VideoScribe Reviews

81% of reviewers recommend VideoScribe

Tell us how VideoScribe made you happy

Marie-Claude Lessard
"Ease of use and capacity to generate an original video in very little time."
Kyle Buchanan
"I use whiteboard animation videos to teach best-practice memorization techniques to students, so they crush their exams. VideoScribe helps me connect with my audience and deliver them huge value. I love the Steve Jobs quote that 'simplicity is the ultimate sophistication' and simplicity is one of the things VideoScribe does really well. It's easy to use and helps me create engaging videos my audience loves. I started out with VideoScribe when I created a short whiteboard animation video to put on YouTube. It was a promotional video to help market a book I'd published on Amazon. As a promo video it was a complete failure (no increase in book sales) but people loved the video and it started to get more and more views and engagement. So I thought "Maybe I should transform the book into a complete series of whiteboard animation videos". I posted the first couple for free on YouTube, directing traffic to the complete course on my website (https://www.memorize.academy) It was a success and I've recently started posting regular whiteboard animation videos on YouTube. Part of my branding is 'The Whiteboard Animation Memory Coach'. Between YouTube and other platforms my videos have been watched over 7 million times, making me the most viewed memory coach in the world. I've received a YouTube Silver Play Button for reaching 100,000 subscribers and now I'm focused on reaching one million. VideoScribe allows me to create unique and high quality videos for my audience, and it's one of the essential tools in my business."
"The program is still a bit clunky and not (in my opinion) navigated easily for first time users. However, the most impressive thing to me - and I do mean IMPRESSIVE - is your staff. Johnny, Michael, and especially Barry, have been remarkably patient and helpful to me. The "instant answers" button on the Sparkle Help page (http://help.sparkol.com/support/home) doesn't necessarily provide "instant answers". I was on a tight deadline and needed to speak with a human being to help me solve issues with the program and I was forced to wait until at least the next day for a response that wasn't always what I needed. The community blog / forum is good, but is hit or miss. People using this tool professionally, need "instant answers" - not answers that may or may not help, one to two days later. Other than that, I like the program, I would like to see more editing tools (especially with the voice over feature) and a way to create my own backgrounds instead of just working with the ones provided."
"Sanjay V Desai Bhajana"
"Scribe make me sóo happy"
"Scribe make me sóo happy"
Having happy customers make us happy!
"So Good! Excellent!"
Thanks for the kind words, really glad you like the software.
"Saya senang"
Glad you like it!
"VideoScribe is phenomenal. There is not much of a learning curve so you can quickly make professional looking products. I let my subscription lapse, but then realized I could not live without it!"
Very kind words, thanks so much!
"Easy to draw and make animations, great software but a bit pricey."
Glad you found it so easy to use, we do have the occasional special offer available so make sure you are signed up to our mailing list and keep an eye out for a bargain!
"I feel it very good. I will always use it to make good videoes."
Excellent, I am sure your viewers will enjoy watching them!
"Hello I am use is andiod app"
Hello Satendra, we don't have an Android verison at the moment but we are working on one. VideoScribe is a desktop application for Windows and Mac. We also have a companion app called VideoScribe Anywhere which is available on iOS.
"estoy feli"
Alejandro, glad you're happy and thanks for the 5 stars!
"took me some time practicing to be able to use but the end product was very professional"
Hello Linda, glad you for the professional video you were after. I am sure the time invested in getting to know the product will pay off.
"Good"
Hello Kiran, thanks for the 5 stars!
"Confusing."
Sorry that you're finding things confusing. I'll get the support team in contact to see if they can help clear things up for you.
"I've made two videos with my new VideoScribe software purchase, and I'm very pleased with them and what I can create with this program. But a great downside and frustration is the percentage of the images that are pay-for-use after I've already purchased the software. The amount of free-use is very small compared to the number of paid images., and this feels like a gouge for more money than the initial purchase price."
Hello Frederick,
Glad you are pleased with what you can create with VideoScribe.
