Tools-paint.com Reviews

of reviewers recommend Tools-paint.com
Read Tools-paint.com Reviews

About Tools-paint.com:

The place to buy decorative paint, protective coatings and associated products from leading and niche manufacturers at low prices

sales@tools-paint.com

3 David Road Poyle Industrial EstateColnbrook, ,

Good seller shame about the courier, no delivery notification and no option to book a redelivery - had to collect from depot.
We are really sorry that the service you received failed to meet your expectations. We choose our carriers very carefully and they have performed exceptionally well in current Covid circumstances. I have looked into your order, dispatch and delivery details and it would appear that your contact telephone number "may" have been omitted at the time order and as a result the carrier was unable to contact you at the time of the original delivery attempt. I hope that this goes some way to explaining the short-fall in the service which was provided. Please accept our sincere apologies, I hope that this does not detract from you giving us a further try in the near future. Thank you for your feedback, comments and spirit in which they were received.
I purchased what was meant to be a special edition paint “days at the beach “ which is part of the “travels in colour “ range by Dulux. Having scoured the internet to find it it became obvious that that range was discontinued but I thought that my luck was in when I found it on Tools-paint , so purchased 4 tins of the pearl grey and when they arrived at my house I was disappointed to find out that they had just mixed up paint on their machine and it wasn’t genuine tins labelled with what I was looking for, I’ve not opened them yet to see if it’s the same as the colour I have in my home but disappointed because I could’ve just nipped into my local b&q and purchased the same thing, for me that is false advertising which should not be allowed.
We are an authorised Dulux distributor and this paint is mixed on a Dulux mixing machine using official Dulux bases, colourants and formulae, so customers get exactly the same product as if it had come from the factory. To say it is not a genuine tin is 100% inaccurate, and you cannot get this product from your local B&Q because they don't have Dulux mixing machines. In addition, the advert clearly states this colour will be mixed here (because it has indeed been discontinued as a factory made item).
Delivery was prompt. Tins damaged.
From ordering to delivery is a little slow. Some items were missing, one phone call and they were despatched. But on the plus side items are well priced.
Paint exactly as described and at a very good price (less than half Amazon), however delivery very slow
Hi everyone,
Hammerite garage door paint as described, but tins slightly dented. Other items as described, but the main problem was the Hammerite Thinner 2.5 lines - It looked as if it was very old stock to a point years old! and been possibly stored outside! In reality should not have been sold! I could not be bothered to ask for refund, I could not believe condition myself, so explaining it to customer service wast of time - unless my tin went through time portal. My old tin which I've had 6 years was only slightly rusty in my garage, but the so called new tin was completely corroded/rusted on the whole steel top, and bottom of the the steel Hammerite tin. I gave 3 stars due to this, but in reality the thinner tin deserved - zero stars.
Hi Colin. Thank you for your comments. I wanted to assure you that your thinners are not old stock. For health and safety reasons (fire) we have to store all thinners outside our main warehouse in a shed, which is cold and damp. Tins in there start to rust within days and some are completely covered in rust within a few months. I admit they look old but in view of how quickly we sell them the Hammerite thinners will be no more than about three months old, and there is nothing wrong with the product inside. If you have any other concerns please contact us.
Product was alll good and service was fine. It was a shame that delivery times are not more clearly marked as item was not despatched for over a day, in total took around 3 working days to arrive. Given I was told the item was in stock and I paid for a courier delivery service this seems a little slow.
I ordered a tin of Rustoleum paint to mixed to a specific code, the colour did not match. I then emailed them about this and have had no reply
Overall service from tools-paint was good - the paint arrived quickly and in good condition - 5 stars for that.

Only down side was that the standard tin of Dulux blackboard paint was accidently knocked over from a height of 10 inches the lid fell off and it went everywhere. Not ideal but not their fault. The seal on the tine should be stronger though or it needs to have strong tape like they use in dulux paint stores put onto it.
well wrapped but both tins dented-very possibly before wrapping took place-delivery was as promised.
I just wanted to assure you that under no account do we send out dented tins - the potential cost to us of recovering damaged items and/or sending replacements far outweighs any short-term gain. As you indicated, we pack tins as well as ought to be necessary but unfortunately sometimes the couriers are not as careful as we would like them to be! We do raise this issue with them when we hear of cases such as this.
Hi Yes Cuprinol product was excellent and the price only thing it was not what we ordered but was an excellent substitute cheers and thanks
The delivery took longer than expected, as the item I ordered wasn't actually in stock! Also, the tin was a bit dented. The price was cheaper than anywhere else though, so I can put up with minor discrepancies.
Tools-paint.com is rated 4.75 based on 858 reviews