Virgin Experience Days Reviews

Virgin Experience Days 5 star review on 22nd December 2019
Emma
Virgin Experience Days 5 star review on 4th December 2019
Sue
Very disappointing, waited 2 years to be able to use our stargazing voucher, finally got it booked but couldn’t travel because of the recent storm. Asked to be moved to an event later in the year, no chance. Voucher now worthless!
I have tried to get an email address or a phone number from Virgin Experience and all you can use is this silly on line chat that is so annoying. I booked an experience pre covid and then have had problems using it as it was cancelled twice and now no-one is answering emails so I have come back to Virgin and you cannot speak to anyone!
Further to my 1 star review below. I was immediately contacted by Virgin and they have resolved the issues. A brilliant response.
I bought a 1 hour fly away voucher worth £150 with my credit card for my husband and been trying to book the flight nearest to my home location( London)since March and its November now and still no availability for my chosen dates, next available dates in 2022 by then my voucher would have expired ..Is there anything I could do ?? THIS VOUCHER WAS FOR MY HUSBAND WHO COME OUT OF BRITISH ARMY LATELY AND I REALLY WANTED TO TREAT HIM 😔..I feel very sad just thinking we will loss this money for no account of our own..How could virgin do this 😢 😔
Because of Covid I need to extend five vouchers but it is impossible. The website leads you round in circles, they are phonless, there is no messaging or email. I will lose a substantial amount of money which I suspect is what they want. Never again. The only experience I have had is a Rip Off.
We attended the Soul Supper at Proud Cabaret, 1 Mark Lane, EC3R 7AH at 6.30pm Saturday 13th November 2021. Firstly, the positive stuff the band, DJ and crowd were fantastic making a great atmosphere and night. Now to the negative stuff. We were put at a table with a massive pillar in front of us obscuring the stage (see attached photo). This was very disappointing as we had paid a lot of money for this table! We felt that the drink prices were ridiculously high. £8 plus a service charge for 330ml bottle of beer is the highest price I have ever seen for beer in the world, it would be £3 in a pub. This meant that our first round of a glass of wine and 2 bottles of beer came to £28! The food. This was so poor. Firstly, our original food was cold on arrival. Our second attempt was a bit hotter but not hot enough, but we couldn’t face asking again for it to be changed. What a strange mix of food it was in a cardboard box. Raw green beans, a massive amount of coleslaw and a rice and spicy chicken mix. It was worse than airline food and not worth serving. To add insult the chocolate brownie substitute was a poor cupcake! I think you need to look at the food and decide if it really is worth having at this standard. I wanted to let you know as I think feedback for such events is important. The show was great 5 star the food and drink and table were zero stars.
We bought a voucher for the Savoy hotel in London with afternoon tea. This was done during lockdown and at a time when the hospitality industry needed our support. We have been trying for 6 months to get a booking with the Savoy but on every occasion the date we request is not available. So now the Savoy can get full paying customers through the door they are not interested in voucher users - a shameful response. We want a refund as we cannot receive the service we bought - I think this comes under sale of goods act. So far Virgin continue to try to get us to swap to another experience but frankly we will NEVER use Virgin Experiences ever again - you cannot speak to anyone just emails that take over a week for a response. This is not a way to run a business and treat customers with such a low priority.
I so wish I had read the reviews first! I've gone all out this year for presents for my family for xmas with this company, tried to get response for refund request as one of the gifts was duplicated and I've spent hundreds of pounds. I did all that was asked online but still no response. I am stressing out really badly as I cannot afford to loose this money. If anyone reads this from Virgin, please contact me urgently. Elaine
Just found out that our voucher was expired. Considering all the lock downs and the pandemic, this is absolutely ridiculous. And nobody to talk on their costumer service… discussing
The experience of a choice of top West End show and meal for 2. Tried to book but choice of just 2 shows that we didn't fancy, even though other shows are available that we do like on other experiences, customer service useless, experience description says "a wide ever changing choice of top shows" surely this is false advertising?
I bought an Experience Voucher for an upcoming birthday present and made a mistake on the writing of the gift card so I contacted Virgin and Joely one of their customer service advisors got back to me by email and was very helpful and helped me rectify this problem by arranging a replacement. Joely was brilliant, very efficient and even though it took her 2 attempts to get this matter sorted she did not give up and made sure that the correct wording was written and I was very grateful for her perseverance and help.
Going to London in four weeks and been trying to book a show and meal with virgin experience but had an email saying because of Covid we cannot book at the moment, they will email when available to book again. We started asking three months ago and still waiting so not expecting to be able to use the voucher, it’s perthetic
I would give 0 if I could. Diabolical customer service. Trying to book into selection experience day for over 2 years now. Even with extension due to Covid there is no availability. Especially where hotel says it does have availability but central booking system is not compatible. Vouchers cannot be used for several months of the year, reducing opportunity further. Cannot swop experience without paying more!!! Every time you send an email the response is 5-7 days. Cannot speak to someone on the phone. So very frustrated. Will soon be taking a loss on value of voucher and putting it down to experience. Will never use again or give as a gift. Be very careful. I am writing to WHICH, RIP off Britain with details of my Virgin Experience.
Virgin experience vouchers were not accepted by Kew Gardens and we were refused entry even though we had pre booked a entry time and printed all the vouchers we were asked to take along. A total waste of a day. And now having trouble trying to get a refund.
I booked the afternoon tea for 2 in London private pod Kensington. The pod was dirty the food was very poor quality. I paid what I felt was a lot of money for a gift for a friend and she was very disappointed. I do not recommend this experience.
I'd give a zero ratings if I could. Phone number on site now says contact via web only (what's the point on advertising the number then) Slow to no reply - trying to get a refund on an Experience day as it's not as advertised....not a great experience in itself. How come Richard B can make it to the edge of space but I can't speak to a human about an issue caused by Virgin and one of it's partners.
Nobody to talk to. Website doesn't address the problem. No 'live chat'. Customer service? Non existent!! Would prefer to wait on the phone like the good old days! Hopeless!
customer service is very poor. I exchanged my voucher but did not get confirmation and it's not showing in my account. I emailed over 2 weeks ago and have yet to get a response as the telephone support has been withdrawn. if you email again you're warned you'll re-set the clock for response. There's no other way to contact customer services. Follow the advice of an earlier review and book direct.
Customer service is practically non-existent if you have any issues with what you bought. No phone option. Best of luck with email as response time is several days and then you just get stock answers no real help, they just point you back at the FAQs on the website. The company "delivering" my experience apparently isn't honouring vouchers at present. Now I have 30 days to find and book alternative or lose the money and some only operate on 1 or 2 days a week and require 3-4 weeks lead time. Best advice - If you want to book an experience, find one you like and then go and book it directly with the company.
I bought a voucher for my partners birthday to go on a Gin tasting experience, we changed our minds on it and decided to get a refund. I have sent my request in via the query twice and have sent in 2 emails - other than the automated response, I've had no contact from them whatsoever.
Virgin Experience Days is rated 4.05 based on 2,117 reviews