The Tartan Blanket Co. Reviews

of reviewers recommend The Tartan Blanket Co.
Read The Tartan Blanket Co. Reviews

The Tartan Blanket Co. 5 star review on 13th November 2020
Michaela Stefanikova
The Tartan Blanket Co. 5 star review on 12th November 2020
McCol Iles
I have bought a couple of blankets from Tartan and they are excellent quality . They do however tend to be a slightly different colour when received than is shown in the online picture. My latest one is particularly poor. It is described as 'charcoal' and shown in the picture as a very dark grey - almost black. The blanket sent is a sort of mid-grey : very nice but not what I wanted. I don't want to return it after waiting so long for it to be in stock but am rather disappointed .
A gift mailed directly to the recipient. Well received but I was disappointed with the ordering process. The website is so difficult to navigate it took me 5 attempts at creating my box to be able to access the items I wanted at the initial advertised price. Great concept, lovely selection of gifts but a very frustrating and poorly laid out website.
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. I'm so sorry to hear you had a difficult time navigating our website. We will be sure to pass this feedback on. If you need any help in the future when ordering with us please get in touch at hello@tartanblanketco.com.
Loved the complimentary tiny pack of shortbread - melt in mouth albeit one bite size but was very disappointed that the embroidery was in pale blue on a mustard throw ( assumes it would be a complimentary colour and not clashing ) Sadly I was also disappointed that the throw was smaller than expected for an all in cost of £51 incl p&p.
Bought identical quality twice size for £65 from WOOLOVERS no p&p and thought that was much better value for money despite not having a tiny shortbread compliments of company.
Don’t think I would recommend or buy again Sorry
Many thanks for getting in touch and for taking the time to leave us a review.

Lovely to know you were happy with our complimentary wee pack of shortbread. They are very delicious indeed!

I am really sorry to hear you were disappointed with the embroidery colour. We embroider in a soft grey thread as this compliments all our designs, as mentioned on our Embroidery page and you are able to see a couple of photos of the different fonts embroidered when you select the embroidery option.

It would be great if you could pop us over a photo of the embroidery as you mentioned it was a light blue thread - I just wanted to have a look at this for you.

I see you opted for one of our Knee Blankets, we share the dimensions of the blankets on the product page so as to provide as much information as possible, depending on the device you're using and your screen view, you may need to scroll down a little to see the information.

Our Knee Blankets are priced at £35, and with the additional embroidery and items that brought your order to £51. We do offer a Full Size Blanket which is approximately twice the size of the Knee Blanket for £50.

I hope that explains things a little more, I'd love to have a look at the embroidery on your blanket, as mentioned this should be in a soft grey thread, so I am concerned if this has been done in a different colour and would love to look into this more.

If you can pop a wee message and photo to us at hello@tartanblanketco.com that would be great.
Mariana
The scarf was great and arrived quickly. However, I sent an email asking about sizes and never got a reply. That's not great customer service, sadly.
Thanks for your feedback and we're so glad to hear you were pleased with the scarf.

We've had a wee look through our inboxes but are having a little trouble finding an email from you so I'm really sorry that it didn't come through properly.

If there's anything else we can do to help please just pop us an email to hello@tartanblanketco.com
Not quite what I was expecting - colours ok but wool is coarse and cloth stiff rather than soft!
Thanks for your review and sorry to hear your order wasn't quite what you expected.

Our Recycled Wool does soften over time and the great thing about it is it can be popped in the washing machine on a cool wool wash which we've found helps soften things up too.

It's also no problem if you'd prefer to get these sent back to us. We have a pre-paid returns label for UK orders on our website.

Please pop us an email if there's anything else we can help with.
I received my blankets yesterday 8 October. Unfortunately I don't feel the colour was true to the colour online.
Hello Alexis

Thanks for your review, we really appreciate your feedback although we're sorry to hear that you didn't feel the colours were true to life.

We do try and photograph our products as true to life as possible so I will certainly pass this feedback onto the photography department so they can look into it.

We do have a 60 day returns policy so it's no problem getting the blankets returned back to us.

Please pop us an email if there's anything else we can help with.
Hi ,

I was very disappointed that my gift box arrived with a rip down the front ..must have been used before ..as don’t believe this could have happened in transit . This is a gift for someone -so I can’t comment on the product .
Oh dear! I'm so sorry about that. We wouldn't of sent a damaged box so I'm not quite sure how that would of happened!

Not to worry. I've spoken to our warehouse team and asked them to get a replacement box sent out to you ASAP. We want to make sure your gift is perfect!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and let us know. If you ever have any issues or questions please feel free to get in touch as we'd love to sort them out.
The Colours on the scarf is unfortunately not as the picture online- det blue is more purple and the grey is way darker irl than online.. So I’m a bit dissapointed, and dont have time to return it before I have to give it as a present. But fast delivery, the scarf is vert soft and smells woolly in the best way.
Hello Sara,

Thank you for your order with us and sorry to hear you were disappointed with the colours. We do try and photograph our products as true to life as possible but I will certainly pass this feedback on to our marketing team so they are aware of the issue.

