Virgin Experience Days Reviews

Virgin Experience Days 5 star review on 22nd December 2019
Emma
Virgin Experience Days 5 star review on 4th December 2019
Sue
I bought a voucher for my partners birthday to go on a Gin tasting experience, we changed our minds on it and decided to get a refund. I have sent my request in via the query twice and have sent in 2 emails - other than the automated response, I've had no contact from them whatsoever.
I wanted to extend my e-vouchers only to find out its been expired 4 months ago, yet no reminder from virgin and no way to extend. They just want your money!
I booked a full body Swedish massage on champneys spa Guildford and was deeply disappointed for the quality of service. The massage didn’t address any tension. I left exactly how I came in, tension in my muscles. Even asking a few times to apply more pressure the girl seemed not to have a clue of what she was doing. Being a full body she also skipped a few parts of my body. I’m so disappointed… at £65 you expect some level of service
I would strongly advise against using Virgin Experience Days. If you want a experience, or you want to gift one, go direct to the supplier. I had a voucher for an experience. I logged into the site to see my voucher expired after the date I wanted to book it, but they were offering extensions because of Covid, so I extended and then tried to book, The site then advised me my experience was no longer available. I contacted customer services to ask for a refund but was advised this wasnt possible as I had extended! There was no consideration given to the fact that their IT system had just let me extend a voucher which was no longer available. If you are getting someone a gift, get them the gift, don't make them sort out their own experience and potentially all of the pitfalls that come with it, or give them the cash along with a suggestion on what to do with it. They will thank you for it in the long run rather than a Virgin Experience voucher
Searcy’s at The Gherkin review 15/6/21 for 14/6/21 We were gifted a three course meal with 2 side dishes and 2 cocktails through Virgin Experience in October 2020. We were not able to book this until after 17th May 2021 because of the National lockdown. On our arrival we were told that they were no longer giving the original offer but we could order whatever we wanted and £129 would be taken off our bill. There were no prices, apart from the side dishes, on the menu. Consequently we ordered 1 starter, 2 mains, and 1 dessert with 2 cocktails, 1 glass of wine and 1 side. Taking into account VAT and service charges we still had to pay over £8. Our complaint is that we were not able to have a 3 course meal with 2 sides and 2 cocktails as the original gift stated. This should have been honoured as we could not use at the time the meal was gifted to us, because of a national lockdown. The starter my husband ordered was the shrimp. This was the worst starter we had ever had as it was basically a circle of lard encasing a few shrimp! The cocktails and wine were very nice as were the treacle tart. The beef and oyster pie was clearly a de-constructed pie and even though I quite liked this and found it filling, my husband did not like it at all and found his whole experience was just very pretentious. We did not have a view of the Thames but were facing the Olympic Stadium and Spittalfields Market. I guess the cheaper view because we were using a ‘gift voucher’. I would not recommend The Gherkin restaurant to anyone, especially those planning on buying this as a gift experience for family or friends. Not worth your money especially when not honoured.
We were given a day entrance to Kew garden & a cream tea for two by our grandchildren. We are 78 & 80 years old and enjoyed Kew garden immensely. You clearly do not know what a cream tea is. It is not one slice of cake and hot drink. It is sandwiches scones & cakes & a hot drink. Surely advertising this as cream tea for two is unexceptable. Sally & Mike Willers
Terrible they all say you can get a refund but please explain how this can be done. They sent me an email to cancel my experience but no way of contacting them. It takes too long to get a response. Will try Live chat but unable to find it. Really Really bad so I would say don't do it. Book the event direct may cost you a little more but heh better than nothing or letting someone down.
Absolutely appalling! When you receive a gift of a specific experience and try to book... only to find it's not available and to try other options many being miles away from where we live plus the fact you are expected to pay extra and that they also come up 'unavailable'!!! No direct contact to company everything online - it appears a refund is also impossible. Our experience is to never to purchase a 'Virgin Experience' as it is an absolute waste of your time and money. Disgusted.
