VideoScribe Reviews

of reviewers recommend VideoScribe
Email, Live Chat, Telephone
Read VideoScribe  Reviews

hello@sparkol.com

Tell us how VideoScribe made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
VideoScribe  5 star review on 16th December 2016
VideoScribe  5 star review on 13th October 2016
Nathan Lindorf
VideoScribe  5 star review on 12th October 2016
More Photos & Videos
big disappointment of an app, also the white board content trend has expired a long time ago so I won't bother finding something better
Sorry that you are disappointed with VideoScribe, I'll get the support team in contact with you to find out what you are struggling with. I'm sure they can give you some advice on how to get the best out of the product.
We're also a lot more than Whiteboard animation, you can create a range of styles with VideoScribe, I would recommend that you take a look at the inbuilt templates which show off a range of things that you can achieve.
Hard to work sends you in circles and could not get a free trial because every time I clicked on it it would send me to the same page. would not recommend it to hard to work
Sorry that you are having problems. I'll log a ticket with our support ticket for you with our technical team and they will be in touch to see what we can do to help you get started.
Good app but poor customer-services and culture - not customer-oriented. Misleading information regarding pro images. No word that you cannot edit them as you can do the free ones. Basically, I was told that there were only two people who experienced the same issue and therefore they are not going to fix it! No refunds either.
I'm glad that you like the application and I'm also sorry that we could not provide the outcome you desired when you contacted us.

As I explained the premium images in VideoScribe are not owned by us, they are sold by private illustrators who retain the IP to their work. I had to balance the decision to be fair to our customers on both sides.

I know that you had hoped to export and alter these images but it does not state anywhere that you can do this. The images you have purchased are available for you to use in the way they were shown at the checkout so we do not feel this is misleading.
Forcing customers to opt out by asking individuals to cancel new subscriptions is what one would expect from a fly by night organization. If you believe in your product, give your customers the choice of renewal.

Let the buyer beware.
This product is great. However, the company takes advantage of their subscription scheme. They are not willing to refund clients despite having a clear indication of their last login date. The customer service team was not open to suggestions of how to make their service better.
Hi Andre, glad you thought the product was great & thanks for your suggestion, it has been taken on board and I'll make sure it gets shared and considered.
Sorry that we couldn't satisfy your request on this occasion, we make the subscription nature of the agreement very clear and have been sending you monthly invoices. We're not hiding what we do and the payments are in your control as you can cancel future payments at any time in just a few clicks.
what's the use of using it if you cant share your work
You can share you're work, here's a link the tutorial that shows you how - https://help.videoscribe.co/support/solutions/articles/11000036128
I'll log a ticket with a support team so we can make sure everything is working for you.
There are much better animation video programs out there. It is so much easier to use a storyboard template rather than the VideoScribe method of putting everything on one disorganized block. If you use it you will find that sometimes it zooms to something you don't want to and is difficult to go back to normal settings. This is not an intuitive program at all
You can move the canvas every time you add something new to your project and there is limitless fresh space available in all directions. You can set things up as a traditional storyboard if you like but the canvas is designed to allow you to be as creative as you like with your layout. You may find this blog post useful as it walks you through the options in detail (https://blog.videoscribe.co/how-to-choose-the-right-video-layout-for-you).
Regarding zoom, if it goes somewhere you don't expect just stop the playback and you'll be taken to that point of your project and you can reset the camera for that element in a couple of clicks.
We have lots of useful tutorials available on https://help.videoscribe.co/ and our support team would be happy to walk you through anything you need help with.
+20 hours to create a share link for a 5-minute video!!!

My clients are waiting!!! I still have to render 12 more videos and at this rate it is impossible.

This platform offers many great things but at the same time, it is painfully unreliable. Too many bugs and glitches.

If you create a video with custom audio lets call it: "audio 1", then you save the video with the name: "video 1" and you create a copy of that project under a different name "video 2" with "audio 2", once you render, video 2 will be rendered with "audio 1". Can you imagine waiting 12 hours for a video to render locally or +20 hours with your servers to have the wrong audio???

