startrescue.co.uk Reviews

93% of reviewers recommend startrescue.co.uk

About startrescue.co.uk: startrescue.co.uk provides an award winning service at outstanding value, backed up with products you can count on!

enquiries@startrescue.co.uk

Axis CourtNorth Station Road

customer service
"Happy to take my money but will not speak to me or answer whether the phone call they keep making to me in regard of a policy I took out for my wife is important or not!!! My name on the debit card, My phone number on the system but My opinion isn't valid because I put the policy in my wife's name, what a joke."
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Typically we only discuss/reveal details to the policy holder, unless of course you have explicit consent from them, or in certain circumstances you have passed our security measures. If you are being contacted instead of the policy holder, please kindly inform the policy holder we require to speak with them. Our Customer Service Department is open Monday - Friday 08:00 until 20:00, Saturday 09:00 until 17:00 and Sunday 11:00 until 17:00. All contact options are detailed within the 'Contact' section on our website, you can even provide your details through the website and we will contact you at a time to suit you. With best wishes, the startrescue.co.uk team.
"Could you actually send me details of my cover as this page I have opened is not of much use to me. The breakdown cover was purchased for myself by my father from my home address in Basingstoke .Have no details or emergency numbers to ring .Many thanks ."
Dear Mrs Ball, we tried to contact you today to discuss your review, we are sorry we missed you. We have resent your document details onto you via email, this will include the contact number for you to call should you require our services. If we can be of any further assistance please don’t hesitate to contact our Customer Service Department Monday - Friday 08:00 until 20:00, Saturday 09:00 until 17:00 and Sunday 11:00 until 17:00 With best wishes, the startrescue.co.uk Team
"I wanted standard cover with a European trip, I think thats what I have ordered but it was unclear from your layout if they were separate products or bundled together. When I clicked to buy, it was still unclear from the documentation. When I looked at term, I was instructed to look at the cover document, but there was no document in the list that had that name which was confusing. In the documentation, you seem to use one document and let the user work out what they get based on your star rating. This is lazy, work out how to list the cover based on what is in the basket. I'm still not sure I have got the correct cover."
Dear startrescue.co.uk customer, we are sorry to find your comments. In order to provide clarification on the cover you have purchased we would appreciate if you could contact our Customer Services department in order for us to look into this further for you. We are open Monday - Friday 08:00 until 20:00, Saturday 09:00 until 17:00 and Sunday 11:00 until 17:00. All contact options are detailed within the 'Contact' section on our website, you can even provide your details through the website and we will contact you at a time to suit you. With best wishes, the startrescue.co.uk team.
"It seems I need 5 Star level, and need this stated on the policy wording, yet it does not appear to be"
"took multiple payments from acount not awsering phone to rectify"
Dear startrescue.co.uk customer, we are sorry to find your comments. We would like to investigate your experience further for you in relation to the multiple payments and would be grateful if you could contact us. In relation to not getting through to us, if we are experiencing a high call volume then you will be presented with an option to remain in your position in the queue, and we will call you back. We are open Monday - Friday 08:00 until 20:00, Saturday 09:00 until 17:00 and Sunday 11:00 until 17:00. All contact options are detailed within the 'Contact' section on our website, you can even provide your details through the website and we will contact you at a time to suit you. With best wishes, the startrescue.co.uk team.
"Not to bad on price but disappointed my price went from £31 to £55 just because my car went from 10 years old to 11 years old,"
Dear Mr Allen, please be advised our policies are priced based on the age of your vehicle, we have 5 different age categories. 0 - 5 years old, 6 - 10 years old, 11 - 15 years old, 16 - 19 years old and 20 and above. We hope this provides some clarification as to why your renewal was higher this year, If you would like to discuss anything further please contact us, we are open Monday - Friday 08:00 until 20:00, Saturday 09:00 until 17:00 and Sunday 11:00 until 17:00. All contact options are detailed within the 'Contact' section on our website, you can even provide your details through the website and we will contact you at a time to suit you. With best wishes, the startrescue.co.uk team.
"I was most unimpressed when I found out that you were not prepared to send me a hard copy of my policy details. Not everybody has a printer !! and you still refused to send it to me by post. Not a good start to our relationship !"
