Virgin Experience Days Reviews

Read Virgin Experience Days Reviews

social.media@virginexperiencedays.co.uk

Virgin Experience DaysStamford HouseBoston DriveBourne End SL8 5YS

Tell us how Virgin Experience Days made you happy
I bought my husband a two night break for two in Edinburgh City Hotel, we tried booking for his birthday by calling seven weeks in advance. Unfortunately the hotel did not have any availability so we decided to extend the voucher as it was near expiry. This time we called the hotel 10 weeks in advance for the dates we required and again there is no availability. The first set of dates they have available are in September, which is beyond our voucher expiry in June. Why sell this experience if it is never going to be available. It's a waste of money!!!
Without doubt The most complicated and lengthy booking process of anything I've ever booked. So many pitfalls and Ts and Cs! It's almost as it they don't want you to actually bother booking the experience at all. I suppose then Virgin/Acorne keep 100% of the money you've paid and don't have to compensate the experience provider - that's probably why it's so ridiculously complicated and prone to fail. I certainly wouldn't recommend it and am astonished the company gets any business at all.
Absolute scam. Avoid. The whole process is littered with pitfalls. We purchased a river cruise for £36 for our son for Christmas. Unfortunately he didn't realise the expiry was in March. We telephoned, waited for 20 mins on a premium rate and was told that to extend would be a further £10 and that we needed to send the voucher and cheque back. A pain but acceptable. We waited 3 weeks and was told that I didn't need to wait and could extended by card online. I declined because cheque sent previously. On further enquiry (another 25 mins) they said that they still hadn't processed but as the cost had increased they wanted a further £29 on top of the £10 making the whole cost totally unacceptable. Truly awful customer relations.
BEWARE: Complete waste of money. Received the voucher for my 50th birthday on 21 December. Voucher says that you should allow at least 8 weeks in advance, so I duly tried to book 10 weeks in advance before the expiry date of 14 June. However, everything is fully booked, no availability until dates after the expiry date. Voucher cannot be extended. So that's it, what a waste of money and how disappointing, especially for the person who bought this as a present for me.
I called Virgin this afternoon as I had a voucher that I had unfortunately let expire. The lady I spoke to was extremely helpful and processed a new voucher for me straight away! Paid £20 but my voucher is worth £220 so well worth it. Would definitely use again.
Fantastic flying lesson / experience....highly recommend
A great experience for United fans and footballing fans alike!
Workplace gifted a £50 Virgin Experience meal and a cocktail for two voucher for London Steakhouse Co. Thought I’d treat my pregnant wife to a nice Friday night steak meal. To my shock horror, I ended up spending £100 on top in a nice #scam set up by both companies. A ‘treat’ for my pregnant wife turned sour. On complaining, Virgin Experience Days responded in typical fashion saying, 'Oh but the T&C's said to avoid Friday and Saturday'. None of this was mentioned on the voucher itself. Apparently when you book online, they mention that you are going for the 'Alacarte' experience and £49 will be deducted from the total bill. I should've noticed this when I was making a reservation but I went purely by the trust of what was said on the voucher. As far as I'm concerned, I was gifted a voucher for a three course meal and a cocktail for me and my wife. I just went with it. For the money, the total bill for the average food at London Steakhouse was around £150, go to the awesome Smiths of Smithfields or Hawksmoor. And definitely avoid the 'Virgin Experience' voucher. The restaurant is average at best and I noticed a trend in this. This Virgin Experience is normally a tie-up with average restaurants and Virgin probably get a commission on anything extra that you pay. Most recent Virgin tie-up for eg. is with Atul Kochchar who was sacked recently from Dubai for an anti-Islamic tweet. A bit desperate there Virgin. What angers me in all this is this - 1) The voucher was a gift, it clearly says what it says as per attached. I go by the trust of what is said and not what the 'fine print' says. Which isn't on the voucher by the way. Conveniently these guys have not included it on the voucher. 2) Virgin's response was poor and along the lines of 'You should've read the fine print' 3) I have accounts with other Virgin Products. On the back of the service received here, I will be moving this to a better supplier. 4) Their Social Media department go out of their way to delete genuine customer complaints/ gripes. Shambolic! The point here isn't about the money. The point is the principles by which Richard Branson's Virgin brands operate. Their broadband/ media services are poor, Train services are poor, Airlines pretty average and now the 'Virgin Experience' days. I suppose they go by their name 'Virgin Experience' If you think about it, nobody has a clue on what's about to happen. I'm going to go out of my way to avoid ANYTHING offered by this sham company.
Hi Jay, we are very sorry to hear of your disappointment following your experience.

On the physical voucher we do advise to visit our website to view all booking details, to ensure that you have all the information you need before making a booking with the supplier. Included in this information, under the availability section, is the information regarding the availability for a Friday and Saturday evening booking - “Please note that for Friday and Saturday evening bookings reservations can only be made within 48 hours prior to the experience (availability for dinner on Friday and Saturday is released at 09.00 on Wednesday and Thursday respectively of that week)”

We are unable able to print all relevant information on the vouchers due to the restrictive space and information can change, so to ensure you have the most up to date information when you go to make your booking, we refer our customers to activate their vouchers on our website.

