Virgin Experience Days Reviews

Virgin Experience Days 5 star review on 22nd December 2019
Emma
Virgin Experience Days 5 star review on 4th December 2019
Sue
Given a theatre and dinner in London voucher in dec 2019 had a look nothing we wanted to see until later on the year then covid hit. Have waited hoping to be able to go but still no end in sight to the covid situation so have asked for a refund which has been refused. Offered to swap voucher (no thank you) and they have automatically extended the voucher until Sept 2020. This is not good enough the experience has not been bookable through no fault of mine. Virgin are unable to provide the experience and are refusing a refund shambles do not use they dont give the experience but keep your cash
BOOKED 4 EXPERIENCES TO THE TUNE OF OVER £300.. PAID WITH MY HARD EARNED CASH AND WAS DUE TO USE THEM AT THE END OF NOVEMBER FOR MY 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY BUT UNFORTUNATELY LOCKDOWN HAPPENED..

NOW AS WE ARE LOCKED DOWN I HAVE OPTED TO BUY MY PARTNER SOME JEWELLERY INSTEAD..

I STARTED EMAILING VIRGIN EXPERIENCE DAYS AND AFTER WAITING 16 DAYS FOR A RESPONSE I WAS TOLD I CANNOT HAVE A FULL REFUND..

ITS £300.. £300 IS NOTHING TO THIS COMPANY TO REFUND BACK TO A CUSTOMER WHO HAS BEEN TREATED SO POORLY BUT INSTEAD I HAD TO COME ON HERE LEAVE A BAD REVIEW FOR THEM TO UNDERSTAND I MEAN BUSINESS..

I DID NOT ASK FOR THIS LOCKDOWN AND HAD EVERY INTENTION ON GOING TO THESE EXPERIENCES.

THE WORST THING IN MY EXPERIENCE ABOUT THIS COMPANY IS THERE ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!

FIRST OF ALL HOW CAN A MULTI MILLION POUND COMPANY NOT HAVE A WORKING PHONE LINE (ESPECIALLY DURING LOCKDOWN) BASICALLY IF YOU HAVE AN EMERGENCY OR ANY PROBLEM WITH YOUR EXPERIENCE YOU HAVE TO FILL OUT A CONTACT FORM AND WAIT 10-14 DAYS... WHAT IS THAT ABOUT??? (THEY DONT EVEN HAVE LIVE CHAT!!!)

WHAT A JOKE!!!

ANOTHER THING IS WHEN YOU GET A RESPONSE THEY HAVE NO COMPASSION FOR THEIR CUSTOMERS AND ARE ALMOST ROBOTIC IN THEIR REPONSES OF PUSHING GIFTCARDS AND CREDITS RATHER THAN OFFERING REFUNDS BACK TO THE ORIGINAL PAYMENT METHOD...

I HAVE SENT THEM MANY MORE EMAILS.. (BUT WILL PROBABLY HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER 10-14 DAYS FOR ANOTHER PATHETIC RESPONSE)

FOR ANYBODY THINKING OF BUYING A VIRGIN EXPERIENCE FROM THESE LOT THINK TWICE BECAUSE IF ANYTHING HAPPENS AFTER YOU PURCHASE YOUR EXPERIENCE THESE COWBOYS DONT WANT TO NOTHING TO DO WITH IT..

HOPEFULLY THEY REFUND MY MONEY AFTER READING THIS BECAUSE THE NEXT BAD REVIEW LEFT WILL BE ON GOOGLE REVIEWS THEN TRIP ADVISOR ETC..

