Slim's Detailing Reviews

of reviewers recommend Slim's Detailing
Live Chat, Telephone, Email
Read Slim\'s Detailing Reviews

About Slim's Detailing:

Meticulous Car Care & Detailing Products Since 1957. Stocking more than 40 brands (Including, Meguiar's, Autoglym, Auto Finesse, Dodo Juice, Chemical Guys, Gtechniq, Swissvax and many more) & over 1,000 products with the most advanced Rewards scheme in the market.

marketing@slimsdetailing.co.uk

Slim's Detailing 5 star review on 1st January 2020
Slim's Detailing 5 star review on 27th December 2019
Munaf Sidat
More Photos & Videos
Packaging was badly done. Bucket Starter Kit I bought items were not good quality very flimsy ie bucket, brush for wheels, wash Mitt, and grit guard was not durable and spray bottle also.... haven’t used microfibre clothes but overall very disappointed with purchase and quality of it. Would not recommend to anyone.
While the delivery of the products and the products themselves were fantastic. I’m afraid to say the customer service after has left little to be desired.

I have emailed, and sent a message on twitter and Instagram, and not heard anything back in over a week now over a missing trigger for a spray bottle. Yes, I could just go and buy one elsewhere or use something else, but when the invoice states it comes with my order and it wasn’t in the parcel, anyone would question it.

I did exactly that, and to this point Slim’s have not got back to me.

Unfortunate, but I won’t be using this company again.
Product was fine and delivered accordingly,however no customers service provided when contacting for a price match numerous times and because of the continuous non reply decided to purchase from another site.
Sent me 1 order with an item missing, though refunded it when I complained. 2nd order they sent me an item that was 2 years old and 2 months to expiry. Slow to dispatch and several days to arrive by APC “overnight”. Won’t be using them again unless absolutely necessary. Worrying that these are the new CarPro distributors and seem to be effecting availability of these products to other suppliers.
Thank you for your review. Hopefully the below will address some of your concerns.

Like many online shops we have been overwhelmed with orders since lockdown began and we've had to balance this between changing processes to keep our staff safe. We have publicised the delays both us and our couriers are currently facing both on the website and our social channels to manage our customers expectations.

Discussions to take over distribution with the outgoing CarPro UK stockist began just before lockdown, at that point we had good stocks of the range and were in a good position to take over their stocks and any increased sales. Lockdown happened and the UK demand for car cleaning products trebled on our website overnight, CarPro UK also experienced an increase in sales at this point draining the stocks they had to transfer to us as well.
We have now received their stocks and have increased our CarPro sales lines to over 220 lines on our website adding over 30 products since the transfer of business.
We have an order on the water over 7 weeks now since South Korea reopened for business, it takes 10 weeks to get here from South Korea and we have airfreighted stock to help keep up with demand during this period as well. This does negate any profit in the range for us but we will continue to do this to make sure we keep up with current high demand.
I hope this response shows you how serious we are about our position as CarPro UK stockists and that you continue to purchase their excellent products from us. All the best, Slims Customer Service
As the new distributor for CarPro you really need to have better supply in stock and the full range of products or you are letting the entire country down as to ease of access of these phenomenally excellent products. I've very disappointed to see products missing from your website, and low or no stock for many weeks. Despite the current crisis there is no issue to receiving items form overseas, so it shouldn't be used as an excuse if you are going to be the only CarPro distributor and uphold this brand place and reputation in the UK. 3 working days to ship when everyone else is still able to do at least 48 hours is also disappointing. Frankly you shouldn't be the CarPro reps if you cannot provide the service, so I really hope these are just growing pains, and that you work out the bugs.
Thanks for your review and your concern about our stock holding of, to use your words phenomenally excellent CarPro products, we completely agree with that statement by the way!

I will respond to all your points as follows.

Lockdown happened and the UK demand for car cleaning products trebled on our website overnight, CarPro UK also experienced an increase in sales at this point draining the stocks they had to transfer to us as well. As I write this today we have received their stocks and have increased our CarPro sales lines to over 220 lines on our website adding over 30 products since the transfer of business.

We have an order on the water over 6 weeks now since South Korea reopened for business, it takes 10 weeks to get here from South Korea and we have airfreighted stock to help keep up with demand during this period as well. This does negate any profit in the range for us but we will continue to do this to make sure we keep up with current high demand.

As I check stocks today we are out of 9 products on the website so about 4% of lines are unavailable, we would like this to be 0% but continue to experience high demand.

As to your point about 3 working days to ship you have read our message on the website wrongly, we ask for people to allow 3 days to chase a shipment as couriers have been experiencing high workloads and we cannot guarantee next day delivery at the moment we are currently packing all orders for next day delivery and most customers are receiving their order next working day or at worst within 48 hours.

