The Tartan Blanket Co. Reviews

of reviewers recommend The Tartan Blanket Co.
Read The Tartan Blanket Co. Reviews

The Tartan Blanket Co. 5 star review on 15th April 2021
Jacki Mactaggart
The Tartan Blanket Co. 5 star review on 15th April 2021
Catherine Somerville Tyler
Delivery slower than expected also didn’t get the hand cream that should have been included in the box.
Hello Sam, Many thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We are really sorry to hear your parcel didn't arrive as quick as you expected. We had a wee look on your order and we could see it was completed after our deadline for Mother's day next day delivery. This may be why you received it a little later than you wanted. We have also sent you an email confirmation with all your items and the hand cream was not included on it because it was out of stock - again, we are really sorry about that. But rest assured you were not charged for this item at all :) I hope we have the chance to make it up with in the future. If there is anything else we can help you with, just give us a shout. Warm Regards
I am sorry to say that I was very disappointed with a 'Lambswool knee blanket'. It was very thin, more akin to the weight and feel of a scarf, so I felt it was over-priced at £65.
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I'm so sorry to hear you were disappointed with your Lambswool Knee Blanket. Our Lambswool is very soft and lightweight in texture, if you were looking for a thicker wool type I would recommend our Recycled Wool. Our Recycled Wool is a denser twill weave, resulting in a thicker, cosier style of blanket. If there is anything else we can do for you, just send us over an email at hello@tartanblanketco.com.
Very quick delivery and good quality, but disappointing colour. I bought the neutral baby blanket as a gift with embroidery and the colour was not like the picture - very yellow in comparison which is frustrating as I would’ve picked a different colour way. Would recommend choosing a different colour for a baby gift as it looks quite old-person ish!
Hello there Thanks so much for your feedback, so sorry the colour wasn't quite what you thought, we do try our best to photograph the blankets in the best light possible so when they are being viewed on a screen they translate well. The design you chose is one of our new range and has been super popular so we really appreciate your feedback! If there is anything we can do for you please give us a shout at hello@tartanblanketco.com In the meantime I hope you and your family are all safe and well. Louise
Would like to purchase this year but you have little or no stock !
Hello there Thanks so much for your comment I totally appreciate your frustration. We have more stock on the way which we had expected to be with us in time for the holiday season. I'm sure you've seen that as with the whole of the UK there are significant logistical delays due to COVID-19 which meant our delivery has been held up. It really is frustrating but not something we had any control over. We are hoping the delivery manages to get through for January and would recommend signing up to our 'Email when Back' notification so you will be amongst the first to know when we have more stock. We are keeping our fingers crossed that things get moving soon as so many people have been impacted by this. I hope that you and your family are safe and well and have been able to enjoy the festive period! Louise
Bit of a surprise having to pay excluded import fees when delivering a gift to a friend. Transparency please.
Hello Emma Oh no that absolutely should not have happened!! We pay all the duties so you only pay what you see at checkout. I'm so sorry it sounds like this was sent via the wrong shipping service - we totally messed up! Please can you email me the receipt for the duties you paid and I get them refunded to you straight away: hello@tartanblanketco.com Louise
To tell the truth I was disappointed, I know I got a discount but I didn’t know there was a defect . I was happy with the colors,the pattern the delivery and embroidery all perfect, but I found out immediately, close to the embroidery that we can see the thread ; fortunately it was not a moth. at this price I thought it could have been perfect. I know that with natural materials like leather there are imperfections but...
Hello there Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review and we're sorry to see the issue with the blanket. We do ur best to quality check our products before sending these out so we're very sorry that this was missed. We'd love to find a way to get this sorted out for you so please get in touch with us at hello@tartanblanketco.com. Our customer happiness team will look forward to hearing from you.
Very efficient company, came beautifully packed. Unfortunately I had to return the recycled/wool knee blanket as it was not as soft as I expected. I was very disappointed.
