UK Segboards Reviews

78% of reviewers recommend UK Segboards

About UK Segboards: We are the UK's leading Segway / Hoverboard store. All our boards are UK and European safety certified, they're powered by Samsung batteries and come with UK and European safety certified chargers. Offering you free next day delivery you can choose from the classic, power or the ultra bluetooth ranges and start having fun now.

hi@uksegboards.co.uk

Hawthorn House
Halfords Lane

How would you rate UK Segboards?

Verified Buyer

We purchased a 6.5" Bluetooth red Segway on the 02/02/17 and it arrived next day as promised despite seeing some reviews of delayed service, to our surprise there wasn't a problem with the delivery.
We checked the board upon delivery to make sure the board worked and never had any damage.. which meant I had to get on it myself with a little help, yet everything checked out fine.
Our daughter has been using the Segway to get to-and-from school every day, the battery life is superb for a little board as we've only had to charge it every 2 days and the Bluetooth speakers are fine and don't sound low quality.. which we was expecting at first, it's just about loud enough not to wake the neighbours up. :)
The only thing to note is after a week of heavy use there was some cosmetic wear which didn't look pretty.. we went back and purchased a silicone cover which done the job nicely.

Overall I honestly couldn't fault the UK Segboards team, they've helped us choose a board, understand how to use it and most importantly get it to us on time! Well done from me! A++++
Thanks for your honest review we're so glad you and your daughter are happy with the segway and the overall experience with us, If you need to contact us regarding your segway or anything else in the near future don't hesitate to contact us!
Kind Regards,
UKSegboards Team
Olabode Abikoye
Olabode Abikoye
Verified Buyer

It's amazing I don't use my legs anymore the quality of the board is amazing and very use full
I ant use it to take me across the house thank veery good quality
Sharon Fairfield
Sharon Fairfield
Verified Buyer

Delivery was very quick,two days at most.intrustions abit hard to understand but basically charge up when red light shows on paddle.when you charge ,the charger will have red light as well this will turn green when complete 1-3 hours.thought i,d made the biggest mistake of my life as it was a present for my ten year old but little practise goes on it now he's zooming around everywhere.best thing I have ever bought him.thank you .you have made his birthday the best.
This is fantastic Sharon! We're so pleased you and your son enjoy the Segboard! Don't forget we currently have a competition for anyone who wishes to send a Video Response, with £100s worth of prizes!
Anna Heinrich
Unverified Reviewer

I am so disappointed with my experience with this company. My daughter's board was faulty so i returned it but it has taken 2 months and goodness knows how many contact attempts to get a refund and now i am stuck with the kart (they say it's been too long😲). sounds like they're good if all goes to their plan but otherwise abysmal!!
Chris Nolan
Unverified Reviewer

I ordered a black hoverboard on friday, arrived on Monday and DPD txt me the time of arrival. My son loved his birthday gift. no issues at all...
Sarah K
Unverified Reviewer

Ordered a Segway for my son, good company to deal with. Order late on a thursday and they delivered on friday. Good communication and DPD kept me up to date with delivery. Information on the website was clear and concise and my son loves it. Good to know I have a 12 month warranty and a UK number to call. Would definitely recommend.
Victoria
Verified Reviewer

Avoid this company. Nightmare from start. Ruined my son's birthday completely.
Ordered 10 days before his birthday on a next day delivery, they took money easy enough. Ordered segboard and cart.
Lunchtime of my son's birthday it arrived. Well only the board. Back on the phone to them complaining two days later the cart arrived. Couldn't use it as the segboard stopped working after the first day, and couldn't charge it as charger kept tripping out.
We have to chase them constantly. Its 3 weeks now and still my son hasn't played on it as still not recieved it back.
Complete joke
Danielle Walker
Unverified Reviewer

You sent me a Segway that didn't Evan turn on didn't charge it didn't Evan have a Samsung battery in it as stated on the add I wouldn't advise anyone to buy from here as had to pay out another 50 pound for a new battery not good at all
Emma Gorman
Unverified Reviewer

Thanks UK Segboards, you've made my little boy smile, excellent value for money, and most importantly the only UK company I came across that has genuine UK tested segways when doing my research.

