Smart Cover Insurance Reviews

Based on 693 reviews
Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Read Smart Cover Insurance Reviews

About Smart Cover Insurance:

Smart Cover Insurance, provides appliance insurance for TV's, Satellite, Kitchen appliances, Gadgets' and Mobile phones.

Tell us how Smart Cover Insurance made you happy
Don’t waste your money on this insurance my toilet was leaking they told me it was due to maintenance and refused to fix it
What an absolute RIP off don't waste your money. Got leak under sink rang for to be informed they'll just turn off and then I'll have to pay for a plumber to fix. Isn't the whole idea of insurance for them to fix .. definately never renew with these...
Terrible fraud company, not so smart after all, Smart Cover Insurance. I wanted to get my boiler fixed as had no hot water or heating, so called Smart Cover. They denied I had boiler policy cover (I had both on my email and I hard copy certificate including it). I called them back to deal with my claim which they tried hard to deny but they need evidence of my last service. So I tried to call my previous insurance company, due to covid they had staff shortage nut they finally managed to get the doc for me. FINALLY I get an engineer who used the manual, called several friends and told me 3 different parts were needed before settling on one. An expensive one. After chasing for whole day I finally get a call back to confirm next steps. £560 for a gas valve, I’ll have to pay for the costs after £280. The firm then say if the boiler still has problems that I’ll be liable for any extra call out charges and parts... Speak to a gas engineer friend who confirms this cost is too much for what’s being offered. I think they’re trying to rip me off for being a single female and decide to try another option...
Do not go near this company. Boiler broke down. Twelve days later still not repaired. Mother is 98. They do not care. J he Neil.
Took out insurance with this company boiler & kitchen appliances. In middle of November 2020 my boiler sprung a leak reported it and was told engineer would be sent out unfortunately never arrived until 14 Dec then told me I needed part and would get back to me but no show.phoned company they said fault was fixed I told them it was not. They said they would send another engineer but did not arrive until last week in January 2021 and same story no more contact. Finally phoned to cancel was informed claim would be passed to cancellation dept and still waiting for call back.
Very quick to take your money but awful at arranging repairs. After a week they still hadn’t called an engineer to look at our broken dishwasher. Numerous phone calls made but no one ever called us back. Policy cancelled and I’m seeking legal action against them.
Avoid this company at all cost because it will cost with no benefits .I went with them because of the price but was robbed. Your money is taken from your bank without prior warning and when queried you are fobbed off with lame excuses but they still have your money over a month before renewal date. When I tried to cancel i was forwarded to a smooth talker and I had to be very forceful to cancel and when I asked for email confirmation I was informed they don't use email confirmation. The boiler service I asked for was never confirmed or carried out. Total waste of time and money don't go there.
Money was taken from my debit card yet smart cover have no record of my account
phoned up to make a claim after 2 years on cover for our washing machine, it broken down and wanted it repaired. spoke to their advisor, most rude woman I've ever spoken to, talking over me at every opportunity. zero customer service skills. trying to talk the way out of us making a legitimate claim. would never go near this lot whatsoever. left me and my partner very stressed and upset. AVOID.
Smart cover poor slow working rubbish insurance!! After waiting more then a month I make complain... and they sort out my claim next day. Avoid as a plague!!! !!
I applied for appliance cover some 2 weeks ago. I received a call from Callum a week ago and at this stage have still not received any confirmation that my application has been accepted. That is the reason I have scored this so low, but really would like a response one way or another as you have taken my money!!.
AVOID SHOCKING SERVICE - Washer dryer failed and have now waited 3 weeks for replacement. Did not realize in the small print when you do have a claim there are 5 pages of forms, pictures and ID to process a engineer visit. Then there is also a delivery charge for a replacement if required, in our case a item of lesser value was the only offer. Now on 2 occasion Smart Cover have failed to arrange a delivery and had us waiting 7am to 7pm on both days. Waiting for them now to make a part cash settlement of not even the full amount.
Really unprofessional (rather cheating) on part of their boiler repair guys (preferred management). The boiler is only 5 years old and they made the wrong diagnosis. I had to pay for access. The problem reappeared due to the wrong diagnosis. At first, they said they would have to change the pump but later they said it's beyond the economic repair. A new story every time I call them. Useless insurrance.
I just think for a small job it took around 2 weeks to get resolved, which involved numerous phone calls and 3 visits. I’ve been with domestic and general and their service compared to yours is more professional. Once my insurance is up for renewal I will be going back to d&g
I apologise for the delays and inconvenience you experienced. Your claim was approved on 11/03/2019 and an engineer was immediately booked. The engineer visited your property on 13/03/2019 and repaired your fridge, however upon talking to the customer on a follow up call, the ice maker was still broken. The engineer attended your property again but unfortunately new parts were required which caused the delay. As soon as the parts arrived the engineer visited your property to finish the job. It appears the only slight delay was waiting for parts and the engineer not fixing the ice maker on the initial visit.
I pay for smart cover everymonth have contacted about a faulty product still no responce
Dear Miss Sillince. I apologise for the problem you have experienced and am currently looking into the reasons why this has occurred. We take customer complaints very seriously and our Customer Services Department will contact you very soon.
I called to book in for a new repair and was told I would receive a call back to book the repair. I waited over a week and called Smart Cover yo query this. I was told that the repair had been done when it had not and I had not heard anything back to book the repair either. I am now awaiting a call back again from Smart Cover regarding this repair. Which still has not been done.
Dear Miss Kuser I have reviewed this and I am aware of the problem you encountered. We sent the job to the manufacturer but there was an administration error which led to them providing an update on the wrong case. Unfortunately the confusion escalated and you were misinformed. I apologise profusely for the problem you encountered. Regards, Smart-Cover Customer Services.
Policy taken out for boiler cover etc 01/02/19 , have received no confirmation (email or post) despite 2 phone calls assuring me that "will get it to me immediately" .I need policy /documents confirmation a.s.a.p. Mr.M.Cox 02920211035 P/Code CF3 3JY.
Dear Mr Cox, I apologise profusely for this. I have forwarded your email to our head of Customer Services. I hope we can sort this out for you as soon as possible.
The web site did not work properly and the annual fee (£139) was taken out of my bank account prior to any confirmation that you were willing to provide the service to me. Took me 2 phone calls to resolve and your response to the phone calls was in both cases "we'll get someone to call you back". You have not yet provided any physical (boiler service) assistance to me as yet but I do hope this will be more effective/efficient than your website and call handling services.
I'm sorry to hear you experienced problems with the website. The site was recently re-designed and we did experience some minor teething problems. It is now fully functioning.
I cancelled my direct debit.i don't won't insurance with you
Cancelled policy before it started but they still tried to take the first direct debit - luckily I spotted it before payment was taken!
Smart Cover Insurance is rated 4.4 based on 693 reviews