition. Waggel payed my claim even tho I had been with them for almost no time at all. Really bailed me out of a bad situation due to money worries and work loss from the pandemic. Thank You so much.
I've just done an instant quote for £6000 cover and £100 excess and you work out way more than Petplan let alone other companies. Now I cannot delete my details either.
I have given Waggel 5 stars although have not yet tried to claim from them. I did exhaustive research. Waggel were slightly more pricey of the affordable options, but there were a few that were much higher, and you get a much better deal with them as far as I can tell. When I needed to contact them it was easy and straightforward. At least one company we considered had zero contact options, and some others took ages- days or a week, to respond. I wanted an insurance that would not introduce a co-payment when my cat reached 9- which is next year. I would prefer to pay predictable amounts, even if premiums were a bit higher (though this wasn't the case with Waggel). I didn't want hugely high excess either- with Waggel you can choose from a sliding scale of excess, and just pay a little more in premiums if you prefer. It's a case of trying to figure out what works best for your own finances, and your expectations of your pet's needs, which to be honest is almost impossible to do. That's why we opted for assuming the worst could possibly happen, and we didn't want to be caught out as our cat is very precious. We took out a reasonably high, life time cover. Our pet is quite protected in that she doesn't leave our garden, or ever catch prey, but we want to protect her health as she gets older. I was also influenced by reviews. I really scoured around, and Waggel were consistently praised, for the good policies as well as their responsiveness and paying out too. They will pre-approve some treatments-which not all do- and it can turn out to be life-saving, if you have to make a decision to pay for very expensive emergency treatment but don't have the money up front (I read about this happening to a very distressed lady on another insurance site). They also offer vet video calls, and I found that although many do this, not all do. My cat is absolutely carrier and vet averse, so this would be super helpful at times. So, although some companies offer slightly cheaper insurance, it looked like a false economy that would cost an enormous amount more in the case of an emergency. I am just hoping that if we need them, they turn out to be as helpful as the existing customers have said.
Excellent communication. Thank you
It's been excellent. My whole claim has been dealt with so efficiently, can't talk highly enough of the service.
Great - sorted my clam via the vet - didn’t need to provide receipts - they gave a breakdown of the costs and paid all but my excess which I had set at £50. Thank you.
Unfortunately we needed to make a claim for our darling little puppy. The Waggel claim process was so simple and smooth. Thank goodness we opted for Waggel for pet insurance - a lot of stress taken away Thank you Waggel XX
I was planning on cancelling my policy before it started as my pet wasn’t covered but pre-existing conditions, however I’ve changed my mind as they still seem the best value, and the level of service I’ve received so far has been great. Very friendly and helpful, replied quickly, no jargon. So because of that I’ve decided to stay.
Only when I chased it did things move quickly. When I submitted the second, related claim there was no option to leave any comment or explanation and I still don't know if I am being reimbursed for this part.
Hi Rachel, Your first anxiety claim has been accepted, however for the second claim we are waiting on further clarification from the vets and unfortunately, we cannot process the claim until we have received this information. We aim to get all claims resolved within 14 days and I can see that we have not exceeded this duration. I have however asked for your customer champion to prioritise this claim, as soon as we have received the clarification which is required from the vets she will assess your claim. Kind regards, Mareia
Simple, efficient and caring claims process, no hassle and no debate, claim paid swiftly.
Easy peasy but won't know unless I have to make a claim.
I'm impressed so far with reviews, price and ease of the website. Only giving 4 stars as I have no had to make a claim yet and I read something about the first month free but this was never really specified during the registration process. Apart from that - so far so good!
If you require a full exam on the pet to show there is no pre-existing condition, you should say so when doing the marketing.
Hi Lijia, I believe there has been some misunderstanding, we do not require a full examination to show that the pet does not have any pre-existing conditions. However, we do require a dental check to be carried in the last 12 months if a dental claim is being made. This is because illnesses such as dental disease is a progressive deterioration of the teeth that develops over time. We ask for this dental check every 12 months so we can be sure there were no signs of dental disease/issues before your policy start date and so that early signs of dental disease can be picked up sooner, which is beneficial to your pet. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us. Kind regards, Mareia
Good customer service but your website is a problem. Every time I try to log in I get a message saying internal error. In consequence I cannot view the claim document you sent me today
Hi Stephen, Sorry to hear this, can you please try to log in and then send us a message via our online chats. This way we can view your session and see what the error is. Kind regards, Mareia
I have never had a dog before so when making the claim I was extremely impressed with how efficient Waggel are!! Excellent service
Brilliant, easy and friendly service.
Brilliant - incredibly easy and hassle free to claim! They did all the work behind the scenes and with one quick phone call, the claim was sorted. It did take some time, but we were happy to wait to get it sorted.
Very easy to book and was given some great advice
Waggel is rated 4.72 based on 1,624 reviews