IF ANYONE HAS THE SAME TROUBLE USE THE CHARGE BACK SERVICE WITH YOUR CARD ISSUER TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK!!!
6 month lead in time for our chosen experience - had to change the date recently and tried to rebook only to find another 6 month lead in. Tried for refund. No luck. Avoid this sham.
Don't bother with this and save your money!! Total and utter Cr@@p!!!... Never use Virgin Again!! it would be by far better to book the Shard and then go to the local Kebab house or greasy spoon after! Walked 1.5 miles to the Marco Pierre White Stake house, London. They could not find our booking even after checking, made to feel honoured that they fitted us in. The beef bourguignon the three of us ordered was 60% Mash Potato; mostly Gravy and 30% Steak along with 10% Gristle, yes Gristle. Ordering two drinks and a side of veg and charged £40!!! (with a smile) on top of the £200 spent... DO NOT WAIST YOU MONEY!!!!! Hype, Hype Hype, Hype advertising, miss information... and o yes Hype. My wife cooks better! Please ... Do not bother with this, god forbid why virgin would ever want to associate there selves with this!!!
I was given a Gift Certificate for XMAS - then we were busy moving to the UK and then covid happened. The business went out of business. We were so worried we lost the Money paid for the experience we didn't get. Then Virgin made it very easy to exchange the tkt for another experience and we went yesterday. Highly recommend using because we had a fantastic day! thanks Virgin ED for making it so easy to have a fun outing.
Booked a deluxe afternoon tea at Solberge Hall Hotel using 2 vouchers. All I can say is this wasn’t deluxe at all. They say you get a view of the Vale of York we had a view of the car park. The food wasn’t deluxe ... no salmon or beef offered we were offered Egg mayonnaise, cheese and chutney, ham or chicken ceaser. The scones were tiny and rock hard. One lady we took was allergic to strawberries so just had clotted cream for her scone. Cakes were disappointing chocolate mousse(we think), cheesecake and a lemon tart no macaroons as shown in the picture😟😟😟.
We have had better at our local Morrison’s store
Booked an experience with an electronic voucher. But everytime I put in the voucher number and pin (also when I just use the automated link), the website just shows an automated error message that the system doesn't recognise the voucher number. There is no help available from Virgin. I have now twice filled in the customer contact form, and still have to hear back from them.
very disappointed with Virgin Experience Days I activated 4 vouchers on 6th September 2020 for the Shard and tea on the Thames cruise however, even after receiving confirmation emails for my requests I only received 2 e tickets which I checked with the Shard the e tickets were for 2 people not 4 so I sent requests for the other 2 e tickets they were never sent to me so we did not go as we were 4 people and not 2 I have requested an extension for my vouchers and I haven't heard anything, and probably won't from what I have read on the I certainly wont be buying anymore from them.
An absolute shambles. Have emailed multiple times to change the date of our Shard experience that was booked for April and have had no reply at all. Feeling very sad that money has been wasted due to inadequate communication and not being able to simply change the date. Dreadfully unprofessional company that I shall never consider using again. Disgusted.
Very poor user experience makes it near impossible to redeem gift vouchers. Feels like the whole process is designed to take money and implement loads of complex barriers to redemption;- register here, email here, activate there, call here, wait here. Whey can't I just redeem and book online. Would give zero stars is I could and don't believe the rating on here based on my experience.
I bought an experience which the provider recently confirmed it is no longer offering (due to covid, and the small premises). I asked for a refund given the experience is no longer possible and was referred to a clause which says they have the right to remove experiences. I found an alternate experience which was cheaper (£30 instead of £56), so asked if they could switch the experience and refund the difference. They said no.
Given the current circumstances I would expect greater flexibility from a company of this size. The current circumstances are not ideal for anyone, but I would expect a certain level of compromise rather than a 'computer says no' response, and no flexibility. Fortunately there are many other companies offering experiences, and with greater flexibility that virgin so I'll be switching my loyalty from now on.
Just rubbish. My son purchased this for me as he had read there was a spa day available in my area. There was not. None in the county I live in. Lots of driving ones though! Over a year later and still not managed to cash it in. Also the home experiences are poor value.
If could give a zero rating I would. This is my first time using Virgin Experience and it will be my last. I would not even recommend others using them because they’re untrustworthy and lack any resemblance of customer service.

I had my Virgin Experiences Booked over a 2 day period and a fortnight ago, they cancelled my experience days, despite no government request pertaining to Covid-19, despite all businesses still operating, and despite me still excited to attend. I understand that these are extenuating circumstances, and that they chose to cancel experience days. I get that.

But what I don’t accept is the fact that they’re refusing to issue me a full refund for a service they’ve failed to supply me. Yes cancel the experience days for customers (bearing in mind they did so weeks before the government ordered companies to close), however refusing to issue customers with a full refund and keeping my money, despite not providing me with a service is downright dishonest, unethical and illegal.

If customers pay for a service and you can no longer provide such service, then you REFUND THEM ALL THEIR MONEY, that’s what you’re insured for....not pocket my money for yourselves! I dread to think how many more people you’re treating like this, pocketing customers money after you have cancelled their trips, then refusing to refund customers....shameful!

Booked 3 I fly vouchers for my grandchildren so 6 people in total for the bargain price of 150 pounds 50% discount it said for Christmas!
If you try to book then I fly impose a fee of £25 per person to book at they say peak times 12 to 18.00 weekends and school holidays they can only offer me 9 am or 8 PM I have to travel 2hrs 30 mins to get there have to be there an hour before fly time impossible with 4 children and 8pm is too late for the children. Then drive home very late just not feasible Virgin said when I complained it is up to I Fly i also did not see this £25 in term and conditions as they say it is stated and I am not the only person on here that has said that as I have not got another £150 pounds to spend and then this takes it up to original price so where is the discount ?
In the beginning of March there was a promotion on sale for 37.99 for 2 people with a £5,00 excess if you want to book at peak times how can that be ??? Christmas offer is ONE BIG CON TAKING ADVANTAGE OF PEOPLE AT THIS BUSIEST OF TIMES then offering no help except change to something else no matter of the big let down to the children will never book anything like this again.
They will not refund after14 days woeful customer service and they only show some negative tweets on twitter , read the small print but better still go elsewhere or just give the person the money
Absolute con. Brought ifly experience only allowed slots 9am 9pm or 10pm on a Saturday. If go in to book as non virgin then you have all day availability. Also 25 fee fo a Saturday. Was told the 25 was advised at booking but they can't prove it and no on voucher or email. There was nothing on on limited availability for virgin customers. I am disgusted as their customer services do not see that this is unacceptable. I would have put no stars if it was an option
Costs coffee experience Basildon wonderful experience thanks to Tom our guide very interesting
We were gifted averaging experience trip to the shard we queued for 1 hour to the top of the stairs was told to join another queue for a half hour then we were told to rejoin the original queue. We left without the experience very disappointed
Virgin Experience Days is rated 4.10 based on 2,086 reviews