I hope this response shows you how serious we are about our position as CarPro UK stockists and that you continue to purchase their phenomenally excellent products from us.

All the best, Slims Customer Service
Hi nothing wrong with your products, and your staff were helpful, especialy Sue "thank you Sue" who chased up your courier A.P.C. who were less than satisfactoy, because of them I donot think I will be ordering from you again. Michael
I placed my first order with “Slims” after a search for a particular product showed a good price and available stock/normal dispatch time.
I did not receive any “shipped” notification or tracking but the parcel arrived a couple of days later.
I was disappointed to find only 2 of the 3 items ordered in the box and after many messages on various methods (email/phone/Slims Facebook page) I finally got the missing item sent and has now arrived.
No apology recieved
Next day delivery took a week and when my parcel arrived a bottle was broken. Tried to contact through Facebook and Twitter (they advertise through both) but no response.
Placed the order on Monday, it’s now Sunday and still not here. I had to chase for my updates as these were not forthcoming. I still have no idea when my stuff will arrive. And there goes the bank holiday weekend of cleaning my car.
I’ll be using a different supplier in future.
Thank you for taking the time to review our service. Like all businesses we are experiencing unprecedented difficulties not seen in the 63 years we have been established.

I am sorry that your order took longer than expected to arrive but our amazingly committed staff’s safety is our priority and the social distancing laws are being strictly abided to which is slowing down some of our processes.

Our dedicated couriers are also doing an incredible job delivering our parcels and in most areas are managing to do this almost as quickly as normal but in some areas I know they are struggling with staff but still continue to deliver a quick service for which we applaud them.

We cannot guarantee next day delivery at the moment but will continue to do our best to get your products to you efficiently if you place an order again in the future.

Thanks Andrew Moring, Slim’s Marketing Director
Where to start, paying for next day standard dispatch, and waiting 10 days for delivery was not good customer service, especially when I had to contact you twice, the first time I was informed it would be sent that day Monday,
But I had to contact you again and was told that you where extremely busy, well you are not a new company, so being busy I would have thought that would be good for you! Contacting you once should have been enough, resent paying over £4 for postage then have to wait 10 days, not good
Payed over £50 to get the next day delivery and it was a day late
I ordered items on a black friday discount only to find in the small print the 10% discount only applied to a few of the items I wanted, the items i ordered arrived promptly a few days later but one item was incorrect whilst checking the web site to see if I had ordered the item which had been sent I get notified that your cyber monday deal gives me the 10% discount on my whole order, the differance being £27.30.
so i feel ihave been overcharged and i have note received the items that i wanted.
I'm now waiting for the responce to my previous email.
Promise of next day delivery but still undelivered after FOUR days. Email query on delivery remains unanswered. I expected more from Slim's
I received an email asking for my experience regarding my purchase, unfortunately my stuff hasn't arrived yet ! not sure who the courier is you use as I am waiting for other products from different suppliers at the moment if it is APC they attempted to deliver while I was out and left a card so I went on to there site to rearrange a date to ensure I would be in but unfortunately they tried again but not on the date I had given them ! So I am still waiting.
Placed my order Thursday morning for Friday delivery . First the computer went down and I had to call because the delivery did not arrive on time. Then I was promised a Saturday delivery with APC (with a tracking number that was wrong) that did not materialize, a further call on Monday morning and received the parcel Monday late AM. people I talked to were all very nice but I think that should change carrier
Sadly not a great start to my 1st order, delivered late & then turned out I received someone else's order, my order eventually arrived which was correct, however I currently still have someone else's order which I've had to print return labels and arrange a day I have to be in to return it. Will prob use again if discount available!
Ordered a number of items, no show of delivery, customer services poor, and aggressive over phone, with nobody able to advise of my delivery.

Wont be using Slims again as the service is awful.
I cannot comment on the products as they have not been delivered (for a second time). So my comment has to relate to Morrelli Group since they have contracted to APC the delivery of their goods. APC attempted delivery to the wrong address on 8th June. Slims were very prompt in contacting APC on my behalf. There was system glitch which entered the wrong address. Today APC have attempted delivery again to the wrong address. The reason stated by APC "the driver didn't look at the corrected delivery address".
I feel sure that if the products ever arrive they will be to Slims' high standard. However they need to have strong words with APC who are letting them down.
Don’t bother trying to call them they do not answer the phone or return any calls.
I have not yet tested the products but I’m sure they will do what they should (poor boys black hole and black wax paste). I was a somewhat disappointed when I opened the fair size box that was delivered to me, I was fooled by the size thinking that I was getting at least 1, maybe even two cloths/applicator. No, just the products, not even a sticker. I know this may seem petty but it’s the little things that go a long way!
Slim's Detailing is rated 4.82 based on 4,706 reviews