Stone Deals Reviews

Stone Deals 5 star review on 10th September 2021
Stone Deals 5 star review on 4th June 2021
Stone Deals 5 star review on 21st April 2021
Customer
I ordered white Carrara marble tiles for my hallway as well as some basket weave tiles. The whole experience has been a nightmare. Firstly I was told my order could not be delivered to my house , even tho I paid £70 for delivery. After many phone calls I had to get it delivered to a nearby address and transport the tiles myself. The company suggested it was due to overhanging trees on my road, where the lorry would be too large. This was odd as if this was the case, they could provide a smaller van, as with other deliveries as I only ordered around 10 sqm. The tiles arrived and I have noticed the tiles are cracked in many places , I rang them and spoke to Faye. I have been told I should have told the delivery driver to wait and checked each tile on the pallet ( the driver didn’t even get a signature and drove off dumping the heavy pallet on my driveway). I have now been told I can get a replacement for the damaged tiles if I pay delivery. No refund for them, no suggestion they will pay for delivery. Please go elsewhere
"Dear Ms Kaur, we thank you again for your order with us. We would kindly like to remind you that upon checking your initial delivery address, we respectfully informed yourself that the third party haulier driver will not go into your lane due to over hanging trees, we then offered yourself a full refund for your order as these kind of driver decisions is out of our control. The delivery address change was requested by yourself and not a suggestion by us. In regards to damage reporting, we did kindly explain before dispatching your order that hauliers do not (understandably) take responsibility for any damages after they leave any delivery site, this is because of the highly fragile nature of the items being delivered and it can not be determined by them that the damages occurred during the delivery process and not after delivery when being handled therefore, they do apply delivery charges for the replacements, which was agreed to be sent out to yourself free of charge even though we will not be able to put in a claim for them ourselves."
Stone slab at bottom of pallet arrived cracked. Very thin compressible material between each layer so a breakage was not surprising. Delivery driver left pallet on pavement and walked off without getting signature. I was informed that as the damage was not mentioned on the delivery note I should take it from the 10% extra I was advised to order for "trimming and breakages". I expected 100% of the order to arrive. Not impressed and will go elsewhere next time. I do not recommend this company nor their automated customer service.
Dear Customer, We are again sorry that you have received 1 damaged tile within your order. Regardless of how well we package all our orders, unfortunately due to the highly fragile nature of natural stones, damages do sometimes occur during the haulage process. In such cases where the damaged number of items are so small which does not affect the actual installations, we do offer a refund, which was also the case here, this is something you have not mentioned in your review. You will receive your full refund for the damaged tile back into the payment method used to pay for your order. For any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
sent wrong items
Dear Customer, Thank you for your review. After checking photos, we are certain that the correct items have been shipped. Please get in touch with us with more information.
I was left rather shocked by the lack of business acumen, professionalism and customer care when dealing with this company. I was interested in placing a rather large order and was advised, after calling, to send an email with my requirements. I also inquired whether discounts would be available and I was assured that would be the case after checking with their third party suppliers. I dutifully sent my email and waited. I promptly received an automated email saying that the covid crisis does not affect their service levels. After 4 days of silence, I asked again and received a response requesting more information. I promptly responded and waited again. After 10 days, I had to chase again and finally received a quote, immediately after my email. The quote was for 50p less per sq metre plus a whopping £200 delivery charge. So, after having been made to wait for 10 days, I received a discount of some £60 for some 120 sq metres compared to the website and a £200 delivery charge which is not stated on the website. By getting in touch with them I lost 10 days and had to pay an extra £140 compared to my assessment via the website. I cannot accept that I wasted 10 days and that literally nothing happened without my chasing. Also, if no discounts are available, why not say that on the initial call? If this is the discount that every customer gets (as I was told on the final call), why not say that on the initial call? If covid affects the service levels (as I was told on the last call), why send an automated message saying it does not? The person I dealt with (Faye) was also disrespectful, uncaring, unfriendly and lacking any sort of enthusiasm, which I do not expect from a specialist tiling company. I was also told that my business is not required, they still receive plenty of orders. Never ever have I had such a ridiculous interaction with any company I dealt with. Never have I had to literally slam the phone down. Horrid. If I have to crawl to Italy and chisel the marble with my bare hands, I will never order from or recommend this company. Also, as a minor aside, all samples I ever received were pretty much crumbled to dust.
Dear Customer, Thank you for your review. We have taken your comments very seriously and spoken to the relevant team in regards to what may have possibly gone wrong that led to this poor review. As all the other companies around the world, we are also trying to adapt to the new normal and trying our best in terms of quality of products & level of service we provide. The sales team has confirmed that their intention has never been treat anyone disrespectfully, although sometimes due to work load & conditions, there may be miscommunications and misunderstandings between parties. If we have fell short on our service levels or if our actions led to any misunderstandings, we do apologise and will make sure not to repeat these again.
i would i gave this -5 really bad service they delivered my items and had 3 boxes missing of tiled phoned them on tuesday, wednesday and thursday and they said they still looking into it cost me more money as the tiler is working and is going to finish the job today as it would have delayed my work waiting for this company to get back to me. really poor DO NOT USE THEM
Dear customer, Thank you for your feedback. The number of missing boxes were reported after 8 days of delivery. After our investigation we have concluded that correct number of boxes were delivered. We have spoken to the delivery driver, who handed the boxes himself, checked the photos of the goods prior to dispatch which shows the correct number of boxes. Stock levels are also what they should be. We have now concluded that the correct number of boxes was sent and delivered to yourselves and think that a possible misplacement of the 3 boxes mentioned is the more probable reason for your concern in regards to the missing boxes.
