Virgin Experience Days Reviews

Virgin Experience Days 5 star review on 22nd December 2019
Emma
Virgin Experience Days 4 star review on 21st December 2019
More Photos & Videos
If could give a zero rating I would. This is my first time using Virgin Experience and it will be my last. I would not even recommend others using them because they’re untrustworthy and lack any resemblance of customer service.

I had my Virgin Experiences Booked over a 2 day period and a fortnight ago, they cancelled my experience days, despite no government request pertaining to Covid-19, despite all businesses still operating, and despite me still excited to attend. I understand that these are extenuating circumstances, and that they chose to cancel experience days. I get that.

But what I don’t accept is the fact that they’re refusing to issue me a full refund for a service they’ve failed to supply me. Yes cancel the experience days for customers (bearing in mind they did so weeks before the government ordered companies to close), however refusing to issue customers with a full refund and keeping my money, despite not providing me with a service is downright dishonest, unethical and illegal.

If customers pay for a service and you can no longer provide such service, then you REFUND THEM ALL THEIR MONEY, that’s what you’re insured for....not pocket my money for yourselves! I dread to think how many more people you’re treating like this, pocketing customers money after you have cancelled their trips, then refusing to refund customers....shameful!

Booked 3 I fly vouchers for my grandchildren so 6 people in total for the bargain price of 150 pounds 50% discount it said for Christmas!
If you try to book then I fly impose a fee of £25 per person to book at they say peak times 12 to 18.00 weekends and school holidays they can only offer me 9 am or 8 PM I have to travel 2hrs 30 mins to get there have to be there an hour before fly time impossible with 4 children and 8pm is too late for the children. Then drive home very late just not feasible Virgin said when I complained it is up to I Fly i also did not see this £25 in term and conditions as they say it is stated and I am not the only person on here that has said that as I have not got another £150 pounds to spend and then this takes it up to original price so where is the discount ?
In the beginning of March there was a promotion on sale for 37.99 for 2 people with a £5,00 excess if you want to book at peak times how can that be ??? Christmas offer is ONE BIG CON TAKING ADVANTAGE OF PEOPLE AT THIS BUSIEST OF TIMES then offering no help except change to something else no matter of the big let down to the children will never book anything like this again.
They will not refund after14 days woeful customer service and they only show some negative tweets on twitter , read the small print but better still go elsewhere or just give the person the money
Absolute con. Brought ifly experience only allowed slots 9am 9pm or 10pm on a Saturday. If go in to book as non virgin then you have all day availability. Also 25 fee fo a Saturday. Was told the 25 was advised at booking but they can't prove it and no on voucher or email. There was nothing on on limited availability for virgin customers. I am disgusted as their customer services do not see that this is unacceptable. I would have put no stars if it was an option
Sorry to say but from the start of my Virgin Experience It was awful had to phone twice to get the e-ticket then in the day of the afternoon tea in the Edinburgh red bistro bus the company called two hours before and said the bus has broken down so was then left with nothing I booked this for a gift for my mums 80th birthday no alternative was offered and now finding it really hard to get a refund will not use them customer care they have none happy to take your money but not happy to be off any help.
Their customer service is extremely disappointing.

I ordered a gift box, and even paid extra for next day delivery since I needed it for Christmas. Supposedly (according to their delivery provider's tracking service), the package arrived two days after I had ordered it - NOT the next day.

However, and in spite of them claiming it was delivered, the package NEVER arrived.

So I contacted them through Facebook and requested a refund. Their answer was that they will process a refund of the voucher, BUT they cannot offer a refund on the postage "as this service has been fulfilled".

To sum up, I have lost 15 pound for a Christmas present that never arrived.
Underwhelmed.
I cant recommend. Absolutely rubbish customer services. My booking has gone around in circles and i cant confirm my booking exists. I’ve spent 2x 30 minutes listening to their answerphone (which states there is an on line chat - there isn’t) and still got no response. So I’ll get my money back and book elsewhere.
Booked a virgin experience day within the dates to receive a 20% discount (this was the last day that I could claim). I thought the discount had gone through only to pay and realise it had taken the full amount! I immediately emailed to say what had happened. I did not get a response by email so rang up to say what had happened and too see if I could claim some sort of refund. They said that they couldn’t because the transaction had already gone through. This is not fair as it was clearly within the days to receive the discount and I emailed them straight away!

