The Cruise Specialists Reviews

94% of reviewers recommend The Cruise Specialists
10AM
10AM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact The Cruise Specialists?

sales@the-cruise-specialists.co.uk

Sheilling House, Glenbervie Business Park,

Tell us how The Cruise Specialists made you happy

Telephone, Live Chat
"Always been happy with The Cruise Specialist, however I was surprised to be billed over £4 on my mobile when I phoned up to pay my cruise balance on what was listed as the "main number" - 08712885025 I am disappointed that a company like this have decided to charge people to pay their balances. I also requested to be removed from all mailing lists as I receive 3 or 4 posts a week and after four weeks I am still receiving mail - this is now being returned to them!"
Hello Anton, Thank you for your feedback, we are very sorry you have experienced these issues. If you could please reply to me privately with your details and I will contact you to rectify this and reimburse your costs.

Kindest Regards
Naomi
"Brittania is too big for us and not easy to find your way round.lack of a staircase in the middle of the ship did not help. I also believe P&O have lost a lot of the personal touches.. ie silver service, the restaurants do not have the menu choices now.. Might consider P, O again."
"I booked an allocated by company cruise and requested twin or double beds if possible. Got L shaped bed arrangement allocated before the cruise and asked CS to try to get at least a twin configuration. They tried and failed and advised me to try again on board. I did still with no luck but there definitely were spare cabins. I had hoped that a specialist cruise travel agent would have a little more 'clout'."
"This company can be too demanding and will bombard you with post and E mails. Pushy to sell more than just cruises and demand payment too early"
"Missed a port of call (French strike). Food not as good choice as previous. Queueing worse than before."
"Had a change of personnel looking after our booking which wasn't helpful. We were not told about an extra service charge at our hotel, which was a sizeable sum, and had we known would probably have booked somewhere else. We were not notified that our cruise boat was being refurbished; in fact communication was very poor considering the amount of money spent."
"I'm afraid there is nothing special about the service you provide. There is far too much marketing and the voucher of £50 is most ungenerous"
"I found Duke very helpful whilst looking to book but since I booked I have found the after service not good as I have left numerous message trying to contact and had no response and still don't know the full details of my holiday"
"I am not Mr P Wilson I am Mr T Wilson. P and O cruises were not informed that our booking was twinned with other family members which caused problems on the ship."
"We were late arriving at the terminal due to horrendous traffic problems, it took over 7 hours for a 4 hour journey. I was very impressed with the staff at the terminal when we finally arrived. The cabin was very clean and adequate, but had no tea/coffee facility and only one plug socket which was european, so I had to buy a travel plug. The restaurant service was disappointing - We requested a table for 8, but allocated a booth table for 4. This was OK, a nice couple, and I suppose someone had to be in the corner facing the wall, if only it hadn't been me. The seat was broken, and every time my partner or I moved it rocked. After 2 days it still hadn't been repaired and as the service was so slow we decided to use the self service buffet for the rest of the trip. The itinnery was good and the crew were exceptionally helpful when disembarking by tender. All in all I enjoyed the cruise, however the ship is tired and a bit cramped so I don't think I would bother to book the Marco Polo again."
"Would prefer the best price when first speaking to a representative,not when another company offer a much better price, this happened the last time we tried to book,only to be told later of an offer,hence we booked the best price. Would like to say we are on our. third cruise this year. This could have been your business. Regards Mrs J.Crosbie."
"I have booked with the Cruise Specialists many times and have always been pleased with the service. Then I booked in July to go on a Celebrity Cruise in October. Despite calling the Cruise Specialists, I received an email from Thomson holidays and had to call a store in Scotland to discuss my booking. The phone rings endlessly without anyone picking up, then eventually, when someone does pick up they're so rushed with customers in their shop that they don't have the time to deal with me. I asked for 3 bookings (made together) to be linked so that our cabins would be allocated together as I am travelling with elderly parents. When I checked in online, our cabins are all over the ship - not together at all! Today I was ringing for about 3 minutes and then got cut off. When I rang back I got a girl from Foreign Exchange who had no clue how to help me and promised a colleague would call back. She was very polite and took the details but this is NOT the level of service I am used to receiving when dealing with the Cruise Specialists. Based on my most recent experience, I will NOT use Cruise Specialists again but will use a travel agent that has a dedicated Cruise resource and doesn't farm out my booking to a random branch that is too busy to help me. This is very disappointing as I have been a loyal customer for many years."
Hello Mrs Atherton, Thanks for your review. Just to explain, when we receive enquiries from customers or make bookings for customers, we handle all aspects of those reservations internally, through to a conclusion. We would never farm out our customers bookings or enquiries to anyone else. Please feel free to contact us at any time if you require further explanation.
"Haven't used you for some time because from a price point of view you are no longer very competitive. I had excellent service from you in the past but you don't seem to offer any particularly attractive deals - especially to ex-customers. We cruise every year but in recent times have used other companies. John Farrer"
"Booked a voyage on Celebrity Eclipse with yourselves...10/10 excellent ...... trusted your recommendation of similar on Celebrity Infinity in 2014.........what a dump that Ship is !!.......felt let down and disappointed."
"up until our last cruise we had a great time ,but the last one was not as good they have made to must changes ."
"Hi in my opinion what is missing is you do not give instant prices on the different rooms available on a cruise. EG, i can get an instant price of iglu on any cruise i may be interested in without having to send e.mails off. regards"
"Lack of information about cruise excursions was a great disappointment as trips could not be booked without a surcharge being levied. A request for the brochure was not acknowledged or any recompense offered."
"Spent a lot on extras which l was not told about (Drinks:Photos:Traval:)total cost on top 1500.00"
"Poor follow up after booking made. It is up to the customer to contact yourself."
The Cruise Specialists is rated 4.72 based on 628 reviews