The Tartan Blanket Co. Reviews

of reviewers recommend The Tartan Blanket Co.
4.9
Based on 6,574 reviews
Read The Tartan Blanket Co. Reviews

info@tartanblanketco.com

170B Great Junction Street

Tell us how The Tartan Blanket Co. made you happy
Smells bad. This blanket smells like petrol. I washed it and it still smells, very off putting! Not very happy about it. Won't be using it! It looks nice, which is a shame.
Hi there, thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review, and I'm so sorry that you are unhappy with your blanket! What you’re smelling is lanolin (or “wool wax”). It’s a natural oil sheep produce that give their wool that super important waterproofing property. We soak all of our recycled wool in vegetable oil to break it down before washing, but for some woolly blankets, the lanolin scent just happens to hang around a bit longer. Our Recycled Wool can be popped in the washing machine on a cool wool wash at 30c so it might be worth giving this a try if airing doesn't seem to help and this should get things freshened up for you. Please pop us an email at hello@tartanblanketco.com and we'd love to help you out more!
HORRIBLE customer service. Paid almost $1,000 for blankets that STILL have not arrived, over A WEEK after they were promised. When called, they will tell you it will be there today, and it won't. They want your business so lie about when they can have your items to you. Find another provider.
Hello Andrew So very sorry that you feel this way, we thought we had been most friendly and helpful and given as much information as possible so it makes me sad that you didn't think that. I will say that we did not at any point lie to you about the situation nor were guaranteed delivery dates given - we only shared the delivery timescales the courier said they would deliver. The delay was with the courier as you were aware as you said you had spoken with them yourself and is so frustrating for us as we have no control at all over the delivery, but such delays mean ultimately we have let you down. I have sent you an email today as following an investigation the courier has informed us that the package was due for delivery as expected and would have been with you on 24th December in time for Christmas but you had contacted them and changed the delivery address to a completely different state, which takes up to 48 hours for them to effect, and with the holidays there were further delays. Your package is now on the way to the new address you gave them so it should be with you in a couple of days. I am sorry that you felt so badly during this experience and hope that we have the opportunity to see you again in the future and change your opinion.
Shocking in the extreme to charge EIGHTEEN POUNDS for a bunch of dried grass. It was a present from my son who is ignorant of this dreadful offering of course and I would never let him know how he has been ripped off.
Hello Stephanie Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts - we are so very sorry that you feel this way. I've spoken with you both over the phone and via email so I know this is now resolved but appreciate you taking the time to write a review - hopefully we've been able to explain things.
What was all the hype about your Magpie launch? I went online for both launch dates at exactly the time said and picked up the green check board scarf only to be thrown out after entering my details. What a load of marketing nonsense. I don't think you had any stock to sell just a PR stunt. Same thing happened to my daughter. We registered as you asked us to do. I think it is silly and counter-productive as has really put me off using your company again. If your having problems getting things from China perhaps you need to think about sourcing from UK and help save the planet in the process (probably off-set your customer funded charity campaign which you take the credit for championing in a more transparent, honest way). You sent me an e-mail asking me to complete my purchase, so thought perhaps technical problem your end but clearly not as page non-responsive and cart emptied by yourselves. No telephone number to contact anyone. Replied to your email but no response so guess one of those automated numbers. Basically maximising your profit with zero customer service. I know times are hard but don't think the answer is to cut staff to the bone. It takes a long time to build a brand and no time lose it. Stop treating customers as if your doing them a favour letting them buy your products. Sorry for the rant but so tired of stupid media manipulation.
Hi there! We're so sorry for this frustrating experience! The collaboration was far more popular than we anticipated, to the point it gave some a less than pleasant customer experience, and we absolutely apologise for that. Our web store doesn’t allow for items to be reserved when added to cart, only once payment is complete, and due to the traffic rush, there were unfortunately many who didn’t get the scarf they were after. Your feedback is very important to us, as we’ve based our company around finding suppliers who champion sustainability and donating 2% of our annual revenue to positive impact charities. We always aim to respond to all customer messages as quickly as possible so I'm really sorry if we didn't get back to you as quickly as expected. We did have a busier than usual day so may still be catching up on some messages - I'm sorry if you felt that we were ignoring you please rest assured that absolutely isn't the case! Thank you so much for your patience, as each collaboration is an experiment and we never quite know how they will go and what kind of demand they will have. Again, we're so sorry your experience was less than pleasant and hope you know this was never our intent.