10/10 - Will recommend and buy Again ; )

Verified Reviewer

Was making a scathing noise as soon as we got it out of the box. Have sent it back and heard nothing from them.
Kevin Bateman
Verified Reviewer

AVIOD THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS.!!!
Ordered son's birthday present on the promise of next day delivery..Never turned up.
Emailed them to chase it up to be told that they'd had a problem with the courier and would receive it by the Monday..Never turned up.!!!
Emailed again only to be told out of stock and they could send a different colour.
Asked for refund which could take up to 14 days.
They don't answer the phone and take forever to email back.
Appalling service.. Avoid this rogue company.!!!
Verified Reviewer

I am absolutely disgusted with this company! They have taken my money and not sent my goods. My daughters birthday has been ruined as her present has not arrived as promised. I wish I had read these reviews first ! DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!!!!!!!!!
Verified Reviewer

Should have had delivery Wednesday cannot get any response via live chat as never on line or Facebook or phone as automated or email last night finally had e mail saying delivery today now dpd have said they not received it so yet again disappointed daughter and unable to speak to any one so five stars for letting people down let's hope when delivered I can change this review
Laura Wightman
Verified Buyer

After a rocky​ start with the first board having a big crack in the plastic (looked like this happened in transit) everything worked out with a new board being sent out. The only improvement i can suggest is more contact with the customer as that lacked a little. Overall pretty good.
Debbie
Verified Reviewer

Ordered a board for my daughters christmas, board lasted a whole 30 seconds then went crazy. The lights kept flashing, one red light stayed on and it wouldn't respond to anythin even the reset. Contacted them and had to pay for it to be collected. After emailing almost daily about it, middle of Feb they said the board was on its way back. Sat in for 2 days waiting, then to be told (after me asking where it was!) that the board hadn't even been sent they were waiting on parts for it!! It is now March, was told a week ago i would get a refund. Have been trying to contact them to see when and still not heard back. I'm absolutely disgusted at the way this has been handled, can't even get through on the phone! Imagine having to tell your daughter almost daily that its being sorted and after all this time still having no CHRISTMAS PRESENT!!! Been holding off on this review but today my last nerve snapped after more numerous unanswered emails.
Dear Debbie, Thank you for your detailed review regarding the experience you had with UK Segboards. We are the largest Segway retailer in the UK and unfortunately on a rare occasion these issue can occur but we always do our best to resolve this issue in a professional manor.
We're working through our emails and responding accordingly, we will resolve your issue asap so please hold right and if you would like to speak to us sooner or have any further queries you are welcome to contact us on 03333 445538, email us on hi@uksegboards.co.uk or use the livechat service on our site.
Regards,
Customer Services Team
Marie Swaby
Verified Reviewer

Great help UK Segboards were, the Carbon Black Bluetooth Segway is perfect, fast delivery and I have a happy child.

Great service and the team were very helpful.

Kind Regards,
UKSegboards Team
Stephen Donoghue
Verified Reviewer

Appalling customer service.. the two hoverkarts arrived promptly and looked fine however after 10 minutes of use the front wheel fell off after twisting. The quality and service from this company is a joke. I have e mailed god knows how many times and been promised a replacement part. After 6 weeks nothing. Please stay well away from this company. I'm in the process of proceeding with a small claims court to get my money back. Get in touch with me to stop this. Thank you.
Caroline Simpson North Wales
Verified Reviewer

This company gets 5 stars for letting children down when there Christmas present is faulty and they fail to fix the problem not once not twice but even now the problem hasn't been resolved. Promise after promise we get that the matter is to be 'escalated' and management are to return my call but to no avail. Escalated is a word they like to often use but have no sense of the meaning of the word.
Never have I ever let down my daughter after listening to there customer services with there false lies.
I originally ordered a white segboard from this company in November 2017.
24 hours after this they emailed to say due to a glitch in there system they were actually out of them but did have red and black boards. As I had already paid I asked if they were prepared to let me have a red one and a free pink skin. To this they agreed and the board was delivered 48 hours later.
On receipt I opened the main outer parcel to see it showed its main box and there was a red board enclosed. Separately there was the pink skin as promised. I then as we parents do put the present away out of the kids sight.
On Christmas eve I got the box out and thought it to be a good idea to charge the board ready for the big day before wrapping it. To my horror the board was black but there was nothing I could do. We wrapped it up and on Christmas day she was over the moon to of received a segboard which she didn't think she would get.
The biggest disappointment came when we went out side so she could have her first go on it. Bethany has ridden these before and was so upset when the board started shaking. When she stepped off it continued to travel narrowly missing my parked car and smashing into a kerb. The board sustained damage i.e. Scratches and a piece of its casing was broken off.
At our first opportunity we started the process of complaint and to arrange the board to be sent back at my cost for £12.50 with there courier.
After they had received it they had it for I think 5 days and sent the board back. On receipt my daughter was so excited but this was short lived when we discovered the board was not fixed and its symptoms were probably worse than it was before I sent it back.
We are now at the end of January and my complaint I am told has been 'escalated'
this is a word that they like to use but in reality have to meaning of the word.
10 days ago before now there customer service were so apologetic and requested I sent them a video of the board and its current problems. To this we did and they arranged collection.
I then at this point asked for a new board but was told the board would be re cased in white which I said ok to, I just wanted the board to be working and to make my daughter happy.
Guess What ??? Today my board was delivered back... Yes its still its broken state, with its scratches and broken plastic on its case and still doesn't work........ Friday 10th Febuary and my daughter still hasn't got her present...
To say I am disgusted would be an understatement, at this point now I think I should receive a full refund and be reimbursed for my £12.50 courier charges.