Recently placed order for current project. Transaction went through and money taken from account. Builder contacted and booked to fit patio in light of pending order. We were then contacted 4days later to say tiles not available. No goodwill offer inspite of my cost of rebooking a builder and unsatisfactory response with regard to £650 deduction from my account with no available product! Shocking procedure!
Customer placed an order with us on our website on Thursday 29th March 2018 around 9.00pm, while we were closed until Tuesday morning for Easter Break. The customer apparently booked builders even though the stock info on our website displayed as "Low Stock". On Tuesday morning, we advised the customer that the product is not enough for the order as it is low in stock, offered alternatives however customer requested unreasonable compensation and discount requests for more expensive products, which we could not accept. Finally a full refund has been initiated today. We always advise our customers not to book any builders until the goods are delivered to their door. We are publicly replying to this review, as it does not reflect on our services in a fair way.
Terrible terrible do not buy stone from here. They delivered in 2 batches and the stone was completely different. THIS WAS NOT A NATURAL VARIATION BUT Instead was COMPLETELY DIFFERENT COLOUR AND APPEARANCE. They refused to help or even acknowledge fault and did not even return our calls. Please note I have fitted natural stone flooring before and appreciate natural differences but this was completely different stone. Never buy from here.
Hi, On the 2nd delivery (continuation) apparently the customer received darker material, customer sent us some photos before fixing, the photos were close up and we could not spot anything wrong. As we gave from the same pallet, we did not think that the colours would be different. After the tiler laid the tiles, the customer complained that the colours are not right. This time they sent photos from a distance where we can see a difference. We said no problem, we will send free tiles, even though the tiles are laid. Now customer is after more compensation which we do not agree, hence the review. We always advise our customers, if you think there is a problem, DO NOT attempt to fix the tiles. Thanks.
Hopeless - delivery promised forctuesday this week. It never arrived and nobody called me. I've had to pay off a wallboard £180 for an abortive day. Help. Chris Cooper 07977471216
Hi, Apologies that you have had a problem with our delivery service. However we have checked our records and can confirm that the delivery was on time. As the delivery address was a hospital, we believe you were not advised when the delivery arrived.
Appalled by stone deals attitude ,rude , unhelpful and the manageress a miss or Mrs Patel was completely out of her depth when dealing with customer complaints and overall was pretty clueless. We paid £409 for 50 limestone tiles the courier company delivered on the day they said they would. The pallet of tiles were badly stacked and after a struggle to get the pallet off the lorry I started to have a look at the tiles which were stacked vertically I signed no delivery note as the tiles had not yet been checked.The courier company left and I started to carry the tiles into the house after about 20 tiles worth I came across 4 broken tiles ,emailed and phoned stone deals to let them know and at first they wanted to know if we could use them as off cuts ,we said we couldn't .Eventually they agreed to replace the 4tiles after we had emailed photos of the broken tiles over to them but said we would have to pay another £50 delivery charge. we refused as we had already paid £50 delivery for the 50 tiles in the first place now 4 tiles short for our bathroom, legal action now being taken against the company .DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY
Apologies that you have had a problem with our products an services. We have checked the case again, and found out that our staff has handled the situation in a reasonably way. - We offered the customer free replacements which can be collected from our warehouse - We offered full refund on the damages Both have been declined by the customer who claimed that they need exactly 50 tiles to finish the project and they cannot collect from our warehouse. However we always recommend our customers to purchase slightly extra (10% recommended) just in case there are issues due to transport or installation so they do not run out of tiles. Even though the transport company is not accepting any claims, to keep the customer happy we are arranging replacements at our own expense and we have got in touch with the customer.
Paid for and expected delivery of seconds floor tiles ordered on eBay after confirming amount required by email only to be told via email later they could no longer supply as another person had purchased and would we like to pay more money for new tiles advertised on eBay. Advised would refund without my consent. Advised I would accept the new stock at same cost only. Refused to send floor tiles required. Poor customer service with no emphasis on satisfaction and a total disregard of contractural obligations. Would not use this company in future
Apologies that you have had a bad experience with your purchase. We have checked with our sales office and the product was Faulty Products (Seconds) as advertised on eBay. And as the price is very competitive, the stocks are going very fast therefore the sales office does not have real time information on the "Seconds" stocks. After your purchase, the sales operator realised that the stock was already sold and we have refunded the money back straight away. Alternatively we have offered the non - faulty tiles at discounted price which was not accepted by the customer. Apologies again however the faulty stocks we are selling are 1st come 1st serve basis.
Stone Deals is rated 4.69 based on 474 reviews