VideoScribe Reviews

82% of reviewers recommend VideoScribe

How would you rate VideoScribe ?

Marie-Claude Lessard
Marie-Claude Lessard
Verified Buyer
"Ease of use and capacity to generate an original video in very little time."
Kyle Buchanan
Kyle Buchanan
Verified Buyer
"I use whiteboard animation videos to teach best-practice memorization techniques to students, so they crush their exams. VideoScribe helps me connect with my audience and deliver them huge value. I love the Steve Jobs quote that 'simplicity is the ultimate sophistication' and simplicity is one of the things VideoScribe does really well. It's easy to use and helps me create engaging videos my audience loves. I started out with VideoScribe when I created a short whiteboard animation video to put on YouTube. It was a promotional video to help market a book I'd published on Amazon. As a promo video it was a complete failure (no increase in book sales) but people loved the video and it started to get more and more views and engagement. So I thought "Maybe I should transform the book into a complete series of whiteboard animation videos". I posted the first couple for free on YouTube, directing traffic to the complete course on my website (https://www.memorize.academy) It was a success and I've recently started posting regular whiteboard animation videos on YouTube. Part of my branding is 'The Whiteboard Animation Memory Coach'. Between YouTube and other platforms my videos have been watched over 7 million times, making me the most viewed memory coach in the world. I've received a YouTube Silver Play Button for reaching 100,000 subscribers and now I'm focused on reaching one million. VideoScribe allows me to create unique and high quality videos for my audience, and it's one of the essential tools in my business."
"The program is still a bit clunky and not (in my opinion) navigated easily for first time users. However, the most impressive thing to me - and I do mean IMPRESSIVE - is your staff. Johnny, Michael, and especially Barry, have been remarkably patient and helpful to me. The "instant answers" button on the Sparkle Help page (http://help.sparkol.com/support/home) doesn't necessarily provide "instant answers". I was on a tight deadline and needed to speak with a human being to help me solve issues with the program and I was forced to wait until at least the next day for a response that wasn't always what I needed. The community blog / forum is good, but is hit or miss. People using this tool professionally, need "instant answers" - not answers that may or may not help, one to two days later. Other than that, I like the program, I would like to see more editing tools (especially with the voice over feature) and a way to create my own backgrounds instead of just working with the ones provided."
"I have been a user of VideoScribe for many years. I purchased a lifetime license years ago and the full SVG Studio for assets. The team at VideoScribe has always been awesome to work with and very responsive. Barry is always responsive and very helpful. He really cares, you can tell in how he works to resolve issues. I love the toolset and the improvements they keep making are super helpful. Once you get the hang of it its really easy to use. I did struggle a bit to get making high quality scribes because I am not as artistic some of the really cool samples on their web site... but I am getting there. a quick story, I first installed in my iPad years ago.. on my way to bed ..and started goofing around with it. I was so excited I woke up several (4) times to work on my first scribe during the night.. (yes I am married. Sadly for my wife she is married to me) by early morning I was so excited to share my evenings work with her.. (she was less excited than I, lets just say). But it was a masterpiece. She did go back to sleep. Anyway, I have been hooked ever since. Try it you will be too. it's kind of addicting."
"There is absolutely no support. We (as a company) have unlimited license and we use Videoscribe from its beginning. There is no day we are not dealing with bugs. We stopped reporting them +- 1 year ago since there were no reactions. Newer versions make it even worse. No matter how powerful computer you have you will struggle. Especially with longer 4+ mins scribes. Sorry guys, nice idea, but terrible app. Hope someone will compete with you on the market soon."
"I found Scribe a very innovative, resourceful and friendly easy-to-use tool of communication. The video tuturials are awesome and I had outstanding online support from Barry from Sparkol."