If there's anything else we can do to help then please just pop us an email.
Goods were easy to order and there is a great choice. Perhaps I am being over critical but from the website my expectation was that the blanket would be visible in the box when opened and laid alongside the other selected goods - this was visually very pleasing on the site. I can understand the reasons for wrapping the blanket but laid on top of the selected items does not have the same visual impact and I was a little disappointed.
Great Service, Rug has lovely hues but on the mean side size wise for the price!
Our blankets are beautiful! We got two of the recycled wool blankets. They are perfect for picnics and campfires. We ordered ours internationally and it was so nice to have the border fees paid for during the pandemic. One thing we wish was different is that there is a chemically-warehouse smell to the blankets. We tried hanging them up outside and washing them to no avail. This really is a big factor as we now don't use them in the house as we had wished. They are reserved for outside use now.
Thanks for your feedback Chloe and we're really glad you love the blankets so much! Although we're really sorry to hear about your issue with them. We don't hear of this very often and appreciate you letting us know. It's something that we're looking into further. We hope you're enjoying plenty of campfires and picnics outdoors.
Nice blanket but very strong chemical smell off it. Needs a lot of airing before it can be used.
Thanks for your feedback David and sorry to hear this! It's quite unusual for us. The great thing about our Recycled Wool Blankets is that thanks to the 30% landfill-saved fibres in them, it can also be popped in the washing machine.

We've added a few handy wool washing tips below:

Make sure to separate darks and lights and add wool soap and fabric softener (optional) to the dispensing drawer rather than to the drum. Run the “wool wash” if your machine has one under 30ºC (or 80ºF for our friends across the pond). If not, run a 30ºC or less cycle with the lowest possible spin cycle.

We can’t guarantee every machine will be able to wash a blanket without problems, but when we tried it ourselves they turned out just lovely.
I've bought a number of blankets from the Tartan Blanket Co. and absolutely loved them. This one is the exception. The colours are great, but the quality is poor. I have put it on my sofa and after just a few days it's looking rather worn and tired. So, I'm disappointed.
Hello Cathy,

Thank you for your review and taking time to let us know about your purchase.

We're disappointed to hear that your experience wasn't quite right and not the norm for TBCo. and we'd love the opportunity to make this right.

We wouldn't expect our blankets to look tired or worn and would love to offer you a replacement.

If you could get in touch at hello@tartanblanketco.com we can make arrangements to replace your blanket as quickly as possible.

Warm Regards,
Yvonne
The welcome and service were very good however I was very disappointed when the promised receipt for my purchases has not been forthcoming.
Hey Sue

Thank you so much for your review.

I'm so pleased you felt welcomed and were happy with our service. We love it when our customers pop by so hopefully we'll see you again soon!

I'm so sorry for the mix up with your receipt, we've been having some technical issues there.

Not to worry, I'll pop you over an email with your receipt straight away.

As always, feel free to give us a shout if there's anything we can do to help. That's what we're here for!

Maya
Blanket was okay I found it thinner and coarser then what I have seen in Scotland. Fast shipping and good service.
Disappointed that I got 2 blankets in one box as they are gifts and I needed a box each.
Hello Nyree
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I'm really sorry to hear that you were disappointed.

As a business we try our best to be as sustainable as possible so to save on paper and packaging we will wrap multiple items together.

Although we do say at checkout that if you are purchasing gifts and want them wrapped individually be sure to view and purchase a gift note for each one and we will box your items separately.

I'm sorry that you missed this and were therefore disappointed on this occasion, hopefully you will see this message and be in the know for next time.

You have purchased lovely gifts so I am sure your friends will love them.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.
Louise
Love the quality but the tag was hanging off I had to take it off the scarf
Hello Ann

I'm glad you like your new scarf, I'm so sorry to hear there was a wee issue with the tag though.

We would really appreciated the chance to sort this out or you. Hopefully you can reconsider your review.

I've just sent you a wee email so we can see about getting your lovely scarf swapped over for you.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Maya
In general good quality and service, but there was no reaction to questions.
Hello There

I'm glad you are pleased with our products and service, however we're a little disappointed with the 3 start review.

I've had a wee look and I can't see any emails coming in from you. If you do have any questions please get in touch: hello@tartanblanketco.com

We hope we can help and that you can reconsider.

Maya
Loved the blanket fair size

Thanks for your review.

I am a little disappointed with your 3 star review especially after such lovely comments.

We hope you can reconsider, please get in touch if we can help with anything.

Hello There

I'm glad you love your blanket.

Although we were a little saddened by the 3 start rating especially with such wonderful comments!

Is there anything we can do to help you reconsider? Please get in touch.

Maya
Sorry, it just wasn’t soft enough for me to rate as cosy.
Hello Pamela

Thank you for your review.

I am sad to see you gave us 3 starts and didn't think our blankets were super cosy, our customers usually love our blankets.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you reconsider your 3 start review!

The Tartan Blanket Co. is rated 4.92 based on 5,172 reviews