Overall the booking process was easy enough, just a little frustrated that the discount hasn’t been honoured!!
virgin nightmare thats how I sum it up, my son bought the experience for my 50 birthday for Jamie olivers within 3 weeks of buying this all his restaurants closed down, after a week of trying to get help from virgin we managed to exchange it for a meal at the clink restaurant, we went for our experience which was absolutely great the service and meal was exceptional then we went to pay only to find out that the voucher would not work the manageress went above and beyond to try and resolve the situation after 30 mins of trying to sort this out I eventually paid for the meal and explained I would sort this out with virgin. trying to get hold of virgin was a nightmare having to be put on hold ,constant ringing with no answer and also the opening hours of 9-5 is quite awkward when you are unable to make calls in works time it took me two weeks to eventually get through and speak to someone who then said that I was unable to have a refund and would have to rebook (not happy) I then applied for the bella italia meal whilst on the line with the lady from virgin, I received the voucher and that evening booked my experience. went for my meal today and same as the clink it was exceptional service and food stunning, went to pay and guess what the voucher would not work again. the manageress had to take my phone and email virgin for an activation code which I already had from virgin we then waited for this to come through only to find it still wouldnt work, the staff were exceptional again and they finally got it all sorted. on the two occasions I found it very embarrassing standing at the till with a que of people waiting to be served only to find out this voucher would not work.
absolutely awful service.......staff cannot even be bothered to answer your call or deal with query via email. will not deal with them again. Both numbers 01494956788 and 03445040844 permanently engaged for days.......hope you all have a happy festive holiday having ruined others.
You took £201 via PayPal for 3 vouchers for overnight stay at charming British inn I have not received vouchers no answer to emails no answer to phone calls PayPal have intervened I will be willing to go through small claims court appalling company have let me down with 3 Xmas presents how can I be still waiting they were E vouchers will stick to buyagift in future or groupon they have excellent customer care team never had a problem with them you should be ashamed I’m a hard working nurse who’s working Xmas day and your company have no respect for your customers
Poorly organised by staff at encore had to arrange special assistance and wheelchair accessible seating myself directly with theatre. Given meal options choose Prezzo at 5pm. No email confirmation was rcvd so called back on day of visit to confirm booking and said nothing had been booked for us. Went into detail with the agent regarding the issues we had already had and then rebooked our meal to be told Prezzo wasn't an option in December and only restaurant available at short notice was sports bar and Grill with little option we booked a table. Having explained to the agent my wife's wheelchair needs imagine my utter shock when we arrived at the Sports Bar to realise to get to the restaurant you have to climb 2 flights of stairs. No Lift. Manager was unhelpful and very rude about this saying if you want to eat you have to come up the stairs. My wife, with my support, climbed the stairs causing severe pain and discomfort. Things didn't improve service was awful and the food wasn't great our burger was full of hard gristle bits, we were given the bill before we had even had our desserts. On the plus side the staff at the theatre are amazing and helpful simply could not do enough to help and WICKED itself was truly wonderful. I honestly can't believe in this day and age disabled people are treated so poorly my wife's needs were made very clear but simply overlooked by staff at encore truly disappointing. What's more I emailed encore and virgin to make a complaint following our trip and didn't even have decency to email an apology
I have tried and tried at different times of the day to book a theatre trip before my voucher expires. I have been told that if I want to extend the date it will be £20 but how can I book if you do not answer the phone. Well the phone is answered but I was told each time the lines were busy then was cut off. So if customers can’t book their experience it’s very profitable for the company if customers either lose their money or pay extra for the extention. Well done Virgin I will tell my family not to pay out money again for a virgin experience. I’ve asked them to phone me to make a booking but don’t expect that will happen.
Do not book any experience with a virgin. I have booked loads of experience days and they are by far the worst. They never ever answer the phone so it’s impossible to book any of the days you have prepaid. I called them at 1pm on a Friday and it said they were in training all afternoon
experience there phone line was enough 40 mins of listening to there music 😱 tried again later and same thing . Gave up
Hi,

Due to the Black Friday weekend and the run up to Christmas, we are super busy at the moment and the wait times may be a little longer than usual. Our team are trying to get through to each customer and assist them with their query, so we apologise for any delay.

We appreciate that people lead busy lives and don't always have the time to hold, so it maybe more convenient for you contact us via live chat or pop us an email (info@virginexperiencedays.co.uk) and we will do our best to assist you.

Thank you for your patience.
Absolutely appauling phone line constant wait on several occasions. Voucher not received for over 2 weeks promised calls to update not received. Refused any compensation go with other providers. Contacting trading standards to see my options.
Called to extend and exchange a voucher. Over 2 weeks later I had not received the voucher I was promised a call back within 48 hours which didn't happen and when I asked if I could be given a voucher as some form of compensation for my endless calls they stated no......go with any other provider for experience days they offer a better service!!!! No response to emails and 40 minute wait on the phone disgusting. I'm not going to contact trading standards.
Hi Andrew,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

We're sorry to hear of the issues that you encountered when trying to merge and extend your vouchers.

We can confirm that we have processed your exchange and your new vouchers should be with you shortly.

Please accept our apologies once again for any inconvenience and for the delays experienced.
Virgin Experience Days is rated 4.11 based on 2,074 reviews