Disappointed - for £220 I expected some quality assurance but there was a very obvious dead fly in the middle of the blanket when my wife opened it on Christmas Day.
Hello John Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review although we're really sorry to hear about the issue with the blanket. Our warehouse team take care to quality check our products before these are shipped out so please accept our apologies that this got missed. We'd love a chance to make this right so please do get in touch with our Customer Happiness Team at hello@tartanblanketco.com and we can see what we can do.
I was so pleased to find this company as I wanted a personalised picnic blanket for my son’s girlfriend’s 30th birthday. The blanket looked perfect and I could buy a matching leather carrier separately. I ordered both and paid for the extra for personalisation. I admit to being a bit cross the nest day when I got sent a 20% off voucher but these things often happen. The blanket arrived roughly a week later, beautifully packaged in tissue paper and a seal so I didn’t want to open it. Unfortunately the carrier was missing. I called the company and was told this would be sent out separately, I should receive it within a week. I also asked for confirmation that the blanket has definitely been embroidered and was told, ‘It should be. Yes it should be but so should the carrier have been sent. On the plus side, the blanket feels beautiful and from what I can see, looks lovely. I hope this gets resolved and I feel able to make further purchases as it could be a lovely, special present. I will also give more stars if this is resolved quickly and satisfactorily.
Hello Anne Thanks so much for giving us the opportunity to make amends. I'm so sorry that the leather strap didn't arrive with the blanket - we totally messed up there. I've popped you an email with some more information on what we've done so please give me a shout if there is anything else we can do. Louise
I ordered a blanket chosen by my son as a Christmas gift . In plenty of time it so I thought. A delivery attempt was made in 18/11. I contacted the courier Yodel for it to be redelivered on the Saturday. I stayed in all day. Nothing. I have since been in contact with yourselves on quite a few occasions by email and was told it would be delivered on Friday to my safe place. This did not happen . Now in 30/11 I discover that Yodel have returned my package back to you. And the blanket is now out of stock otherwise you would have sent it out using another courier. To say I am annoyed is an understatement. I was asked if I wanted to order a different blanket but it was my Son's choice and to be honest I have had enough. I have been given a refund.
Thanks so much for your feedback Wendy, I know we've already spoken but wanted to say I totally understand how you are feeling - I'd be very annoyed too. The service from Yodel is not acceptable and we will be taking that up with them. I'm so sorry that your sons blanket is now out of stock, as you mention we absolutely would have sent this out again. If there is anything else we can do, please be sure to give us a shout!
I’m sorry but the blanket is much darker than on your website pictures and I’m disappointed. I did not re order because there wasn’t a brighter one in the Kingsize. The size is perfect. I cannot rate it.
Thanks for your feedback Viv, although we're sorry to hear that the blanket wasn't quite the colour you expected. We do try and photograph our blankets as true to life as possible so we will certainly pass on this feedback to the photography team. Please pop us an email if there's anything else we can do to help.
Would review if I had my blanket still hasn’t arrived 23/10/20 waiting waiting
Hello Elizabeth, I am really sorry to hear you've not received your package yet. I have contacted you directly with updates on your order, so please feel free to get in contact with me in response to my email. Mariana
Why ask for a review long before I've received the product? I am still waiting for the product.
No idea where my Fraser Hunting Tartan knee blanket is. Said to have left England several days ago. Tracking not working. Anthony Kevin, Canberra.
Hi Anthony Sorry to hear you've not received your package yet. You're welcome to contact us directly with any concerns you have. The global pandemic has seen a huge decrease in international flights along with increases in the volume of mail being sent and staff shortages with shipping companies. Unfortunately these symptoms together mean that some services are seeing delays longer than normal. I've seen this in particular with packages to Australia. So far we are not seeing an increase in the number of lost packages, they are just taking longer than we'd expect to arrive. Normally we would expect Airmail to Europe to be 3-5 days and to the rest of the world 6-7 working days. In the last couple of weeks we've seen tracked packages show no updates for 3-4 weeks and then popup in the system and be delivered a few days later. It seems like the delays are mainly moving between countries. Your package was shipped on 5th May and with the current circumstances as mentioned I'm afraid the delays are not unusual at the moment. Experience over the last few weeks is that packages are arriving - they are just taking longer than usual, understandable considering the worldwide pandemic, so I'm confident your package will arrive, just a little later than expected. Royal Mail have informed us that under normal circumstances (pre-pandemic) 25 business days should be allowed before considering there may be an issue with delivery, so have suggested in any case this time frame should be allowed. I appreciate its really frustrating especially when you're looking forward to a package arriving - COVID-19 is having such an impact to everyone in so many ways. Please do reach out and keep in touch. In the meantime stay safe and well. Louise
I wanted to buy a blanket for my son's single bed as It is a bit chilly during the night time.I was expecting more of a blanket It is quite small and I did't want to go through all the returning trouble so instead I decided to keep it for myself as a throw.
