Waggel Reviews

of reviewers recommend Waggel
Live Chat, Email
Read Waggel Reviews

About Waggel:

We hate nasty surprises as much as anybody, whether it’s on the carpet when we get home or hidden away in a pet insurance policy. Waggel’s all-inclusive, lifetime pet insurance has been designed to give you everything we think you’ll need and more!

* One comprehensive, lifetime pet insurance policy (we even include dental).
* Designed by pet owners and vets.
* Save thousands over your dog’s lifetime.
* No more hassle, no more hold music, no more hating your insurance company.
* Backed by over 15 years of insurance experience.

hello@waggel.co.uk

Waggel Limited, WeWork, 131 Finsbury Pavement

Tell us how Waggel made you happy
I have two mini dachshunds insured with Waggel and can’t recommend them enough. As a dachshund owner, there are so many grey areas involving insurance for their backs but insuring with Waggel has been completely straightforward (it’s fantastic that they do dachshund specific insurance!). One of my dogs was attacked by an aggressive Rottweiler recently and had to stay at the animal hospital for 4 days, resulting in a huge vet bill. Waggel were brilliant and not only covered the bill within a week, but checked up on us to see how our pup was doing! It’s nice to have a personal touch, especially when you’re going through the stress of one of your pups being ill. It’s also great to have access to so many discounts on essentials such as dog food, so we really feel like we benefit from the insurance even when our dogs aren’t ill. Thank you Waggel for taking such good care of our dogs - we no longer dread contacting our insurance company!
Waggel has made everything from the signing up to claiming Ridiculously simple, clear and straight forward. I have recently made several claims and within a few clicks I have completed my part of the claim - gone are the days of faffing with paper forms and outdated processes. I have complete confidence that my beloved doggo is protected and should anything happen they have got her back. I have also really enjoyed receiving discounts on food and other products which have saved me loads of those bills.
From initially purchasing what we viewed as good value and comprehensive lifetime insurance(you never know until you have to make a claim!) for our puppy through to superfast verification of claim with our vet and settlement..... just awesome service & support Thank you Waggel
Not had to claim yet and hope i never do so this is for ease of set up, and importantly, communication. When i read my documents the wording suggested claims would only be honoured if dogs were vaccinated annually. I, like a lot of people, believe this to be unnecessary and potentially harmful and am tired of feeling bullied and spoken down to as if i don't care about my dog by insurers. When i contacted to clarify, i was answered immediately, reassured that my boy is insured for everything other than conditions that annual boosters supposedly protect against (which i fully understand) but more importantly the lovely girl who answered me said she understood my concern and that they would never aim to force a pet owner into a choice they believed to be wrong or harmful. Very understanding and i am happy now that my boy is insured.
Excellent service paid out for our claim without any problems. Were easy to contact and answered the phone immediately. very happy
Wow ! This process was so quick, clean and easy, you almost think there's a CATCH ! Super, well designed and well thought through platform. Really excellent ! Thank you SO much :-) Well done to everyone who came up with this product and all the concepts around it - for example the built in charity donation idea. Thank you to you guys at Waggle !
I signed up my two kittens with Waggel. Unfortunately one of our kittens became very ill in December then sadly passed away on Christmas Day. Tarren (our claims handler) was kind, thoughtful and lovely, she did everything she could to process our claim and remedy our situation as quickly as possible. I’m so thankful with Tarren’s personal touch, the burden of our poor Steven's vet bills could have been financially crippling for us. Even though nothing could have saved our little Stevie and nothing can bring him back, the assistance with the bills is a respite in an overall painful situation. Thank you Tarren.
I had an issue with my card payments and in 5minutes I solved the problem with live chat helps and the guy Richard on the other side was brilliant.So I am really satisfy so far and I will recommend waggel for your pet!
Bit confused with Waggel. The website says it covers dental, behavioural issues, pre-existing conditions etc. It's one of the first things highlighted on their homepage. But now I've signed up and paid, the small print seems to suggest that it doesn't really cover these things. Dental treatment won't be covered unless a recent vet check (must have been done in the last 12 months) shows there were no dental issues. I don't think my dog had dental problems 12 months ago, but it is essential that i have proof from a vet to show that. Waggel say they cover treatment for behavioural issues, but again the fine print says that a vet must show that it is a recent change of behaviour that needs treating, and the behavioural issue is not how the dog would have acted 'normally'. I'm a bit concerned that it will be impossible for me to ever claim anything successfully, and that they lure customers in with shiny (but hollow) promises.
Hello,

Thanks for becoming a Waggel customer, although it's unfortunate you have experienced some confusion. We understand there's a lot of anxiety around whether or not insurance companies will actually pay out for a claim which is why we pride ourselves on being fully transparent, so you can feel confident you know where you stand - hopefully I can clear things up for you. This might be a little wordy, but I'll do my best to keep it as short as possible!

