The Tartan Blanket Co Reviews

Read The Tartan Blanket Co Reviews

info@tartanblanketco.com

170B Great Junction Street

Tell us how The Tartan Blanket Co made you happy
I am very sorry to say that the blanket had a smell I didn‘t like - reminding of a machine or something else. Also the material felt a little strange to me - so I sent it back. It might be fine for outdoor use but in my livingroom it was not what I had imagined. Very nice package and sympathetic people!
I think it’s a bit crummy to be importing your recycled blankets from India.
Hello There

I was really sad to read this comment. We're very proud of our Recycled Wool blankets and how we produce them.

Thanks to its natural durability, wool is known for its long lifespan. Fibres can bend up to 20,000 times before breaking (as a comparison, cotton can only bend 3,000 times).

This got us thinking, how can we take advantage of this amazing feature, especially since recycling wool can be a challenge as the fibres are often too short to respin?

Our solution is to blend recycled wool with longer mixed fibres saved from landfill to create a soft and durable yarn. Woven in a dense twill weave and brushed for texture, recycled wool gives you all the benefits of wool, in a sustainable blanket. What’s more, they are even machine washable.

The majority of clothing that ends up in Recycling in the UK is sent to India to be recycled, so we work very closely with a fantastic community and company that manage the whole process from receiving the clothing bundles from the UK, breaking down the clothing to fibres to create the yarn to respin and weave the blankets.

I hope the above answers your concerns. We have lots on information on our blankets on our website so feel free to have a browse or give us a shout if you want more information.
I did not receive the blanket?????
Hi Theresa

I hope you know you can contact us directly with any issues or concerns. We are more than happy to help!

Looking at your order I see you added a lovely finishing touch by having it embroidered, as you know, and as stated on our website this adds around 5- 7 days before we ship it out to you.

I can see that your order is in transit on its way to you, I'll pop you a wee email with the tracking details so you can follow this for yourself.
I had to pick the blanket up the post office at the weekend. I have had to return it today as the measurements on the website were wrong . It’s half the size of the website Please see previous e mails The colours were lovely and you were apologetic but I had to go to the bother of picking it up at the post office downloading labels and then returning it
Hello Marj

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. I'm so sorry about this mishap!

As you know for that particular blanket only the measurements had been incorrectly stated, we hadn't realised this until you brought this to our attention, so thank you, we have managed to fix this now.

I am sorry that you were disappointed. We very carefully pack our blankets in lovely boxes, however they are too big to fit through a letterbox as I am sure you understand.

That means the postal service/courier needs someone to be home when the item is being delivered and if not then they leave a card for you to rearrange delivery or collection. We assume customers appreciate this when online shopping so I am sorry it felt a bother to collect the item from the post office.

We want to make things as easy as possible for customers should they need to return items so we offer the online link to a free pre paid returns label.

I can assure you that this situation is not usual and not what most customers experience with us, so I am very sorry this happened and hope we have the opportunity to restore your opinion of us in the future.
Have not received our order yet. Hope it arrives before Xmas!
I was disappointed with the colour and texture I had hoped for something finer in the weave and the colour was harsher than expected. So I have returned it for a refund. Sorry
I ordered a Scarf as a present. Apparently it never arrived......such a shame as I have always found the company very good in the past, but something seems to have gone wrong this time.
Hello Claire, I'm sorry to hear that the parcel never reached the recipient. I've had a wee look at the tracking information and it looks like it was collected. I will contact Royal Mail to see if they can provide any further information so we can get to the bottom of this - Hayleigh
Have not heard any more information since 6.22am 6/6/2018 which said for the 3rd time that it has left the UK
Hello Jeanette, We're finding orders to Australia by Airmail typically take 7-12 working days. We're just at 5 working days just now so may be a little longer. Do let us know when with you ~Rachel
Bought 3 blankets expecting them to be soft and bouncy. Unfortunately, they were not soft although they were bouncy. The blanket thickness was good. Unfortunately, just a bit on the rough side. Delivery was super fast and the return was simple.
Hello Frances, thank you for your review. Our New Wool are a chunkier, thicker weave making them super warm and cosy. These tend to be a little fuzzier to the touch. If you're looking for something really lovely and soft Lambswool would be just perfect for you. If you have any questions about the different wool types we have please be in touch. Delighted you found our service fast and efficient, we try our best - Hayleigh
Hello, I still have not received my package to date. The payment has been debited to my bank account. I hope to receive it this week, because I'm worried. Thank you for reading and you will take care of an answer. Best regards Bonjour, je n'ai toujours pas reçu mon colis à ce jour. Le règlement a été débité sur mon compte en banque. J'espère le recevoir cette semaine, car je m'inquiète. Merci pour votre lecture et que vous prendrez soin d'une réponse. Bien cordialement
Hello Corinne,

Thanks for letting us know. Not to be worried just yet. We shipped your parcel out by Airmail. Today would have been the first day due for delivery. Airmail is usually 5-7 working days but is taking longer at the moment due to high volumes. If the parcel doesn't reach you by the end of the week, I'd perhaps be concerned. We'll check in and make sure you have it at the end of the week ~Rachel
Not as soft as I expected, a little inflexible and what they don't put in big letters is that the care instructions indicate that it is to be dry cleaned. So no, not particularly happy
Hi Mr Ormerod,
Its so sad to hear that you are not impressed with your order with us. The classic blankets are made from new wool which is taken from the first shearing of the season so its not quite as soft as a lambswool but we think they are still nice and thick and cosy. We do not mean to mis-lead any one at all with the description with the care instructions. All of our blankets require different cleaning methods to keep them looking their best so we have written "Washable as per label" to avoid confusion. I can see though that this is not very clear and we already have our products team working on the description to make this better.
I really do hope you decide to keep the blanket, but if you would rather send this back in to us for a full refund or an exchange you are more than welcome to do so, please just let me know and I can arrange this for you, my email is info@tartanblanketco.com ~ Sam
The Tartan Blanket Co is rated 4.92 based on 3,503 reviews