Dear Miss Crisford, we are sorry to find your comments. Please be advised we are an internet based company and in order for us to keep our premiums at a completive price we provide as much online support to our customers as possible, for example the customer lounge, mobile app, and email distribution options. I hope this provide some clarification, however if you would like to discuss this further then please don’t hesitate to contact our Customer Service Department Monday - Friday 08:00 until 20:00, Saturday 09:00 until 17:00 and Sunday 11:00 until 17:00. All contact options are detailed within the 'Contact' section on our website, you can even provide your details through the website and we will contact you at a time to suit you. With best wishes, the startrescue.co.uk team.
"Start Rescue were close to the top of a recent comparison website in terms of cost however when proceeding to the actual start rescue site the price for the same product increased by 30% stating that this was added because my car was actually 1 year younger than what I had stipulated in the questions section (I rounded the age up). Not sure how my car being newer makes the price dearer."
Dear startrescue.co.uk customer, we are sorry to find your comments. Our prices are driven by the age of your vehicle, unfortunately when you entered a rounded up age this determined the price you were presented with, however upon being directed to our website it corrected the age of your vehicle resulting in the correct price being shown based on the age of your vehicle. We hope this provides some clarification, however if you would like to discuss anything further, please don’t hesitate to contact our Customer Service Department Monday - Friday 08:00 until 20:00, Saturday 09:00 until 17:00 and Sunday 11:00 until 17:00 with best wishes, the startrescue.co.uk Team.
"I am unable to give a review as I have only just joined. I do think to take my payment before my rescue is due to start on 6th February is a bit optimistic."
"After much hard work on my account you reduced the renewal rate from £55 to £31"
"Too many documents and fine print. It makes you wonder what will happen if you do break down. Surely this can be rationalized? You need to issue a credit card sized card for use in an emergency (just like the RAC do) and not have to carry around a vulnerable sheet (or sheets!) of paper. Additionally you have too few options as to title e.g. I am a professor but what about doctors, knights of the realm, reverends, etc. This just makes you look amateurish!"
Dear startrescue.co.uk customer, thank you for taking the time to comment and leave a review. Your comments will be passed on to the relevant team and any recommendations you have made will be considered for future development. Please don’t hesitate to contact our Customer Service Department if there is anything further our team can help with. We are open Monday - Friday 08:00 until 20:00, Saturday 09:00 until 17:00 and Sunday 11:00 until 17:00 with best wishes, the startrescue.co.uk Team
"Did not renew.automatically despite me putting my new debit card number in so I lost my renewal discount"
Dear startrescue.co.uk customer, we are sorry to find your comments. We would like to investigate your experience further for you. We may also be able to still apply your loyalty discount. We would be grateful if you could contact our Customer Service Department Monday - Friday 08:00 until 20:00, Saturday 09:00 until 17:00 and Sunday 11:00 until 17:00. All contact options are detailed within the 'Contact' section on our website, you can even provide your details through the website and we will contact you at a time to suit you. With best wishes, the startrescue.co.uk team.
"Whilst it was very easy to sign up for Start Rescue and the cost of the breakdown insurance was very new once I had paid the premium and read the terms and conditions it came as a shock to discover such things as punctures are not covered and there was an excess to pay for every callout. Therefore I messaged Start Rescue to say I wanted to cancel the policy. At the time of writing this review (2 days later) I am still awaiting acknowledgement that the policy has been cancelled and my payment refunded."
Dear startrescue.co.uk customer, thank you for taking the time to comment and leave a review, I can see from our records we have been trying to make contact with you, however have been unsuccessful on occasions. I’d like to clarify that we do cover punctures along with the terms and conditions of your policy, and none of our policies have an excess to pay. We would be grateful if you could contact us so we can discuss and clarify this further with you. Please don’t hesitate to contact our Customer Service Department Monday - Friday 08:00 until 20:00, Saturday 09:00 until 17:00 and Sunday 11:00 until 17:00 with best wishes, the startrescue.co.uk Team.
"Paid my money to join up... never heard anything since... no email.. no documents... nothing... very poor start.. hope I never break down."
Dear startrescue.co.uk customer, we are sorry to learn that our emails have not reached you. Occasionally, emails may be re-directed to spam/junk folders. Please check these folders and if our emails are not there, we would ask that you contact our Customer Services Team on 01206 655 000 Monday - Friday 08:00 until 20:00, Saturday 09:00 until 17:00 and Sunday 11:00 until 17:00 With best wishes, the startrescue.co.uk Team