Impossible to exchange gift for another experience, no reply from emails, and no phone contract. All in all appalling service.
Hi, I’ve ordered a gift for my boyfriends birthday. My order number is 6061756. I’ve sent about 3 emails, no reply and am still waiting on a reply from various social media platforms. I insist that this company resolves this issue before I take it further. I have received NO confirmation, but payment HAS been taken??? What’s going on, am I receiving my gift or have I lost this money? This is theft. Please sort it out before I take this further, I really do not want to do that, however judging by all of these reviews, it may be necessary.
Worst customer service ever. I bought my mum a voucher as a gift and it was postponed due to lockdown. She went to rebook and they advised that some one by the name of “nick” had traded the voucher in for another gift. We advised them we don’t know anyone by the name of Nick and they went on to ask us are you sure you haven’t given it away???!!! Anyway they didn’t help us, said we would have to go through the police???? Never buying from them again. That’s £80 I will never get back.
We were given Virgin Experience as a gift last year, a 2 day break in many locations around the UK. This was bought by an elderly relative who thought it was a good gift as we could then choose where we went.............. How wrong they were. We have been unable to book anything!, anywhere! We suspected the hotels were just blocking, so I tried to call 3 of the listed hotels who had previously told us they were full on our dates, surprise!! all 3 were willing to now take my booking. We found only one, yes one hotel on the list who accepted the voucher and that was a mid week booking only. When it was sold to my elderly relative the agent assured them we would be able to book any of the hotels on dates suitable to us....They lied to an old lady to make a cheap sale. They say you can transfer it to another experience. That is not what was sold, or gifted.
Given a theatre and dinner in London voucher in dec 2019 had a look nothing we wanted to see until later on the year then covid hit. Have waited hoping to be able to go but still no end in sight to the covid situation so have asked for a refund which has been refused. Offered to swap voucher (no thank you) and they have automatically extended the voucher until Sept 2020. This is not good enough the experience has not been bookable through no fault of mine. Virgin are unable to provide the experience and are refusing a refund shambles do not use they dont give the experience but keep your cash
BOOKED 4 EXPERIENCES TO THE TUNE OF OVER £300.. PAID WITH MY HARD EARNED CASH AND WAS DUE TO USE THEM AT THE END OF NOVEMBER FOR MY 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY BUT UNFORTUNATELY LOCKDOWN HAPPENED.. NOW AS WE ARE LOCKED DOWN I HAVE OPTED TO BUY MY PARTNER SOME JEWELLERY INSTEAD.. I STARTED EMAILING VIRGIN EXPERIENCE DAYS AND AFTER WAITING 16 DAYS FOR A RESPONSE I WAS TOLD I CANNOT HAVE A FULL REFUND.. ITS £300.. £300 IS NOTHING TO THIS COMPANY TO REFUND BACK TO A CUSTOMER WHO HAS BEEN TREATED SO POORLY BUT INSTEAD I HAD TO COME ON HERE LEAVE A BAD REVIEW FOR THEM TO UNDERSTAND I MEAN BUSINESS.. I DID NOT ASK FOR THIS LOCKDOWN AND HAD EVERY INTENTION ON GOING TO THESE EXPERIENCES. THE WORST THING IN MY EXPERIENCE ABOUT THIS COMPANY IS THERE ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!! FIRST OF ALL HOW CAN A MULTI MILLION POUND COMPANY NOT HAVE A WORKING PHONE LINE (ESPECIALLY DURING LOCKDOWN) BASICALLY IF YOU HAVE AN EMERGENCY OR ANY PROBLEM WITH YOUR EXPERIENCE YOU HAVE TO FILL OUT A CONTACT FORM AND WAIT 10-14 DAYS... WHAT IS THAT ABOUT??? (THEY DONT EVEN HAVE LIVE CHAT!!!) WHAT A JOKE!!! ANOTHER THING IS WHEN YOU GET A RESPONSE THEY HAVE NO COMPASSION FOR THEIR CUSTOMERS AND ARE