Tools-paint.com Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend Tools-paint.com

About Tools-paint.com: The place to buy decorative paint, protective coatings and associated products from leading and niche manufacturers at low prices

sales@tools-paint.com

3 David Road Poyle Industrial EstateColnbrook

Tell us how Tools-paint.com made you happy

"Bought this paint recommendation by a friend never again it wasn’t mixed properly it had different tones coming through never used it in the end not happy at all."
"Received very helpful skilled advice on the phone about choosing the right product for my job. Unfortunately on delivery the tin handle had punctured the can and when I opened the packaging my hands got covered in wet paint and I could not use the tin! Andrew"
Thank you for acknowledging the quality of our technical advice. We cannot guarantee perfect delivery every time because unfortunately our carriers don't take as much care with parcels as we would like. If customers tell us about delivery problems we would at least get an opportunity to put it right.
"item missing 2 email no response so a phone call later they send an item but not the missing item from order. 4 more emails no response"
"The wrong item was sent. Having paid nearly £5 postage and packaging, and needing the item for a particular job, this delayed the start. Toolstation don’t charge for delivery on purchases over £10 and deliver within 24hrs. Unfortunately they didn’t stock the item required. Having said that, once the problem was identified, the company were excellent in sorting it out. It still meant it was nearly a week before I got the tool I needed."
"Took longer than I thought to arrive."
"Order placed was a colour match not the actual range, although there is a disclaimer (my fault read after purchase) it states that some of the range are no longer available, however it advertises it as being the official range. It states they are an authorised distributor will make them on our Dulux tinting machine, using exactly the same paint formula and exactly the same Dulux flat matt paint.... however... there is a small chance that there will be a tiny difference so we do not recommend this if finishing a paint job that was started from a Timeless labeled tin. It is basically a paint match, could've gone to B&Q and got the same quantity for £50 less but like I say my fault just feel a little ripped off that the actual image was the official tin... delivery was quick and they were well packaged though so if overpaying for a colour match service is your thing, crack on..."
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about Tools-paint.com. As you say yourself, we were very clear about potentially having to mix the Dulux Timeless Classics range on our machines (we also show a mixing base tin as well as one with the original label to emphasise this). This is because paint sellers can no longer get all the colours from Dulux and the only stock left is what stores have pre-ordered. Contrary to your belief, you cannot go to B&Q and get this paint mixed by them because they are not able to mix Dulux paint, unlike Tools-paint.com. What they can do is take a sample of a colour and match it using their own brand paint, but that is a different quality to Dulux. Our prices are also higher because we cannot buy in the same bulk as the large chains, and when we do mix paint - as in your case - we have the added expense of the colourants used in the mixing process. I hope this explains the situation a little better.
"I ordered paint from the on-line store and after 5 days of not hearing of any delivery date, I decided to give the company a call....Only to hear that possibly the product was not in stock,which turned out not to be the case. Finally my product arrived after 9 days and having paid £5+ for delivery. Will not use again."
Thank you for taking the trouble to comment on Tools-paint.com, however I wonder if you have us confused with another company? You ordered at 5.23pm on a Thursday and someone with your surname signed for your goods only three working days later, at 5.29pm on the Tuesday.
"Sent another' customers order to me and mine to them."
Sorry David. It was a simple human error mixing up address labels but completely our fault. Once you told us we sent out a replacement the same day.
"Failed to deliver in time (twice!)"
"Very slow deliver and very slow response to a question. It took three e-mails before a reply was eventually received."
Hi Darryl
Thank you for your comments.
I'm sorry we let you down on this occasion. There was a slight delay on dispatching your order because we lost a day to the bank holiday but your goods were still sent within three working days.
I can also understand your frustration at not getting any updates from us. Unfortunately we never received your first two emails, only the final one. I hope that you will give us a second chance to exceed your expectations.
"Delivery too slow. Ordered Weds am, but didn't arrive until Mon."
We are sorry you felt the goods would be with you sooner. The Garden Shades In Purple Pansy are specially tinted and go through our mixing room before dispatch, which can add a day. The goods left us within 48 hours of you placing the order but our carrier Parcelforce does not deliver at the weekends hence why your goods did not arrive until the Monday. We do offer expedited delivery at the weekends with a different carrier but you would need to pay a surcharge for this service.
Kind regards,
Tools-paint.com
"Good price and quick delivery but tins dented"
"Expected quicker delivery and preservative has a short use by date (Oct 2014 and its now June 2014) so cannot store what is left after use."
"Im sorry to have to write this, I don't like writing negative reviews but it's been well over 10 days since we ordered from you and still no paint. We have had to constantly telephone and remind you that we still hadn't received our order. Once dispatched, it has now 'gone missing' from Parcel Force, which we obviously accept is not your fault, but in the scheme of things... I'm still waiting to paint my furniture and am not very happy ;-("
"slow delivery other traders give a far better service also one tin delivered damaged"
We are sorry to hear a tin got damaged in transit and will always provide a replacement if this happens. On the delivery I cannot see this was expedited which is an option we can offer so this is why it took 3 days from the order being placed to the goods being delivered (total time 74 hours placement to sign for receipt)
Tools-paint.com is rated 4.73 based on 624 reviews