The Tartan Blanket Co. Reviews

of reviewers recommend The Tartan Blanket Co.
Read The Tartan Blanket Co. Reviews

The Tartan Blanket Co. 5 star review on 13th November 2020
Michaela Stefanikova
The Tartan Blanket Co. 5 star review on 12th November 2020
McCol Iles
Very efficient company, came beautifully packed. Unfortunately I had to return the recycled/wool knee blanket as it was not as soft as I expected. I was very disappointed.
Hello There,

Thank you for your review and taking the time to let us know about your purchase. Although, we're sorry to hear that the blanket wasn't quite what you expected.

We're really proud of how sustainable our Recycled Wool blankets are, as they are made up of 70% Recycled Wool and 30% Recycled Mixed Fibres, that would otherwise end up in landfill. We do find that our recycled wool does soften more over time and the great thing about it is it can be popped in the washing machine on a cool wool wash which we've found helps to soften things up a little more too.

You may also find our lambswool a bit more suitable as this is super soft and feels lovely on the skin, as it comes from a lambs first sheer.

Hope this helps and please pop us an email if there's anything else we can do for you.

Warm Regards,
Nice blanket but smelled horrible. Really damp and musty. Washed three times and now a faint odour remains. Will be fine for outdoors/car but wouldn't want to put it on a bed. Emailed seller but have not had a response yet.
Hello there

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review and we're really sorry to hear about the issue with the smell.

What you’re smelling is lanolin (or “wool wax”). It’s a natural oil sheep produce that give their wool that super important waterproofing property. We soak all of our recycled wool in vegetable oil to break it down before washing, but for some woolly blankets, the lanolin scent just happens to hang around a bit longer.

We're sorry to hear that popping it in the wash doesn't seem to have helped. Usually we've found that this works a treat, however you may find airing outside will do the trick to get things freshened up for you.

Please pop us an email if there's anything else we can help with.
We're also really sorry, your email didn't seem to come through to us properly. We've had a wee look through all our inboxes just incase it got missed but if you'd like to get back in touch please email hello@tartanblanketco.com
expected something softer
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, although we're sorry to hear the Recycled Wool Blanket wasn't quite as soft as you expected.

You may find Lambswool a little bit more suitable as this is super soft and feels lovely on the skin.

If you need any help with returning the blanket please email us at hello@tartanblanketco.com and we'd be happy to pop a refund through for you.
Love the look of the 2 blankets we ordered but we dislike the smell. They have a processed or manufacturing type odor. We’re attempting to remove the smell by washing and drying them in the sun.
Hello Nora

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We really appreciate your feedback.

Our Recycled Wool can be popped in the washing machine on a cool wool wash at 30c so it might be worth giving this a try like you mentioned and this should get things freshened up for you.

Please pop us an email if there's anything else we can help with.
I emailed re an order that I have not received and I have had no acknowledgement of my email.
Hello Alan

Thanks for your feedback and we're really sorry we haven't got back to you yet.

I can see you sent us through an email yesterday afternoon so we'll be able to get back to you this morning with a reply. We've been a little busier than normal and are trying to get caught up on our emails so I apologise that you've had to wait a little longer than expected for a response.

We'll be in touch shortly and please let us know if there's anything else we can help with.
Love their scarves and blankets but disappointed with recycled wool dog blanket. Texture of cloth is not the same softness and quality as other products. It was a present so could not easily return as advised by customer services. As a dog blanket I’m sure it will do the job but be aware cloth is not the usual high quality for the cost.
Thanks for your feedback, although we're sorry to hear you were disappointed with the texture of the blanket.

We opted to create our pet blankets from the off-cuts made from our Recycled Wool Blankets as we thought this was a super responsible way to deal with wastage as we move towards becoming a more sustainable business.

We really appreciate your comments and it's something we will take into consideration in the future.
I was really excited to place my order one of the beautiful prints as a knee blanket has been on my wishlist for a while now.

