Slim's Detailing Reviews

of reviewers recommend Slim's Detailing
Live Chat, Telephone, Email
Read Slim\'s Detailing Reviews

About Slim's Detailing:

Meticulous Car Care & Detailing Products Since 1957. Stocking more than 40 brands (Including, Meguiar's, Autoglym, Auto Finesse, Dodo Juice, Chemical Guys, Gtechniq, Swissvax and many more) & over 1,000 products with the most advanced Rewards scheme in the market.

marketing@slimsdetailing.co.uk

Slim's Detailing 5 star review on 1st January 2020
Slim's Detailing 5 star review on 27th December 2019
Munaf Sidat
More Photos & Videos
As the new distributor for CarPro you really need to have better supply in stock and the full range of products or you are letting the entire country down as to ease of access of these phenomenally excellent products. I've very disappointed to see products missing from your website, and low or no stock for many weeks. Despite the current crisis there is no issue to receiving items form overseas, so it shouldn't be used as an excuse if you are going to be the only CarPro distributor and uphold this brand place and reputation in the UK. 3 working days to ship when everyone else is still able to do at least 48 hours is also disappointing. Frankly you shouldn't be the CarPro reps if you cannot provide the service, so I really hope these are just growing pains, and that you work out the bugs.
Thanks for your review and your concern about our stock holding of, to use your words phenomenally excellent CarPro products, we completely agree with that statement by the way!

I will respond to all your points as follows.

Lockdown happened and the UK demand for car cleaning products trebled on our website overnight, CarPro UK also experienced an increase in sales at this point draining the stocks they had to transfer to us as well. As I write this today we have received their stocks and have increased our CarPro sales lines to over 220 lines on our website adding over 30 products since the transfer of business.

We have an order on the water over 6 weeks now since South Korea reopened for business, it takes 10 weeks to get here from South Korea and we have airfreighted stock to help keep up with demand during this period as well. This does negate any profit in the range for us but we will continue to do this to make sure we keep up with current high demand.

As I check stocks today we are out of 9 products on the website so about 4% of lines are unavailable, we would like this to be 0% but continue to experience high demand.

As to your point about 3 working days to ship you have read our message on the website wrongly, we ask for people to allow 3 days to chase a shipment as couriers have been experiencing high workloads and we cannot guarantee next day delivery at the moment we are currently packing all orders for next day delivery and most customers are receiving their order next working day or at worst within 48 hours.

I hope this response shows you how serious we are about our position as CarPro UK stockists and that you continue to purchase their phenomenally excellent products from us.

All the best, Slims Customer Service
Rubbish l have still not received it four working days later and was supposed to be next day delivery
Having completed my Detailing course in Oct 2015 with Slims. Which was a brilliant. I now have a successful Detailing business based in Surrey which is growing very fast. I would like to thank everyone at slims for all the help. Service is spot on delivery times on products are amazingly fast and there's always some one friendly on the end of the phone to deal with. Over all a GREAT company which is miles better than most out there. Thanks
Slim's Detailing 5 star review on 18th July 2016 Slim's Detailing 5 star review on 18th July 2016
My first order from slims detailing, free postage and next day delivery, extremely happy and will be ordering again next time
Thanks
Slim's Detailing 5 star review on 21st May 2016 Slim's Detailing 5 star review on 21st May 2016
Hey bud - thanks for the great review! We appreciate it. Great pictures, appreciate you sharing them. All the best - The Slim's Team.
Parcel came very quickly and was well wrapped.
Had everything that I wanted at a good price. Will be using again for more detailing stuff when I need to buy more.

I'm Bitterly disappointed with the service. I placed my order on the 17th May.. Its now the 27th May and have not received anything, And have had no lines of communication in the slightest, despite my numerous attempts at contacting via email and telephone.