Becky Tyson

Order #79983
Order - Monster Hoverkart

Thanks guys, the GoHoverkart Monster is AMAZING !!!

We brought the GoMonster hoverkart, myself, husband and child have so much fun on it.

It was delivered the next day, great quality kart than the cheaper one we brought from another company that was poorly manufactured.

This kart has suspension and springs making it more comfortable and easier to use and steer and we would put it together in 5 minutes, so easy to assemble.

Special thanks to Remay for recommending this, it was a good choice.

Great company and service.

Becky Tyson
Mellissa Lewis
Verified Buyer

UK Segboards have been extremely very helpful throughout my purchase for my boys Birthday Present.

As like some parents, I had left it right to the last minute finding a reputable company that retails a UK Tested Segway, as I was very hesitant due to the general nature of the exposure of the product and rogue companies that are online.

These guys know what they are talking about, very professional, friendly, and have their boards UK Safe tested with a trusted independent UK Test centre, as my research concluded a very few companies could reassure me this, so it was best to be safe, and I most certainly would recommend anyone to speak to UK Segboards, for guidance and if your unsure what product to purchase.

I got in contact with UK Segboards on the 26th Jan at 1.50pm, needed the segway to be delivered the next day, which they did and arrived the next day (Saturday) at 9.30am, which gave me time to wrap up, and give it to my boy late morning, what a saviour UK Segboards were !

The gentleman on the customer services team was fantastic and kept me updated with my order, and ensured it was disaptched the same day and to be delivered on Saturday.

I have a happy boy that loves his present, the product is of fantastic quality.

I surely will be recommending this company to friends and family.

Thanks again Segboard Team

Service - 10/10
Quality - 10/10
Delivery- 10/10
Price - 10/10
David Robson
Verified Reviewer

Think the measure of any retail company is how they react to a customers need when things go wrong. In the case of UK Segboards in my experience this is where things go dramatically WRONG!!! You will see on this site lots of 5 star reviews as I did prior to my experience and I would say as long as you get a working board you will be just fine. Please read my review however as a warning in case anything is wrong with your board…

Like a lot of people buying these Items I did quite a bit of research before purchasing a board… Issues with batteries and faults on these boards have been well documented so when I came across their (UK Segboards) website I must admit I was impressed with how they came across. I even had an online chat to discuss my requirements and all went great!

I ended up going for a package (A hoverboard and Cart.) With the lead for the carts being 28-35 days and the Item being a Christmas present for my son I decided early was best and ordered the Item in October (Like our Christmas shopping done before we see December if possible.)

The hoverboard arrived next day which was great! The cart was slightly delayed arriving at the end of their estimation (mid November) but all was there in good time and we could look forward to my son opening the two presents on Christmas day… Upon arrival of the items we had opened the boxes to check everything was in order but didn’t turn the board on until 2 days before Christmas – to check for charge on the board. Switched the board on - BOY WAS THE BLUETOOTH MESSAGE LOUD! But thought great we’ve had it a couple of months and the battery has held a charge. At this point I fully charged the board to make sure my son could have full use of the item on Christmas day – so we thought…

Christmas morning and my son opened his presents – he was delighted with them… After breakfast we thought we’d have a little practice in the kitchen to get confident on the board… This is where it all started to go wrong… As my son tried the get on the board the board was very twitchy. I should point out that my son had been on friends boards once or twice so had a little bit of basic knowledge on how they work… At first I thought maybe he was maybe putting his feet on wrong then however the board started to move quite violently on its own… I switched the board off and looked at the instructions downloaded from the UK Segboards website… I thought maybe the issue was a calibration one so I followed instructions printed and everything seemed to work as per the instructions say so – lights flashed as they said they would etc… My son tried again, I had my phone ready in case it drove off on its own again – and it DID!!!