The way policy sub-limits work is that within your vet fees coverage (the amount you can claim per policy year) you are able to claim up to the amount of that sub-limit. This includes, as you pointed out, dental and behavioural issues. This means that even if you have £10,000 vet fees coverage, you can only claim up to £1,000 for dental treatment for example. We do this in order to keep your monthly premium affordable and our sub-limit amounts are chosen so that the majority of our customers never reach them.

Separate to sub-limits there are "pre-existing conditions". These are conditions that have occurred prior to you getting pet insurance with your insurance provider. For example, a dog or cat is treated for a damaged tooth and you then take out insurance, that insurance policy won't cover that tooth. The reason for this is that monthly premiums are calculated according to the likelihood of that particular dog encountering a new issue within the period of the policy.

In your particular case, as you highlighted above, we do require a vet to have checked your dogs teeth within 12 months prior to a dental claim. This is in order to establish the onset date, so that we can be confident that it occurred during your policy period and therefore we can pay the claim. This is pretty standard across pet insurance (and human health insurance again).

Anecdotally, as a dog owner myself I discovered when I asked my vet for a dental checkup on my Golden Retriever, Sailor, for the same reason as you highlighted above, it turned out every time we've gone to the vets they've performed a dental check - for free - and put it on record so that I'm able to claim for any dental treatments. You may find your vet has been doing the same, and if not you can ask them to. If it turns out there's no pre-existing dental conditions then you can feel happy and confident that you're covered.

The same goes for behavioural - it's really not there to screw customers, it's purely there to ensure that our customers treat us as fairly as we treat them. If there's nothing on record showing a dog has behavioural issues, then your vet won't have a problem specifying that in the event that you need to claim.

All of this information is available prior to purchase - I can assure you there is no luring in of customers or smoke and mirrors being deployed to hide the above. In fact, all of the above can be easily accessed by clicking "Find out what this covers" during the quote process - at the step where you choose your vet fee coverage.

I hope that's provided the clarity you hoped for, if not we do proudly offer the ability to cancel any time if you're not happy and please do feel free to contact us via live chat or phone if you'd like any further information - ask for me personally and I'll be more than happy to speak to you directly.

Co-Founder & Chief Product Officer
There are a lot of reviews here that talk about great sign-up experience and a lot of people wondering what is claims process like. Well... I know now :) It is equally smooth. No need to do any paper forms, scanning invoices or anything like that. You simply provide description of the condition, date, amount and vet. practice. They take care of the rest. Very transparent. Just awesome. And if you have got any question there is a nominated person for each claim you can chat to.
Early days but having looked at dozens of policies and read dozens of absolutely stinking reviews for other companies, Waggel seems to be trusted and well liked.
So easy to use. Good rates.
So far a great experience, easy to sign up, good perks and competitions and the free FirstVet perk was particularly brilliant. We haven't had to make any claims yet so I can't comment on this aspect.
I am not happy. I have no policy number and it seems impossible to get in touch with you. Not good 👎
Hi Cynthia,

We don't actually deal with policy numbers, we just use the pet name as a reference (we've found that most of our customers appreciate the simplicity of this).

In regards to being impossible to get in touch with, we're available on chat via the website and over the phone Monday to Friday 9-5:30pm. We do try to pick up urgent issues over the weekend though. How did you reach out to us? I can't find any record of your support ticket. If you'd like to get in touch via the website and I'll do my best to give you a hand.

Thanks
Richard
I changed to Waggel after becoming disillusioned with the big names. The online experience was really easy and efficient. It was very competitive, too. There are some interesting rewards and I especially like being able to consult the online vet before committing to an actual consultation, which may prove unnecessary but expensive for a very minor condition that can be dealt with at home. Very reassuring.
Excellent. Friendly and easy. No fuss and amazing support. It was so simple to get the quote, the response was instant. It's also great value. Very happy with Waggel.
I shall share that in person with the CEO.
so simple and so lovely to speak to. expressed my concerns and they were able to help me out quikcly. (much better than PetPlan :) )
Best insurance ever!
We do try 💅🏼

Glad you're enjoying!

Ross
Brilliant. UX amazing on this. Support excellent. Consumer engagement superb. Love this.
Thanks for saying so Debby, we're happy to have you on board!

Waggel is rated 4.74 based on 180 reviews