We have over 4500 images in the library and are adding new ones all the time. If there is something you feel is missing feel free to let us know - http://help.videoscribe.co/support/discussions/topics/11000002397.
With regards the premium images, these are actually sold by private illustrators through the application which is why we cannot include them in the subscription price. The illustrator sets the price and keeps all intellectual property rights to their work and you can find out more about this at https://contribute.sparkol.com/.
"I have subscribed for £22 to use video scribe to create a training video for teachers in slum school in India but even with a subscription you can't access lots of the images and can't save the file as an MP4. You also can't add video clips. I'm very disappointed and wish I had saved the money. £22 will buy a lot of children's dinners in India."
Hello Aimee,
Support will be in contact shortly to go over things in detail and try and help in any way they can. Thought I would quickly address the points here as well though for others who may have similar concerns.
- Premium images in VideoScribe are sold by private artists who submit their work via https://contribute.sparkol.com. We don't own them so can't include them in the subscription.
- You can't add video clips. VideoScribe is a whiteboard animation tool so if you can't draw it on a board you can't add it.
- .MP4 output is available via Sho.co.
- We have a 7 day free trial to allow people to make sure it's the right tool for you before you buy. We also have a 14-day money back option for non-commercial customers.
"100 out of 100"
Thanks so much for the review and glad you rate us so highly!
"I love the flexibility of VideoScribe but because it was just a trial I didn't get to explore what else there was available; plus, whilst I understand a watermark is necessary on trial there were far too many. Covering the entire animation was really OTT imho."
Hello Rosemarie, thanks for the review and glad there were things you loved. If you do decide to go on and purchase a subscription you will be able to continue with any projects you made in trial and publish them without the watermark.
"I'm sooo excited to create!!! Thank you for this Awesome product!"
Hello Allenda, there is a link to our help pages under the download button and we have instructions on downloading and installing there. I'll get the support team in contact with you to get you up and running.
"I was introduced to VideoScribe by a colleague as I am giving a presentation at a company workshop and wanted something with a bit more story-telling capacity than powerpoint (I was considering commissioning my son to make me a stop-motion Lego movie!). My experience with VideoScribe has been incredibly positive from the start. It is simple to use and for the bits that I couldn't just pick up by playing around, the tutorial videos helped fill in the blanks and gave me some pointers on styling my presentation. Those that have seen it (as a sneak preview - not doing the presentation for a week) have been blown away. I actually came on the site to look at prices for getting team licensing so more users in the company can use it. My one gripe is that I have put together a sound effects background track and have noticed that if it is all perfectly in sync when played in the editor, once I compile the presentation into a movie file, the sound drifts out. I actually ran the movie and the editor versions simultaneously and the movie version ended 2 seconds before the editor (over a 6 min 30 presentation). I am sure I will get everything lined up with a bit of persistence, but it would be helpful if the timeline was more reliable for this sort of thing (I may be being a bit more ambitious than the software is built for). What would be a great enhancement, would be to be able to link sounds to animations, rather than having a single sound track. Overall though - fantastic. Thank you."
Liam, awesome to hear VideoScribe is helping you create something you're so proud of and seems set to wow the audience. As for the time sync issue I'll log a support ticket for you, it's hard to be sure without seeing your project but from what you have described we may be able to help you achieve perfection.
"Clunky to use. Severely lacking in any refinements that would make slide creation easier, like pinning the canvas so it cannot be moved inadvertently, or showing the actual scene that should be displayed when going back to an earlier slide, instead of showing the scene from the last slide you were working on ... I have over a dozen things that would make slide creation faster and more pleasurable. Overpriced for the capability."
Hello Peter, thanks for the feedback I'll pass it onto the product team. I'll raise a support ticket for you as well and send you a few tips and tricks to help you achieve what you are looking for.
VideoScribe is rated 4.25 based on 420 reviews