Tools-paint.com Reviews

of reviewers recommend Tools-paint.com
Read Tools-paint.com Reviews

About Tools-paint.com:

The place to buy decorative paint, protective coatings and associated products from leading and niche manufacturers at low prices

sales@tools-paint.com

3 David Road Poyle Industrial EstateColnbrook, ,

Excellent company and price. Would use again.
Did exactly as promised
Great prices and speedy delivery
Good price, Good quality product and excellent delivery service
Great deal, speedy delivery. Thank you.
Fabulous service. Got the silver copse colour in Cuprinol fence paint I wanted when couldn't get it anywhere else. Cant fault Tools Paint and would highly recommend them. Ps. Wasnt too keen on doing all the painting though.... Very pleased when it was finished though.
Tools-paint.com 5 star review on 2nd July 2020
The paint was a good price, good quality and delivered quickly. I will have no hesitation in using Toold-paint again.
The wrong colour product was
dispatched months ago. I have emailed them many times and have had only one response saying
they would send a replacement yet still nothing. I have since asked for a
refund but unfortunately I have had no response. I have paid for the goods
in good faith and feel completely let down and out of pocket.
We ordered tins of coloured paint from Tools Paint and the colour they sent arrived wrong. We double checked it with another tin of paint we had, and other items we had painted in the past - they'd mixed it too light.

Trying to contact this company is a nightmare. They didn't respond to numerous emails to their paint / info addresses, nor to the parent company that owns them, trading as Tools Paint. I tried calling them at different times in the day but no response. During these tricky times, I understood there could be delays so was as reasonable and as patient as possible - but a month later and no reply at all, I had to take it up with PayPal to try and get my money back.

Such poor customer service. There is no excuse for complete silence from a company. They had a month and could have simply sent a 'we're looking into it' email, if nothing else. Or perhaps, answered their phone - or returned a missed call.

Regarding other elements of the order experience:
- The packaging wasn't up to much, compared to other companies we'd ordered from in the past. Tins didn't have cardboard eggbox style surrounds, just a handful of polystrene chips. They also weren't vacuum bag sealed - just put in a ParcelForce thin plastic self-adhesive envelope with gaps both sides - so if the paint had leaked, it would have come straight out.
- Delivery was average speed.
- No tracking number was given so we didn't know the day it would arrive - we just got a 'your order has been dispatched email'. I did log in to see if we could get a tracking number online but no luck.
- The price was decent, but the product arrived incorrect.
- The service was very poor, or actually: non-existent.

I wouldn't recommend this company to friends or enemies! It's a shame to leave a poor review like this, but the company had just over a month to reply, and didn't. Only when PayPal got involved did they reply (to PayPal). It's worth noting PayPal extended the waiting time resolution period (before they would get involved) during these trying times from 21 days to 28 days - to give the company the chance to reply at least once - which they never did. The faulty products have been returned to the company, but still no refund yet. You'd think the company might try to save a very poor situation but their view towards this seems to be complete indifference.

If you're buying an off-the-shelf colour, you could hedge your bets with this company. But if you're buying a colour that needs to be mixed - this company is best avoided, unless you want a headache, and the wrong colour - and no reply (or refund). Be ready to have no way to fix things if something goes wrong.

I ended up researching and finding a website called Decorating Centre Online who were friendly, knowledgeful and happy to help. Managed to order the correct paint from them, and received it promptly with no problems and I even rang up to thank them for saving the day (and they answered!). I'd strongly recommend them but and advise to steer clear of Tools-Paint.com for sure.
The goods ordered were delivered on time and the description was perfect...this was the only company which had the goods I required
Really fast delivery of paint that I ordered and packed very well. Kept up to date re delivery. Will definitely use this company again.
Tools-paint.com is rated 4.75 based on 859 reviews