Virgin Experience Days Reviews

Gifts & Gadgets

Click Here

Tell us how Virgin Experience Days made you happy

customer service
"Very easy to book and great value for money"
MICHELLE
"Perfect Gift. Loved every minute."
"If yr into motor sport like f1, This driving experience is the ultimate adrenaline fix. The freedom of driving round the test circuit in the single seater, Amazing . Living the dream, as they say."
"VIRGIN DIDN'T HONOUR THE VOUCHER. I tried to use my voucher which was worth approximately 200 pounds and virgin are saying that its been "used" already. They also wont give me any details about the person that apparently used it apart from the first name of Monica. They will not do anything more about this. Money down the drain!"
"Food not nice and very rushed"
"Unfortunately I couldn't give 0 star. Probably the worst "experience" provider ever. I bought a cruise on the Thames, only to realise that you pay in advance for a voucher, with no dates confirmed. And to my delight, I discovered there weren't any dates suitable to my schedule. I tried and tried to see if I could find one, but no luck. When I gave up and asked for a refund, I was told that I was out of the 14 days refund policy. If you want to spend your money without the possibility to get a refund and a very appalling customer service, this is the company to go for. It really look like a scam. They get your money first, that's the most important thing. Then if you can get what you purchased, great. If you don't, they simply don't care. Total rubbish"
Hi Mario,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

We're sorry to hear of the difficulty you experienced when making your booking. As we are a gift experience provider and the majority of our experiences are open-dated and available at multiple locations nationwide, we do require the recipient to contact their desired location/supplier to make a booking at a suitable date and time. However, we always try our hardest to provide as much information as possible and make the customer journey a pleasant one, so we are sorry to hear that wasn't the case this time.

As per our Terms & Conditions, we do allow customers a full refund within 14-days. However, we always aim to be as flexible as possible with our vouchers. Therefore, due to the dissatisfaction caused, we would like to see what we can do for you, so please get in touch via Live Chat or emailing info@virginexperiencedays.co.uk
"Got cancelled 2 hours before it was due to start - wasted a day off work when I could have been earning money. Very disappointing."
Hi Nick,

Thank you for your recent review and we are sorry to hear of the cancellation.

It is always regretful when a supplier does have to cancel an experience at the last moment, however they will always do so if the health and safety of the participants are at risk. When a cancellation takes place, the first port of call would be to contact the supplier to re-book for a later date. If you do have any problems with this, please do get in touch with our Customer Service Team as we will be more than happy to help you moving forward.

We apologise again for all inconvenience caused.
"Tipsy tea not worth the money avacdo sandwiches that is an acquired taste also the cakes were stale"
Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We're really sorry to read of your dissatisfaction with the standard of the food served during your Afternoon Tea. We hope that if your concerns had been raised during your visit, the items could have been replaced for you to enjoy. Your feedback will be passed back to the supplier directly, so that they are fully aware of the concerns you've raised and make future improvements where necessary.
"I triggered our dinner theatre gift voucher recently. I was given several theatre show options. One which I had already seen. Two which were no longer available and one which didn’t start till two months after the voucher expired. We were left with only one option. Very disappointing. I will never ask for a virgin experience voucher again and will never buy one as a gift."
Hi Linda,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

We're really sorry to hear of your disappointment.

We always aim to be as flexible as possible with our vouchers and offer customers the option obtain a refund within 14-days of receipt or exchange onto another experience.

Please do not hesitate to contact us via live chat or email info@virginexperiencedays.co.uk if we can help you with this.
"Absolutely terrible experience ! Avoid Background: I had two Virgin Experience Days vouchers. One was for the climb the O2 the other was for a cocktail experience. Neither are now suitable, as my wife is pregnant. I contacted Virgin Experience Twitter team and asked about exchanging the vouchers. I was told this was possible, and that the expiry date of the new voucher would be the same as the date the original voucher (10 Nov). I received the voucher in the post yesterday, and the expiry date was the 10 October. I went back to double check my messages only to find that .... the message that the virgin experience team sent Via twitter, stating the expiry was 10th November, was deleted ! I have screenshot to prove this was sent to me. It is clear to me that the agent clearly noticed their error when reissuing the voucher and decided to delete the message .... rather than just admit they were wrong. Either that or they are trying to get me to pay an additional £20 to pay for an extend the expiry date. I would have no issue if I felt that this was a genuine mistake ... However, I find it absolutely disgraceful that my conversation history has been doctored, and is a clear failure on Virgin end ! This is not what I would expect by way of service. This is also the thoughts of the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) who have indicated they will investigate should I not reach a satisfactory outcome with Virgin (At this minute in time - this is very unlikely) Virgin claim that the message shows on their end - but will not share evidence to that effect or will they comment on the evidence that I have provided. I have asked for this to be escalated to a manager on two separate occasions, this has yet to happen. Virgin are not taking this serious ! I have lost all faith in their service and I would advice others to consider other providers before placing an order."
hi Jay,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review and we are very sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction.