Hello Nese Sorry to hear you were disappointed with the size of the blanket. I see that you ordered a knee blanket and we do share the dimensions of the blanket next to the product which we hope would avoid any confusion over the size. We do offer free returns in the UK within 60 days so if you'd still like to return it you are most welcome to, although it sounds like its found another purpose in keeping you colsie. Please feel free to contact me at hello@tartanblanketco.com if you want to discuss further. Louise
Really disappointed my hibernation package still hasn't arrived
Hey Sophie, Really sorry to hear that. I know it's frustrating when you're waiting for something that is taking longer than expected. I can confirm your order was shipped last Wednesday and free delivery is normally 2-3 working days. Friday/Monday were Easter Bank holidays so today is the third working day since dispatch. Unfortunately due to the global pandemic we're seeing some items taking a little bit longer than normal as postal services have increased demand and reduced workforces. Whilst we're working hard to stay open and get everyone's orders out on time, things are a little bit slower than they normally would be. We also offer next day delivery for more urgent items and would've upgraded your order for free had we known before we shipped it. Fingers crossed it turns up soon and please let me know if we can do anything to help. Fergus
Totally different colours then in picture. Way too late to change now since xmass is next week.
It looks like an old blanket unfortunately - matted not soft
The blanket I received is not what the picture showed on your website.. I am trying to return this product.
Hello Valerie Thanks for taking the time to write a review for TBCo. I can see we have received a few emails for you over the weekend my colleague, Jess, has replied earlier this morning. I am a little disappointed to see you have given us a 1 start review without giving us the chance to sort this out for you. I hope you have received Jess' email and that you can reconsider your review. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help. Maya
Shipping to the US takes more than three weeks. My friend still waiting for the package.
Hello There Thanks for taking the time to write your review. I am a little disappointed to see you have give us a 1 start review without giving us a chance to respond to your email. I hope this is something you can reconsider and that your friends parcel arrives very soon. Maya
I ordered 6 pink checked baby blankets , and you sent me MAVUE?
Hello Barbara Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I am sad that its a bad one. As we have been chatting on email, you know that when it seems we've made a mistake we look to get it fixed straight away and had been working on that for you. However we received the returned blankets and they are the correct blankets that you ordered. We do make every effort to ensure that images displayed on our website are as accurate as possible but cannot guarantee an exact match to the product as displayed on your screen. I'm sorry that the colour was different to what you were expecting and I've sent you an email with options for next steps to get this settled for you. Louise
I have not received my order as yet
We are sorry to hear this Janith. Your order came in on the 14th November and was dispatched the same day which is super speedy from our warehouse team. It left us with Royal Mail Airmail which is an untracked service and usually takes 5-7 working days. However, we have been made aware by Royal Mail that parcels coming from the UK are taking a little longer than usual to get through customs. I'm unsure why this is the case, it probably won't help that it is coming up to Christmas. Royal Mail allow 25 working days to reach you. If it isn't with you by the end of next week please let me know. Have a lovely day and any other questions please just ask, I'll be delighted to help.
The color on the blanket did not look like the one on the website. Second one I ordered to replace did not arrive in time for me to receive it and use.
What a shame it wasn't quite right for you. We try our best to make the pictures accurate and occasionally it doesn't quite look right on your screen (NB it will for most). Always happy to give advice on colours if unsure. I see we upgraded your shipping to the fastest option. Unfortunately given it's the Highlands this worked against us. It's always a shame when your trying your best to help and it doesn't quite go right. So sorry to have caused any problems. I see Sam is looking after you for a refund and return. Let us know if we can be of more help ~Rachel
The Tartan Blanket Co. is rated 4.91 based on 6,574 reviews