Hello There, Thank you for your review and taking the time to let us know about your purchase. Although, we're sorry to hear that the blanket wasn't quite what you expected. We're really proud of how sustainable our Recycled Wool blankets are, as they are made up of 70% Recycled Wool and 30% Recycled Mixed Fibres, that would otherwise end up in landfill. We do find that our recycled wool does soften more over time and the great thing about it is it can be popped in the washing machine on a cool wool wash which we've found helps to soften things up a little more too. You may also find our lambswool a bit more suitable as this is super soft and feels lovely on the skin, as it comes from a lambs first sheer. Hope this helps and please pop us an email if there's anything else we can do for you. Warm Regards,
Nice blanket but smelled horrible. Really damp and musty. Washed three times and now a faint odour remains. Will be fine for outdoors/car but wouldn't want to put it on a bed. Emailed seller but have not had a response yet.
Hello there Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review and we're really sorry to hear about the issue with the smell. What you’re smelling is lanolin (or “wool wax”). It’s a natural oil sheep produce that give their wool that super important waterproofing property. We soak all of our recycled wool in vegetable oil to break it down before washing, but for some woolly blankets, the lanolin scent just happens to hang around a bit longer. We're sorry to hear that popping it in the wash doesn't seem to have helped. Usually we've found that this works a treat, however you may find airing outside will do the trick to get things freshened up for you. Please pop us an email if there's anything else we can help with.
We're also really sorry, your email didn't seem to come through to us properly. We've had a wee look through all our inboxes just incase it got missed but if you'd like to get back in touch please email hello@tartanblanketco.com
expected something softer
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, although we're sorry to hear the Recycled Wool Blanket wasn't quite as soft as you expected. You may find Lambswool a little bit more suitable as this is super soft and feels lovely on the skin. If you need any help with returning the blanket please email us at hello@tartanblanketco.com and we'd be happy to pop a refund through for you.
Love the look of the 2 blankets we ordered but we dislike the smell. They have a processed or manufacturing type odor. We’re attempting to remove the smell by washing and drying them in the sun.
Hello Nora Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We really appreciate your feedback. What you’re smelling is lanolin (or “wool wax”). It’s a natural oil sheep produce that give their wool that super important waterproofing property. We soak all of our recycled wool in vegetable oil to break it down before washing, but for some woolly blankets, the lanolin scent just happens to hang around a bit longer. Our Recycled Wool can be popped in the washing machine on a cool wool wash at 30c so it might be worth giving this a try like you mentioned and this should get things freshened up for you. Please pop us an email if there's anything else we can help with.
I emailed re an order that I have not received and I have had no acknowledgement of my email.
Hello Alan Thanks for your feedback and we're really sorry we haven't got back to you yet. I can see you sent us through an email yesterday afternoon so we'll be able to get back to you this morning with a reply. We've been a little busier than normal and are trying to get caught up on our emails so I apologise that you've had to wait a little longer than expected for a response. We'll be in touch shortly and please let us know if there's anything else we can help with.
Love their scarves and blankets but disappointed with recycled wool dog blanket. Texture of cloth is not the same softness and quality as other products. It was a present so could not easily return as advised by customer services. As a dog blanket I’m sure it will do the job but be aware cloth is not the usual high quality for the cost.
Thanks for your feedback, although we're sorry to hear you were disappointed with the texture of the blanket. We opted to create our pet blankets from the off-cuts made from our Recycled Wool Blankets as we thought this was a super responsible way to deal with wastage as we move towards becoming a more sustainable business. We really appreciate your comments and it's something we will take into consideration in the future.
I was really excited to place my order one of the beautiful prints as a knee blanket has been on my wishlist for a while now. However, I have to say I'm quite disappointed by how thin the lambswool blanket I've received is. The size also seems a little small for a knee blanket and is more the size of an oversized scarf. The blanket doesn't keep me warm at all. Overall, I'm afraid to say I am very disappointed with my purchase.
Hello there, We're very sorry to hear you were disappointed with the blanket you received. Our knee blankets are 30" x 79" / 75cm x 200cm, including fringing*, if this doesn't sound quite right then we'd love if you contacted us at hello@tartanblanketco.com so that we can double check you haven't received the wrong item and get this all sorted for you. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.