We have been in touch with our Customer Services Digital Media Team and as per their correspondence with yourself, we are sorry to hear that the tweet has disappeared from your message chain. Unfortunately we are unable to offer an explanation into why this has happened. However, we can confirm that the tweet is still visible on our platform and there has been no form of deletion our end.

As a Virgin brand, we take our customer satisfaction and transparency extremely seriously. Therefore, we would never hesitate to uphold any offer of an extension and we can see that not only has this been granted, but we have also extended the expiry further, to make up for the administration error and any inconvenience caused.

We can confirm that your new voucher has been sent to you via Next Day delivery, free of charge, so this should be with you very shortly.

Once again, we are very sorry for any distress caused.
"Booked a day trip to guernsey for my birthday, in short don’t bother. The day trip which is being advertised is NOT a day trip. In actual fact the maximum amount of time you get in guernsey is 4 hours, which doesn’t include the time waiting to board the ferry to get back to Poole, and you have to be all booked in ready and waiting to leave at least 30 minutes before departure. It takes 22 minutes to get to the beaches in guernsey from the port, so just getting to the beach and back takes up a 3rd of your time before you’ve even spent any time there! A total of over 6 hours on the ferry, including 2 hours of waiting time each side, it was an extremely disappointing boring trip and I will NOT be booking with virgin experience days again. Extremely disappointed."
Hi Amber,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, and we are sorry to hear of your disappointment.

We always ensure our vouchers are as transparent as possible, and therefore advise of any availability restrictions or important information, both prior to purchase and upon activation. As a gentle reminder, we advise of the following under the 'Additional Details' tab on our website: "The experience duration includes approximately four hours spent ashore with a sailing time of between 2 hours 30 minutes and three hours, so please allow a full day."

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies that the experience did not meet your expectations and please do not hesitate to get in touch with us if you need anything further.
"Disaster. Worst experience imaginable"
Hi Stephen,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback.
We're really sorry to hear of your disappointment. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us.
"I can’t comment on the actual experience as I haven’t been on it yet but I just wanted to leave a review regarding virgin experience days as a whole. I booked The Shard champagne tasting for a Christmas present and since then I have had nothing but issues with them and I would advise not to use them for anything. Firstly, you can only book over the phone and the opening hours are Mon-Fri 9-5 which is extremely awkward if you work these hours yourself. The next thing I found was once I had managed to find the time to phone them and actually get through to speak to someone is that you can reserve a booking but as I was going with someone else I obviously find out if the date I was given was okay with them and also bearing in mind that the booking was around 4 months away. I was advised that they would call in a few weeks to confirm the booking but I didn’t receive any call whatsoever so I called them only to be told my reserve booking had been given away to someone and they insisted that i was called on a number of occasions to confirm but they hadn’t. I was then advised I was no longer able to make a reserve booking and if I booked and was unable to attend then I would not be able to re-arrange so basically I would loose all my money. Once I had made a booking, I received a call a couple of months later to let me know that the timings of the event had changed which was fine with me but the problem I’m finding with all of this is that everything is on their terms and it’s all most as if they want you to cancel and not attend as they are making money without providing a service. I would recommend to anyone who is considering using virgin experience days to not to use them as they aren’t customer friendly and will quite happily take your money without providing a service."
Hi Emily,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review.
We're so sorry for the issues that you have encountered. We can totally understand your frustration and this is certainly not the experience we want for our customers. We can see that you have now got a booking confirmed, but if you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us via Live Chat or pop us an email (info@virginexperiencedays.co.uk), which may be a little more convenient for you.
"As a surprise for my husband’s birthday, I booked a Five Supercar Thrill Experience from Virgin which includes a Porsche, Aerial Atom, Lamborghini, Aston Martin & Ferrari, 4 laps per car. I booked with Everyman Racing at the Top Gear track at Dunsfold Aerodrome, sounded amazing and I was so excited for him. Upon arrival he attended a safety brief covering off the do’s & don’ts for his time on the track. One of the do’s was to “drive it like you stole it!” (The exact words from the spokesman). During the brief you’re advised to pay an extra £20 to go on a 2 demo laps with an Everyman employee “so you don’t waste your time in the supercars going slow trying to learn the track!” My husband paid £20 and was a passenger in a normal car which only did 1 lap! You’re then given an itinerary, with time slots for each car you’re booked to drive around the track. Each car has a dedicated area, with a flag and barrier where you queue up and await your timeslot. On the other side of the barrier you’ll see a top model of that car parked for all to admire while you wait for your turn. When it’s your time to drive, your name is called out, you go through the barrier only to be walked PAST the top model cars and taken to a row of cars parked across the other side of the pit. These cars are a lot older. When you get in the cars, you’re told you can’t go over 4,000 revs and you can’t go fast. You’re constantly told to slow down, even to the point of the Everyman assistant passenger knocking the gears down with his hand while you’re driving! Whilst in the 8 year old Ferrari, my husband mentioned to the Everyman assistant that in the brief everyone was told they could “drive it like they stole it” to which the assistant replied, “yeah that’s a lie, we’re are not able to go over 3,000 revs in the Ferrari as we’ve had noise complaints and our boss will know the car is being driven fast!” So the Ferrari does 10,000 revs and my husband can only do 3,000!! And as for noise complaints, the track is on an Aerodrome!! So if you want to drive the top model cars you’re escorted past, you have to go to the Sales tent and pay extra to upgrade to the top model Supercars….. but hold on, I thought that’s what I’d already booked on the Virgin Experience website!?! So why would I need to pay extra for something I’ve already purchased!?!? The whole thing is a sales gimmick, you think you’re booking Supercars, but they’re old bangers! And if you want the top model supercars you have to shell out more money on the day to get what you already thought you were getting!?! In the package I’d paid for my husband to be a passenger in a high speed lap around the track. The lap isn’t high speed at all and it’s not even in a supercar! My 82 year old Grandad drives faster! What a HUGE disappointment! Don’t waste your money!"
Hi Tamsyn,