However, I have to say I'm quite disappointed by how thin the lambswool blanket I've received is. The size also seems a little small for a knee blanket and is more the size of an oversized scarf. The blanket doesn't keep me warm at all.

Overall, I'm afraid to say I am very disappointed with my purchase.
Hello there,

We're very sorry to hear you were disappointed with the blanket you received.

Our knee blankets are 30" x 79" / 75cm x 200cm, including fringing*, if this doesn't sound quite right then we'd love if you contacted us at hello@tartanblanketco.com so that we can double check you haven't received the wrong item and get this all sorted for you.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.
I can't write a review in light of the fact that I'm still waiting for the product . I would appreciate some feedback on when this order was dispatched, I ordered it weeks and weeks ago . Thankyou
Michele odonnell
Hello Michelle

We're really sorry to hear your order hasn't arrived with you yet.

We've had a wee look and your order left us on 1st of July and you should have received a shipping confirmation of this too. Sometime's these can find their way into the junk mail folder.

We've had a closer look at the tracking on your order and there looks as though there has been a delay with FedEx along the way. We're so sorry about that. We'll contact FedEx in the meantime to find out what's happened and then we'll be able to get things sorted for you asap.
I bought a present to send to my son in London. I could not find a place on your website to write delivery instructions and I did not get regular updates on delivery times. Unfortunately the parcel was delivered when my son was at work and has gone back to the depot. It is a shame. I am not sure he will be able to collect it or what will happen next.
The product is great. It’s the service which is the problem!
Hello Mary

Thanks for leaving a review and sorry to hear there were some issues with receiving the order.

I've had a wee look into this and usually in this case the option to have the parcel redelivered can be arranged through Royal Mail's website, if it's not possible for the item to be collected from your local depot.

I can see we sent you a confirmation email of the order on 7th Feb when the order was placed and we also sent you a shipping confirmation email on 10th Feb. Perhaps these have found their way into your junk mail...I'm sorry you thought we hadn't kept you updated.

Just to let you know for the future, there is an "order notes" section at the checkout where you can leave instructions and any additional information we might need for your order as well. Hope this helps a little.

Please just pop us a message or email if you need a hand with anything else, that's what we're here for.

Jess
I am very sorry to say that the blanket had a smell I didn‘t like - reminding of a machine or something else. Also the material felt a little strange to me - so I sent it back. It might be fine for outdoor use but in my livingroom it was not what I had imagined. Very nice package and sympathetic people!
I think it’s a bit crummy to be importing your recycled blankets from India.
Hello There

I was really sad to read this comment. We're very proud of our Recycled Wool blankets and how we produce them.

Thanks to its natural durability, wool is known for its long lifespan. Fibres can bend up to 20,000 times before breaking (as a comparison, cotton can only bend 3,000 times).

This got us thinking, how can we take advantage of this amazing feature, especially since recycling wool can be a challenge as the fibres are often too short to respin?

Our solution is to blend recycled wool with longer mixed fibres saved from landfill to create a soft and durable yarn. Woven in a dense twill weave and brushed for texture, recycled wool gives you all the benefits of wool, in a sustainable blanket. What’s more, they are even machine washable.

The majority of clothing that ends up in Recycling in the UK is sent to India to be recycled, so we work very closely with a fantastic community and company that manage the whole process from receiving the clothing bundles from the UK, breaking down the clothing to fibres to create the yarn to respin and weave the blankets.

I hope the above answers your concerns. We have lots on information on our blankets on our website so feel free to have a browse or give us a shout if you want more information.
I did not receive the blanket?????
Hi Theresa

I hope you know you can contact us directly with any issues or concerns. We are more than happy to help!

Looking at your order I see you added a lovely finishing touch by having it embroidered, as you know, and as stated on our website this adds around 5- 7 days before we ship it out to you.

I can see that your order is in transit on its way to you, I'll pop you a wee email with the tracking details so you can follow this for yourself.
I had to pick the blanket up the post office at the weekend. I have had to return it today as the measurements on the website were wrong . It’s half the size of the website Please see previous e mails The colours were lovely and you were apologetic but I had to go to the bother of picking it up at the post office downloading labels and then returning it
Hello Marj

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. I'm so sorry about this mishap!