I can't write a review in light of the fact that I'm still waiting for the product . I would appreciate some feedback on when this order was dispatched, I ordered it weeks and weeks ago . Thankyou Michele odonnell
Hello Michelle We're really sorry to hear your order hasn't arrived with you yet. We've had a wee look and your order left us on 1st of July and you should have received a shipping confirmation of this too. Sometime's these can find their way into the junk mail folder. We've had a closer look at the tracking on your order and there looks as though there has been a delay with FedEx along the way. We're so sorry about that. We'll contact FedEx in the meantime to find out what's happened and then we'll be able to get things sorted for you asap.
I bought a present to send to my son in London. I could not find a place on your website to write delivery instructions and I did not get regular updates on delivery times. Unfortunately the parcel was delivered when my son was at work and has gone back to the depot. It is a shame. I am not sure he will be able to collect it or what will happen next. The product is great. It’s the service which is the problem!
Hello Mary Thanks for leaving a review and sorry to hear there were some issues with receiving the order. I've had a wee look into this and usually in this case the option to have the parcel redelivered can be arranged through Royal Mail's website, if it's not possible for the item to be collected from your local depot. I can see we sent you a confirmation email of the order on 7th Feb when the order was placed and we also sent you a shipping confirmation email on 10th Feb. Perhaps these have found their way into your junk mail...I'm sorry you thought we hadn't kept you updated. Just to let you know for the future, there is an "order notes" section at the checkout where you can leave instructions and any additional information we might need for your order as well. Hope this helps a little. Please just pop us a message or email if you need a hand with anything else, that's what we're here for. Jess
I am very sorry to say that the blanket had a smell I didn‘t like - reminding of a machine or something else. Also the material felt a little strange to me - so I sent it back. It might be fine for outdoor use but in my livingroom it was not what I had imagined. Very nice package and sympathetic people!
I think it’s a bit crummy to be importing your recycled blankets from India.
Hello There I was really sad to read this comment. We're very proud of our Recycled Wool blankets and how we produce them. Thanks to its natural durability, wool is known for its long lifespan. Fibres can bend up to 20,000 times before breaking (as a comparison, cotton can only bend 3,000 times). This got us thinking, how can we take advantage of this amazing feature, especially since recycling wool can be a challenge as the fibres are often too short to respin? Our solution is to blend recycled wool with longer mixed fibres saved from landfill to create a soft and durable yarn. Woven in a dense twill weave and brushed for texture, recycled wool gives you all the benefits of wool, in a sustainable blanket. What’s more, they are even machine washable. The majority of clothing that ends up in Recycling in the UK is sent to India to be recycled, so we work very closely with a fantastic community and company that manage the whole process from receiving the clothing bundles from the UK, breaking down the clothing to fibres to create the yarn to respin and weave the blankets. I hope the above answers your concerns. We have lots on information on our blankets on our website so feel free to have a browse or give us a shout if you want more information.
I did not receive the blanket?????
Hi Theresa I hope you know you can contact us directly with any issues or concerns. We are more than happy to help! Looking at your order I see you added a lovely finishing touch by having it embroidered, as you know, and as stated on our website this adds around 5- 7 days before we ship it out to you. I can see that your order is in transit on its way to you, I'll pop you a wee email with the tracking details so you can follow this for yourself.
I had to pick the blanket up the post office at the weekend. I have had to return it today as the measurements on the website were wrong . It’s half the size of the website Please see previous e mails The colours were lovely and you were apologetic but I had to go to the bother of picking it up at the post office downloading labels and then returning it
Hello Marj Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. I'm so sorry about this mishap! As you know for that particular blanket only the measurements had been incorrectly stated, we hadn't realised this until you brought this to our attention, so thank you, we have managed to fix this now. I am sorry that you were disappointed. We very carefully pack our blankets in lovely boxes, however they are too big to fit through a letterbox as I am sure you understand. That means the postal service/courier needs someone to be home when the item is being delivered and if not then they leave a card for you to rearrange delivery or collection. We assume customers appreciate this when online shopping so I am sorry it felt a bother to collect the item from the post office. We want to make things as easy as possible for customers should they need to return items so we offer the online link to a free pre paid returns label. I can assure you that this situation is not usual and not what most customers experience with us, so I am very sorry this happened and hope we have the opportunity to restore your opinion of us in the future.
Have not received our order yet. Hope it arrives before Xmas!
The Tartan Blanket Co. is rated 4.92 based on 6,528 reviews