Many thanks for taking the time to let us know about your experience.

We're sorry to hear that the experience didn't go as expected. Driving experiences vary depending on the weather on the day, how may other participants are on the track and any previous experience in a similar car. All of these aspects can affect the speed you are able to go, but we do appreciate that customers want to put their foot down! The instructors are trained to keep you and others safe, whilst allowing you to go as fast as possible.

Please be assured that we like to meet with our suppliers regularly, so we will be sure to pass on your comments at the next meeting. However, if you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to pop us an email (info@virginexperiencedays.co.uk) and we will be only too happy to help.
"Don't bother with Brasserie Blanc...go to Cote Brasserie for better value."
Hi Richard,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review.
We're really sorry to hear of your disappointment and we will be sure to pass your comments onto the supplier directly.
"Tired hotel - The Bell Teweksbury Noise levels in room unacceptable due to kitchen extractor fan and road (which I am aware cant be helped) Lovely staff, but lacked training and guidance long waits for service, didnt have evening meal due to delays, but the quality of breakfast was poor, very greasy and unappealing Great Location, and Teweksbury is fab"
Hi Donna,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review.
We're sorry to hear of your disappointment and the delays that you encountered. Please be assured that we will pass your feedback onto the supplier, but if you wish to discuss this further, please pop us an email (info@virginexperiencedays.co.uk)
"Terrible experience. Location poor and service beyond a joke. Afternoon tea shop purchased scones and cucumber sandwich! Cocktails overpowered with cinnamon. Just terrible"
Hi Mary,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review.
We're really sorry to hear of your disappointment. We would always recommend speaking with the staff on duty regarding any concerns, so that they have the chance to put things right for you on the day. However, if you would like to discuss your comments further, please do not hesitate to get in touch (info@virginexperiencedays.co.uk)
"Rubbish - afternoon tea not worth the money!!!👎"
Hi,
We're really sorry to hear this!
If you would like to discuss this in more detail, please do not hesitate to get in touch (info@virginexperiencedays.co.uk)
"Fleeced us of our money. Cancelled five times then will only give two thirds refund back, so this huge conglomerate is pocketing a huge £100 for cancelling us five times!"
""Craft Your Own Gin for Two at Devon Gin School" - a truly fantastic experience, choosing your ingredients and making your own gin = 5 stars. Virgin Experience = -4 stars, equalling a solid 1 star. These vouchers are a hassle to actually activate and use, and Virgin will charge you extra at any opportunity to actually make use of them. You only have to look at their responses to other negative reviews to see how little they care for the customer. Would highly recommend this experience to anyone - just book direct with the vendor and save yourself a lot of time and money!"
"WARNING!! Do not purchase the "Acre of Land on the Moon" via Virgin Experiences. You will not receive the documentation!! I'm still chasing Virgin daily for mine - its been some 6 weeks now and counting. Its an absolute rip off - buy elsewhere."
"Very poor communication. Complicated rules etc. Risk of losing experience through time delay. Virgin needs to examine site through consumer's eye"
"Kew Gardens not recommended due to overhead aircraft noise every 30 seconds"
Virgin Experience Days is rated 4.14 based on 2,007 reviews