startrescue.co.uk Reviews

93% of reviewers recommend startrescue.co.uk

About startrescue.co.uk: startrescue.co.uk provides an award winning service at outstanding value, backed up with products you can count on!

enquiries@startrescue.co.uk

Axis CourtNorth Station Road

customer service
"I have joined StartRescue in 2015 and have had to use the service twice since then (two different cars). The phone operators were helpful both times, and I was lucky with the relatively short response time. The first time the mechanic arrived in about 40 minutes from the time of first call and was able to fix the car very quickly. Second time help arrived in under 60 minutes (which isn't bad for 4 in the morning) but was unable to get me going, and I had to wait another 30 minutes for the tow vehicle which took the car to my local garage (50 miles away) and also dropped me off at my home address. StartRescue rely on availability of the local roadside assistance and/or recovery service providers, so the actual response time will always depend on your location and time of the breakdown. It looks like in most of the cases this approach gives similar or even better results than companies with their own fleet of recovery vehicles can achieve."
"StartRescue is a service company promising to recover my car from breakdowns. As such, my cover starts tomorrow, and I only have a policy in my name right now. How on Earth I am suppose to review a service that has not been provided yet ??? This request for a review would make more sense after the year has passed."
"HOW CAN YOU RATE SOMETHING YOU HAVE JUST PURCHASED AND ALL YOU HAVE IS A BIT OF PAPER TO SAY YOU HAVE A POLICY IF I GET TO USE THE SERVICE THEN I CAN RATE IT DOILS"
"I didnt breakdown yet. sactually havn't been out on the bike yetr but only took the policy out yesterday"
"What's to review? like all insurance, they make it very easy to take my money, but when it comes to a claim, there always seems to be some reason or other not to honour it, probably because there's a R in the month. The acid test will be if my car lets go in some fashion, then it will be time to review the product on real life experience, at the moment I've paid for an insurance breakdown/recovery service I hope not to use. Please don't feel downhearted about a one star, if it were possible I wouldn't have given any star, after all how can anyone review a product/service they haven't used?"
"Startrescue have asked me to write a review of their company. I have just bought their offering. I have no idea how well they perform as a breakdown service. Why ask me one day after I have bought a policy? I give them one star for asking."
"the best deal on the Internet having two cars and three drivers was proving expensive and then I found startrescue - hopefully we wont be needing the breakdown service - it's for peace of mind at a fordable cost, I will be recommending startrescue"
"I bought a European short trip breakdown policy. The policy document I was provided had a number of coverage levels, the exact one determined by that stated on my policy schedule. Unfortunately, the description on my policy schedule did not match any of those in the policy document. When I called them, I was assured that I was afforded the highest level described in the policy document, however, they were unable to provide this in writing. I have therefore have been left buying a policy without any written evidence or otherwise of the cover I have been given. A fundamental omission for an insurance policy which casts doubt over this company's competence if they are unable to get something this basic right.........."
"Firstly please be aware that my review is based only on the cost, features and ease of taking up vehicle breakdown cover with Start Rescue as I have yet to use them in a breakdown situation. My review: 1) Cost of vehicle breakdown cover: in a word BRILLIANT! Who else could offer a comprehensive level of breakdown cover for very keen prices? Certainly not big boys such as the AA which after 15 years of loyalty didn't want to keep my business by price matching. With Start Rescue I now have the *same* level of brakedown cover for two vehicles at a much more palettable cost. 2) Level of cover: as I never drive abroad the 3* cover yields the same level of service as others at a fraction of the cost. There's even other fluff added such as key cover and legal expense cover, but the requirements that I wanted of at home cover, roadside repair and rescue are all there. Great stuff! 3) Ease of application: again a very enjoyable experience though their Web site. I was able to load my and my wife's vehicle details up quickly and get the level of cover required very easily. You're documents are on line so download them for your records. Perhaps a nice additional would be to allow you to print a copy of the "what to do if you breakdown" instructions with your policy number in a handy wallet/purse sized print out (I did this myself however). I particularly like the smartphone app (Android in my case) which eases the process of reporting your breakdown should one occur (paper wallet/purse copy always handy though!), however not sure I could trust it unless I spoke to someone to confirm my breakdown was logged though. In conclusion Start Rescue appear to be offering *very* good value for money with a brilliant range of cover levels, and although they use independent contractors to actually deal with your breakdown the concensus of other reviews seems this is only a positive (and actually seems to be more customer focused than the recovery service the big boys offer!). However as mentioned above I have yet to actually use any breakdown cover service, so can only hope that Start Rescue lives up to their promises and rave reviews."
"The cover doesn't start until Tomorrow, so we can't really comment. However the price seems reasonable and so do the terms and conditions. Service wise, the jury is still out."
"Downloaded details of Proposed policy- note that the automatic renewal box had already been filled in? Took out the automatic renewal tick as I don't like automatic renewals of any kind. Feel that this box should arrive empty. Do hope that my non automatic renewal request will be honoured. B.H."
Dear Mr Houghton, Please be assured if you have opted out of the automatic renewal process then your policy will not automatically renew. If you would like us to look into this further for you then please don’t hesitate to contact our Customer Service Department Monday - Friday 08:00 until 20:00, Saturday 09:00 until 17:00 and Sunday 11:00 until 17:00. All contact options are detailed within the 'Contact' section on our website, you can even provide your details through the website and we will contact you at a time to suit you. With best wishes, the startrescue.co.uk team.
"Very good service, fast recovery, full help and diagnostic. Before car get garage I had all information about my car and what exactly makes problem, CVS24 this is perfect recovery service . Thank you very much. I hope you all have a good day.😊"
"Joined due to a recommendation by a friend. The joining set-up was straightforward and the agent courteous and helpful. Time will tell if the rest of the organisation lives up to expectation. They cannot however be any worse than the RAC."
"Great value and simple straightforward website. Will review again after using the service. Kind regards Brian"
"This is just for signing up to Startrescue. It was very easy."
"The person I spoke with was very polite and lovely,which makes a change"
"Price ,good communication,and ease to download the documents."
"Have been a member a few years .had to be rescued on motorways. Had several calls to see we were ok and home safe. Great service."
"Buying a product is the easy bit - so far so good and a good price - but where's all the reviews on your website from those who have had to USE the services promised and their opinions of the QUALITY of the product? That's the bit that really counts..."
Dear startrescue.co.uk customer, thank you for taking the time to comment and leave a review, we have a link on our website which takes you to reviewcentre.com where your able to see customer reviews based on the service they received when they broken down. I will pass your comments on to the relevant and will consider your feedback for future development. If you would like to discuss anything further, please don’t hesitate to contact our Customer Service Department Monday - Friday 08:00 until 20:00, Saturday 09:00 until 17:00 and Sunday 11:00 until 17:00 with best wishes, the startrescue.co.uk Team.
"It was easy to do on line, the price was right, my friend recommended you, very happy 😃"
startrescue.co.uk is rated 4.57 based on 28,624 reviews