VideoScribe Reviews

of reviewers recommend VideoScribe
Email, Live Chat, Telephone
Read VideoScribe  Reviews

hello@sparkol.com

Tell us how VideoScribe made you happy
VideoScribe  5 star review on 16th December 2016
Ted McLyman
VideoScribe  5 star review on 13th October 2016
Nathan Lindorf
VideoScribe  5 star review on 12th October 2016
What did I miss? In an attempt to find Educational benefits/discounts (from the bar) I kept getting recycled to the generic "contact us". Where then, specifically, can I find educational benefits/discounts? Thank you.
Hey John, we have a number of things to offer either individual teachers/students, right through to subscriptions to cover the whole school. That form will get you through to the sales team who can help you work out which of the offerings would work best for you.
Richi banna photo editing
Confusing.
Sorry that you're finding things confusing. I'll get the support team in contact to see if they can help clear things up for you.
I've made two videos with my new VideoScribe software purchase, and I'm very pleased with them and what I can create with this program. But a great downside and frustration is the percentage of the images that are pay-for-use after I've already purchased the software. The amount of free-use is very small compared to the number of paid images., and this feels like a gouge for more money than the initial purchase price.
Hello Frederick,
Glad you are pleased with what you can create with VideoScribe.
We have over 4500 images in the library and are adding new ones all the time. If there is something you feel is missing feel free to let us know - http://help.videoscribe.co/support/discussions/topics/11000002397.
With regards the premium images, these are actually sold by private illustrators through the application which is why we cannot include them in the subscription price. The illustrator sets the price and keeps all intellectual property rights to their work and you can find out more about this at https://contribute.sparkol.com/.
Clunky to use. Severely lacking in any refinements that would make slide creation easier, like pinning the canvas so it cannot be moved inadvertently, or showing the actual scene that should be displayed when going back to an earlier slide, instead of showing the scene from the last slide you were working on ... I have over a dozen things that would make slide creation faster and more pleasurable. Overpriced for the capability.
Hello Peter, thanks for the feedback I'll pass it onto the product team. I'll raise a support ticket for you as well and send you a few tips and tricks to help you achieve what you are looking for.
The free trial (7 days only) of this software doesn't allow downloads of projects created to one's computer, which is very disappointing. I had wanted to see how videos created in VideoScribe performed within my other video editing software, as part of a larger whole, but this is not possible. It is much harder to make decisions to purchase without this function.
Thanks for the feedback!
There are a few restrictions on the trial and we do appreciate that they are not perfect for everyone. If you find you need something specific to make a better assessment of the product just get in contact with the support team (http://help.videoscribe.co) and explain what you need and why. We'll always do our best to help where we can.
The main issue I now have is that when I buy an image from the store, I cannot store it and re-use. I raised this on the Forums, only to be told it was "...with the team for consideration". This seems to be a legal issue to me. I have bought something, yet there is no really easy way to re-use my purchase. Surely this is a must-have, not something "...for consideration"? It is stopping me ever buying the more expensive images. As a corporate user, I want to re-use images regularly to set a "theme" within the company, and this is an incredibly irritating attitude. Jon knows that I support and love the company, and have done since the very early days, but this is getting very tiresome now.
Hello Bruce, So once you have purchased a premium image there are 2 places where you can access it and use it again. It joins your 'Recently Used' images and that saves the last 100 things you have used. If it's dropped out of that list then, as a backup option, you can copy and paste it from the project you originally used it on. We have a help page that covers this in more detail -
Welll maybe at least 1 month of trial why not yooo
If you can't get a feel for a product in the 7 days we currently have for free-trial then just get in contact with the support team (http://help.sparkol.com) explaining why and we can usually provide a few more days... a month is maybe pushing it a bit though ;)
With videoscribe, I can make doodle videos as expected. Although, I wish I can do more.
Thanks Jerome, Do keep an eye on our website and social media channels as we have plenty more innovations coming on line over the next few months.
Tutorial videos made learning ohow to use VideoScribe fairly easy.
Thats really great feedback - thank you. We will be supplementing these videos with others, looking at new features, in the very near future.
Product great. We used it for a school production. Customer service very responsive. Thanks guys for your help and understanding.
Really glad to be of service - especially when we see VideoScribe being put to good use in the education sector. Many thanks for your positive review.
It's very easy to use, but most of the drawing must be paid, and functions ctrl + z and ctrl + y not always work.
Thank you for your positive feedback Marco, I have spoken to our tech team and they are ware of an intermittent issue which they are already working towards fixing. Really appreciate your feedback.
I like it but...
there are not enough option of colors.
Thank you for your review Randy. For those not yet familiar with VideoScribe we currently provide 100 canvas colours, with 9 texture options for each and 2 vignette options for each of those - that is 1,800 options in total. Of the c.3,000 SVG images we have on offer there is a fairly even mix of colour and black and white options available.
Quick scribing
(1) There should be tutorials on drawing and uploading one's own graphics in a simple and quick way. I still do not know the simplest and easiest way to draw something and have it easy to download to VideoScribe in 2-3 steps.
(2) There should be a way to draw direct into the whiteboard.
(3) There should be a way to take 3-5 svgs and save and capture them into one picture so that such can be pasted elsewhere rather than having to paste the same 3-5 images that are recurring.
(4) Number of svg pictures available - way too low.
Videoscribe has been making it extremely easy in creating something so wonderful.

