Stone Deals Reviews

of reviewers recommend Stone Deals
Read Stone Deals Reviews

info@stonedeals.co.uk

Tell us how Stone Deals made you happy
Everything was going really well before delivery - good communications, good pricing, good support - but from delivery onward, it all went downhill. I know the delivery is outsourced but you and your courier aren't singing from the same hymn sheet and I've heard nothing from you following my report of damaged goods. Which is a shame because the product itself is fabulous.
The communication & ordering was first class. We did have three tiles with the corners broken on delivery. That’s nothing to do with the supplier. We do have a few cuts to make so hopefully can make do with what we have.
Slates were a reasonable price and arrived very quickly, but at least one was broken. As a newcomer I found the ordering system confusing, and the person on the 'helpline' was rude and patronising.
Dear Customer, Thank you for your review. Our ordering is very easy and gives all the necessary information before checkout. We are getting positive feedback from many clients, however if you have any suggestions, we can always improve. In regards to our colleague being "rude", we have spoken to our staff and no one recalls this kind of conversation however if we acted differently than how we intended to, we sincerely apologise.
Very disappointed that the delivery was just a man with a pump truck, I spent £40 on ply would to ensure he would place the crate where I needed but he didn’t use the and left the crate in the middle of my drive. The adhesive bag was damaged and leaking and when I complained I got told that will be ok just keep it dry no offer of a replacement
Stone Deals 3 star review on 18th April 2021
Dear Customer, Many thanks for your review. Please note that every customer needs to fill in a delivery site questionnaire before checkout and since you answered Yes to Gravel on site, we liased with yourselves before the dispatched of the goods. We cannot deliver to sites where the ground is gravel and we also advise the reason for this before the checkout. If you still wish to go ahead with the delivery, you need to make sure the site is prepared for the delivery of heavy pallets. In the case of adhesive bag, it was just a small tear and the bag was generally intact. As you may remember, we were asked if the adhesive will get effected by the tear to which we had then mentioned if stored in a dry none humid area the content of the bag will not be effected. therefore no replacement is required in this case. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
5 tiles bust in individual boxes so bit of money wasted
Dear customer, thank you for your feedback. Please get in touch with us for this incident as we do not have much information. It is sometimes possible some tiles get damaged during transport, therefore we recommend all of our customers to order 5-10% more, not just transport breakages, for future use or change of plans to avoid extra costs. Thank you again.
Price for the tiles were reasonable, however price for delivery was very expensive, I wanted a Saturday delivery but had to choose next day then Saturday delivery even though Saturday was not the next day, this cost an extra £20 for next day (which I didn't need), plus £50 for Saturday so £70 extra in top of £96 for delivery already = £166 for delivery. I chose a PM delivery but got a number of calls from the lorry driver as he wanted to deliver AM so ended up getting them at 11am even though we didn't choose this as our option. One packet of tiles were cracked and I reported this on the delivery note but no contact to see if I wanted another pack sending to replace it. Some of the tiles have huge holes filled with what looks like blue-tac so hoping we don't have to use those ones as we ordered extra. Overall though the tiles are beautiful and we are pleased with them.
The tiles arrived with a few chips and cracks on some tiles, when I spoke to the customer service they were some what helpful but would only offer to exchange the tiles if I took them to there suppliers warehouse which was 110 miles away from where I live. They would only exchange if they deemed them unusable and insisted I use them for cut.
Dear customer, thank you for your comments. We need to correct some of the comments made here in regards to the transaction: Customer reported breakages, after confirming whether some can be used for cuts, corners, the customer requested some number of tiles for replacement. One of our colleagues lives only 10-20 miles far away so we asked if they could meet at a closer location for exchange. Then customer requested that he does not know how many tiles to replace, he wants to go through all the tiles when our colleague arrives. We said this is not possible as our colleague has not got a van. Customer then called us that the replacements will not be needed, if he needs he will come to the warehouse for exchange. We did what we could to help the customer for this transaction.
Overall satisfied with product ..o th her than its called black slate and it's more blue
Have not laid them yet and still awaiting for a pattern layout. They weren't packed very good and may I suggest that different sizes are packed together to take the weight of the smallest ones which are at the bottom. We had ONE broken, a photo was taken by delivery man
Dear Customer, We have checked the details and the pattern layout was sent as soon as requested, the information is also displayed on our website. From what we understand, you do not have a tiler and trying to do this job on your own, hence you'd like to know more about laying this pattern. This is a standard pattern and a competent tiler will have no problem in repeating the pattern displayed on our website therefore we suggest to hire a tiler as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
