Total Merchandise Reviews

96% of reviewers recommend Total Merchandise

info@totalmerchandise.co.uk

Suite 1, The Centre, The Crescent, Colchester Business Park

Jackie
"We ordered some branded promotional mugs for our wedding fairs and they are lovely. Quick service and the mugs are high quality. There were a couple of breakages on delivery and we have been refunded for the damaged goods."
Lindsay
"Prompt responses, easy to deal with, quick turn around and great product, thank you, particularly to Jade."
"I love the bags and thank you for great service!"
"Leah was rubbish to work with. She constantly made mistakes because she didn't proof read which slowed down the process. Not all items arrived on time as a consequence. She also didn't seem to read my emails properly. Having said that she was always polite and apologetic. It was just frustrating on my end. When the items did arrive not all the quantities were exact. For example a box of pencils that should have been 250 were actually 247. If this continues the small margins add up! I also think all your hidden charges are shocking!! You should just be upfront about the cost as that would save everyone time. I had to change my order twice to get it into my budget which was beyond frustrating, especially with Leah as she didn't seem to take note of everything. I think when one submits an order of thousands of pounds one expects an impeccable service and this was far from it!"
"I wanted to order express items but the member of staff I talked to on the phone apparently hadn't heard of them. Replies to my e-mail queries appeared to be standard replies and didn't answer specific questions I had. It would also be helpful for replies to e-mails to include the sent email/e-mail chain to enable both parties to more easily follow the conversation. After specifically asking about payment in respect to the tight deadline, a few hours later I was told that I only had 30mins to get payment sorted else my order would not go through in time. Poor customer service I'm afraid."
Dear Wendy,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We’re sorry you’ve received anything less than our normal five-star service. We’ve messaged you directly to discuss the issues raised. We take customers’ feedback seriously and strive to constantly improve.