Dear startrescue.co.uk customer, we are sorry to learn that our emails have not reached you. Occasionally, emails may be re-directed to spam/junk folders. Please check your spam/junk folders and if our emails are not there, we would ask that you contact our Customer Services Team on 01206 655 000 Monday - Friday 08:00 until 20:00, Saturday 09:00 until 17:00 and Sunday 11:00 until 17:00 With best wishes, the startrescue.co.uk Team
"My car specifications were showing up incorrect in the system. I had this issue the last time I tried to renew my cover and it was resolved within 15mins. This time round as I tried to explain that the issue had occurred before I found the caller to be quite rude, I spoke with her for 20mins then had to wait for other supervisors to be involved and call me back. I didn't receive a call back that day, so I had to phone back to chase and I was told that yes my cars specs were wrong and I could receive cover. I found the whole process to be quite long and rude, especially in comparison to how the same issue had been resolved the previous year. I also asked to speak with a superior about my experience as I don't want this to happen again, I was told no one was available to speak to and that a request would be made for a call back. It's been 5 days and I still haven't received that call."
Dear startrescue.co.uk customer, we tried to contact you today to discuss your review and we were sorry we missed you. We are very keen to discuss any issues you may have and therefore, please don’t hesitate to contact our Customer Service Department Monday - Friday 08:00 until 20:00, Saturday 09:00 until 17:00 and Sunday 11:00 until 17:00 With best wishes, the startrescue.co.uk Team
"Whilst the operator I spoke to was very reassuring, I am not happy that the policy details that came through (once I'd paid) clearly states no cover for vehicles 10 years or older. The operator said the website details are incorrect and that the vehicles would be covered. I really don't feel I want to argue this point when broken down. Can someone give me the reassurance in writing that the vehicles on this policy ARE covered??"
Dear startrescue.co.uk customer, thank you for taking the time to comment and leave a review. The wording you are referring to is for a totally separate product to the breakdown that is no longer available for purchase. We are sorry for any confusion this may have caused you and would be grateful if you could contact our Customer Service department so we get you through security in order for us to send you written confirmation. Our Customer Service Department is open Monday - Friday 08:00 until 20:00, Saturday 09:00 until 17:00 and Sunday 11:00 until 17:00 with best wishes, the startrescue.co.uk Team.
"Automatically re-ticked send me information box after it had been deliberately removed as my preference and will not send me policy details etc until I sign up for an account which I neither want nor need as I have managed perfectly well without one for the last 40 + years. It is like being held to ransom. Very naughty and exceptionally bad practise as I now do not trust your company."
Dear startrescue.co.uk customer, we are sorry to find your comments. Unfortunately from the information you have provided we are unable to ascertain which part of the website you are referring to. We would like to investigate your experience further for you, and would be grateful if you could contact our Customer Service Department Monday - Friday 08:00 until 20:00, Saturday 09:00 until 17:00 and Sunday 11:00 until 17:00. All contact options are detailed within the 'Contact' section on our website, you can even provide your details through the website and we will contact you at a time to suit you. With best wishes, the startrescue.co.uk team.
"I was informed that the details of my membership/ policy would be sent to me by email but nothing has come through yet other than this survey. My email address is ok so I assume it is an IT problem"
Dear startrescue.co.uk customer, thank you for taking the time to comment and leave a review. The reason for you not receiving your email straight away was due to a technical issue with our third party service, however your email has now gone through to you. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. If you would like to discuss anything further, please don’t hesitate to contact our Customer Service Department Monday - Friday 08:00 until 20:00, Saturday 09:00 until 17:00 and Sunday 11:00 until 17:00 with best wishes, the startrescue.co.uk Team.
"I was locked out of my account and when asked told that the I had blocked all Emails from you as an unsafe sender. This was not true and it is a mystery how this email reached me! If this is the case and it has meant that I have lost my customers discount."
Dear startrescue.co.uk customer, we are sorry to find your comments. We would like to investigate your experience further for you, and would be grateful if you could contact our Customer Service Department Monday - Friday 08:00 until 20:00, Saturday 09:00 until 17:00 and Sunday 11:00 until 17:00. All contact options are detailed within the 'Contact' section on our website, you can even provide your details through the website and we will contact you at a time to suit you. With best wishes, the startrescue.co.uk team.
"Good breakdown cover, but your call centre staff not friendly or helpful"
startrescue.co.uk is rated 4.57 based on 28,908 reviews