Should point out that if you don’t own one of these boards they’re a pretty heavy piece of kit so when they drive off violently like this board did then you just hope nobody gets injured – thankfully nobody was near it, a door frame got clattered by the board and the casing of the board got scratched during this second attempt… Worst of all my Son couldn’t now play with his main Christmas present which was such a shame…

Started to attempt to get in touch with UK Segboards on December 28th… With the Christmas period obviously you’d expect a delay, I sent a copy of the video via email and Twitter to see if they could help… The first few communications were really slow in getting a response as I said acceptable during the Christmas period. First Response from them outlined two methods to attempt to re-calibrate the board. Neither unfortunately worked.

After waiting another 2 days for a response I was told to return the board to them – this was to be at my own cost as I’d had the board over 14 days, should point out that at this point the companies stance on this is correct in consumer law… However as I purchased a package the second part of which didn’t arrive until 28 days after the board arrived, therefore I’d never have been in a position to return the board free of charge – shame UK Segboards never took this into account…
Anyway another 2 days were taken whilst I emailed them asking if they could recommend a courier – their response was ‘we can sell you a return pack for £12’ which I duly purchased on 6th January (Well over a week to get to this point.) I then had to get through to arrange the collection, again numerous emails & tweets were sent and the board was collected on 12th January – ANOTHER WEEK!!! I waited a week or so then I managed to get through on the phone and I was informed my board was being repaired and would be returned back to me on the 24th January and would be with me by the 25th. I was also told I’d receive a call or email confirming dispatch… Tuesday arrived – NO CALL OR EMAIL!!!! I called again on Wednesday and I was told that they’d look into it and call me back – RECEIVED NO CALL!!!! Tried 7 or 8 times to get through on Thursday, tried emailing, tweeting anything I could think of… At around 4pm on THURSDAY I received an email saying that there’d been a delay receiving parts and that I could now expect my board to be dispatched on the 31st January!!!! You can Imagine by this time I’m feeling a tad annoyed to say the Least… Managed to speak to somebody on Friday (After emailing them on Friday I actually missed a call from them – 1st time they’d tried to call me I must add) who I have to say was very Apologetic of the situation and he ensured me that he would personally ensure my sons board would be sent out on Tuesday the 31st January. We’re now at 5 WEEKS past Christmas remember folks… At this stage the customer services representative did offer to send me a skin for the board if he could get approval from his manager, a gesture I thought for all the inconvenience I’d suffered thus far…

The 31st January duly arrived, received a standard text – so much for the personal touch. The board arrived on the Wednesday (1st February) – sadly no board skin arrived, hardly surprising after all the other false promises I’d received from the company. Upon opening the board initially seemed only to be working on one side – thought here we go again. A quick calibration and a more positive push with my sons toes after this seemed to get it started though..

I also built the Cart last night, very fiddly to do thanks to some interesting bolt locations and the straps that come with it seem to have the same ends on so they won’t attach the cart to the board. Think I’ll source alternatives locally which will be a bit more secure (other carts I’ve seen on the market supply straps with clips on rather than Velcro.)

One last point, If UK Segboards reply to this review and try to say this is a one off… It’s not! when trying to resolve the situation I came across other buyers via twitter who’d had the same experience, had quite a good chat with one in particular. Also when collecting my board the courier said their company had collected a lot of these boards today!!!

As I said at the start, get a working board and you’ll most probably be fine – personally I wish I’d had nothing to do with them!!!!

If the reviews.co.uk website would allow for zero stars I'd have used that button - worst part is I felt I was lied to on numerous occasions.

Photo's attached Show the extent of fun my son had with his main Christmas presents between 25th December and 1st February folks..

Be aware also of the companies other guises www.lovehoverboards.co.uk and www.gohoverkart.co.uk are part of the 'National Deals Ltd' trading names...
Dear David,

Thank you for your detailed review regarding the experience you had with UK Segboards. We are the largest Hoverboard retailer in the UK and unfortunately on a rare occasion these issue can occur. We believe your issue has been resolved and you now have had a fully working board delivered to you. If you do have any further queries you are welcome to contact us on 03333 445538, email us on hi@uksegboards.co.uk or use the livechat service on our site.

Regards
Customer Services Team
Tracey K
Verified Reviewer

My son was over the moon with his board, the delivery and service from the team was brilliant. Thank you for such a positive purchase.
Hi Tracey,

Thank you so much for the positive review we're happy that your purchase went smoothly, if you ever need us please don't hesitate to contact us in the future!

Many thanks!