Virgin Experience Days Reviews

Read Virgin Experience Days Reviews

social.media@virginexperiencedays.co.uk

Virgin Experience DaysStamford HouseBoston DriveBourne End SL8 5YS

Tell us how Virgin Experience Days made you happy
Recently booked the rejuvenate spa package at virgin experience in Solihull, the spa treatments were great, the beauticians were wonderful and attentive. We were a bit disappointed that our treatments were so early and using the facilities came after. (not ideal and in my opinion not really spa day more treatments and gym pass) What ruined our day was the stuck up and quite frankly rude receptionist on the front desk and the rude assistant in the coffee shop who looked down their nose at my partner and I. No where on the website does it say they do not accept pyshical cash so me and my partner only took cash in the hopes of buying a lock for lockers. (rude receptionist thought it was ok to snigger when we said we didn't bring cards and was very judgmental) The layout was terrible, the spa is not attached to the facilities instead you have to go the through the gym and through changing rooms to get to them, as it was me and my partner we were in separate changing rooms which meant we had to meet at the top of the pool so he could give me our belongings to put in the lockers.
Very dissapointing
Experience is great, but customer service close to zero and terrible booking system.
Awful, do not book here!
Hi Sarah,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

We're sorry to hear of your disappointment. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us by email (info@virginexperiencedays.co.uk) or via live chat and we would be happy to help.
Disappointingly tame and underwhelming. Our super car race day at Smeartharpe stadium unfortunately was a let down. The track layout is not a race track, but a collection of cones to weave through. My maximum speed on the day was 45mph. I’m not a speed freak but clearly expected the ability to briefly put my foot down to experience the raw power. Would not recommend for an actual driving experience, but if you just want to slowly amble in the car of your dreams you will be satisfied!!
Hi Travis,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy aspects of your experience. The information received is passed on to our suppliers as this helps us to improve and maintain the standards of service we would expect for our customers. We can also advise that your comments have been logged onto our in-house database so that we can monitor these moving forwards.
The selection of sandwiches was poor, I don’t like avocado or cucumber and just putting that on a piece of toast on its own was a bit odd, we had to ask for our cream and Jam to go with the scones, and it took 20 minutes for someone to take our cocktail order. The cheesecake and brownies tasted like they were mass produced from a supermarket, the afternoon tea would have be better if it was more homemade and more thought had gone in to it rather than just putting bought food onto a plate
Good morning,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