Order #100001069

As a matter of urgency I would like a response.
Ordered some clay bars, spray heads and carpro gliss and the gear arrived a couple of days after they were purchased. Excellent delivery times considering the current situation with CV19.
I had to use an alternative email address and couldn't collect the points though as there appeared to be a security issue when using my normal account which seems to be sorted now.
My only other thing is as far as Car Pro gear is concerned I emailed about 3 weeks ago and never got an answer and I am not that confident that I would get the same experience/service I did with the original owner Craig. Time will tell I suppose.
Issue with purchase. Called spoke to someone who agreed with my issue and was promised a call back. No call back no response to three emails Also no one answers the phone.

Expect a lame excuse about COVID-19 to be the reason but took my money quick enough though.
While the delivery of the products and the products themselves were fantastic. I’m afraid to say the customer service after has left little to be desired.

I have emailed, and sent a message on twitter and Instagram, and not heard anything back in over a week now over a missing trigger for a spray bottle. Yes, I could just go and buy one elsewhere or use something else, but when the invoice states it comes with my order and it wasn’t in the parcel, anyone would question it.

I did exactly that, and to this point Slim’s have not got back to me.

Unfortunate, but I won’t be using this company again.
Product was fine and delivered accordingly,however no customers service provided when contacting for a price match numerous times and because of the continuous non reply decided to purchase from another site.
Sent me 1 order with an item missing, though refunded it when I complained. 2nd order they sent me an item that was 2 years old and 2 months to expiry. Slow to dispatch and several days to arrive by APC “overnight”. Won’t be using them again unless absolutely necessary. Worrying that these are the new CarPro distributors and seem to be effecting availability of these products to other suppliers.
Thank you for your review. Hopefully the below will address some of your concerns.

Like many online shops we have been overwhelmed with orders since lockdown began and we've had to balance this between changing processes to keep our staff safe. We have publicised the delays both us and our couriers are currently facing both on the website and our social channels to manage our customers expectations.

Discussions to take over distribution with the outgoing CarPro UK stockist began just before lockdown, at that point we had good stocks of the range and were in a good position to take over their stocks and any increased sales. Lockdown happened and the UK demand for car cleaning products trebled on our website overnight, CarPro UK also experienced an increase in sales at this point draining the stocks they had to transfer to us as well.
We have now received their stocks and have increased our CarPro sales lines to over 220 lines on our website adding over 30 products since the transfer of business.
We have an order on the water over 7 weeks now since South Korea reopened for business, it takes 10 weeks to get here from South Korea and we have airfreighted stock to help keep up with demand during this period as well. This does negate any profit in the range for us but we will continue to do this to make sure we keep up with current high demand.
I hope this response shows you how serious we are about our position as CarPro UK stockists and that you continue to purchase their excellent products from us. All the best, Slims Customer Service
I ordered an scangrip light which when I opened it the seal on the box was broken. The light it's self looked second hand with marks and bits of fluff on it. I must say I felt very disappointed that a professional company would have left this happen.
The only problem I had with your website is wanting to purchase everything you have. Even in these difficult times thanks for still processing orders so I can get through this with my mental health intact!
I have used this company for about 4 years. Their customer service and delivery times are excellent. Their stock is always competitively priced.Despite the Coronavirus and Easter BH I can’t believe some people are still expecting next day delivery. This is an excellent company and if my future orders take a week to arrive so bit it. Well done Slims. Keep up the good work
You can not fault there’s guys they know there business and have experts in the trade, I personally used them for a number or years and always been spot on, and if your not sure don’t be shy to ask there truly do there best to help you know matter what, thanks guys
great stock of products, good prices and very fast delivery
Phoned to get some advice before ordering, very helpful and honest, could have easily sold me something I wouldn't have benefited from. Received the package the morning after, seriously good customer service hence why I bought from them and will buy from them again in the future
Package arrived on time which was surprising given the current Corona virus situation.

Well packaged as usual, will be ordering from Slim’s time after time.
First class service and great prices. Despite what's going on nowadays goods arrived speedily and extremely well packaged/protected. Faultless.
competitive on price, good service. No issues which is fairly rare these days.
Slim's Detailing is rated 4.82 based on 4,709 reviews