The service from stone deals was excellent and the tiles were delivered on time as promised. The office staff were very helpful. Unfortunately, however, the product was not so good. I should have known - you get what you pay for - but the quality of the limestone tile was not great. In particular, the tiles weren't actually cut square so the job took our tiler an extra two days' work because he had to trim them all to make the floor look neat. The difference in the lengths of the diagonals of a 600mm tile varied by up to 15mm! Be warned! Given the option again I would go for a more expensive tile.
Dear customer, thank you for your feedback. We checked the product you have purchased and we are surprised that you have experienced a problem in this nature as we do not receive complaints of this such. Also checking the size of the material, you have purchased 610mm x 610mm tile (Not 600mm tile). Can you please clarify what the exact problem is?
Tiles are amazing and lovely quality however the delivery let them down they were poorly packaged and out of 98 tiles 9 were broken
Customer contacted us that there were damages found after delivery, we asked for pictures for our transport company but this has never been done. Customer has not got in touch with us afterwards.
Never again. Poor quality tiles. Six of them arrived broken. Too much stress having to take photos, telephone conversations, emails and days off work to meet delivery driver. The six tiles that were resent out were of much better quality and what I expected. The first batch are dull with a green moss look to the background. They must have been in the warehouse a long time. Bianco Carrera Marble is what I ordered. I'm having to reorder all tiles from another supplier as I don't want to ruin a £30,000 project
We are surprised to hear these comments, as customer bought 9m2 of Carrara Marble, they advised that 2m2 (6 tiles) are faulty and these were replaced without even collecting the claimed faulty tiles. Where the customer complains about telephone conversations, having to take photos are normal procedures for replacements, once the customer provided more evidence for the alleged faulty material, we replaced them at no extra cost. And finally we do not understand why the customer has to reorder all the tiles again where they wanted exactly 6 tiles to finish off the project? The tiles could have all returned back if they were not suitable for the project.
Wasn't happy the tiles were delivered palletised and loose. I felt they could have been at least losely bundled. Pallet had to be left on the road due to steps to my property and having to handle loose tiles made the job harder work than it should have been.
Many thanks for your review. We have checked and no problems were reported after the delivery. Also the tiles the customer purchased are loose (not boxed) and delivery was done to the kerbside (nearest point to the property) as explained to the customer before delivery.
Pre sale, StoneDeals were good but post sale they weren't very helpful when we had problems with their delivery company, hence a rating of "normal". The tiles did arrive well packed and without any breakages but when the delivery company said that they couldn't deliver to us, StoneDeals stated that we would need to pay a further £320 for delivery on top of the £290 already paid for delivery to Spain. They didn't assist in getting the delivery company to actually make the delivery and considering we have had a previous shipment of 650kg delivered to us, we know it's perfectly possible. In the end we needed to get the shipment delivered to a local construction company and had to pay them €50 to deliver to us. The tiles that we received are mostly very good but there are wildly different qualities within the order so it's just as well that we ordered quite a few more m2 than required.
Hi, Many thanks for your comments. We have checked with the transport company and they advised that there is a slope at the delivery site hence making the delivery very difficult due to the weight of the tiles. During the conversations, they recommended using a special lorry which would cost more and we passed this option the the customer. However we also tried to persuade the transport company to attempt the delivery as customer already received deliveries before to the same address. Finally we had no choice but to deliver the goods to another place where the collection from that address would be possible. Apologies for the inconvenience but unfortunately some events are beyond our control. That is why we advise all of our customers to provide as much information as possible about the delivery site or any restrictions around the area.
This is not the first time that I have purchased product from you. The first time I received 5 star service - that is why I came back to you. This time you were able to save what would have been a bit of disaster. I ordered on the basis of "4 to 5 weeks delivery" which was fine but when I phoned up for a delivery date during week 4, I was told that there were production difficulties and that you did not know when the product would be available! This is a £200k project so this was not good news. In fairness you quickly offered an alternative at a keen rate and redeemed yourselves but it would have been easier all round to have tracked the order with your supplier and given earlier warning of the difficulty and offered alternatives at the time that the problem became apparent. My old addage is that "Bad news early is better than Bad News late!" Otherwise, I remain a fan and would use you again.
Stone Deals is rated 4.69 based on 469 reviews