We are really disappointed to read that you were unhappy with the standard of the food served on your Afternoon Tea. We would always recommend raising anything like this with the staff on the day of your experience, so that they have the opportunity to put things right. However, we really do appreciate your valuable feedback and we will be sure to make the supplier aware of your comments.
After booking the spa day in advance for my mother and aunty (that was visiting from abroad), they received a call on the day to say that due to staff shortages they had to reschedule for an appointment next week. My mother informed the staff that this was not possible as my aunty would be leaving the country at the end of the week and that it is not fair to inconvenience the customer and they should find some replacement/agency staff. All credit due, the member of staff on the phone said she would call my mother back, to which she did and advised the full body massage (x2)could still go ahead but at a different time to what was originally booked. I thought this was the only positive thing from this entire experience, as this member of staff did her best to make it happen and avoided it being cancelled all together. The package included cream tea for two, consisted of two scones and butter. On the Virgin Website other reviews had uploaded photographs of fresh strawberries, cream and jam. My aunty asked for coffee instead of tea, but apparently both coffee machines were out of service. In the Spa, my mother and aunty informed staff that the water cooler was empty, but nothing was done to refill it. The temperature was over 30 degrees and water should have been available for them, or at least advised where else to go to access drinking water. I was really excited to see photos and hear about their luxury spa day but my mother came home with a headache. After hearing their experience it is not worth the money. Perhaps other Marriott Hotels offer better services but I would not recommend the Bexleyheath branch. Swimming pool was occupied all afternoon with children's swimming lessons so unable to use the pool.
Difficult to register takes an age.
The Beatles Story museum is fun and has its charm although isn’t especially comprehensive and is a little muddled. The meal was distinctly average, bordering on bad. The place empty, no atmosphere and manned by disinterested staff who wouldn’t answer the ever-ringing phone. The menu was very restrictive as was the wine choice and the food wasn’t great. I would advice booking tickets for the Beatles Story straight from the museum and finding somewhere nice to eat afterwards, rather than booking this experience.
Not worth the money
Very disappointing and certainly didn’t or should not be referred to as A Traditional Afternoon Tea if it doesn’t live up to it.
Not worth the money
As a birthday gift from my family we visited Kew Gardens with cream tea for 2. Obviously nothing wrong with Kew Gardens it’s the most beautiful place. The ‘cream tea’ was the problem, the overview on voucher mentioned heading for the beautiful Orangery for a self service cream tea. On arrival at the Orangery, which was almost empty that day, we were told by a waitress that our voucher could not be used and we should go to ‘Botanicals’, so we walked the fair distance to be told ,’ no you can’t use a voucher here, go over to the Cafe. We then headed to the Cafe, which is part of the very busy gift shop. On enquiring to staff what the cream tea consisted of we were told, slice of cake and coffee!! So we proceeded to cashier with said cake and ordered coffee, and were told,no this isn’t part of cream tea and pointed out th member of staff we had previously spoken to, her reply was ‘Oh ok but just this once’. So basically the ‘cream tea was coffee in a paper cup with cake, (no scones and cream). No chance of a table in such a busy section either. To be honest, this is far from my idea of an afternoon cream tea!! What made the whole experience worse is that Over a two week period and at least 12 emails back and forth, Customer Support merely thanked me for my feedback. Obviously the problems arose through lack of knowledge/helpfulness by staff at Kew, but Virgin should really investigate so that people like my family do not buy experience days which are expensive and are not delivering what they promise.
Good food, poor ‘experience’. Obvious that it would have been easier and cheaper to book direct.From start to finish, from choosing the ‘experience ‘ to validating and printing and booking , was very long winded I had booked a table for 2 adults and 2 children(both needing high chairs) there was no table or chairs ready and we had to child proof the table from cutlery and rearrange chairs. The menu was very much a massive upsell. If you wanted steak, it was extra. If you wanted salad, you had to pay extra for any meat. Brownie was over microwaved, so much that it couldn’t be cut through and had turned into a burnt caramelised biscuit on the bottom. I had to bring my little boy who is two. I asked for just a small chips, but was told I had to order him a three course meal from the child’s menu, which was an utter waste. Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Hi Lucy,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback.
We're sorry to hear of your disappointment and the trouble you encountered using your voucher. Whilst we do try and provide as much as possible within our packages and our set menus, we do appreciate that this may not be suitable for everyone. Any extras that are purchased are optional and paid directly to the supplier.
Overcrowded. Uncomfortable seats and disgusting toilets
Hi Chris,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review.
We're really sorry to hear about your less than satisfactory experience. It would be great to know what experience you had and pass this feedback onto the supplier, so if you would like to get in touch please pop an email to info@virginexperiencedays.co.uk.
A lot of waiting around for 8 minutes of driving. The driving was good but it felt like you were in a cattle market.
Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

It is a real shame that the delays affected you on the day. The team do work hard to keep to the schedule as closely as possible, however there can be occasions when this regrettably isn't possible for various reasons. We will certainly pass your feedback onto the supplier directly so that they are aware of the points you've raised.
Limiting options when booking. Still had to spend further £50 on the day.
Hi Niloma, thank you for your recent review.

In regards to our vouchers, we do always try our hardest to ensure the inclusions are made clear on the voucher and if any you are wanting any extras, they are payable on the day.

Please do accept our sincere apologies if this information had been missed.
Booking process too long winded and contact number didn’t work. Voucher only valid for 6 month which I think should be 12 months to have the option of going in the better weather as it was a present for Christmas.
Hi Chris, thank you for your recent review and we are very sorry to hear of your disappointment.

All of our vouchers do come with different validity periods and we do advise of these prior to purchase and on the physical voucher itself so we can only sincerely apologise if this information was missed.
Not a charming break, thank goodness there is a beautiful cathedral nearby.
Hi there, thank you for your recent review.

We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the experience and we are very sorry to see the picture attached. We will be sure to pass these comments on to the supplier directly so that they are able to be monitored moving forwards.
Poor hotel with sad staff, to top it all a bad dilapidated room and very poor breakfast
Hi Wayne, thank you for your review and we are very sorry to hear of your disappointment.

We welcome all our customers’ feedback, positive or otherwise, and the information received is passed on to our suppliers for their comments. This helps us to improve and maintain the standards of service we would expect for our customers. We can also advise that your comments have been logged onto our in-house database so that our Quality & Performance Manager can monitor these moving forwards.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave a review.
Virgin Experience Days is rated 4.14 based on 2,008 reviews