When making your booking on the Marco Pierre White website, it does also advise you that you will be dining from the A la Carte menu if you are booking it prior to the 48 hours in advance. If the booking was to have been made within the 48 hours, then the price of the meal would have been deducted.

We do apologise if any of the information above was missed, resulting in you having a bill at the end of your meal and we are very sorry you have been left disappointed by this.
Have been trying to book our Dance Experience for the last two weeks - so far no success. Just another scam?
Hi Peter, we are very sorry to hear that you are struggling to make a booking.

After looking into your details further for you, we can see you have been able to make a successful booking with your vouchers. If you do have any further problems making a booking, please contact our Customer Service team on 0344 504 0844.
We tried to book a one night stay and dinner at the Hallmark Hotel in the central of Chester. Only to be told by the Receptionist that we could not book a Friday or Saturday Night for the rest of the year. As we work Monday to Friday and our Daughter had bought this for us as a Christmas Gift we were quite frankly shocked!! She had paid £155.00 and we were treated as though we were 2nd class citzens, who had no right to expect anything. We had previously ( Last December) Stayed at Hallmark Fitwick Manor (booked through Virgin for a Friday Night with no problems). This is the 2nd complaint I have had too make about Virgin Gift experiences this year, and being someone who does not normal complain or write bad reviews unless I feel I have too.
Hey Joanne. We are so sorry to hear this! Are you please able to send us an email with your voucher serial number to social.media@virginexperiencedays.co.uk then we can look into this further for you.
Great idea to give as a gift to someone who is very picky on what they like. A great evening out to a comedy show, hands down the funniest evening in a long time!
This was my best friends 30th birthday surprise... we arrived was seated took 15 minutes for someone to come and even say hello, they then come over offer a drink they then bring our drinks, a man comes over with our afternoon tea and left us to it without letting us know what we had, the sandwiches were stale and had more butter than anything else the lemon cake was stale, there was a dead fly in the middle of a scone, they said they could get us more cake which was stale and dry like before, I was very disappointed and wouldn’t go back to this restaurant
Hey! We are so sorry to hear this, we have passed all the details to our Escalated Care team, please allow up to 15 working days to hear back from them. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience.
The experince was fully booked for my area for the next 4 months with the only area with area available 200 miles away. No refund offered terrible service!!
Hi Neil, sorry to hear this was the case when you tried to make a booking. If you would send an email to social.media@virginexperiencedays.co.uk we can look at this again for you. Thanks.
Received a voucher for a flying lesson my birthday - unforgettable experience and loved every minute. Can't wait to get back up in the air! The voucher was easy to claim and the location and instructor were excellent.
How Richard Branson gets rich.... I get a Virgin Balloon Flight for two worth a lot of money. After nine cancellations by Virgin they don't refund the money, they send a "Virgin Experience Gift Card" instead. When I come to use it, just over a year later, I'm told it's expired. Even though there's no expiry date marked on the card. When I appeal I'm told "It's just like cash, it goes out of date". I explain that cash doesn't go out of date. Customer Services agree but say I've lost the money anyway. What a great way to make money! Charge you cash and give you nothing in return, 100% profit and more!!
I brought this for my boyfriend the four supercar blast plus HSPR & photo for one!! What an AMAZING DAY!! The stuff all were super!! The cars where just AMAZING!! And most off all the driving instructors where GREAT!! ITS A MUST DO!! DO IT!! Thanks to all the virgin experience day team!! GREAT JOB/ Amazing!!
Excellent Service throughout the visit to the Shard and Steakhouse, would do it all again.
Disappointing, my wife received a Jet Rush Boat trip in London and meal at Pierre Marco Whites Steak house as a gift, but the small print restricted the boat trip to non school holidays and not on Saturdays or bank holidays - not much use for teaching staff. The restaurant couldn't be booked more than 48 hours in advance - useless for someone living in the Midlands. We paid £23 extra to go the Harry Potter Studios instead but when booking in February we discovered our chosen date in July was fully booked. Seems a bit of a scam to me! Will not use Virgin Experiences by choice.
I booked a haircut and blowdry with the hair group well over a month ago now. I phoned as instructed, and was told that they would phone back between 3-10 days. Like I said, over a month ago. I have tried to contact them, but they don't ring back. Virgin are also quite unhelpful. There appears to be no way to complain or report things.
I had a theatre and meal experience given to me and my partner. We booked up and we're looking forward to our weekend. 2 days after booking we were informed by virgin that the restaurant we had booked would be under going renovations at the time we are booked for, I cannot believe that virgin did not know about this at the time of booking as the restaurant is at a big London hotel and we booked only 4 weeks before going. Virgin offered us alternative restaurants, but this took several phone calls at my expense for which they were not bothered about in the slightest. I found the staff I dealt with quiet rude and unhelpful with regards to this problem, and there was no offer of the slightest good will gesture for the inconvenience cause. We received this as a gift from a family member which was lovely, unfortunately the whole inconvenience of the booking process has spoilt a lovely gesture. I certainly would not buy a virgin experience for anybody, I would look for an alternative company.
Virgin Experience Days is rated 4.14 based on 2,008 reviews