As you know for that particular blanket only the measurements had been incorrectly stated, we hadn't realised this until you brought this to our attention, so thank you, we have managed to fix this now.

I am sorry that you were disappointed. We very carefully pack our blankets in lovely boxes, however they are too big to fit through a letterbox as I am sure you understand.

That means the postal service/courier needs someone to be home when the item is being delivered and if not then they leave a card for you to rearrange delivery or collection. We assume customers appreciate this when online shopping so I am sorry it felt a bother to collect the item from the post office.

We want to make things as easy as possible for customers should they need to return items so we offer the online link to a free pre paid returns label.

I can assure you that this situation is not usual and not what most customers experience with us, so I am very sorry this happened and hope we have the opportunity to restore your opinion of us in the future.
Have not received our order yet. Hope it arrives before Xmas!
I was disappointed with the colour and texture I had hoped for something finer in the weave and the colour was harsher than expected. So I have returned it for a refund. Sorry
I ordered a Scarf as a present. Apparently it never arrived......such a shame as I have always found the company very good in the past, but something seems to have gone wrong this time.
Hello Claire, I'm sorry to hear that the parcel never reached the recipient. I've had a wee look at the tracking information and it looks like it was collected. I will contact Royal Mail to see if they can provide any further information so we can get to the bottom of this - Hayleigh
Have not heard any more information since 6.22am 6/6/2018 which said for the 3rd time that it has left the UK
Hello Jeanette, We're finding orders to Australia by Airmail typically take 7-12 working days. We're just at 5 working days just now so may be a little longer. Do let us know when with you ~Rachel
Bought 3 blankets expecting them to be soft and bouncy. Unfortunately, they were not soft although they were bouncy. The blanket thickness was good. Unfortunately, just a bit on the rough side.

Delivery was super fast and the return was simple.
Hello Frances, thank you for your review. Our New Wool are a chunkier, thicker weave making them super warm and cosy. These tend to be a little fuzzier to the touch. If you're looking for something really lovely and soft Lambswool would be just perfect for you. If you have any questions about the different wool types we have please be in touch. Delighted you found our service fast and efficient, we try our best - Hayleigh
Hello,

I still have not received my package to date. The payment has been debited to my bank account.
I hope to receive it this week, because I'm worried.
Thank you for reading and you will take care of an answer.

Best regards

Bonjour,

je n'ai toujours pas reçu mon colis à ce jour. Le règlement a été débité sur mon compte en banque.
J'espère le recevoir cette semaine, car je m'inquiète.
Merci pour votre lecture et que vous prendrez soin d'une réponse.

Bien cordialement
Hello Corinne,

Thanks for letting us know. Not to be worried just yet. We shipped your parcel out by Airmail. Today would have been the first day due for delivery. Airmail is usually 5-7 working days but is taking longer at the moment due to high volumes. If the parcel doesn't reach you by the end of the week, I'd perhaps be concerned. We'll check in and make sure you have it at the end of the week ~Rachel
Not as soft as I expected, a little inflexible and what they don't put in big letters is that the care instructions indicate that it is to be dry cleaned.
So no, not particularly happy
Hi Mr Ormerod,
Its so sad to hear that you are not impressed with your order with us. The classic blankets are made from new wool which is taken from the first shearing of the season so its not quite as soft as a lambswool but we think they are still nice and thick and cosy. We do not mean to mis-lead any one at all with the description with the care instructions. All of our blankets require different cleaning methods to keep them looking their best so we have written "Washable as per label" to avoid confusion. I can see though that this is not very clear and we already have our products team working on the description to make this better.
I really do hope you decide to keep the blanket, but if you would rather send this back in to us for a full refund or an exchange you are more than welcome to do so, please just let me know and I can arrange this for you, my email is info@tartanblanketco.com ~ Sam
The Tartan Blanket Co. is rated 4.92 based on 5,134 reviews