"It's an idiot-proof (the idiot in question is me) piece of software, very effective and user-friendly. After a year on it (in this case a yearly payment), I changed mine to monthly. Then, last month, I decided to drop it for the time being, as I had lost some work for which it would have been needed. This was done, and then yesterday things changed again, and I needed to reinstate the software. The Sparkol people did all this painlessly for me, and for that and other reasons (I am not connected with Sparkol), I can recommend them unreservedly."
"Great product, great support. I used videoscribe in 2015, and now I am back again to this service! 5 stars recommended."
"I cancelled my subscription and they took the money out of my account and will not give me a refund. They say once it has been processed they do not refund payments. Even though I cancelled the script prior to them taking the money out."
Hugh Heinsohn
Unverified Reviewer
"The product is interesting and, while it is possible to produce acceptable results, the company's very poor customer service makes it a bad value. I can't recommend Videoscribe to anyone and it's best to seek out an alternative. There are many other packages that offer similar functionality."
Lorenzo Romero
Verified Buyer
"HOLA,para mi muy bueno,solo que muy caro ,hoy hay otros programas similaresque he comprado,como explaindio, me hice miembro ylo compre de por vida y loque cree con el ,es mio ,puedo escribir sobre videos,y demas,pero video escribe para mi es el mejor, yo lo unico que ago son videitos para mi canal en youtube pero no huso scribe porque tengo que pagarlrs a ustede.y nunca he ganado un centavo.me gustaria promoverlos pero.cuando vean el precio que no es accesible a todos es una perdida de tiempo ,ademas de queno sabemos como ganar dinero con este programa."
Jerome Bangayan
Verified Buyer
"With videoscribe, I can make doodle videos as expected. Although, I wish I can do more."
Thanks Jerome, Do keep an eye on our website and social media channels as we have plenty more innovations coming on line over the next few months.
Peter Edwards
Verified Buyer
"Excellent product - but MORE characters/images etc are needed in the basic library. One feels a little chagrined when one realises that even further expenditure is required to make full use of VideoScribe."
Really appreciate your review of VideoScribe Peter. We currently offer some 3,000 images within our basic library. That said we have embarked on an on-going program to boost the volume further. We announce each new pack via our social media channels so please follow us for more information.
Rachel Ludke
Verified Buyer
"It is very easy to learn and use. My video's are turning out magnificent and I'm able to upload them into Filmora where I'm adding in other clips to create a finished product. :)"
So pleased that you are making the most of VideoScribe... keep up the great work!
"Tutorial videos made learning ohow to use VideoScribe fairly easy."
Thats really great feedback - thank you. We will be supplementing these videos with others, looking at new features, in the very near future.
Sarah Burke
Verified Buyer
"It is very simple to use and the online tutorials are very helpful. There is a great selection of free images and music. At my first attempt I was able to produce a video that looked so professional most people in my company thought I'd commissioned it from an external supplier!"
What a great review. Thank you. If you would like to share your Scribe, and we'd love you to, you can submit it to our scribe wall at http://www.videoscribe.co/scribes
"see previous comment"
"Excellent for creating basic videos"
Pleased to hear that VideoScribe is proving a great platform for video production. If you would like to learn how to make it sing you can access our training videos at http://help.videoscribe.co/support/solutions/folders/1000157449
"i have tried other whiteboard animation software in the past but nothing comes close to VideoScribe. You can read my complete review here https://www.wpislife.com/videoscribe-whiteboard-animation-software-review/"
Kartono Herpurwanto
"good for my work"
Great to hear Kartono!
"Product great. We used it for a school production. Customer service very responsive. Thanks guys for your help and understanding."
Really glad to be of service - especially when we see VideoScribe being put to good use in the education sector. Many thanks for your positive review.
Sara Vaudo
Verified Buyer
"Videoscribe is an userfriendly software. I made great output for my client with a small effort."
That's great to hear Sara. Hopefully you'll continue to produce more great content over the coming weeks and months. Thank you for your review.
Bozena Rumak
Verified Buyer
"VideoScribe is a good tool beacuse I can quickly prepare training material for participants of my courses."
Really pleased to hear that you are using VideoScribe in an educative environment... The more people we can help the happier we are.
VideoScribe is rated 4.27 based on 343 reviews