ALMOST ROBOTIC IN THEIR REPONSES OF PUSHING GIFTCARDS AND CREDITS RATHER THAN OFFERING REFUNDS BACK TO THE ORIGINAL PAYMENT METHOD... I HAVE SENT THEM MANY MORE EMAILS.. (BUT WILL PROBABLY HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER 10-14 DAYS FOR ANOTHER PATHETIC RESPONSE) FOR ANYBODY THINKING OF BUYING A VIRGIN EXPERIENCE FROM THESE LOT THINK TWICE BECAUSE IF ANYTHING HAPPENS AFTER YOU PURCHASE YOUR EXPERIENCE THESE COWBOYS DONT WANT TO NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.. HOPEFULLY THEY REFUND MY MONEY AFTER READING THIS BECAUSE THE NEXT BAD REVIEW LEFT WILL BE ON GOOGLE REVIEWS THEN TRIP ADVISOR ETC.. IF ANYONE HAS THE SAME TROUBLE USE THE CHARGE BACK SERVICE WITH YOUR CARD ISSUER TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK!!!
6 month lead in time for our chosen experience - had to change the date recently and tried to rebook only to find another 6 month lead in. Tried for refund. No luck. Avoid this sham.
Don't bother with this and save your money!! Total and utter Cr@@p!!!... Never use Virgin Again!! it would be by far better to book the Shard and then go to the local Kebab house or greasy spoon after! Walked 1.5 miles to the Marco Pierre White Stake house, London. They could not find our booking even after checking, made to feel honoured that they fitted us in. The beef bourguignon the three of us ordered was 60% Mash Potato; mostly Gravy and 30% Steak along with 10% Gristle, yes Gristle. Ordering two drinks and a side of veg and charged £40!!! (with a smile) on top of the £200 spent... DO NOT WAIST YOU MONEY!!!!! Hype, Hype Hype, Hype advertising, miss information... and o yes Hype. My wife cooks better! Please ... Do not bother with this, god forbid why virgin would ever want to associate there selves with this!!!
I was given a Gift Certificate for XMAS - then we were busy moving to the UK and then covid happened. The business went out of business. We were so worried we lost the Money paid for the experience we didn't get. Then Virgin made it very easy to exchange the tkt for another experience and we went yesterday. Highly recommend using because we had a fantastic day! thanks Virgin ED for making it so easy to have a fun outing.
Booked a deluxe afternoon tea at Solberge Hall Hotel using 2 vouchers. All I can say is this wasn’t deluxe at all. They say you get a view of the Vale of York we had a view of the car park. The food wasn’t deluxe ... no salmon or beef offered we were offered Egg mayonnaise, cheese and chutney, ham or chicken ceaser. The scones were tiny and rock hard. One lady we took was allergic to strawberries so just had clotted cream for her scone. Cakes were disappointing chocolate mousse(we think), cheesecake and a lemon tart no macaroons as shown in the picture😟😟😟. We have had better at our local Morrison’s store
Booked an experience with an electronic voucher. But everytime I put in the voucher number and pin (also when I just use the automated link), the website just shows an automated error message that the system doesn't recognise the voucher number. There is no help available from Virgin. I have now twice filled in the customer contact form, and still have to hear back from them.
very disappointed with Virgin Experience Days I activated 4 vouchers on 6th September 2020 for the Shard and tea on the Thames cruise however, even after receiving confirmation emails for my requests I only received 2 e tickets which I checked with the Shard the e tickets were for 2 people not 4 so I sent requests for the other 2 e tickets they were never sent to me so we did not go as we were 4 people and not 2 I have requested an extension for my vouchers and I haven't heard anything, and probably won't from what I have read on the I certainly wont be buying anymore from them.
Virgin Experience Days is rated 4.08 based on 2,098 reviews