It's too bad it only works properly in a computer with spec above average. Especially when the frames used are beyond 30, it usually lags and the rendering process didn't present what we have already made in the first place.

But overall, it's good. Please making it a bit lighter to use in the next time.

Cheers,
A
Thanks for the review Aswin, we'll take your comments on board
Once you get over the learning curve, it's a pretty good system to use. I do wish though that I could bring in video. I didn't want to use After Effects and thought Sparkol would do both.
Thanks for the review Gisele. You can post your ideas and suggestions here at: http://help.videoscribe.co/support/discussions/forums/1000142586. Thanks
Dear VideoScribe-Team,

Thanks for this great program. I have created quite a few videos already and got used to the functions that you offer. Although I am always quite satisfied with the final videos, there are still some problems that occur when producing them:

1. When you record a voice more than 2 or 3 times, the whole program crashes
2. There is no delete button in the time line, I always have to click on the item
3. There is no export option for .mp4
4. When I make a series of videos, it would be helpful to make folders. At the moment the start page with all of the videos is quite unclear
5. If I copy and paste too many items from one video to the other, the program tends to crash as well
6. Many times, after exporting the videos, some items are missing in the exported video, which were in the timeline of the .scribe file. I have to double check each video to see if they were exported correctly.

Thank you anyways for this program. I hope this feedback can help you in developing an even better product for your customer!

Best Regards
O.J.
Hi Jana, thanks for taking the time to review us. I've passed on your comments to the rest of the team! If you have any more suggestions you can post them here at: http://help.videoscribe.co/support/discussions/forums/1000142586. Thanks again
After visiting your website I received an amount of mails phishing addresses. That's bad.
And at last I did not buy VideoScribe because I had to pay by Paypal; this company has not turned back 40 € I submitted to them some years ago for a product I never received. Since then I don't do any business with them.
Hi Gerhard, thanks for getting in touch. Have you spoken to our support team? They will be more than happy to sort this out for you. You can raise a ticket with them here: http://help.sparkol.com/support/tickets/new
i HAVE EXPERIENCED SOME ISSUES WITH THE AUDIOS, BECAUSE THE SOFTWARE DOESN´T HAVE THE ABILITY TO PUT MORE THAN ONE SOUND TRACK.
Thanks for taking the time to review us Carlos. This is something which has already been bought up on our VideoScribe ideas and suggestion page: http://help.videoscribe.co/support/discussions/topics/1000042367. If you would like this feature on VideoScribe please make sure you like this post. The posts with the most likes will get considered as a feature on VideoScribe. Thanks
VideoScribe is rated 4.29 based on 599 reviews