Kind regards,
Total Merchandise
"At present I have only received half of our order as half were rejected at point of delivery by my director as they were soaking wet. I am still waiting for confirmation of when the outstanding amount of the order will be delivered."
Thanks for your review Jayne, though naturally, we are saddened to hear of your woes. We understand though that the order was delivered wet because of the fault of the courier, and through no fault of our suppliers or ourselves, though of course we are fully sympathetic, regardless. We have also notified you this morning, by email, that the 2nd part of your delivery is expected today. We will be investigating what happened with the courier, but we thank you for bringing this to our attention, as we otherwise wouldn't have known.
"This was the first order I placed with your Company and I was not that impressed to be honest. You took a long time to proof the order and delivery was late, only just in time for the event. I had to chase the delivery several times which your printers sent to the wrong address."
"Was not delivered on time, poor quality."
Hello Sir, We are really sorry to hear that the goods were not delivered on time and you are not happy with the quality.
I have looked into this for you with our Sales Team and can see that we sent you an art proof to approve on the 13th which was changed and then not approved by you until the 18th, this will delay the order in the print queue I am afraid and I believe you were notified of this. Regarding the quality of the goods, could you please let me know what the issue is so that I can look into it as this is one of our best selling lines. Many thanks, The TM Management Team.
"Prices were good but I found the staff very unhelpful. They were slow to respond and didn't provide all requested information, so I ended up having to rush decisions and didn't have any opportunity to tweak the design. As a result the text on our pens is much smaller than ideal. I will try elsewhere next time, looking for good customer service as a priority."
"Sales order process took over a week. Passed from one account manager to another and requirements getting mixed up. No willingness to secure new business or flexibility in ordering. Lack of comms. I had to continuously chase for updates."
"Although for an order last year everything was great, this year the confirmation process took too long. One of the main issues was that I kept receiving proofs with logos from other events and not my event."
"I was dissapointed with the color on the product I saw online compared to the one I received. I understand that they might differ a bit but not entirely. I ordered red and received orange. On top of this, Total Merchandise informed me that the orange color was in fact a light red. This is probably the worst part of it, because it was not even close to being red and for a company not being able to admit an error is truly worrying - we all make mistakes. So, for some constructive feedback, I would make sure that the document with the product sent to the customer actually contains the same color as the one that will be sent. Perhaps also to make customers more aware of the differences that can occur."
"We ordered badges for a conference. When they arrived the printing on them was so small we ended up throwing them out (our organisation's name was not readable). While technically your staff member did her job and helped with the artwork, if she had just said we might want to consider a bigger size badge we would have spent more money and actually been able to use them. It is hard to judge size via internet files. Very, very disappointed."
"Initially I had the feeling I was in best hands. But there were so many people to relate with on thesame order, / many emails regarding invoices etc. Consequently, details were lost in trails and had to be repeated over and over again. Surprised that not much effort/ initiative went into helping to get a very descent artwork. I praise you for neat printing & sending order on time !"
"The process took far too long. I lost count of the amount of emails I had to send about artwork. Also the phone holders were poor quality and would not stand up when I put my phone on it"
"We were dealing with a sales assistant called Laura, everything was fine all the way until the quote process, where our Marketing Assistant picked up on the communication in order to complete the order. Laura's communication has been very poor, as every e-mail that was sent by our Marketing Assistant Laura did not reply to, instead Laura replied to our Marketing Coordinator, as she was cc'd in, Laura had to purposely choose to reply to someone else and not the person who was e-mailing her. Laura was advised she is to communicate with our Marketing Assistant, because she is the one dealing with this order and our Marketing Coordinator is going to be on holiday on Thursday and Friday yet she has sent 3 e-mails to our Marketing Coordinator on both of those days. When our Marketing Assistant e-mailed her asking for proofs so she can approve them before the weekend, as our directors were chasing for this, she got very short and uncourteous replies. Laura quoted us a £35 set up charge for printing on the other side of the fidget spinner on top of what was already paid by our accounts department, yet the invoices we have received were wrong. First we received invoices, for a new total amount following that the adjusted invoice was for a completely different amount than what was quoted. When we called to discuss this with the account department, Thomas was very rude and unhelpful, he spoke to our team in a very patronising manner, insisting it was Laura's mistake. He mislead us to believe this was the case, before saying there is a credit note attached for an amount of £7, we feel like this could have easily been sorted within the first 2 minutes of the call. On the upside, the product received is of great quality. It is a shame the customer service of your representatives lets your company down."
Hi, Many thanks for taking the time to write this review, we appreciate all feedback and thank you for bringing these issues to our attention.
As one of the owners here, i am always concerned when customers have a bad experience, as our customer service is normally second to none.
I am personally looking into this particular order and speaking to the staff involved to ensure this does not happen again.
Many thanks, David.
"We ordered merchandise with a specific delivery date (timescales were very tight) and it did not arrive and were told late that afternoon that they couldn't find the address. After personally going to the address the following day to wait for the delivery, we discovered it had been in the warehouse the whole time and never left."
Hi, We are very sorry to hear you had an issue with this order.
We have looked into it and it seems between our supplier and the courier there was indeed a communications error which was wrongly passed onto us.
We have spoken to both parties involved and this should now be rectified going forward.
Many thanks for bringing this to our attention, Regards, The Total Merchandise management team.
"The quality of the two products we ordered was very good, and so was the price. The service was very poor though. They had to keep resending their order confirmations and proofs through as they didn't seem to be actually reading our requirement (we didn't change anything on our order the whole time, they just didn't seem to take on board what we had typed into their own form). We had to keep chasing by phone and email, throughout the whole process, to get the order actually sorted out, and not once did they take the initiative to communicate with us first - always us having to chase and prompt them. When the order became urgent, they forgot to place it for 3 whole days until we phoned and emailed to remind them. Luckily we got the products just in time, on the day of our event. Unnecessary stress, wouldn't see the point in dealing with them again."
"I put in an order with you and said the delivery address and it ended up in the wrong address. I then ordered from you again, and this time I stressed about the delivery address and where exactly it needs to go, but for the second time they went to the wrong address."
"I though the customer service was quite poor. I was extremely detailed in all my emails asking for specific items and customisation, even attaching photos of what I would like everything to look like. I would then get an email back saying yes, but the proofs I would subsequently be sent were completely wrong. Nothing like what I asked for. I emailed saying how frustrating it was as I was sent a total of 3 proofs and 2 of them were incorrect. I am buying these products on behalf of a global company and we were interested in buying hundreds of orders if this first batch was successful, but I feel like this process is extremely disorganised. I never even got an apology for the mistakes, just countless, unhelpful back and forth emailing."
"the delivery didn't arrive on the agreed date, therefore we miss the products we ordered for our event."
Hi Paul,
Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
Every Blue Moon our suppliers do ship goods out later than they should of done, this can be due to a number of unforseen reasons, for example the print not quite being dry, which would result in an awful mess if not otherwise dealt with. I have spoken to the supplier in question about your case and asked that in future if this happens again that they quickly notify us so that we in turn can notify you.
We would welcome you back to try us again in the future and if you have any more issues please ask for me directly, Regards, David.
Total Merchandise is rated 4.75 based on 1,196 reviews