Please fix these problems. I understand you guys may need to focus on bigger issues but your customers should always come first, it is the base of every business, as of today, I am paying for a service that does not deliver.
Apologies for the delay, we had an issue with the Sho.co service overnight, our engineers are working on the issue as a priority and normal service should be resumed shortly.
We are always working on improving the software and I will link this review to the bug you describe as the number of times it's reported to us will affect how quickly it is worked on.
Disappointed. I had to download the program twice for it to be on my computer. In addition, I could sign up on the website and log in, but on the program located on the computer, my email address didn't exist. The only support they had available was a robot.
Sorry you had some issues, I can see you asked the bot to raise a support ticket for you, one of the team will be in contact shortly.
Avoid this poor software. Interface of the software is poor. No support from the team. I found it hard to use and gave up asked for a refused hours after using it. Now they refused I am charged for something I don't use and do not intend to use. Customer service poor as well.
Hey Roger, We have a 7 day free trial so all customers can try before you buy. We're more than happy to help you get the most out of the product, I'll pick up the support ticket now and get in contact.
Be careful with their pricing and plans. I was misled by their forums about yearly vs. a monthly plan. I am being forced into keeping the yearly plan. I paid about $190 for a yearly plan and asked to convert the plan to monthly with a prorated refund (not full refund) and still their support people kept fighting for their "payment terms". I am now stuck with their product for the whole year but I am not going to use it.
The forum post you refer to is 4 years old and a conversation with a customer about their specific account situation. As we outlined there are clear differences in the circumstances of your request and the customer on that forum.
We do not believe it is reasonable to expect an old conversation, with key differences, to override the clear and concise terms and conditions you agreed to when making a payment.
This software is clunky and not at all intuitive. It is exeptionally difficult to sync with any spoken text. the 1000's of images you can use turn out to a few images in different colours, if you think by paying for this product you get access to the PRO library, you do but everything cost extra. If you think you are covered by the Consumer Credit Act, you might not be, this company rolls out that once you have paid no refund even though the program is almost unfit for purpose.
Poco tiempo gratis
Our free-trial lasts for 7 days but if you have a busy week and don't get to spend much time with it we can always offer an extension. I'll get our support team in contact to arrange that.
The free trial was pretty limited
Hello Hernan, sorry you felt that way. I'll get our support team in contact with you to find out what you found limiting and see if there is anything we can do to help with that.
Not as aspected and I don't liked the watermarks on my video
That's why I stopped using it.
Hello D Raj,
The watermark is only there during the free-trial, if you purchase a subscription you can re-publish all of the work you have already done without it.
Would be really interested in how VideoScribe differs from what you expected in other ways so I will raise a support ticket for you and get in contact.
Tutorials not uploading, get a black box, review box covering screen when trying to read the information.
Hello Shamim, I've just checked the tutorials on the help site and they are all playing fine for me. I'll log a support ticket so we can get to the bottom of this issue for you.
Had fun 1st day making trial video, but the service sucks. Wasn't able to upload later. Paid for service figuring something would change. Still just get the main sales page and offer for free trial. Have clicked on everything. No way to access ANYTHING, but the tutorial videos, which my screen does not look like. VERY frustrated!
Hello Nicholas, sorry you are having a frustrating experience. I will log a support ticket for you and get one of the team in contact to help you get up and running.
A trial version which the background cannot be changed and the "free version" appears everywhere. Good luck
Hello Jose,
Videos will carry a watermark during the 7-day free trial. I've put an example of the watermark on a help forum in case anyone reading this wants to take a closer look (http://help.videoscribe.co/support/discussions/topics/11000021600).
Any projects you produce during the trial can be re-published without the watermark if you decide to purchase a subscription.
Regards
VideoScribe
BUYER BEWARE. They get you onto an a subscription plan and charge your card without you knowing with an increase in price. (READ THE FINE PRINT). Will need recommend or buy from them again. Upon speaking to the rep.....was told that no exceptions made unless someone was dead in the family. What creeps! Spread the news....how companies do business is as important as what they do.....#banSparkol.
Hello Leo,
Yes, we do sell our products on a subscription basis. We don't hide that and we always send yearly subscribers reminder emails in the month leading up to the payment. You have received these emails and it is unfortunate if they have been missed or lost in your inbox.
Our communications show that you signed up through a '25% off your first year' sale. The checkout page that you used to sign up shows you what you will pay now and in the next years at full price, so that it is clear what subscription plan you are starting. This is why you were charged a higher subscription payment in year 2.
Your reference to 'someone dead in the family' seems to be a misinterpretation of our refunds policy which offers some exceptions to help those in extreme circumstances. When you called us you were over a month into the next year of your subscription and that is substantially past the point where we can cancel the contract and refund your payment. You asked for an exception and we explained that there were no exceptional circumstances in your reasons for not cancelling the subscription.
Kind Regards
VideoScribe
Interface is really laggy and I frequently get the "Not Responding" message. It is severely annoying and not that great of a tool. Best part about it is its price.
We're sorry that you have had such a bad experience. We'll log a support ticket for the email address that you used to write this review and see if there is anything we can do to help improve things.
VideoScribe is rated 4.20 based on 482 reviews